2009.05.02 FL Newspaper Coverage after Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdavidson11

You are not alone in this journey
Reaction score
I live on the Gulf Coast of FL. Prior Doc Dumps were reported on the 1st or
2nd page of the Local news paper. After this Doc Dump there is just a small 3 paragraph report of Cain's response and Williams being in the woods on page 6. Included in the 3 paragraphs is a small pic of Caylee, the one with her hand on her chin. The SA was right when she said to wait for the change of venue, as I see it public interest is dwindling except for those of us seeking justice for Caylee! Any other Floridians notice the decrease in coverage, also what is the coverage Nationally with the exception of JVM and NG?

I agree! I live in NYC and there is hardly any coverage on this case. With the exception of a few articles in People Magazine it's hardly covered here, in terms of local news, and I'm pretty sure everywhere else (except for FL). Most people I talk to don't even know who KC Anthony is!

I'm in Seattle and like many never hear about this case except on Nancy Grace Bombshell hour. I thought I would burst when my cable co. took away the channel getting ready for the digital change over. I did find it on an obscure channel no. and hope they don't remove it, after 12 yrs. of free cable. With this information of the case dying down in Fla. will it benefit prosecution or defense? For some reason I feel a sense of pleasure knowing that JB maybe be rattled by the thought of, "Everyone being sick and tired of the run around his client has given society"

In CA...there is nil on the subject of Caylee as far as local media. My news source is usually, NBC when there's something they find worth reporting or my fallback, JVM or NG & most of all...WS---thank you!!!:blowkiss:

Pa. here---Nada. I keep my T.V. on HLN and even that is dwindling down to other news stuff. I hope by the time the trial crawls around that the Judge decides to keep her right where she is. I hope that the Anthony's air time is over. It would certainly help if they would keep their faces (and I am trying to be nice) out of the Media.

In NC here.....I have to keep TV on the usual HLN, JVM and NG to hear anything about the case....and of course, Websleuths.

I live in Southern California, and there has been virtually no news coverage regarding this case at all, in many months.

For someone seeking information updates, as I do, the only media exposure I can find is on a limited national level... such as 'Headline News', 'Nancy Grace', and 'Jane Velez Mitchell'.

Even people I know that had a casual interest and awareness of this case during the summer, when it was still 'new' news, seem to have forgotten what the 'story' about it was. Of course, it just takes a reminder along the lines of, "the mother that didn't report her daughter missing for 31 days", for them to have a vague recollection.
But, that is pretty much where their knowledge ends.

I have friends all across the country, and for my friends living outside of Florida itself, this seems to be the case. Come to think of it, many of my friends in Florida's panhandle (Pensacola & Panama City), don't seem to be following the story, either.

I believe that we who really follow the Caylee Anthony tragedy, are just a small, fractional percentage of the population.

I would be lost without Websleuths.com.

With the swine flu, Arlen Specter switching parties, Obama marking 100 days in office, Chrysler filing chapter 11, and GMAC announcing they were stopping the production of the Pontiac, among other major news stories, I am not reading too much into the coverage of this case being on the decline.

It'll pick back up when the headlines become less significant.

I live in the Tampa area and there is very little in the news here. I have to google or come here to hear/read anything. There is also NG, but she exacerates everything.

I guess that this is old news. Did you realize that Cezsar Lauren is back in the US? You should remember the marine that is accused of murdering the fellow marine Lauderbach and burying her and her baby in his backyard. I only found out because I was wondering what the status of his extradition was.

With the influx of children murdered by a female or mother comming to the forfront in the news, I can't help but believe defense for KC isn't squirming. Everytime one is reported I feel it puts KC that much closer to being convicted in a court of law (and public opion) by her peers.

In Orlando the paper rarely mentions the case anymore. It used to be in the papers daily up until about a month or two ago. It flares up when there's some news, but that is rare now.

In SC coverage is nil. But they have to play out the pretrial motions. I expect when the trial starts, it will pick back up.

Up here in RI there is never ever anything. I get all my case news from online and from JVM, and NG. Sometimes headline news.

When the trial starts I think coverage will pick up more.

I check most of the FL media websites daily and they are slowing down with coverage because there really hasn't been much news.
The latest big flare up was the depositions and the Oprah show cancellation.
IMO, the reason this latest doc dump didn't get much coverage is because there were no 'bombshells' in them.
Don't worry, when there is some big news, it will be well covered on WFTV, WESH, My Fox Orlando and the Orlando Sentinel. I think there is still a lot of interest in this story.:)
My local news usually has updates a few times a week.

Pretty much the same here in KS as you are reporting all over the US. I feel it is a good thing for the media to back off of the "circus" for awhile. Also, this Doc Dump was not earthshaking news. I do feel what is notincluded in the doc dump is more important than what is. I think all of the chemical reports pretty much shoots holes in the A's plan to claim KC accidentally overdosed Caylee. (MOO) I just think that people are sick of the A's & Baez, et al.

Not alot of public knowledge here in North Bay. When I mention the story, most people go - Oh Yeah that girl whose dad lives in the trailer and they found her body really close by...- so the fact that there are so many missing and murdered children cases, people are getting them confused. Not even Sandra Cantu's details are known to most.

I live in New York State and there is no coverage of this story. I find it ironic that George made such a deal out of saying that this case has received the most media scrutiny. Oh really?

KC probably thinks this is the hugest news ever and she is on the cover of every magazine and news paper article. I'm sure JB fills her head with it and she is probably loving it (think the doll in the American flag). Unfortunately for her, her thunder has been stolen many times (Octomom, swine flu, Sandra Cantu, etc) and will continue to be until trial. Boy she would probably be pissed to read this thread :D

Emerald Coast newspapers (Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Destin, Seaside, etc.) NEVER EVER report anything on this case. We are busy with CORRUPT government officials up here. Are there any other kind?

In NC here.....I have to keep TV on the usual HLN, JVM and NG to hear anything about the case....and of course, Websleuths.
I'm in GA here and I have to watch HLN to keep up with the TV news coverage, although I only watch NG. Have to say JVM doesn't have any "experts" such as pathologists or ME to discuss the case with... only lawyers and one pro-KC attorney who I won't mention and won't watch. :furious: IMO NG gives the best coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member