GUILTY NC - Eight dead in Carthage nursing home shooting, 29 March 2009

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Six people were killed and a police officer injured in a Moore County nursing-home shooting Sunday morning, police said.
The shooting happened around 10 a.m. at Pinelake Health and Rehab Center, 801 Pinehurst Ave. (more at link)

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/4837676/

It's little wonder I automatically wince before checking news headlines in these troubled, troubled times.

It's little wonder I automatically wince before checking news headlines in these troubled, troubled times.

Is it me, or have Sunday's become bad for this kind of stuff?

Maybe everything happening with the economy, people are questioning their faith and the emotion which goes along with such creates a riper atmosphere for despair making Sundays and associated religious centers targets.

This could end up being disgruntled employee or a guy who just went on a rampage with no real motive. Who knows? Makes me angry the would choose to harm the defenseless elderly or anyone else. He lived...so he can at least give us his reasons before they give him the DP.

Is it me, or have Sunday's become bad for this kind of stuff?

Not sure. I think Sunday tends to have an aura about it and thus, when something like this does take place, it shatters for many a day on which they celebrate spirituality, and thus the horrific event becomes extra-memorable.

I just read this on FoxNews. So sad :(

Praying for the victims and their families.

Gunman being charged with 8 counts of murder. Naming victims...patients over 78 years old. A nurse and another person killed.

Suspect Mr Robert Stewart...43 yrs old? From the county area.

Sounds like his (the ) wife may have worked there.

Sorry no link, just guessing on my part from the presser.

:(

Another presser at 10am tomorrow. Will give more details at that time.

Sounds like his (the ) wife may have worked there.

Sorry no link, just guessing on my part from the presser.

:(

You probably heard more than me. I missed the first minute or so.

I hate that the vics, because of being in a nursing home and their age, were probably unable to get out of the way.

You probably heard more than me. I missed the first minute or so.

What I got from the reporter's questions and the non answers from the authorities, it seems he was related in some way to a staff member, sorry if that isn't clear.

This is just sickening.

Thank you SuziQ for providing information. :blowkiss:

What I got from the reporter's questions and the non answers from the authorities, it seems he was related in some way to a staff member, sorry if that isn't clear.

This is just sickening.

Thank you SuziQ for providing information. :blowkiss:

I should have said the "no comment" answers. Didn't mean to be disrespectful to LE.

I just watched ABC news and LE is now saying they didn't think the gunman was related to any of the victims.

But IMO it would stand to reason that he might be related. Esp. since there was only one nurse who was killed, the others were residents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back