Huckaby tied to January missing girl report

I also had a thought, if she were giving children adult doses of medication their little bodies might not be able to handle all of that. Just wanted to throw that out there too.

Did Alleged Killer of Sandra Cantu Abduct Another Little Girl?

By Howard Breuer

Originally posted Monday April 20, 2009 06:30 PM EDT

Sandra Cantu may not have been the first young girl that accused killer Melissa Huckaby abducted at her Tracy, Calif., mobile home park.

Her hometown newspaper, the Tracy Press, reports that police there learned in January of a woman who allegedly led a 7-year-old girl from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park to a nearby park, kept her there for four hours and gave her drugs.

Drugs in Her System

The report says that the girl's family then took her to the hospital, where doctors found benzodiazepines (a class of drugs that includes Valium and Librium) in her bloodstream. The newspaper reports that the suspect in the case drove the same type of car as Huckaby – a purple Kia Sportage – and that police have now tied that incident to Huckaby.

Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman tells PEOPLE that he has heard about the report, but he cannot comment on it. He says that all police reports linked to Huckaby are now under seal.

Huckaby, a Sunday school teacher and the granddaughter of a local pastor, is due back in court April 24 to enter a plea to charges that she killed Sandra Cantu, 8, who played with Huckaby's 5-year-old daughter on March 27. Huckaby allegedly stuffed Cantu's body into a suitcase that was dumped in a nearby agricultural pond, then reported the suitcase stolen.

Exhume Remains?

Huckaby is also charged with rape with a foreign object. Sheneman tells PEOPLE that before Huckaby enters her plea, the court will rule on her lawyer's request to exhume Cantu's body for a week so defense expert Dr. Terri Haddix can examine the remains and testify on the rape allegation.

"I believe and allege such an examination is extremely crucial and material to Ms. Huckaby's defense," Huckaby’s lawyer, San Joaquin County deputy public defender Sam Behar wrote in his motion.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20273817,00.html

I can't believe Tracy PD wrote this one off. Shame on them. I mean, if my daughter fell and hurt herself and we were at home having a dinner party with wine involved, I"D have wine on my breath at the hosptial. GIVE ME A BREAK. and EVEN if the mom is a total drunk and drug addict, you ALWAYS investigate a child who's been drugged. I mean, even if they thought she got into her mom's stuff, you investigate!!! I just cannot believe this one. Can't wait to hear more. They could've potentially prevented the murder of Sandra Cantu. Shame on tracy PD>

This may have already been mentioned, so forgive me if so, but has anyone else noticed that the term "muscle relaxant" has been used specifically in most reports about the alleged earlier incident with the other child? This jumped out at me because I don't really think of benzos as muscle relaxants, rather it has been my experience that you would run across benzos more frequently in the form of xanax, valium, klonopin, etc as what the average US citizen may have a prescription for and possibly benzos that are more frequently abused/sold/traded/available. I am NOT a doctor, so I wanted to check on my unresearched opinion..........according to Wikipedia (of course its 100% correct :)) there are only 2 benzos that would have a therapeutic use of muscle relaxant - Diazepam (Valium) and Tetrazepam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

This information doesn't really have much value in the grand scheme of things, but I thought it was interesting and would place my money on Valium as the most likely drug *allegedly* used.

Yes, several members of that drug group can induce anterograde amnesia (meaning you do not remember new events that occur while you are under the influence). They can also cause death if you take too much.

Yes, think- VERSED. They give it to you before surgery so you WON"T remember the surgery!

I am hoping Sandra was drugged before the rape. Poor, poor, baby.

Tracy PD must take responsibility for not taking this seriously. I smell a lawsuit by Sandra's family

This may have already been mentioned, so forgive me if so, but has anyone else noticed that the term "muscle relaxant" has been used specifically in most reports about the alleged earlier incident with the other child? This jumped out at me because I don't really think of benzos as muscle relaxants, rather it has been my experience that you would run across benzos more frequently in the form of xanax, valium, klonopin, etc as what the average US citizen may have a prescription for and possibly benzos that are more frequently abused/sold/traded/available. I am NOT a doctor, so I wanted to check on my unresearched opinion..........according to Wikipedia (of course its 100% correct :)) there are only 2 benzos that would have a therapeutic use of muscle relaxant - Diazepam (Valium) and Tetrazepam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines

This information doesn't really have much value in the grand scheme of things, but I thought it was interesting and would place my money on Valium as the most likely drug *allegedly* used.

You are correct. It could be any number of drugs that act as muscle relaxants. When I had a horrible spasm in my neck muscle, the ER dr. gave me Valium- said it was the best "muscle relaxant". My mom just got an RX for Soma, which is also a VERY powerful muscle relaxant. She sustained whiplash in an auto accident last weekend. To take the Soma, she has to stay home, no driving, no working. It's a strong one.

I don't know about the rest, but from the church to the pond & back to the MHP could be done in 10-15 minutes obeying the speed limit. I drove it one way last week.
Thank you, for taking the time to do that for us.:blowkiss:

By the way your avatar is hilarious.

I heard an unconfirmed rumor through someone that lives in the trailer park that the little girl in question was allegedly Christian Sinclair's daughter. I heard this over spring break.

That would certainly explain why TPD towed Sinclair's vehicles and searched his home as an immediate POI!

They correctly remembered a similar case, but failed to realize that a even a woman with a driking problem might have been telling them the truth back in January.

Then again.... Will the Sinclairs and MH turn out have more involvement with one another than we know? In this case, anything is possible.

A couple of thoughts have occurred to me while reading all your excellent input and questions; let me say first I KNOW this is gossip and speculation at this point. So these are nothing more than me wondering what the heck is going on in this case.

Regarding the man, Sinclair and the child who was drugged and taken to the park, I wonder: if the child is his, did he either gave Huckaby permission to take the child or did he tell the cops he did. That would pretty much tie the cops hands as far as kidnapping charges. I can't imagine how they let the drugs found in her system go, though, NOT AT ALL.

Wait, I just remembered: rohypnol leaves the system very quickly and is very hard to trace, right? Maybe that's why the child was gone so long with Huckaby, and why the cops couldn't press charges?

If any of this turns out to be true, maybe Sinclair helped cover up for Huckaby for some sinister reason, or maybe just because he liked her and is a truly rotten father, but didn't know what she really was up to. Obviously we won't know for some time, if ever, since this involves a minor child.

What I wonder about the drugged child, like everyone else, is if she was examined by a trained nurse examiner for sexual assault cases, or by some medical personnel, a doctor, pediatric psychiatrist...? I can't imagine she wouldn't have been. Not in this day and age.

And finally, I wonder if Huckaby was doing a "dry run", so to speak, maybe without any sexual assault, to see if she could get away with it, to see how the drug affected the child, what the child remembered, etc.

Looks like it was benzos in her system.... probably Klonopin or Xanax since MH was taking psychotropic drugs, and these are the two most commonly prescribed for anxiety.

Looks like the police couldn't prove MH did it, which is why no action was taken.

Jeez.

And Gramps has lots to say? Probably excuses for his psycho, pathological liar grandaughter.

I can't believe Tracy PD wrote this one off. Shame on them. I mean, if my daughter fell and hurt herself and we were at home having a dinner party with wine involved, I"D have wine on my breath at the hosptial. GIVE ME A BREAK. and EVEN if the mom is a total drunk and drug addict, you ALWAYS investigate a child who's been drugged. I mean, even if they thought she got into her mom's stuff, you investigate!!! I just cannot believe this one. Can't wait to hear more. They could've potentially prevented the murder of Sandra Cantu. Shame on tracy PD>
Don't go after Tracy PD yet. We don't know the whole story. We only have the article stating MH's side and a "source" telling the paper that it was dismissed due to alcohol on Mom's breath,

http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstor...-Be-Link-to-Anot=1&blockID=252627&feedID=1198

A family in the Orchard Estate Mobile Home park, where Huckaby and Cantu lived, reported the 7-year old girl missing on January 17th.

Police say the girl was gone from around 1:30 p.m. to around 5 p.m. when the child's mother called police.
Tracy Police found the girl at a park with Huckaby.
Huckaby reportedly returned the girl to her mother and police left soon after without making any arrests.

A few hours later, the family took the girl to a local hospital where a blood test showed she was under the influence of the muscle relaxant Benzodiazepines.
The child's mother reported the findings to police.
But police said they were not able to prove that Huckaby gave the girl the drugs due to the time that had passed before the girl was taken to the hospital.

This article made my mouth hang open! This little girl was seven and would have known if she swallowed a pill and who gave it to her! This tells me it was slipped to her!

Also enlightening is the fact that the mother called police and POLICE went to the park and found the child with Huckbomb. If it took them several hours to take her to the hospital that tells me that the drug had been given to her shortly before le arrived... if she were fully under a benzos grips when she arrived home her mother AND POLICE would have noticed it immediately. The other possibility is, of course, that the child took one of her mother's pills if her mother had benzos in the house for any medical condition but it seems to me that medical professionals could have determined that easy enough. Looking at all of that, I am thinking she was slipped something in a drink or an icecream cup, etc.

Also, this event happened in January... and two months later she is killing a different playmate of her daughter's... This woman is just beyond any adjectives I can safely use here at websleuths!

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, been lurking for ages. =) Some issues with my email addy when trying to register.

Anyways!

I could not be more disgusted by this woman. This article was just the icing on the cake. When I first heard the whisperings of another possible victim....ugh.

I found it interesting though that in this case and Sandra's case it took the parents 4 hours to report the child missing. I know its been a bit of a debate in previous threads about letting kids wander etc. I don't want to start anything heated but IMO it seems like maybe MH is picking out the kids who are allowed to wander freely. IMO 4 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to not have contact with a kid that age, or Sandra's age. Seems a little stalkerish that she has on two occasions picked up children who were unsupervised for a length of time.

I was reading the original article posted at the beginning of this thread when I got to the comments under it. I realize that the drug found in the child was FOUND in her blood, so "no grounds for arrest" couldn't be because they didn't find any drug, as I had wondered. I'm assuming the police log report actually states the drug was found in the child at the ER and has a hospital lab report to back that up.

I'm confused. Obviously.

In the comment section, from an anoymous person, of course: A person who lives in the Orchard Estates community says that the police went door to door to find the missing child in January, and the residents were told she was found at her "friend's house". That sounds like Huckaby's child and house, of course. Did Huckaby use her little girl and parents' religious affiliations to lure children?

A couple of things about this article bother me. One, the "Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park" can therefore techincally be called A PARK. So is that the "park" in question getting mixed up with WHERE the little girl was taken? Or not?

And this really bothers me about the article: it's poorly constructed and keeps bouncing back and forth between the case of the drugged child in January and Sandra's disappearance and murder. The reporter doesn't always make it clear which case she's referring to at times, so I had to go back and reread. Again, confusing as to exactly what happened. I wonder if the police report is that boondoggled.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...report =&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

I heard an unconfirmed rumor through someone that lives in the trailer park that the little girl in question was allegedly Christian Sinclair's daughter. I heard this over spring break.

Question: Does Christian Sinclair even have a child of this age ? What a grim thought. He was described as a violent man with a drinking problem.

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, been lurking for ages. =) Some issues with my email addy when trying to register.

Anyways!

I could not be more disgusted by this woman. This article was just the icing on the cake. When I first heard the whisperings of another possible victim....ugh.

I found it interesting though that in this case and Sandra's case it took the parents 4 hours to report the child missing. I know its been a bit of a debate in previous threads about letting kids wander etc. I don't want to start anything heated but IMO it seems like maybe MH is picking out the kids who are allowed to wander freely. IMO 4 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to not have contact with a kid that age, or Sandra's age. Seems a little stalkerish that she has on two occasions picked up children who were unsupervised for a length of time.

:Welcome-12-june::bud:XTT! GREAT FIRST POST and welcome to Websleuths!

I have thought that same thing several times as well! Thank you for posting it! I too think that she preyed on the weak! It sure would fit with a predator wouldn't it?

Hi everyone!

I don't want to start anything heated but IMO it seems like maybe MH is picking out the kids who are allowed to wander freely. IMO 4 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to not have contact with a kid that age, or Sandra's age. Seems a little stalkerish that she has on two occasions picked up children who were unsupervised for a length of time.

Yes, I agree. I posted the below on another thread:

Of the 62 female serial killers in Eric Hickey's study for Serial Murderers and Their Victims, they accounted for between 400 and 600 victims. Some were nurses, some black widows, others were part of a team, and a few were predators. Three-fourths of them began their careers since the 1950s. The average age in the group was 30, and the longest period of killing without apprehension was 34 years. Some were grandmothers. In more recent years, females have turned increasingly toward strangers as victims, but they generally choose easy targets among vulnerable populations. They don't mutilate corpses, which is common to a certain type of male serial killer.

ref: http://fightforjustice.blogspot.com/...ychopaths.html

Yes, they pick the most vunerable victims. MH probably observed which kids could be "out playing" the longest, and also how trusting the parent/s were. Definitely a stalker and predator.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back