NH NH - John Pond, 26, Salem, 19 Sept 1990

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Posted by: trafficsUP66, moved here for discussion...
77-John Pond Sr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this family and have sent them an e-mail with this thread.
I've not been able to find anything on line about this 19 yr cold case except a small mention on this nh webpage:
http://townofsalem.org/police/police-unsolved-crimes.asp
John was stabbed to death in his wheelchair.
John lived in a highly populated area, in a mobile home park with a few small cabins (one of which he'd lived in) that were very close to one another. Also, on a very main roadway that was/is well traveled day and night. I also had family members who lived there at the time and there were people out and about this neighborhood all hours of the day and night. It is difficult to believe that no one saw or heard anything.
This family still has no closure and has since lost another brother who was found in an Ocalla FLA bus station men's room deceased under suspicious circumstances.
LE has not reached out to this family in many years about their loved one's case. Since there is mention on the above web site that the case is solvable I'm hoping that if the family does reach out to the cold case unit they will respond and take another good hard look and make an effort to solve this heinous crime.
Thank you for the information here!

Posted by: trafficsUP66, moved here for discussion...
77-John Pond Sr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this family and have sent them an e-mail with this thread.
I've not been able to find anything on line about this 19 yr cold case except a small mention on this nh webpage:
http://townofsalem.org/police/police-unsolved-crimes.asp
John was stabbed to death in his wheelchair.
John lived in a highly populated area, in a mobile home park with a few small cabins (one of which he'd lived in) that were very close to one another. Also, on a very main roadway that was/is well traveled day and night. I also had family members who lived there at the time and there were people out and about this neighborhood all hours of the day and night. It is difficult to believe that no one saw or heard anything.
This family still has no closure and has since lost another brother who was found in an Ocalla FLA bus station men's room deceased under suspicious circumstances.
LE has not reached out to this family in many years about their loved one's case. Since there is mention on the above web site that the case is solvable I'm hoping that if the family does reach out to the cold case unit they will respond and take another good hard look and make an effort to solve this heinous crime.
Thank you for the information here!

a tuesday......september 18 1990
perhaps the family will have some newspaper articles at the time that they saved.........and will post here for us to read??

a tuesday......september 18 1990
perhaps the family will have some newspaper articles at the time that they saved.........and will post here for us to read??

I spoke yesterday with John's brother & his wife. They are just returning from vacation. I Know that she will have kept any news articles she could find at that time and will hopefully post here or otherwise share them with us. They were both surprised and pleased to know his name is on this board! We will be talking again later today. I will come back to the thread with anything I can find out.

I will keep looking myself as well!

Thank You again!

Thanks imamaze for re-directing my post!

I'm still learning the ropes here and wasn't sure where to post or if I could begin a thread on this case. I'm so glad I found the info on the NH thread and still busy reading the links. Such a great job by posters over there!

Thanks Again!

Thanks imamaze for re-directing my post!

I'm still learning the ropes here and wasn't sure where to post or if I could begin a thread on this case. I'm so glad I found the info on the NH thread and still busy reading the links. Such a great job by posters over there!

Thanks Again!

Your Welcome :)

Such a sad case trafficsUP66.

I haven't been feeling well but have talked with a close family member of John's daily. She has sent this thread to his mother who is grateful for any attention her son's case gets!

Thank you much Patience for the link!

Also, I thought when I'm feeling better a trip to the library might be a good idea to gather more articles from the local papers off micro-fiche?

I know that there were reports in the Lawrence Eagle Tribune (MA) and the Manchester Union Leader (NH).

Did John have children? I ask because he was called "Sr". Relationships can sometimes be the key to solving a crime.

Did John have children? I ask because he was called "Sr". Relationships can sometimes be the key to solving a crime.

Hi Karl,

No, John had no children and was not married.

He comes from a large family tho, and absolutely none of them have ever been suspects. For the most part they have been close and are supportive of each other even through some of the toughest of times. I've known the family since childhood, in fact one of my own brothers, deceased since 1982 in a motorcycle accident, was best friend's with one of John's brother's. I remain in contact with him through his wife, who was once my sister-in-law!

I have found out that they do believe they know who murdered John. They told me his name and that he is now deceased. He was known by John & some of the family members. One reason involves a suspicious phone call on the night of the crime. I asked whether there was any evidence that LE may have that also leads them to believe it's this person but they don't know since they've really gotten very little info from them on the case. I got the impression that they've given up on ever getting the absolute truth of why this happened.

I suggested that since the case is still unsolved there is always the possibility this 'suspect' could be either ruled in or out despite that he is dead. And, since it is still on NH site as solvable that there is still something in the way of evidence which could be used if/when they receive more tips or info that could help.

I'm trying to find out more about this person.

Thank you for your question and interest!

tU

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back