Theories

Ravyn

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
When I started posting,I had question and needed input.Like the time of death,I got a lot of great input, I walked away understanding more,Thanks to the ones that helped.About the scream just wanted to know if it was a cover up or did the scream happen.Melody Staton says just shortly after mightnight she heard a scream,her husband Luther didn't hear the scream but he heard metal grating on concrete,Diana Brumfit south of the Ramsey's said she noticed the light off in the sunrrom,she thought ogg it was the only time she aware of it being off,Scott Gibbons north of the Ramsey's see strange lights in the house shortly after midnight.Carla Haney walking her dog in the cold at 1:00 am said the neighborhood quiet.I was trying to take it completely out of this cause this is where everyone can believe so easy of the intruder theory.So far the only point I have why didn't the dogs react to the scream.And the time of the crime photos just wanted to know the time I wondering if they was taking before JonBenet was found.Cause I went to acandyrose and looked at the evidence taken from JonBenet' room and notice that the pink shirt or nightie wasn't listed.So I for a second thought wouldn't that be something if that turned out to be the barbie nightie found with JonBenet, then say hey JR went to the basement so maybe he took her a favorite nightie. Just a crazy thought.And I always thought it funny that the intruder sketch looked more like JR than Karr.As JonBenet laid in a cold,dark basement her parents never showed no love or remorse for this tiny angel.Their minds a figuring the the next move. And till this day they never showed remorse but Patsy now is answering for her sins.

The pink Barbie nightie wasn't in JBR's room. It was found on the white blanket that was covering her body in the basement wineceller. There are a few ideas about how and why it was there. Some feel it was stuck to the blanket, which had been pulled from the basement dryer, and not noticed by whoever wrapped her. Although the wineceller had no windows, and neighbors wouldn't have seen if the lights were on in there, the rest of the basement did have windows and it really wasn't that late- people could still have been up and may have seen a light on there. I believe they used the flashlight to walk around the house and basement. A neighbor saw "strange moving lights" and that describes a person walking with a flashlight perfectly. They may not have noticed the pink nightie in the dim light. When shown that photo where the nightie is visible, JR blurts out "That wasn't supposed to be there". Well, of course not- it wasn't supposed to be anywhere except where it belonged. What as odd thing to say.
Some feel it was deliberately placed there as it was one of her favorite nighties.
Some feel she had been wearing it and was changed out of it, but this is the theory I feel has no basis. The nightie was not found to be soiled with anything incriminating. Why change her?
Actually, PR admitted pulling on her long johns when getting her ready for bed, and she eventually admitted just leaving on the white shirt she wore that day. Most mothers here have probably done the same thing when coming home late with kids- pull off their bottoms and leave them in their top for bed.

Thank you about the barbie nightie.But the neighbor said sunroom not basement,and the other said stange lights in the house.

the R's were questioned about a pair of nightvision goggles,which many feel were used in the basement to eliminate the need for turning on the lights...in which case the barbie nightgown may have stuck to the blanket,as mentioned,and not even noticed by the stager.
JR was also trying to account for his prints on a pair of binoculars in DOI,but I don't know if they were able to be used for nightvision.
Either way,it appears the staging was likely done in the dark,so both items,being light-colored,may have blended in with each other and the nightie may have been overlooked.

Melody Staton says just shortly after mightnight she heard a scream,her husband Luther didn't hear the scream but he heard metal grating on concrete

I read this link at topix, and was wondering about MS and her "negative energy" comment. What the heck?

"Stanton said the scream might have been "negative energy" from JonBenet. But a detective eliminated that from a report because Stanton insisted the scream was audible and never returned to the "negative energy" statement.

Clues in the case/Smit's key points: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_408302,00.html

"Terrifying" scream: Neighbor Melody Stanton, who lives across the street from the Ramseys, about 150 feet to the south, reported hearing "the most terrifying child's scream I have ever heard" between midnight and 2 a.m. She slept with her window partially open.
Noise path: Tests conducted by Smit indicate noise from the wine cellar is heard more easily from Stanton's bedroom than from the Ramsey's third-floor bedroom because the noise travels through a vent to the outside and across the street. The Ramsey house has no third-floor windows on the same side as the vent, and there are three carpeted, furnished floors between the basement and the third floor, which muffle or block noise from the basement.
Concrete on steel: Stanton woke her husband at the sound of the scream. He has reported hearing the sound of steel hit concrete shortly afterward. This could be the sound of the metal grate hitting the cement window well -- perhaps a sound created when an intruder fled through the basement window.
Response: Thomas said a scream is audible from the Ramsey bedroom. Stanton originally said she didn't hear anything. Later, she told police she hadn't been truthful because she didn't want to get involved. In one instance, Stanton said the scream might have been "negative energy" from JonBenet. But a detective eliminated that from a report because Stanton insisted the scream was audible and never returned to the "negative energy" statement.

The pink Barbie nightie wasn't in JBR's room. It was found on the white blanket that was covering her body in the basement wineceller. There are a few ideas about how and why it was there. Some feel it was stuck to the blanket, which had been pulled from the basement dryer, and not noticed by whoever wrapped her. Although the wineceller had no windows, and neighbors wouldn't have seen if the lights were on in there, the rest of the basement did have windows and it really wasn't that late- people could still have been up and may have seen a light on there. I believe they used the flashlight to walk around the house and basement. A neighbor saw "strange moving lights" and that describes a person walking with a flashlight perfectly. They may not have noticed the pink nightie in the dim light. When shown that photo where the nightie is visible, JR blurts out "That wasn't supposed to be there". Well, of course not- it wasn't supposed to be anywhere except where it belonged. What as odd thing to say.
Some feel it was deliberately placed there as it was one of her favorite nighties.
Some feel she had been wearing it and was changed out of it, but this is the theory I feel has no basis. The nightie was not found to be soiled with anything incriminating. Why change her?
Actually, PR admitted pulling on her long johns when getting her ready for bed, and she eventually admitted just leaving on the white shirt she wore that day. Most mothers here have probably done the same thing when coming home late with kids- pull off their bottoms and leave them in their top for bed.

Wow DeeDee249 you have such a wealth of knowledge!

I've been thinking about this though: I am not a mother but I do wonder; why would you change the bottoms but not the top? I understand that changing the top is hard to do when the child is asleep. To change pants on your daughter (velvet jeans to long johns) seems quite "labor intensive"...why bother to change the darn jeans, why not just take them off and not put on long johns (on a sleeping child which would be really difficult) or leave the pants on and let the child sleep? For some reason PR wanted us to believe that her house was that cold that she had to put long johns on JBR as she slept…sure take off the pants but to pull long johns onto a sleeping child is an unnecessary step in my mind...the long johns just really bug me in the whole scenario...

Wow DeeDee249 you have such a wealth of knowledge!

I've been thinking about this though: I am not a mother but I do wonder; why would you change the bottoms but not the top? I understand that changing the top is hard to do when the child is asleep. To change pants on your daughter (velvet jeans to long johns) seems quite "labor intensive"...why bother to change the darn jeans, why not just take them off and not put on long johns (on a sleeping child which would be really difficult) or leave the pants on and let the child sleep? For some reason PR wanted us to believe that her house was that cold that she had to put long johns on JBR as she slept…sure take off the pants but to pull long johns onto a sleeping child is an unnecessary step in my mind...the long johns just really bug me in the whole scenario...

I have to agree with you. Putting longjohns on a sleeping child, would be like trying to put them on a wet noodle. Patsy said that she had looked for a pair of pink PJ bottoms (that JB had worn earlier in the week), but couldn't find them, so she just grabbed the long johns...for some reason. I'm with you...I would have just let her continue to sleep in the pants that she had been wearing. Patsy intially said...that she put JB to bed wearing a red turtleneck...the one that was found balled up on the bathroom counter...and then she changed her story to that she just left the White Gap shirt on her, the one that she had worn to the whites. Looks like she would have remembered what she put her child to bed wearing....since it WAS the last time that she supposedly saw her alive.

Yes I too have to agree,I have kids and I have let them sleep in the same clothes if they was as tired as they said JonBenet was.

Yes I too have to agree,I have kids and I have let them sleep in the same clothes if they was as tired as they said JonBenet was.

And I have not let my children sleep in their clothes as they were usually sweaty when they fall asleep in the car. If we are at home they get a bath before falling asleep. At JBR age we did not have oour children out late or up late at our home. We stayed home alot til they were 13 or so.

I guess it's a personal matter for each mom. I have done just as PR said she did when my daughter was a child. The tops kids wear are mostly soft cotton- the Gap white shirt was cotton. Not much different from pajama tops, actually. But the bottoms do vary. I'd let a kid sleep in tights or leggings, but not jeans or pants. They are too constricting, IMO. And JBR always wet or soiled her bed, so that's another reason too change her out of her pants. It is easier, to me, to pull off pants and pull on pajama bottoms (or long johns, in this case) than it is to manipulate a tired or sleeping child's arms in and out of a shirt. Pants can be changed on a sleeping child or a child simply standing up. But the shirt requires more manipulation.
One thing about the Rs here. They lied about many things. But some things they said may actually have been the way they said they were- like this. They lied about the death and cover-up of the death and the circumstances surrounding the events of the night. But like all liars when weaving that web of lies- it is interwoven with some truths and half-truths.
JBR very likely WAS changed out of just her pants and left in her Gap top for bed when they got home. As to whether she was awake or asleep, this is where the lies enter into it.

And I have not let my children sleep in their clothes as they were usually sweaty when they fall asleep in the car. If we are at home they get a bath before falling asleep. At JBR age we did not have oour children out late or up late at our home. We stayed home alot til they were 13 or so.
Don't say anything about me as a mother.You don't know me.My kids are 24,21,13,11.I took my kids out alot when they was young,I wanted them to have fun as they was kids.

now I been wondering also about JonBenet being awake.Sometimes I wonder if she ever made it to a bed cause if a child wet the bed and the sheets was not changed could at the time police check could still be wet alittle.

it was quite a while before anything was taken into evidence,so the sheets would have been dry by then,but..they were checked,and they did find creatinine on them,which is a component of urine and is evidence of bedwetting.

Thank you, being completely dry then they be sure if the stain came from the previous day like Christmas morning.

I guess it's a personal matter for each mom. I have done just as PR said she did when my daughter was a child. The tops kids wear are mostly soft cotton- the Gap white shirt was cotton. Not much different from pajama tops, actually. But the bottoms do vary. I'd let a kid sleep in tights or leggings, but not jeans or pants. They are too constricting, IMO. And JBR always wet or soiled her bed, so that's another reason too change her out of her pants. It is easier, to me, to pull off pants and pull on pajama bottoms (or long johns, in this case) than it is to manipulate a tired or sleeping child's arms in and out of a shirt. Pants can be changed on a sleeping child or a child simply standing up. But the shirt requires more manipulation.
One thing about the Rs here. They lied about many things. But some things they said may actually have been the way they said they were- like this. They lied about the death and cover-up of the death and the circumstances surrounding the events of the night. But like all liars when weaving that web of lies- it is interwoven with some truths and half-truths.
JBR very likely WAS changed out of just her pants and left in her Gap top for bed when they got home. As to whether she was awake or asleep, this is where the lies enter into it.

Hi DeeDee.

"And JBR always wet or soiled her bed, so that's another reason too change her out of her pants." - DD

Ya, that's a more than reasonable assumption, that you wouldn't want your child wetting dress pants.

Pants are easy to pull off. Every Mom, Dads as well, parent has that knack of undressing a sleeping or sick child. Cuffing up wee socks or rolling them on little feet, etc.

longjohn pants or longjohn type pjs can be tricky, feet and toes curve back sometimes and get caught in the small cuff .... have to manoeuvre little feet through the cuffs ....

Moms redress their children so often ... they could do it in the dark.

Thank you, being completely dry then they be sure if the stain came from the previous day like Christmas morning.

Hi Ravyn.

That's a good question .... there would be a visible difference if it was an unwashed stain ...

Is this a forum about JonBenet or who is the better parent,for I know how to take care of my children,I had one that was sickly most of his toddler years and now he is eleven.

The reason I'm asking the question is JR said in his police interview that PR turned gown the covers well I would remove everything off the bed, and to me, I wonder how the bed look in the picture if she ever made it there,cause Burke said to a police officer that JonBenet was awake when she enter the house.

that's up for topic on both counts,on the first count,by that I mean,did she ever even make it to bed? to me,it looks like she did not.so that would mean a struggle sometime,possibly as she was getting undressed for bed.

on the second issue,that again is up for topic;did the urine come from that night or the previous one? the housekeeper said Patsy always had the sheets in the wash by the time she got there every morning, ...so....

it was quite a while before anything was taken into evidence,so the sheets would have been dry by then,but..they were checked,and they did find creatinine on them,which is a component of urine and is evidence of bedwetting.

They found very little creatinine on them.........JBR hadn't wet the bed that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back