WFTV - STRICKLAND filed complaint against Baez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But DC doesn't look like the kinda guy who would want to have anything to do with picking up and moving a dead body (poor Caylee)...so if not him, then who?

KC doesn't "look" like a murdering monster either..... just sayin.

And I am not implying DC did anything like moving a body.....

That Schaeffer guy always overstates things. It would all depend on how Baez learned of the location or possible location of the body whether the information was privileged. If it did NOT come from Casey A in the course of communicating with her attorney then it isn't. Maybe the A's figured it out and they told DC and Baez and engineered this little search. If it's all clearly privileged, then why did BC allow DC to tell it all?

Anyway, knowing a fact and keeping silent is different than going to the scene and mucking around in the evidence with the intention to do who knows what.

Nope, not limited to information learned directly from Casey. Here's the Florida RPC. In some jurisdictions it is explained as the difference between a "confidence" and a "secret." "
Rule 4-1.6 Confidentiality of Information (a) Consent Required to Reveal Information. A lawyer shall not reveal information relating to representation of a client except as stated in subdivisions (b), (c), and (d), unless the client consents after disclosure to the client. (b) When Lawyer Must Reveal Information. A lawyer shall reveal such information to the extent the lawyer reasonably believes necessary: (1) to prevent a client from committing a crime; or (2) to prevent a death or substantial bodily harm to another. (c) When Lawyer May Reveal Information. A lawyer may reveal such information to the extent the lawyer reasonably believes necessary: (1) to serve the client's interest unless it is information the client specifically requires not to be disclosed; (2) to establish a claim or defense on behalf of the lawyer in a controversy between the lawyer and client; (3) to establish a defense to a criminal charge or civil claim against the lawyer based upon conduct in which the client was involved; (4) to respond to allegations in any proceeding concerning the lawyer's representation of the client; or (5) to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct."
I think the problem might be 4-1.2(d): "A lawyer shall not counsel a client to engage, or assist a client, in conduct that the lawyer knows or reasonably should know is criminal or fraudulent."

Knew that this one was coming. Strickland knows better than anyone that Casey might NOT getting a proper defense - and no one wants to see anything go awry that could be challenged on appeal.

Now...about those bets that his co-counsel, LKB, will be withdrawing as counsel pro hac vice...

Shady defense...Best to get over it quickly and move onto a fair trial...Smells like that to me!

MOO

Strickland has demonstrated himself to be a clear thinker and an honest advocate for a fair trial. I doubt that he had to think all that long or all that hard...Whatever this is about, I have no doubts that (if true) he's done the right thing to ensure that justice is carried out correctly.

MOO
Oh, absolutely...what I meant is he takes his job very seriously and wouldn't file a frivolous complaint. No judge would want to be in this position...it's very serious.

These actions must have all come out of Casey's deposition, where Conway was representing him. At one point it went "off the record" and whatever Casey said then is what we are seeing the result of today. He must have told the truth as to exactly why he was searching in that area, who told him to go there, how they found out that information, etc. They are all involved. KC, JB, the rest of the A's, BC and DC.
They are all involved, imo. But, this particular complaint is Baez' alone. He has done something very wrong and it's not about knowing where the body was.

This probably has everything to do with his motion to allow KC off house arrest to go to "places of interest".

Oh, absolutely...what I meant is he takes his job very seriously and wouldn't file a frivolous complaint. No judge would want to be in this position...it's very serious.

Sorry. Didn't mean to sound like I wasn't agreeing when in fact, I totally agree with you!!! :)

Nope, not limited to information learned directly from Casey. Here's the Florida RPC. In some jurisdictions it is explained as the difference between a "confidence" and a "secret." " I think the problem might be 4-1.2(d): "A lawyer shall not counsel a client to engage, or assist a client, in conduct that the lawyer knows or reasonably should know is criminal or fraudulent."
What if it wasn't Casey A. that revealed where Caylee was?

Gosh this case is a mess.
Now more than ever, from today's revelations it's very clear to me that Caylee is now no longer a concern for anyone who shares blood with her. It seems clearer to me now more than ever that her entire family at some point might have known where she was located and did nothing but try to cover for Casey. Good for Strickland! I hope once Casey gets what she deserves they go after the whole lot of Team Casey and those who enable their behavior.
After hearing this, I finally feel that there is someone there for Caylee. Thank you Judge Strickland!

I'm confused.. what exactly did JB say that caused the judge to file a complaint or whatever he filed? Did he say "the defense has no legal obligation to inform authorities that they have found a body, if it would harm their client"?

If so, it would seem to me he could say that if he wanted to, it is (apparently!) the truth.. what else would he say if anyone asked him what would have happened if they had found the body and not reported it? He is merely stating what the law is.. no secret to what the law says is correct, surely? Nor need it have come from him, anyone who looked up the law on the subject could say it.. if that is indeed the law..

Knew that this one was coming. Strickland knows better than anyone that Casey might NOT getting a proper defense - and no one wants to see anything go awry that could be challenged on appeal.

Now...about those bets that his co-counsel, LKB, will be withdrawing as counsel pro hac vice...

I'm betting we'll see a notice of withdrawal from LKB very soon.

I'm confused.. what exactly did JB say that caused the judge to file a complaint or whatever he filed? Did he say "the defense has no legal obligation to inform authorities that they have found a body, if it would harm their client"?

If so, it would seem to me he could say that if he wanted to, it is (apparently!) the truth.. what else would he say if anyone asked him what would have happened if they had found the body and not reported it? He is merely stating what the law is.. no secret to what the law says is correct, surely? Nor need it have come from him, anyone who looked up the law on the subject could say it.. if that is indeed the law..
We really have no idea what was said...just speculating what would warrant it.

True - but this is Jose Baez - it is no large leap to assume he did something sneaky, dishonest and underhanded that we do not know about. On the surface it may seem fine - but seriously, let's wait till all the facts come out and then we'll be amazed!

I'm betting we'll see a notice of withdrawal from LKB very soon.
Things have been mighty quiet in that camp. I wondered why it was the "spokesperson" who came out yesterday to talk. Baez is probably hiding. He knows about the complaint.

These actions must have all come out of Casey's deposition, where Conway was representing him. At one point it went "off the record" and whatever Casey said then is what we are seeing the result of today. He must have told the truth as to exactly why he was searching in that area, who told him to go there, how they found out that information, etc. They are all involved. KC, JB, the rest of the A's, BC and DC.

Let's not forget that Casey gave a second interview to LE that the judge sealed because it contained confidential information. I'm thinking the judge has a more complicated issue than just telling Casey not to call 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ