2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*resp snipped.
i got the impression from the deposition that while ZFG had never been identified, casey had also refused to disqualify her. it's the first i've heard of this and it was a jumpy recording so i can't be sure but if anyone could let me know, i'd appreciate that.

***I am not a lawyer - this is my laypersons interpretation of this aspect of the case***
I believe that in order to show that she was maliciously defamed, ZG (through her lawyers) has to show that she would not have been questioned by LE, and all subsequent stuff if KC had not invented a nanny.
The parents perpetuated this myth (of a nanny) on national TV, and in Cindys case, when KC (lying at the time) told her she hadn't been shown a pic of ZG in order to rule her out - she repeated that on GVS as a fact.
*despite having already been told by LE that KC had seen a photo and had cleared ZG*.

So CA actually continued and escalated the imaginary nanny, thereby causing further distress to ZG.

The lawyers tried to show that CA and GA did not believe there was a nanny at the time, using the did you look, did you call, did you visit etc to show they are continuing to verbally insist on a nanny, but their actions prove otherwise.

The gas can, decomposition, DC search, line of questions show that the A's were aware that they child was dead and so not with an imaginanny. This shows they are repeating something (the nanny) that they KNOW not to be true.

They don't have to show they were talking about this ZFG, they just have to show that this ZFG was affected by their wanton lies.

Yes, KC did counterclaim against this ZG, but what does anything her parents might think, feel, believe or say have to do with this civil suit in which this ZG is claiming that KC has defamed her? Before July 15 2008, when KC for the first time claimed that a woman called ZFG had kidnapped her daughter, her parents and brother were as much in the dark as to the actual events of June 16 - July 15 as anyone else. Their only reality in that period was what KC was telling them. Since that time, a lot of the truth has come to light, some of which the family seems to accept and some of which they don't, but how does grilling them about their beliefs on matters they only have the benefit of hindsight about help to prove the claim of a woman who has never been identified by KC or any of the family as the actual ZFG who 'kidnapped' Caylee?
From what I understand all of the A family has said that this Zenaida is not the "one", all but Casey, she has refused to issue that simple statement. Obviously she is keeping her options open for the trial, she might just need to use "this" Zenaida as a scaepgoat. George, Cindy and Lee have information about what lead up to the disappearance and murder of Caylee. If JM can prove who killed Caylee then that clears his client, ZG. Considering the fact that Casey will NOT say this Zenaida was not the one who took Caylee, I think all of the questions were appropriate, Casey won't clear her, so Zenaida's attorney's will.

Yes-too dramatic not to be drug related IMO.
He was due to appear after CA and I believe his meds were timed accordingly.
The time switch messed that up.
Wow, I never even thought of that, meds being the calming factor.

with due respect, the poster you quoted said "national public" (ie recognition)..they might be fabulously famous in Orlando but now they are nationally known, like other lawyers in other high profile cases.

Fair enough.

But Florida attorneys can only practice in Florida unless they pass the Bar in each and every one of the other states they'd like to practice. Unless they are accepted pro hac vice for a case in another jurisdiction (like LKB), I really don't see how national attention (other than famewhoring) would matter.

Respectfully. :)

Hello!! Do you understand that JoseB filed suit against Zenadia?? Had he just let Morgan file his claim and he LET IT GO at that- Morgan wouldn't be able to question Casey, George, Cindy OR Lee. CASEY did this- SHE filed suit against Zanni after Zanni filed against her. They wouldn't have the right to question these people if it was only their suit.

They have the right, to ask ANYTHING because CASEY is suing Zanni. again, who's really to blame here? Casey, like her mom has to ONE UP everyone.. "screw her, she gonna sue me, I'll sue her back". But, again, like her mother, she is too STUPID to realize that by doing that she opened up an eniterly new container of worms that's gonna have them all sharing the same bath (read: HOT) water.QUOTE]
respectfully snipped

I have been asking for clarification on this...

Everyone I have asked in my state has told me it doesn't matter who initiates a suit.. both sides have the right to depose witness'. I can't imagine how it would be different in Florida. I guess I was hoping you could clarify your post to me.. you seem really sure of it. Please explain.

I am really sorry that I ever had sympathy for GA. The way that he lied about KC taking money from her grandfather's account...I noticed the attorney's paused their questioning during that big lie. (Probably taking notes and also gathering facts for comparison). His body language really gave him away during testimony... unwillingness to make direct eye contact when answering questions, that little smug grin, answering questions with vague answers while looking away, and then slowly making brief eye contact are dead give aways of lying.

I noticed that his aggression sure calmed down just after the break which leads me to believe that his whole hostility act was just that.... an act. Now that I know he's a liar, I'm thinking he's lying about his grief. God help him if he is.

Some of us know what it's like being with little ones.... (as GA spoke of during Caylee's memorial - reading children's books and watching children's videos, coloring in coloring books, playing dress up, or any other type of activity to create a loving bond in your heart with a child). I know what it's like having children of my own, and having just spent a week with my little niece whom I absolutely love as if she were my own child. We spent hours playing in makeup and with puzzles. I cannot understand GA or CA lying about Caylee's disappearance at all. That does not make sense to me. Even though KC is their daughter, it still does not make sense. Because if they had a bond with Caylee, LOVE for her should shine through, and they should still want to protect her. I am through feeling sorry for GA and CA.

What did George say in the depo about June 16th, the last time he saw Caylee ? I thought someone said that he did not say, in the depo, that the 16th was the last day he saw Caylee, as he has said before in all of the interviews. Just wondering.

respectfully snipped

I have been asking for clarification on this...

Everyone I have asked in my state has told me it doesn't matter who initiates a suit.. both sides have the right to depose witness'. I can't imagine how it would be different in Florida. I guess I was hoping you could clarify your post to me.. you seem really sure of it. Please explain.

Ya know, I have no idea where to begin searching for that stuff- Maybe the first "Zannie gets a lawyer" thread.. it has been so long ago now since all of this stuff came up. Morgan probably has info on his site.. I dunno.. there are tons of threads here I'd have to search but I remember how funny he thought the whole thing was, JoseB filing suit against them and what that meant.. and JoseB was clueless about it.

Maybe one of our lawyers could help with info, because i can't search this entire place! LOL

I am really sorry that I ever had sympathy for GA. The way that he lied about KC taking money from her grandfather's account...I noticed the attorney's paused their questioning during that big lie. (Probably taking notes and also gathering facts for comparison). His body language really gave him away during testimony... unwillingness to make direct eye contact when answering questions, that little smug grin, answering questions with vague answers while looking away, and then slowly making brief eye contact are dead give aways of lying.

I noticed that his aggression sure calmed down just after the break which leads me to believe that his whole hostility act was just that.... an act. Now that I know he's a liar, I'm thinking he's lying about his grief. God help him if he is.

Some of us know what it's like being with little ones.... (as GA spoke of during Caylee's memorial - reading children's books and watching children's videos, coloring in coloring books, playing dress up, or any other type of activity to create a loving bond in your heart with a child). I know what it's like having children of my own, and having just spent a week with my little niece whom I absolutely love as if she were my own child. We spent hours playing in makeup and with puzzles. I cannot understand GA or CA lying about Caylee's disappearance at all. That does not make sense to me. Even though KC is their daughter, it still does not make sense. Because if they had a bond with Caylee, LOVE for her should shine through, and they should still want to protect her. I am through feeling sorry for GA and CA.

:clap:
Low-life's, the whole lot of 'em!

After the atty's use George's interview statements with LE, George seems to have a different, calmer, more honest presence. The change is very obvious. Is this because they are confronting him with previous sworn statements or is it because of the talk BC had with him during that break ? The flip is pretty dramatic.

I think after he realized BC could not use the relevance objection to keep him from answering, that BC could not answer for him, that BC could not save him once Mitnik mentioned going before the judge for certification, he saw the fastest way out of there was straight through it. His plan did not work, basically and he needed a new strategy. To me, his demeanor change just shows what a really, really bad actor he is.
He began with dismissing Mitnik, repeatedly and purposefully refusing to acknowledge him. He insulted the man every chance he got.
I don't think BC set him straight during the break, I think he begged George not to make him go before any judges over this.

I used to like George, and I felt so sorry for him. He really annoyed me today, I thought he was incredibly rude to Zenaida's lawyer. Especially when he was ridiculing the lawyer for not "pronunciating" the nanny's name correctly. How embarrassing for him.

George made a real azz out of himself during that depo. What an idiotic thing to say about the attorney giving him the finger. Then to nit-pick about the pronunciation of Zanny. How ridiculous.

I think George and Cindy must have been fighting the night before the depo (or the morning of) and pissed at each other on the way there. Notice Cindy walking way behind. Then at the end of the depo she tells him he has no faith and he tells her to shut up. Yep - they were ready for a fight that day.

Oh yeah, prolly doesn't help that George hasn't gotten 'any' lately. My husband calls it "testosterone poisioning". :crazy: :D

George made a real azz out of himself during that depo. What an idiotic thing to say about the attorney giving him the finger. Then to nit-pick about the pronunciation of Zanny. How ridiculous.

I think George and Cindy must have been fighting the night before the depo (or the morning of) and pissed at each other on the way there. Notice Cindy walking way behind. Then at the end of the depo she tells him he has no faith and he tells her to shut up. Yep - they were ready for a fight that day.

Oh yeah, prolly doesn't help that George hasn't gotten 'any' lately. My husband calls it "testosterone poisioning". :crazy: :D
Funny thing is:
George looked agro from "not getting any" as you say,
Yet Spindy looked agro because she had just given in?

Either way, the romantic lie in, and continental breakfast could not have gone to plan?

*resp snipped.
i got the impression from the deposition that while ZFG had never been identified, casey had also refused to disqualify her. it's the first i've heard of this and it was a jumpy recording so i can't be sure but if anyone could let me know, i'd appreciate that.

Another poster stated Casey took the 5th on certain questions Morgan sent to her before the depositions. One of the questions she took the 5th on was referring to this ZG not being the kidnapper. Someone else may be able to point you to the document but it was my understanding as well that she wouldn't put it in writing that this ZG was not the kidnapper.

Another poster stated Casey took the 5th on certain questions Morgan sent to her before the depositions. One of the questions she took the 5th on was referring to this ZG not being the kidnapper. Someone else may be able to point you to the document but it was my understanding as well that she wouldn't put it in writing that this ZG was not the kidnapper.
I think that if KC answers the question it's a bit like that old joke question:

"Have you stopped beating your wife yet"

If KC states that this ZG is not the "Zanny" and all that involves, then she is confirming that there was such a person. As things stand who knows if KC will stick with the Nanny story, or a different Nanny story, or no Nanny at all - she was just making that story up to protect people etc blah blah.

with due respect, the poster you quoted said "national public" (ie recognition)..they might be fabulously famous in Orlando but now they are nationally known, like other lawyers in other high profile cases.

I wish that John Morgan had done all of the questioning. He was much clearer when he did ask them and he really has a soothing voice. Didn't he work for George and Cindy as a spokesperson and then quit? If so, you know that he is on Cindy's poop list big time.

I got the Part 2 video working again.

Mitnick is saying he's ending the deposition and going to the judge to get some clear parameters. George is laughing at him.

This is at Part 2, 13 minutes, 30 seconds.

George is saying he doesn't want to go before a judge, he wants to complete the deposition now.

Mitnick calling for a break to let everybody 'cool down'. George says no, he doesn't want a break, puts microphone back on.

What a hot mess.

I keep having to take a break. I don't know how I'm going to listen to Cindy's deposition.

ETA: Mitnick is giving holy he!! to Conway for not preparing his client. His voice is raised. Going on and on. He's really hot.

When did it come up that Brad Conway was under investigation by the Florida Bar Association? Wonder who turned him in?

[/b]

When did it come up that Brad Conway was under investigation by the Florida Bar Association? Wonder who turned him in?

As far as I have read it hasn't yet been published who filed the complaint against BC, nor the date of the filing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77