Experts Warn Internet Is Running Out of Bandwidth

capoly

Reaction score

Internet users face regular "brownouts" that will freeze their computers as capacity runs out in cyberspace, according to research to be published later this year.

Experts predict that consumer demand, already growing at 60 percent a year, will start to exceed supply as early as 2010 because of more people working online and the soaring popularity of bandwidth-hungry Web sites such as YouTube and services such as the BBC's iPlayer.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518405,00.html

Does this mean I'll have to go back to the "real" world again? Oh my! :eek: :hand:

YOu know, this is interesting because my computer has been acting up lately, and I have done every virus scan, spyware scan etc, checked our DSL modem etc. It appears to be coming from the server, and I wonder if it is because of this??

I don't know if this is related, but my cable company's modem has had to be re-set three times in the past two weeks, something that only happened once in six months prior to these incidents.

:D I was feeling devilish today heh.

lol good one.
OT post.

Okay I have got to get this off my chest...do apologize in advance as it is so lame and not witty at all. This is no reflection on you Sporky or Sporks which are great utensils. So forgive me but here it is......

Sporky......get a knife. :floorlaugh:

(did you get it?...get a life.. get a knife :floorlaugh:.....yeah, I know :crazy:)

OT post.

Okay I have got to get this off my chest...do apologize in advance as it is so lame and not witty at all. This is no reflection on you Sporky or Sporks which are great utensils. So forgive me but here it is......

Sporky......get a knife. :floorlaugh:

(did you get it?...get a life.. get a knife :floorlaugh:.....yeah, I know :crazy:)

Very witty. lol

Totally OT and uselessy taking up precious bandwidth...seeing the Spork makes me crave KFC mashed potatoes and gravy.

Internet users face regular "brownouts" that will freeze their computers as capacity runs out in cyberspace, according to research to be published later this year.

Experts predict that consumer demand, already growing at 60 percent a year, will start to exceed supply as early as 2010 because of more people working online and the soaring popularity of bandwidth-hungry Web sites such as YouTube and services such as the BBC's iPlayer.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518405,00.html

I know this thread is really about my tediously long posts and I think you guys should have the guts to mention me by name. Humph! :waitasec:

No, no, no, this can't be happening. It does explain why Time Warner Cable wanted to run a test in my city and three others to see if they could get away with charging people based on their internet usage. Thank goodness the public and the politicians screamed, "you can't do that."
but they will, and it will be coming to a city near you & me.

On the other hand, not to worry, I just got through reading that the internet will go down as quickly as the flu spreads from all the usage.:(:banghead::(

I know this thread is really about my tediously long posts and I think you guys should have the guts to mention me by name. Humph! :waitasec:

A while back I was Googling for information on a case here and my WS user name came up on a list at another site. Think it was Boardreader? but not sure. It listed WS posters according to number of posts for that week....and I was number 1. lol

Slowed down my posting after that.

Before letting everyone run out of bandwidth, maybe when it gets critical they should shut down utube, bbc's iplayer, and other things that hog it all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back