2009.04.09 Cindy's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

affinity

Reaction score
I am very new to this case. I have not seen many of CA's previous interviews. I noticed during the deposition that CA's rate of eye-blinking is much slower than what I would think was usual. It made me think that she had taken a relaxant or she was very tired. She seemed to understand all the questions clearly, but her facial reactions even sometimes seems intoxicated to me. Understand, I am not saying she was intoxicated...just trying to ask for opinions about whether she seemed different to you.
Is she always like that...or is this is different demeanor?...Did you see what I am talking about and if so..what do you make of it?

...I thought I would ask you in a new thread but if this should be moved to the deposition thread, please do. :)

It's been said before, but she needs to get her emotional outbursts in check. NOBODY is gonna take too kindly to her finger pointing, gum chomping, demanding attitude at the trial on the witness stand. If she thought this questioning was bad and she got her feathers ruffled, just wait....mark my words, the judge is gonna get her for contempt of court....IMO

ETA : BC better use their video for how NOT to behave at the trial!!

This is classic CA to me. They both have been combative since day 1. I've followed this case from the beginning and I'm not one bit shocked at their behavior.

Well, I was asking if she seemed oddly slowed down in both her speech and her eye-blinking.

nor am i. she has been like this from the get go...its just we havent seen her for 3 hours straight. i mean i would not want to get in an argument with her...SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, because I really thought with his actions, he was just out of school, so he should know how a depo works by now one would think.

You are quite welcome! Do you really think BC did not prepare the A's for the deposition? Or was it a matter of G and C having their own agenda regardless of what BC explained to them? I'm still unsure of the answer. I would love to hear your angle on it.

IMO, her speech was "slow" because she was struggling to ensure she said the 'right' things. I must admit I didn't notice the rate of her eye-blinking, but I did notice that she was chomping on her gum pretty quickly most of the time. :rolleyes:

Okay, just checking as to whether or not I've missed something ....... I do not recall ever hearing/seeing the information, relative to phone records, CA is speaking of below ........

5 Q Okay. Now, if the psychic didn't tell him
6 this, someone else would have, true? If the tip didn't
7 come from the psychic, the tip --
8 A I think the sheriff's department already
9 established it was the psychic through her phone records
10 and his phone records
and she's also come to the
11 sheriff's department and told hem or smoke en with them.
12 So my understanding it is Jeanette because she's already
13 given her records and Dominic's his records voluntarily
14 to Sergeant Allen and Nick Savage to verify that indeed
15 it matches the time on the time stamp of the video that
16 Mr. Hoover took.

I was startled by this, too. Anyone here know if these cell phone records did confirm that DC was on the phone with the psychic?

I have been disposed in a number of cases, and there is no reason to get angry unless you have something to hide and are being caught. That is what many attorney's count on to determine if someone is lying.

First, you NEVER ask questions of the attorney who called the deposition, you just answer the questions as simply as possible. You do not elaborate with long tales like Cindy, Lee and George did. (their attorney either did not prep them well,or they would not adhere to his instructions)

The preferred way is a simple yes or no. If they want additional information, let them ask specific questions and then you answer them again yes or no.

You never "threaten" an opposing attorney like Cindy did on a number of occasions. This shows ill intent and can come back to haunt you later.

You never curse, or call anyone names. That is not only uncivil, but indicative of poor character and does not set well with juries when heard in a trial.

Cindy is almost a textbook case in this one of what NEVER to do in a deposition. When I see her doing these things, it makes me wonder, like I did in the beginning, if she really wanted rid of KC and maybe even Caylee.

You're right, Turbo. And may I also add that under normal circumstances, the deposing attorney would decimate someone who dared to act like Cindy.

That was all made up and she is trying to cover up WHO was really talking to him. I believed it was Baez, but from this lie, I am now wondering if it was her or Lee. We have never seen HER phone records.

Surely to God by this point, either DC or LA or even CA would have been clever enough to purchase a few prepaid, disposable cell phone?

I have noticed Cindy's slow blinking for a long time.

There was one video where she was in the kitchen with George being interviewed, and she didn't blink at all. I think it was the one with Greta last summer.

I am very new to this case. I have not seen many of CA's previous interviews. I noticed during the deposition that CA's rate of eye-blinking is much slower than what I would think was usual. It made me think that she had taken a relaxant or she was very tired. She seemed to understand all the questions clearly, but her facial reactions even sometimes seems intoxicated to me. Understand, I am not saying she was intoxicated...just trying to ask for opinions about whether she seemed different to you.
Is she always like that...or is this is different demeanor?...Did you see what I am talking about and if so..what do you make of it?

...I thought I would ask you in a new thread but if this should be moved to the deposition thread, please do. :)
we'll compromise :). I'll make this the opening post for thread #2.

I was startled by this, too. Anyone here know if these cell phone records did confirm that DC was on the phone with the psychic?

I do not have three way calling. I wonder how that would work. How it would show up.

It took me most of the day to watch both GA and CA's depos. I must say WOW. (I know that's already been said, but it bares repeating. WOW)

Such arrogance and hostility. That can't be good for the trial.

At the very end of Cindy's depo she acted very proud of herself (like she had gotten one over on Morgan), but Morgan fired right back at her. I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan files defamation charges against Cindy on behalf of Zenaida. He hammered on the fact that Cindy did not clear Zenaida in the press when she clearly had a chance.

It took me most of the day to watch both GA and CA's depos. I must say WOW. (I know that's already been said, but it bares repeating. WOW)

Such arrogance and hostility. That can't be good for the trial.

At the very end of Cindy's depo she acted very proud of herself (like she had gotten one over on Morgan), but Morgan fired right back at her. I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan files defamation charges against Cindy on behalf of Zenaida. He hammered on the fact that Cindy did not clear Zenaida in the press when she clearly had a chance.

Cindy actually winked at BC at one point after she yelled at JM. She seemed very proud of herself at that time too, almost like it's a game and she thinks she won.

You are quite welcome! Do you really think BC did not prepare the A's for the deposition? Or was it a matter of G and C having their own agenda regardless of what BC explained to them? I'm still unsure of the answer. I would love to hear your angle on it.

JMO - He may have tried to instruct them on how the depo was going to work, but they acted to me like they did not know they had to answer questions before they got to the part, she is not the one. GA and CA both kept looking at BC for direction and got none, IMO. I think he should have told them again, if he had said it before them ariving. To me they looked confused, did not know why they had to answer questions. But with CA and GA, who really knows what they had decided to do. - JMO

I've just finished reading Cindi's testimony and all I can say is "What a train wreck." I don't quite understand why he was even allowed to ask her the majority of the questions that he asked her. This whole defamation suit, I get it, I do, but most of his questions really had nothing to do with clearing this woman's name. I am not sticking up for Cindi, I think that she knows way more than she claims, but then I also think that she probably can't believe what she knows because it's too painful. The entire thing makes my head hurt.

Another thing that nags me is some of the stuff that she has not lied about. For example, how hard would it be for her to say that she met Zanieda one time at some random place, just to make it seem that Zaneida exists. If she were really lying for Casey, this would be an easy lie. I just don't get the whole thing. This family is really messed up.

You're right, Turbo. And may I also add that under normal circumstances, the deposing attorney would decimate someone who dared to act like Cindy.

There would have been a "call" to the judge and she would have been told to answer the questions or be cited for contempt. There would have been NO tolerance for that type of behavior in any deposition I have ever seen. They keep saying that no one is sympathetic with them, I saw more tolerance for them than anything I have ever experienced.

I have even seen people charged with contempt of court and taken away by law enforcement from a deposition for a lot less hostility than either of them exhibited in that deposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member