CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOT 'EM Lovejac!

StaceyMOTHEREmmaLeighBarker.jpg

What speaks volumes to me is that there is nary a comment on any of her pics!

It seems kind of obvious- Stacey Barker was not a well-liked person. I obviously dont know her, but I have only heard her friend A speak nicely of her, and girls her age, usually have TONS of MS friends.

For some types of girls who dont necessarily get along well with women, she sure doesnt have a lot of male friends either. I find that odder than than anything!! (Look at KC, she had LOTS more male friends)

Also odd that she doesnt have any friends with young children. Especially for a girl her age with a young baby. Usually young moms hook up and have play dates, but I dont see one friend or pic that she ever took with another kid. I hope Emma got to enjoy playing with other kids!

I think the fact that Stacey's family were ALWAYS home with Emma speaks VOLUMES!! I could understand while Stacey was at work, but they even had shifts covered when SB should have been home with her baby!!

***One more thing I was thinking, you can control what comments you want the public to view on your file- Im wondering if she got LOTS of nasty ones and Nick might have shut it down?? :rolleyes: :bang:

I haven't gone through this entire thread yet, only made it to the 4th page, when I decided to look at the last before continuing. I wanted to make a comment regarding these pictures. Conservative people might not get this, but I know 2 young women in my very own neighborhood that did photos like these after they had their children (to feel sexy again). One of them is my best friend's cousin. I looked at her pics on MySpace & thought they were beautiful. Now I see Stacey's pics on here and I think the same thing. They are professional and not trashy. I have no idea why she had these shots taken & posted them, but I will share that I modelled clothes when I was younger for several years. I took some shots for Guess/Georges Marciano in a jean jacket without a top, you could see cleavage and outlining of breasts but that was all. It was not *advertiser censored*, not even borderline, and I'm proud of those pics. Some people may not agree with this, but I am one of those people that see a difference between Playboy and Penthouse. IMO, Playboy is classy, and it's full nude/*advertiser censored*. This girls pics are not distasteful and are professional shots. Who knows why she did those shots and posted them, but she must be proud of them to list them on the net. They are far classier than any trashy *advertiser censored* type pics I've seen of other idiots posting on the net, especially on MySpace which sickens me! These types of pictures are very common and should not be used against this young woman. To me, I disagree with the notion that it shows what kind of person she is, because I see this all the time with young kids. It's extremely popular whether we like it or not, and most of these kids come from good stable upper middle class backgrounds that have parents that can afford professional photography prices. The less affluent are usually the ones that seem to post their "own" shots & stuff.

I just wanted to give everyone something to think about. Again, while I may not have been shot fully topless like Stacey, her topless photo is not a "nipple" shot and is tastefully done. I'd also like to add that I am way more proud of my photos when doing clothes than compared to my time with Hooters while going to college. IMO, Stacey's photo's have nothing to do with the demise of Emma. I know I'm just in the beginning phase of learning her case, but still...

Also, just so everyone knows, in regards to full frontal nudity: I think it's deplorable that *advertiser censored* is available, I don't agree with why people strip, I think people doing this for money is nothing less than pimping and prostitution...in my eyes, it's the same thing minus the intercourse.

Yes, I do wonder if she really did murder her...but there could be another reason at this point for me...to be continued...

:blowkiss:

Now that I think about it, you guys are right. Where are all of her friends????? The only one who has come to her defense is Amber, and she has been silent for a while too.

Regarding the mug shot, lol! that's the ONLY thing that Nancy Grace "scooped* us on!

Hey JerseyGirl :blowkiss: Glad you are checking out this thread! I agree with some of what you said about the pics, also, we don't know when they were taken. What is really odd to me is that when she logged it on 3/30, she didn't make those pics private and/or take them down. The other thing odd to me is she has waaaaaaaayyy more pics of herself than of Emma. I don't know about other moms, but when you go through my pics on my computer or my Facebook (I don't have a MySpace), you would be hard pressed to find many pics of me, BUT you will see a gazillion of my 3 boys, usually because I am the one on the other side of the camera.

ETA: This is just me, personally, BUT, even if I did have pics of that nature taken of me, I most certainly wouldn't post them to be seen by all. Of course, I'm 40 yo and not in my 20's but I don't think I would have done that even then.

Hey JerseyGirl :blowkiss: Glad you are checking out this thread! I agree with some of what you said about the pics, also, we don't know when they were taken. What is really odd to me is that when she logged it on 3/30, she didn't make those pics private and/or take them down. The other thing odd to me is she has waaaaaaaayyy more pics of herself than of Emma. I don't know about other moms, but when you go through my pics on my computer or my Facebook (I don't have a MySpace), you would be hard pressed to find many pics of me, BUT you will see a gazillion of my 3 boys, usually because I am the one on the other side of the camera.

ETA: This is just me, personally, BUT, even if I did have pics of that nature taken of me, I most certainly wouldn't post them to be seen by all. Of course, I'm 40 yo and not in my 20's but I don't think I would have done that even then.

My pictures didn't show anything remotely close to this, I never felt comfortable with that, but Stacey's pictures were still done with taste. I remember an old boyfriend of mine snapped a pic of me on the toilet, tinkling, in my college years....I got out, punched him in the face, smashed his disposable with a meat tenderizer, and broke up with him.

I'm still going through the thread. How can a mother smother a child to death by accident? In a fit of rage maybe? From what I've learned in school, if the child died from the heat in a car, then her insides would show signs of a change in temperature, since her body was found shortly after her demise.

I'm not sure about the take on meth yet. I'm still reading through and Googling at the same time. Something people should realize, meth almost always shows signs of usage, no matter how it's taken. It's like acid, which leaves scarring on your brain. If the user isn't habitual, then it could be hidden. If the user is affluent, then they can afford good cosmetics and dentistry. All one has to do is use Fergie as an example, as she is a self admitted recovering/ed meth addict. Sometimes looks can be deceiving...

I think uploading a collection of photos of herself( a full page worth ), simply shows her daughter wasn't the center or main focus of her world. Where were Little Emma's pics? Her account was about HER and her good times w/the boyfriend, the racetrack. Nothing on her page expressed those things some of us would associate w/ being a 'responsible' adoring parent.
It's just another element to consider when looking at the whole picture and trying to understand the nature of the animal. don't ya think?

Yes I do think so Fifth. It's not the posed pictures, it's not the lack of pictures of Emma but rather the totality of what we see of SB that makes me raise an eyebrow.

And then to add the observation of another poster that she doesn't seem to have that many friends. We could look at that as someone that is shy or reserved (as I am, myself, and I don't have a great many friends, just a few that I feel close to) but when we look at the big picture, each facet begins to tell us a story.

So while looking at one aspect of her life at a time, none scream out in absurdity, but all together...we see a picture emerging. We see a social networking page that really isn't important in the grand scheme of things, we see professionally done pictures of her in tasteful yet revealing positions, which also isn't indicative in of itself of anything. We see pictures of her partying with her friends, again, proves nothing. She lives with her parents who by all accounts are the ones that were Emma's primary care-giver, again, this happens in many families.

But what we have here is a dead child. This woman has been charged in her death.

However, it's the big picture when all of these are put together. Selfish, self-centered, manipulative, liar, now, more than likely, murderer. She is no different from the countless other young women we have seen dispose of their children like objects.

I think uploading a collection of photos of herself( a full page worth ), simply shows her daughter wasn't the center or main focus of her world. Where were Little Emma's pics? Her account was about HER and her good times w/the boyfriend, the racetrack. Nothing on her page expressed those things some of us would associate w/ being a 'responsible' adoring parent.
It's just another element to consider when looking at the whole picture and trying to understand the nature of the animal. don't ya think?

Yes, I agree with this 5th. I might also add that alot of "young" mothers have the same kind of discrepencies in their MySpace accounts. Alot of us more responsible and mature mothers would of course have more family pictures, especially our children's pics, posted as compared to ourselves. Younger kids aren't like that though, at least not the majority of them. With all the expert knowledge shared on the Astrology threads, we commonly come across mothers having their babies at too young of an age. They don't necessarily view their child as their complete person, but maybe as a possession. These kids want kids so that they can be the parent in charge, they sometimes tend to think it may make them feel more important, more loved or needed...more special. I think it's very common to see profiles of young mothers with kids on MySpace, profiles in which they have way more pics of themselves than their children. It's a sad time we're living in right now. Teenage and unmarried pregnancies are extremely common. Some people are able to make do, sometimes even successfully make it to the "top", but some don't. Young parents having babies without being able to mature properly, or learning responsibility over a longer period of time, will only promote unhealthy reasoning. Their logic might not be the same as yours or mine. Still, it doesn't make it right. There's a dead baby now, another statistic, and that's very sad.

O/T but I don't ever remember it being this bad when Planned Parenthood was popular. What's worse? Can it even compare? Good gosh, I send tons of prayers to this family and their set of friends. Such a sad situation.

May Emma rest in peace...

While I'm in no way saying that I think she's innocent, I think the picture thing might not be as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be.

I was married and divorced at a young age. I was a stay at home mom until my husband and I divorced so I had to quickly find a job. As hard as I tried, I wasn't able to afford the house we were living in and my son and I ended up moving in with my parents for a few months. I worked as a waitress and eventually started doing promotional modeling here and there. I had pictures taken that were similar to the pictures above. They weren't as revealing but they were still on the sexier side. Honestly, I was proud of those pictures. I gained 60lbs when I was pregnant with my son and I never thought I'd feel cute again. I had just gotten out of a marriage with a guy (I'll never call him a man) who pretty much crushed my self esteem by the way he treated me. I had no car, no job, no control over the money. Near the end I was pretty much a frumpy hermit. To be able to go and get pictures taken like that and actually be hired for modeling jobs (even if they were only promotional) was a huge boost to my self esteem.

I had a myspace page at the time and I put some of those pictures up too. Did I put tons of pictures of my son up? No. I didn't want some pervert making googly eyes at my baby. I talked about him when I blogged but I didn't plaster my profile with pictures of him. I used different websites to share pictures of him with friends and family.

Like I said before I'm not trying to defend her, I probably can't say what I think about her without violating TOS. I'm just saying that the pictures of her didn't really bother me.

Planned Parenthood?

Planned Parenthood gives out birth control as well as performing abortions. I know this might not be the same opinion as others but I am pro choice before the end of 1st trimester and especially in rape situations. I've felt this way since I was a child and won't change my opinion as I am steadfast in my beliefs. So, what is worse...abortion before 90 days or killing a child on purpose? I was being sarcastic in my post b/c elimating Planned Parenthood and abortion clinics have only added to the wealth of doctors & surgeons performing this same procedure and helping the less capable to "get rid of" their babies. Which is more humane? Filicide has risen immensely, imo, since all of those boycotts started. Abstinence is always the best policy but it's not realistic in todays day & time.

Stacey is just someone that LOOKS like she would be hard to talk to or establish any rapport with her.

If I walked into a room and saw her, I wouldn't chit chat with her.

But I don't post pics of my kids online because I am scared to....some nutball might target them. BUT, if I decided to post a couple.....my page would be plastered with them.

Ahh, the old abortion debate, a topic that people will never agree on........Stacy was old enough to be on birth control.

The more humane answer in this situation to me is to say, hey mom and dad, I can't handle my beautiful little girl.........since you are raising her anyway, will you take her/if not, I will put her up for adoption. I just don't want to be a mom, I want to get high and party.........

I'm not trying to change your opinion on abortion, I have mixed feelings about the subject but killing her before 90 days or killing her now is still killing her. But I do see your point, I just think there are better ways.

Ahh, the old abortion debate, a topic that people will never agree on........Stacy was old enough to be on birth control.

The more humane answer in this situation to me is to say, hey mom and dad, I can't handle my beautiful little girl.........since you are raising her anyway, will you take her/if not, I will put her up for adoption. I just don't want to be a mom, I want to get high and party.........

I'm not trying to change your opinion on abortion, I have mixed feelings about the subject but killing her before 90 days or killing her now is still killing her. But I do see your point, I just think there are better ways.

I agree with you. Also, I don't want people to get into an abortion debate. That's the last thing we need. I believe in serious extreme circumstances to warrant one. This is why I am pro rights. I should have been more specific in my post and I apologize for that. I don't believe it should be used as a form of birth control. People that do that should be responsible enough to use birth control, imo, rather that use abortion as an afterthought. Also, I'd like to add that those same boycotters don't believe in birth control, at all, and are against Planned Parenthood supplying condoms, pills, etc. Most of those same people believe in abstinence only, no compromise. I'm against that b/c it's not realististic. Still, though, nobody should be forced to have a child that was placed in their body as the result of rape.

Now, back to Stacey...I'm on the fence pertaining to this being 100% intentional. I'm still not finding proof that she was a meth user, just a few posters on forums saying they heard something or other. I'm still searching. Usually we'd find more by now, especially given Stacey's age, if her drug use was high. Again, please remember that I just now this morning discovered this thread...thanks to Lovejac. Trying to find whatever I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie