Video Offered for Sale Purports to Show Biden's Daughter Snorting Cocaine

Lovejac

Reaction score
Biden's daughter is an adult, I believe.

If the video was taken recently to document illegal drug possession, why weren't the authorities called at the time? No one with any sense records a person committing a crime and stays silent about it unless they want to profit personally AND edit out their own behavior, perhaps. It would appear to the casual observer that this is a smear tactic against the VP. In HIS defense, and his only, and without any political party bias- this man is not responsible for what his daughter does if he is unaware. He might be instrumental in an intervention if she has a drug addiction but the opportunistic shopping of the video only hurts him personally.

In case some people didn't read the biographies of both John McCain and Joe Biden during the Pres. campaigns, their histories with their first families are extremely sad with no bias or blame assigned. Joe Biden lost a baby girl and his wife in a car accident and almost lost his son Beau. The archival photographs of the accident scene, of little Beau in traction, of McCain and his crippled body and that of his first wife's still partially disabled but lovely persona are all very hard for me to view and not cry for both men, the children and the women. NONE of us are perfect and NONE of our children are either.

No matter what, Joe Biden is a father and husband first. It's sick to hit at him through an adult child's misbehavior.
He is not responsible or accountable for what she does- she is.
Not that we know the video is even true- the entire thing is indicative of the morals of this country and this world. Hurt, degrade tear down, warp, flaunt law-breaking, whatever.

The world we live in is becoming a very amoral and damaged place, and it only took about 30 years to get to this awful dark place .

Jana

It's an age-old tactic to to strike out at politicians through their children. I'd like to think that most of us understand this is just a game. I personally don't think what Biden's adult daughter choses to do with her leisure time has any effect on the governance of our country.

It's an age-old tactic to to strike out at politicians through their children. I'd like to think that most of us understand this is just a game. I personally don't think what Biden's adult daughter choses to do with her leisure time has any effect on the governance of our country.

I agree. It's a terrible, hurtful game. It will be interesting to see if the press attacks the Bidens in the same way it attacked the Palins for the actions of their daughter. IIRC, the Palins were accused of being hypocrites, bad parents, unsuitable for Washington, etc. because of Bristols' pregnancy. I somehow doubt Ashley Biden and her parents will be treated that way. I expect they will be treated with care and compassion. How the press spins this story, if they even allow it to become a story, should be fascinating.

IMO

The Bush Twins were off limits; the Palin's children were quickly made off limits, and Biden's children should be off limits also. Even in college - the Bush twins were made off limits to the media and off limits here on WS.

That said; kids experiment in college, always have, always will, unfortunately. And the party alot more than they used to during the 60's and 70's.

Biden's daughter is 27 years old, so I don't think we can compare her to teenagers. She is a grown woman so I think it would be a bit ridiculous to blame her parents for her drug use. It is sad and pathetic that so many people out there are willing to sell "friends" out to make some quick, undeserved money from tabloids.

It shouldn't reflect on the VP, although I feel for any parent who has a child who abuses drugs. I think that is probably in the top 5 worst fears for most anyone with kids.

It does, however, reflect badly on her. She isn't some teenager or college student - she's a 27 year old social worker! I would think that she could face some sort of disciplinary action over this, or even lose her job.

Not saying that she doesn't deserve it. She should know better. But it just goes to show why the quality of our politicians has gone down so drastically in the last 40 years. The price of having your life scrutinized from every angle is not worth it to most people. Personally I am a little suspicious of anyone who is power hungry enough to put their family through that.

Did she really think no one at that party would tell?

does this make her the first coke head? Biden will just lie about it anyway

The Post reported that the video shows a 20-something woman with light skin and long brown hair taking a red straw from her mouth and bending over a desk, inserting the straw into her nostril and snorting from lines of white powder.
The woman appears to resemble the 27-year-old Biden, a social worker who was a visible presence during her father's campaign for the White House.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...le-purports-bidens-daughter-snorting-cocaine/

Not confirmed to be Vice President Biden's daughter. Hence, why would Secret Service be at a party with illegal drugs being used?

I agree. It's a terrible, hurtful game. It will be interesting to see if the press attacks the Bidens in the same way it attacked the Palins for the actions of their daughter. IIRC, the Palins were accused of being hypocrites, bad parents, unsuitable for Washington, etc. because of Bristols' pregnancy. I somehow doubt Ashley Biden and her parents will be treated that way. I expect they will be treated with care and compassion. How the press spins this story, if they even allow it to become a story, should be fascinating.

IMO

Great points and I too will follow the unfolding with interest! Bristol's pregnancy had some "legs" because of of Palin's public stances on birth control, etc... though I agree that it had nothing to do with how Palin may have governed.

Biden's daughter is 27 years old, so I don't think we can compare her to teenagers. She is a grown woman so I think it would be a bit ridiculous to blame her parents for her drug use. It is sad and pathetic that so many people out there are willing to sell "friends" out to make some quick, undeserved money from tabloids.

Amen - I still feel bad for Phelps. In any event, I don;t know if it's been confirmed yet that this was Biden's daughter.

It's interesting - back in my debauched youth when I was doing immoral and illegal things, no one had cameras or cell phones and the internet wasn't around - such a different atmosphere in which to act like an idiot! I often wonder - if I were going through all that in this day and age would I snort cocaine for the cameras or post pictures of my lady parts into a text message. I'd like to say I wouldn't, but truth be told, I wonder......

Great points and I too will follow the unfolding with interest! Bristol's pregnancy had some "legs" because of of Palin's public stances on birth control, etc... though I agree that it had nothing to do with how Palin may have governed.

Biden has been pretty darn tough on the drug control issue -- he coined the term "drug czar", he is a supporter of mandatory drug sentences, and he enabled the Justice Department to punish property owners for drug activity on their premises. I do feel sorry for the Bidens, though. They shouldn't be held responsible for the actions of their daughter. I think the media will handle them gently, unlike the terrible skewering they gave the Palins.

Biden has been pretty darn tough on the drug control issue -- he coined the term "drug czar", he is a supporter of mandatory drug sentences, and he enabled the Justice Department to punish property owners for drug activity on their premises. I do feel sorry for the Bidens, though. They shouldn't be held responsible for the actions of their daughter. I think the media will handle them gently, unlike the terrible skewering they gave the Palins.

Very interesting - I did not know he coined the term Drug Czar!:rolleyes:

Evidently the lawyer dropped the "client" when it was found that he used a hidden camera and destroyed it. Originally he had said that Ashley knew she was being filmed. Of course they're still saying "purported to be Ashley; looks like Ashley".

He wanted TWO MILLION for his video; then lowered it to $400,000. Post didn't buy it.

Gee, what a "friend". Of course I'm sure HE never participated in anything illicit. Such a stand-up fellow.

Yes, there is a reason the Mexicans have lots of guns to wreak havoc at the Border; the drug trade is obviously good.

Evidently the lawyer dropped the "client" when it was found that he used a hidden camera and destroyed it. Originally he had said that Ashley knew she was being filmed.

He wanted TWO MILLION for his video; then lowered it to $400,000. Post didn't buy it.

Gee, what a "friend". Of course I'm sure HE never participated in anything illicit. Such a stand-up fellow.

What a cretin!

Parents are not accountable for their grown childrens actions. My father is a federal judge who puts drug offenders in prison (if he absolutely has to - prefers to send them to state-mandated rehabs first) and doesn't do drugs himself yet when I was a teenager and into my earler 20's I experimented with drugs and did things they would not have been proud of or supported and my actions in no way reflected my upbringing or what my parents instilled (or tried to) in me.

That being said you gotta be careful because you never know who is watching you. I knew a guy through a friend and he was a drug dealer. I was at a party at his house a couple times and both times unbeknownst to me he was secretely video-taping me and my actions. He had recently been busted for drugs and was going to face my father in court. It was his third offense and there was no doubt he would be sent to prison this time. His shady lawyer had told him that if he could nail the judge's daughter doing stuff they could use it to blackmail my dad. Of course that was a really stupid idea but regardless it was very embarrassing for me to go through with dad. It had never even occured to me someone would do soemthing like that and I had no idea the guy was a big-time drug dealer. Lesson learned on that one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back