2009.04.07 Baez Under Investigation Again By Florida Bar

Secretsolver

Reaction score
Channel 6 news is reporting exclusively that Casey's attorney JB is currently under investigation for encouraging a private investigator to "look the other way" when he went looking for the body and to not call 911.
The Florida Bar is looking into an inquiry on JB for telling the PI to "keep quiet".
And whether JB has acted unethically in this case.

The PI is admitting that he was told to keep quiet and if he had been the one to stumble upon the body he would have done the right thing and called the police despite being instructed to do otherwise. Multiple people have complained to the Florida bar about JB alleging that JB who told D Casey to keep the discovery of Caylees body a secret.
JB denies all of this and says that he will refute the allegations.

Mike Deforest was the reporter on this at 5 pm.

www.clickorlando.com is Channel 6's website.

Coming up at 5:30 is the release of Cindy A's voicemails to detectives.

Well shoot, something tells me JB may not last til the October trial date. That of course could simply be wishful thinking.

Has anyone kept track of how many investigations by the Florida Bar JB has had in this case? Is this number 3 or 4?

ETA IF this true, and I repeat IF, how much legal trouble would JB be in? Could he lose his law licence? Maybe one of our Legal minds could let us know what the results COULD be.

Fla. Bar Launches Another Investigation Into Baez
Baez Accused Of Asking P.I. To Not Call 911 If Caylee's Remains Found
POSTED: Tuesday, April 7, 2009
UPDATED: 6:02 pm EDT April 7, 2009

Caylee Marie Anthony.
The Florida Bar has launched an investigation into Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez.
Allegations have been made against Baez that he told private investigator Dominic Casey to avoid calling 911 if he found Caylee Anthony's remains.
No proof has been offered that the conversation actually took place, but the Florida Bar has begun an investigation into the matter, to see whether Baez violated any rules. The bar would not confirm who made the complaints, but did confirm that several complaints were made.

More on this at:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19120145/detail.html

They had a video report on the 6 PM newscast, hopefully that will be up later. Apparently a number of people have filed complaints against him!

Sounds to me like JB might be the one who Casey PI was chattin wid on the search for a Dead Caylee.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19120145/detail.html

Casey told detectives in that interview that someone asked him to keep quiet if he found the body. Parts of that interview were determined by a judge to be confidential and were not released to the public.

Well, it was either the As, Casey, or JB.

Wow, I wonder if this "news" is related to Dominic joining up with the new lawyer ? Maybe the new lawyer told him that he needs to be honest about who was behind the "tip".

Channel 6 news is reporting exclusively that Casey's attorney JB is currently under investigation for encouraging a private investigator to "look the other way" when he went looking for the body and to not call 911.
The Florida Bar is looking into an inquiry on JB for telling the PI to "keep quiet".
And whether JB has acted unethically in this case.

The PI is admitting that he was told to keep quiet and if he had been the one to stumble upon the body he would have done the right thing and called the police despite being instructed to do otherwise. Multiple people have complained to the Florida bar about JB alleging that JB who told D Casey to keep the discovery of Caylees body a secret.
JB denies all of this and says that he will refute the allegations.

Mike Deforest was the reporter on this at 5 pm.

www.clickorlando.com is Channel 6's website.

Coming up at 5:30 is the release of Cindy A's voicemails to detectives.

Ah, yes! The part of the interview that went off tape...so let's see, LE knows who DC was talking about and suddenly JB is under another ethics investigation.

Has anyone kept track of how many investigations by the Florida Bar JB has had in this case? Is this number 3 or 4?

ETA IF this true, and I repeat IF, how much legal trouble would JB be in? Could he lose his law licence? Maybe one of our Legal minds could let us know what the results COULD be.

I think it is 4. Might be 5.

From everything I have read, I am no legal pro, Jose could be in bar trouble if he told someone not to call LE if they found the body of a missing and deceased person, in this case, child.

Yes, it was. Bet JB wishes he paid DC the money he owed him, lol.

The money probably wouldn't have stopped this snowball coming down the hill. Here it comes:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

From everything I have read, I am no legal pro, Jose could be in bar trouble if he told someone not to call LE if they found the body of a missing and deceased person, in this case, child.

If allegations prove to be true;

Worse case scenario, disbarment.

Best case, sanctions.

I disagree. This is just my opinion, but I think/hope it would take a lot more than a he-said/he-said incident to snatch someone's license away from them.

ZOMG.....Bad Jose. Bad! What next...are they going to go after him for knowing it was there?

I disagree. This is just my opinion, but I think/hope it would take a lot more than a he-said/he-said incident to snatch someone's license away from them.

So------he won't get disbarred because he knew that Caylee was dead and Casey PI was on the phone with JB when he was out in the woods looking---being videoed? Plus the other thangs the Bar has on JB? How much does it take to put a stop to all this madness!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back