George and Cindy's Contempt

By showing such contempt are George and Cindy hurting their daughter's case?

• Yes, but they are blinded by family loyality

Votes: 112 27.0%
  • Yes, but they are not getting good legal advice as to how to behave

Votes: 41 9.9%
  • Yes, but they act this way because they subconsiously know she did it

Votes: 253 61.0%
  • No, they are displaying normal grieving emotions

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattymarie

Reaction score
I am thinking Cindy and George are hurting their daughter's case by antagonizing the very people they need to help save her from death (LE, public opinion/potential jurors, prosecutors, etc)

Is this because they are...
a. blinded
b. not getting very good legal advice
c. subconsciously doing it on purpose (cuz they know the truth but can't openly admit it)
d. they are normal grieving parents/grandparents and who can possibly understand their emotions

ITA! I have wondered the same thing; could they be subconsciously sabotaging her case due to rage they have never even acknowledged? Because it's one thing to support and believe your daughter innocent at the beginning; I'm sure that I would too, at first. But all this evidence is so overwhelming. And LE knows far more than we do, so there's still more unrevealed. How can they not be angry at KC? Or maybe they are and don't even realize it, but their behavior keeps showing glimpses of it as they damn her to hell with their depositions from hell.

I don't believe they are subconsciously doing anything to hurt Casey. I will use the pronoun, "they" but it applies mainly to Cindy who directs the show. They are aggressive and combative and behave as "bullies"..have been doing this for a long time.

They could have the best legal defense available....they don't listen. They feel equal in knowledge and importance. They believe they know what is best. They have attorneys around for protection, to feel important.They consider an attorney another friend for their cause and someone to bounce their ideas around with...certainly not someone who is smarter than they. They are consumed with their own righteousness and themselves. In fact, Casey is second when it comes to that. She is their vehicle for attention and empowerment.

I can throw George and Lee into this because they have no backbone and go along with what CA says and tells them to do, thus, they are guilty of the same behavior.

I am thinking Cindy and George are hurting their daughter's case by antagonizing the very people they need to help save her from death (LE, public opinion/potential jurors, prosecutors, etc)

a. blinded
c. subconsciously doing it on purpose (cuz they know the truth but can't openly admit it)
d. they are normal grieving parents/grandparents and who can possibly understand their emotions

I used to think that the contempt they are showing was because of their grief and the horrific situation they are in, but after the depos I am convinced that their contempt is just a demonstration of what kind of people they are. I find them to be untruthful, combative, control freaks, and I will guess anti social. From what we have seen they have no social circle, no family and or friends speaking to demonstrate they are anything other than they have portrayed themselves to be....hostile, agressive, disingenuous people.

Yes their behavior is hurting the defense, but I don't know how to vote why here.

I couldn't find a vote option, although I do think they are severely hurting her case. I think it's a combination of their deceipt because they consciously know she is guilty, and their abusiveness to virtually everybody. I think people in turn associate this with KC and further believe she is guilty.

Can we do this thread without calling names? That would be so great. thanks in advance:)
State your opinion and why. let's discuss not just insult and name call. thank you thank you

I think they sure are hurting their case and it's because they are arrogant AND ignorant.

I think they are so caught up in themselves that its pathetic.

I voted that they are blinded by family loyality. There is, of course a lot more to it than that, but it was the closest I could come, given the choices. As JustJax pointed out, they are "untruthful, combative, control freaks, and I will guess anti social. From what we have seen they have no social circle, no family and or friends speaking to demonstrate they are anything other than they have portrayed themselves to be....hostile, agressive, disingenuous people."

I remember early on, when they were holding vigils in their driveway, it was mentioned that the only people permitted to attend were those that believed Casey had done nothing wrong and that Caylee was alive. They are the type of people who believe that if you are not 100% in their camp, you are "against" them. This attitude is why they have ended up estranged from family, have few friends, and are isolated to a large degree.

IMO, their grief over the loss of Caylee has not made them change any of their ways. Indeed, they have lost a priceless member of their family and don't want to lose another.

So... they don't listen to sound legal advice. If they had, they would have never continued the media-thon. Mr. NeJame was intelligent enough to leave them when he could not deal with them. Mr. Conway should think long and hard at what type of legal work he has ahead of him.

They have harmed Casey's situation beyond belief. They have lied to LE and the media. Those lies will haunt them on the witness stand when they are revealed. Anything they have said in the media and in the depositions WILL be used against them and Casey in a court of law if necessary.

The best way they could have helped their daughter would have been to keep their mouths shut.

I think they sure are hurting their case and it's because they are arrogant AND ignorant.

Yes...but why? Is it just because they are inherently arrogant and ignorant? Is that all?

I voted family loyalty only because I believe they consciously know she did it. As for grieving...they haven't, that we've seen anyway. I think they have excellent legal advice from BC, Cindy just fails to heed his advice to keep her mouth shut. Last observation regarding this survey...using the word "normal" in any context when referring to the Anthony family is a true oxymoron.

None of the above. I think they are full of hostility ,anger and guilt because they are sure that Casey did it and they are now trying to backtrack and make excuses for telling the truth about how they felt right after day 31 and how they feel now because now they are trying to save their daughter from a prison sentence or the death penalty. Compare GA's words during the grand jury and CA's words to Casey at the jail. It is easy to see through them when you sit back and make the comparison. I think they are damaging Caseys chances furthur.

God bless little Caylee and may she rest in peace , at least we want justice for her .

a. blinded

I like this poll. I voted b., but I really don't think they haven't been given good legal advice---perhaps they were, but didn't take it seriously. BC seems like a good attorney, but, like MN, unable to control his clients. They aren't helping Casey's case, and IMO, are certainly not helping their own cause with such behavior.

i think they consciously know she did it.

None of the above. I think they are full of hostility ,anger and guilt because they are sure that Casey did it and they are now trying to backtrack and make excuses for telling the truth about how they felt right after day 31 and how they feel now because now they are trying to save their daughter from a prison sentence or the death penalty. Compare GA's words during the grand jury and CA's words to Casey at the jail. It is easy to see through them when you sit back and make the comparison. I think they are damaging Caseys chances furthur.

God bless little Caylee and may she rest in peace , at least we want justice for her .

I agree. The A's have spun around 360 degrees from the first few days as the reality and horror became clear. The more they try to stonewall or spin everything from what was originally said to try to defend KC and her actions -- the more they are going to make her look guilty.

It is so easy to replay clips of original statements or review transcripts so they cannot re-invent this -- the genie is out of the bottle.

The A's need to leave this to the Defense team to deal with and stop interfering, they cannot save KC -- either the Defense will on a technicality or attack on LE but, the A's are NOT helping at all.

They shoud have limited themselves to supporting and remembering Caylee and ..... let the cards fall where they may. Tough advice but, don't interfere.

This is how I would answer too. I agree with this post, but didn't want to do the name calling. I didn't vote because I did not see an option that I agreed with.

I believe whole-heartedly that they are hurting her case and I voted for 'family loyalty', although I also feel that they know, whether consciously or subconsciously, that she did it. IMO, the are reacting much as a cornered animal would, by fighting, scratching, anything they can think to do, to prevent the inevitable from happening. This whole case is just so sad!

The choice I would have picked would be:
This is their normal MO. They have always insulted,bullied, threatened and twisted words and abided by laws only when it benefits them.

They have hurt her case by teaching Casey, by example, that you need never own up( repent) to anything as long as you get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk