2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just been able to watch all of GA's depo video after watching snippets on HLN including the Nancy Grace show where the various attorneys for Morgan and Morgan give their spin on what GA and CA said. I'm glad that I could watch the whole video of GA without all the tv spin doctoring by all the talking heads.

GA certainly loses his temper easily, it looks like BC didn't prepare him. And JM certainly pushes GA's buttons.

I didn't realize at first that the forthepeople.com website that is shown across the top of GA and CA's civil depos was really the Morgan & Morgan website. The pluses of that website: I can download to real player all the video depos and all the transcript PDF files. They of course do cost money for the law firm to produce so I understand that the tradeoff is looking at the website like it's an ad.

I do get the feeling after looking at all of their other million dollar verdicts and settlements blurbs on that website that Morgan and Morgan have found a way to get their name in the national public for what is essentially a very inexpensive outlay of money, ie the civil lawsuit filed on behalf of their client ZG since they are only asking for $15,000 dollars from Casey. Their website logo runs on all the Anthony civil depos which then air on national media like HLN. Very slick indeed! I'll bet one ad on HLN would run more than $15,000 dollars. And the website even has a link if the public wants to donate to the ZG fund. I wonder how many people have donated? And how much has Morgan and Morgan had to shell out so far to support ZG's lawsuit?

They had to make a huge point and they had to verify each others statements because those two occurrences were vitally important.

IMO June 15th the date that the fight occurred goes to motive - KC took Caylee from the house after a huge fight with Cindy and she was murdered shortly thereafter, while KC was still in a rage and to spite Cindy.

IMO the date of the car chase. Initially in the LE interview, GA said he did not know the exact date, but he mentioned around the last week of June. CA said she had no knowledge of a car chase. Both now say the car chase happened in April or May. I believe that when GA brought up this car chase with LE it was a slip, he then tried to correct himself and said KC was in Cindy's car. IMO there was a car chase and GA chased KC the day of the gas can incident (June 24th), after he saw or smelled something in the trunk of the car. KC then panicked and dumped Caylee shortly thereafter.
There was a lot of discussion about the car chase. I seem to recall it was thought to be on 29th. Ez pass showed GA in high speed trip, so seems to confirm him but not CA's car. The theory was that GA was chasing KC, but KC was in AL jeep. Thought she came to steal gas AGAIN because by then her car was at Amscot out of gas.

The issue was thoroughly discussed but I can't remember it being regarded as particularly important to the case?

I think C & G think it important enough to now deny it happened, when in fact it did.

Thanks you brought all that together well.

A specific question that occurs to me is why they obviously got together to synchronise the denial of the car chase. Why?
There was no doubt in previous testimony about when that was. It was linked to the frustration of Caylee missing so it was not at some silly vague time. Have C &G (&KC) seen some damning significance to that incident that we have so far missed?

Exactly, Hercule. The harder they deny that it makes me think there was definitely something further to investigate there. Kind of like the gas cans incident, right? :)

I've only just been able to watch all of GA's depo video after watching snippets on HLN including the Nancy Grace show where the various attorneys for Morgan and Morgan give their spin on what GA and CA said. I'm glad that I could watch the whole video of GA without all the tv spin doctoring by all the talking heads.

GA certainly loses his temper easily, it looks like BC didn't prepare him. And JM certainly pushes GA's buttons.

I didn't realize at first that the forthepeople.com website that is shown across the top of GA and CA's civil depos was really the Morgan & Morgan website. The pluses of that website: I can download to real player all the video depos and all the transcript PDF files. They of course do cost money for the law firm to produce so I understand that the tradeoff is looking at the website like it's an ad.

I do get the feeling after looking at all of their other million dollar verdicts and settlements blurbs on that website that Morgan and Morgan have found a way to get their name in the national public for what is essentially a very inexpensive outlay of money, ie the civil lawsuit filed on behalf of their client ZG since they are only asking for $15,000 dollars from Casey. Their website logo runs on all the Anthony civil depos which then air on national media like HLN. Very slick indeed! I'll bet one ad on HLN would run more than $15,000 dollars. And the website even has a link if the public wants to donate to the ZG fund. I wonder how many people have donated? And how much has Morgan and Morgan had to shell out so far to support ZG's lawsuit?

Morgan and Morgan is one of the biggest firms in Orlando. They've always had a slick website. John Morgan is also one of the most recognized attorneys for personal injury. Trust me when I say (as an Orlando native) that they or he did not need this lawsuit for personal name recognition. :)

I don't have any problem with this lawyer's offering to help. Casey threw this woman under the bus early on. We know it was this woman because she is the only named ZG that was at Sawgrass where Casey could have conveniently gotten her name and added to it once she knew she was going to be questioned about a real person. Up until that time everyone seemed happy with first names and Casey had to come up with more than a first name and used the woman's name that she had seen at Sawgrass.

Casey has had some high-powered, high profile, and high-dollar lawyers come out of the woodwork to defend her for killer her two year old daughter. They are the lawyers that should be ashamed. The lawyers for ZG are showing this family for what it truly is and I would commend them to choosing the morally right side to support. I don't care if they make money in the future based on the exposure of this case if they win. If the defense lawyers for KC win, they will get more business and I don't want that to happen. Morgan and Morgan are wanting the side of good to win and in my opinion that is on the side of Caylee in this case and that makes me happy. :) Biden, Baez and Lee are trying to help KC win, and in my opinion, than means Caylee loses. :(

This deposition is about ZFG, not Caylee.
And beyond that, GA, CA, and LA are family victims.
This deposition should be a crime, and they shouldn't have had to answer questions about an open criminal investigation. This isn't justice for Caylee. This is harassing, and victimizing Caylee's family. imo

And to be honest I find it very unsettling that I feel alone in this opinion.
Can anyone imagine being in their shoes for even a minute, and how you would act and react to the questions given, and the threats of contempt charges if they don't answer them?

What did these people do to deserve such harsh criticism? They love their daughter, they love their granddaughter. They believed or wanted to believe Caylee was alive, and they believe or want to believe that their daughter couldn't have murdered their own precious granddaughter.
I would do the same. I guess that makes me as bad as them. I'm ok with that quite frankly.
moo

I understand your perspective, and in other circumstances, would agree with you. But this is not a frivolous lawsuit. Casey Anthony provided LE with their client's name and identifying features (description of car, New York license plates, Sawgrass Apartments). She said that the plaintiff ABDUCTED HER CHILD, and---because we all know what happened to Caylee--by implication, murdered her and disposed of her body like garbage.

It's OUTRAGEOUS. And their conduct in the deposition was outrageous as well.

The Anthonys' testimony is necessary to make clear that the plaintiff is NOT the woman who absconded with Caylee. It's not enough for them to simply say, "Nope, not her." They need to establish that it CAN'T be her. Why? Because the Anthonys never, in the alleged four years of babysitting, spoke to saw, or met the Invisinanny.

They can't just say, "Nope, not her" because they have no concrete way of knowing. Sure, their lying murderer of a daughter told them---but what's her word worth? She's the one who concocted the whole fiction! The attorneys had to lay a foundation that proved it was not her.

The entire case is outrageous--but it was instigated by Casey Anthony. And it has been glibly perpetuated by her parents, who have been more than happy to mention her, by name, in the media--as the abductor and murderer of their beloved granddaughter.

The deposition would have had an entirely different tenor if the Anthonys had answered the questions posed without rude interruption, insult, refusal, and tantrum. It would have been quick, easy, and painless for all. "Yes," "No," "I don't know," "I don't remember." Quick, easy---over and done with.

THEY chose their behavior. Morgan and Mitnick were unbelievably gentlemanly in the face of their behavior, but were required to push more than they would have if they'd had cooperative witnesses.

Now? The Anthonys will be treated to a repeat performance.

They have no one to blame but themselves. Oh---and their murderess daughter.

I agree that the Anthonys have been through the wringer. I understand how they might need to lash out. They chose the wrong target, and they did it in a sick, maladjusted way. They helped no one except their daughter's prosecutors. "Yes," "No," "I don't remember," "I don't know." That's all it takes.

It's NOT like Morgan and Mitnick created their horrendous memories. It's not like those feelings of loss are ever far from the surface. It's a shame they had to be stirred---but that's what happens when you defend your murdering offspring and toss your grandbaby and her imaginary nanny under the bus.

My mind can't wrap around the fact that they don't seem to see that there is testimony ON VIDEOTAPE of them UNDER OATH saying many statements exactly contradicting what they said at the depo here. They are not doing themselves any favors at all and I don't know why BC allowed it to go down like that or if he simply could not control them.

snipped

IMO they're aware of what they already told LE, but they're so pizzed that they had to be deposed in this civil suit that they didn't care. They had no control, so they were going to exert control the only way they could... to lie under oath and to stonewall Morgan & Co.

This deposition should be a crime, and they shouldn't have had to answer questions about an open criminal investigation. This isn't justice for Caylee. This is harassing, and victimizing Caylee's family. imo

Can anyone imagine being in their shoes for even a minute, and how you would act and react to the questions given, and the threats of contempt charges if they don't answer them?

What did these people do to deserve such harsh criticism? They love their daughter, they love their granddaughter. They believed or wanted to believe Caylee was alive, and they believe or want to believe that their daughter couldn't have murdered their own precious granddaughter.
I would do the same. I guess that makes me as bad as them. I'm ok with that quite frankly.
moo

No, you are not alone. I am appalled by the legalised harassment that appears to be happening here. It seems that not only do the rules on deposition taking in civil cases permit questions of any nature, whether actually relevant to the civil case or not, but they also require that the deponent MUST answer them, or else be held in contempt!

I am just not getting how KC is supposed to have defamed this particular ZG in the first place. She named a ZFG, not a ZG, she gave a physical description that does not match this ZG's appearance, she stated that ZFG lived at Sawgrass (i.e. already had an apartment there), not that she was applying for one. She also gave other details about ZFG that do not match this ZG, including what children she had, what her parents were called and where she had lived previously etc. Even though KC's ZFG was a figment of her imagination, it was not in any way suggested by her that this ZG was that person.

Whether or not KC actually was shown this ZG on LE's 'David' system, it has never been suggested by LE or anyone else that she indicated in any way that this WAS her ZFG. It was LE that chose to seek out and interview this particular ZG because she happened to apply for an apartment at Sawgrass the day after Caylee was last seen. KC's phone ping records do not support her being in the Sawgrass area on the 17 June and according to TL she was with him for the entire day, so where is the link, apart from ZG's brief visit to Sawgrass and a similarity between her name and the imaginary ZFG?

I an also curious about what CA said about this ZG signing her name on the Sawgrass visitor card as 'C Zenaida Gonzales' (sp?). Does anyone recall whether a copy of this signature was released as discovery? If she's right about this, and that the lawsuit is in the name of ZFG v CA, what's going on here?

<snipping, 'cause this is the only portion I wish to respond to.> Their inhumanity is stinks like rotten meat.
moo, and I hope I don't get a time out because I'm alone in my opinion. :(

Have you ever known anyone to get a timeout for voicing a dissenting opinion? 'Cause I haven't. As long as you don't attack those who disagree with you, you're good to go.

Dissent away.

Blaise

moo

I understand that you don't want people to be mean/rude to GA/CA/LA...

and you say... put your self into the A's shoes.....

Well... there are 2 sides to this story....

Just reverse it.............

Say ZG said that KC took her child ?

Think about it...

Why is is ok for KC to say she is innocent...
and
NOT ok for ZG to say that she is innocent ?

See what I am talking about....

There are 2 sides ! ?

and each one of US could be in either set of shoes...

*** Any day... someone could point the finger at us...
say our name...
say our car....
accuse us of taking their child....

IF we did not take the child...

We would have the right to defend ourselves ALSO !

Just like KC gets to have a trial....

ZG gets to get the facts about what went on on this
SAWGRASS APTS accusation that was made for the date
of June 2008 ! ! !

Thanks for letting me state my side...

It's like the Glass that is half = Full/empty............
People see people's sides differently...
but
when it happens to YOU / or your Loved one...

You want to have the right to "SPEAK" also !

THANK GOD.... this is AMERICA.... I pray that it stays this
way so............
INNOCENT until proven Guilty
RIGHT TO SPEAK THE TRUTH ! ! !:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

GOD BLESS AMERICA ! GOD BLESS THE WORLD !

God Bless this Anthony Family !
God Bless Zenida Gonzalez

GOD BLESS YA'LL ! ! ! Everyone !!!

jjgram

I really believe that Cindy and George are planning, at this point, to testify at the criminal trial like they are testifying here in the depositions. It would be crazy to do so as their lies are so easily proven with earlier taped interviews. I guess they plan on using the "mistruth" explanation like Cindy did in her deposition. I believe they have made up their minds to say anything to get Casey off, lie or not, charges or not, that's quite a gift for someone that would throw any of them under the bus without a thought.

I really believe that Cindy and George are planning, at this point, to testify at the criminal trial like they are testifying here in the depositions. It would be crazy to do so as their lies are so easily proven with earlier taped interviews. I guess they plan on using the "mistruth" explanation like Cindy did in her deposition. I believe they have made up their minds to say anything to get Casey off, lie or not, charges or not, that's quite a gift for someone that would throw any of them under the bus without a thought.

I so agree with you. I think Cindy and George were probably tickled pink with their performances at the depositions. I picture them at home afterwards high fiving each other and saying "we sure showed them who's boss, didn't we?"

moo

Regardless of the circumstances,I can tell you without any doubt, if I had behaved like Cindy A., I would be too ashamed to stick my head out the door today.

CA could have made it a lot easier on herself, gained more sympathy and respect, if she had shown a little class by truthfully answering the questions in a dignified manner. :)

However, how can you expect one to show a little class when they obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

Sorry, I have not one morsel of respect for these people.

IMO

I'm watching the deposition with GA on youtube, and am on part 10, and finding it difficult to go on. ITA with CA, I can't stomach JM either.
IMO it is a miscarriage of justice to put this family through this, and answering these questions that have nothing to do with this ZG. Furthermore, she could have stopped it at any time and chose not to.
God have mercy on their souls for adding insult to injury on GA, CA, and LA.
They should be ashamed, and the fact that they aren't speaks volumes to me.
They make me want to throw up. Their inhumanity is stinks like rotten meat.
moo, and I hope I don't get a time out because I'm alone in my opinion. :(

Opposing opinions is what I love about WS! Now go get in line for your tar and feathering.....

I would really like to know what George did as a "cop", to include why he left the department. I can't for the life of me see, when I am watching this deposition, even a fragment of a law enforcement officer in George.

I understand that you don't want people to be mean/rude to GA/CA/LA...

and you say... put your self into the A's shoes.....

Well... there are 2 sides to this story....

Just reverse it.............

Say ZG said that KC took her child ?

Think about it...

Why is is ok for KC to say she is innocent...
and
NOT ok for ZG to say that she is innocent ?

See what I am talking about....

There are 2 sides ! ?

and each one of US could be in either set of shoes...

*** Any day... someone could point the finger at us...
say our name...
say our car....
accuse us of taking their child....

IF we did not take the child...

We would have the right to defend ourselves ALSO !

Just like KC gets to have a trial....

ZG gets to get the facts about what went on on this
SAWGRASS APTS accusation that was made for the date
of June 2008 ! ! !

Thanks for letting me state my side...

It's like the Glass that is half = Full/empty............
People see people's sides differently...
but
when it happens to YOU / or your Loved one...

You want to have the right to "SPEAK" also !

THANK GOD.... this is AMERICA.... I pray that it stays this
way so............
INNOCENT until proven Guilty
RIGHT TO SPEAK THE TRUTH ! ! !:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

GOD BLESS AMERICA ! GOD BLESS THE WORLD !

God Bless this Anthony Family !
God Bless Zenida Gonzalez

GOD BLESS YA'LL ! ! ! Everyone !!!

jjgram

I love the way in which you express you opinions--it is totally unique to the whole websleuths community, and I admire your forthrightness! Oh, and praise the Lord! Amen.

I posted this on the CA depo thread, it applies here obviously as well: The A's behavior indicates to me that they NEVER believed in the zanny the nanny story. They perpetuated this myth to protect KC I believe. This civil suit is approppriate because it is pretty clear that this family never pursued the nanny. Why would they claim JG and AH were the nanny (in KC code) yet fly to Cali to follow up on a Caylee sighting - yet JG and Ah were in Florida the whole time? Yet they are still investigating a person in PR who they think is ZFG? You can't believe two theories - but the A's expect us to. GA saying he never heard about the JBP abduction story makes me realize he is not the man I thought he was. To think that both A's have not poured over virtually every tidbit out on this case is absurd. They were so rehearsed, yet fundamentally inconsistent. Obstruction and perjury is in order.

I love the way in which you express you opinions--it is totally unique to the whole websleuths community, and I admire your forthrightness! Oh, and praise the Lord! Amen.

hahaha!!! You about killed me. Praise Lord!

Just happened to catch this while reading George's deposition this afternoon. My eye's landed on the bolded text...

Q I'm sorry. Was someone watching Caylee?
14 A I just answered that. Besides my wife and I,
15 one other person who was watching my granddaughter is
16 Zanny.
17 Q So the answer would be to your knowledge no
18 one --
19 A No one else besides the three of us were
20 watching my child -- watching our granddaughter.
21 Q There we go.
22 A Yes.

Hey...don't know if I'm posting in the right place. Have been here ages ago and just had the urge to get this post out -haven't reviewed all the rules again. Apologies if this has already been covered. I've had this suspicion for quite a while that George is Caylee's father. The above quote is an interesting slip of the tongue.

No, you are not alone. I am appalled by the legalised harassment that appears to be happening here. It seems that not only do the rules on deposition taking in civil cases permit questions of any nature, whether actually relevant to the civil case or not, but they also require that the deponent MUST answer them, or else be held in contempt!

I am just not getting how KC is supposed to have defamed this particular ZG in the first place. She named a ZFG, not a ZG, she gave a physical description that does not match this ZG's appearance, she stated that ZFG lived at Sawgrass (i.e. already had an apartment there), not that she was applying for one. She also gave other details about ZFG that do not match this ZG, including what children she had, what her parents were called and where she had lived previously etc. Even though KC's ZFG was a figment of her imagination, it was not in any way suggested by her that this ZG was that person.

Whether or not KC actually was shown this ZG on LE's 'David' system, it has never been suggested by LE or anyone else that she indicated in any way that this WAS her ZFG. It was LE that chose to seek out and interview this particular ZG because she happened to apply for an apartment at Sawgrass the day after Caylee was last seen. KC's phone ping records do not support her being in the Sawgrass area on the 17 June and according to TL she was with him for the entire day, so where is the link, apart from ZG's brief visit to Sawgrass and a similarity between her name and the imaginary ZFG?

I an also curious about what CA said about this ZG signing her name on the Sawgrass visitor card as 'C Zenaida Gonzales' (sp?). Does anyone recall whether a copy of this signature was released as discovery? If she's right about this, and that the lawsuit is in the name of ZFG v CA, what's going on here?

Hello!! Do you understand that JoseB filed suit against Zenadia?? Had he just let Morgan file his claim and he LET IT GO at that- Morgan wouldn't be able to question Casey, George, Cindy OR Lee. CASEY did this- SHE filed suit against Zanni after Zanni filed against her. They wouldn't have the right to question these people if it was only their suit.

They have the right, to ask ANYTHING because CASEY is suing Zanni. again, who's really to blame here? Casey, like her mom has to ONE UP everyone.. "screw her, she gonna sue me, I'll sue her back". But, again, like her mother, she is too STUPID to realize that by doing that she opened up an eniterly new container of worms that's gonna have them all sharing the same bath (read: HOT) water.

Casey made the videos we are discussing possible because she thinks she's smarter than everyone else. Cindy, dear, loving, selfless, mother Cindy will make Casey's stay in prison a looong one (The county will be moving her a$$ in next door to her daughter) because SHE thinks SHE is smarter than everyone else. And really, their stupidity speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda