Trial w/o the A's testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree ..
Maybe they are secretly trying to keep Casey behind bars and away from them!

I think its more pride than anything...put up or shut up type thing --- family loyality---kc really rubbed ca with this when on the initial phone call complained that no one in her family believed her---they only wanted Caylee--- they are keeping her in bars away from them but in a "backwards" sort of way....:bang:

ITA - SA doesnt need the Anthony . They have to be careful these people
still garner sympathy as victims and SA doesnt want the jury feeling any pity for
them . That may translate into softer feelings for the child they created .
It might be best to let them state their unbelievable nonsense as defense witnesses
and skip the cross all together .

I'm thinking back to when Jackie and Lee Peterson were called to the stand in their son's murder trial. The SA did a fine job with them, considering they had been loose cannons in the media. They treated them with respect and were careful to respect that they suffered loss as well. Cindy and Jackie to me, are very similar in regards to denial of the obvious, and continuing to perpetuate the lies.
Cindy seems to not realize that she does not run the show here, (obvious to me in her depo in the civil case) and she will no way be allowed to take control of any examination, especially with the Judge sitting right next to her. JMO
This is HIS house, and I am sure she will be made to play by HIS rules.
The SA office has layed low and played it by the book thus far, they are not going to blow it all by letting her pull any nonsense and make them loose their cool. She has no idea the perfesionalism she is dealing with...way over her head or comprehension level.

I have long suspected that the SA has to date chose not to bring any charges against the A family for obstruction, perjury or accessory to murder in part because doing so would put them behind the wall of the fifth amendment for KC's trial. Keeping them without charges allows for them to be compelled to tell the truth in court on the stand. (the 5th amendment can only be used to shield yourself from discussing your own direct actions, not to protect another because you do not want to talk).

But after seeing the testimony in the depositions I really hope the SA is rethinking this position. He is hopefully wondering how much if any useful information can be gotten from them on the stand, beyond illustrating what distasteful evil people they are as a whole. (also if he were to press obstruction charges, would the depositions be admissable in court against them?)

This is an interesting post...
Are you suggesting that there will be no charges for abstracting an investigation? For waisting man power and time, for lost time in finding a body with evidence. for buying time so that there would be no body found with any flesh left on it. No This can not be right. IS IT????

They must be charged.:furious:
They did not kill the baby but they sure as hell helped clean up and IMHO that clean up started around July 1st before the car came home. and they waited for that car to make that call.

I think they should be called to the stand and I hope they trip up.
Somebody will slip something. And justice will come.

I think there is more of a chance of the jury feeling sorry for Casey for growing up in a home with so much obvious dysfunction than for people to feel pity for the Anthony's.

GOOD POST :clap:
That may be the strategy going forward.
At the rate they are going...Seems the only thing left for them to do is get enough hate so that people will feel sorry for Casey.

They will be some of the best witnesses for the state. They have already shown themselves to be "covering up" for KC, which shows that they believe KC to be guilty. They set themselves up with the lies to be great prosecution witnesses. Baez is terrified of those people going on the stand.

Not only are they covering up for Casey...
I have stated for a long time that they knew the facts by July 1st and used 2 weeks to clean up after her. The made that 911 call only after they knew where that car is. That is the last piece they were waiting for to make that 911 call.
THEY MUST BE ON THAT STAND....:furious:
and I cant wait for them to trip.

Not only are they covering up for Casey...
I have stated for a long time that they knew the facts by July 1st and used 2 weeks to clean up after her. The made that 911 call only after they knew where that car is. That is the last piece they were waiting for to make that 911 call.
THEY MUST BE ON THAT STAND....:furious:
and I cant wait for them to trip.

Good day, Songline.. :)

I guess getting the car back backfired on them, correct?

The last depos were for the civil defamation trial... so of course that can't be used (at least I think they can't).... The state would have to use the original ones if they wanted to enter that into trial... I know, I'm just rambling off the top of my head.

IMO, The state doesn't really need the Anthonys on the stand... but boy oh boy... Sure would be fun to watch ;)

I believe.....
The SA will call GA and CA as witnesses,
Their combined lies, mis-truths, and obsession with clean cars will come to light,
They will not be allowed in the courtroom until called to testify,
CA will blow, she will lose her grieving grandmother demeanor and the claws will come out,
The jury will see right through them all. JMO.

The Prosecution needs to run a very coherent trial. They cannot allow the spin masters to so defocus with half -truths and lies that the jury starts to get confused. They need to continue to pull everyone back to the FACTS. This will be an exhausting trial!

IF the A's testify, I don't see them coming out on the other side without charges.
:cow:

Good day, Songline.. :)

I guess getting the car back backfired on them, correct?

The last depos were for the civil defamation trial... so of course that can't be used (at least I think they can't).... The state would have to use the original ones if they wanted to enter that into trial... I know, I'm just rambling off the top of my head.

IMO, The state doesn't really need the Anthony's on the stand... but boy oh boy... Sure would be fun to watch ;)

I am not sure if they can use the civil court depo in a criminal case.
that is a great question for our legal minds.

But I hope they will be on the stand.
I really want them to get in deep trouble.
These people are a menace to our society.

That's a good question, about the civil depos.
Even the interviews they did with OC LE have some damning statements in them, I think, especially George.
I can see them trying to argue in court that things they said were misconstrued. :bang: Good thing is, witnesses don't get to argue. :)
I am ready for this to be over, for Caylee to have JUSTICE.

They will be some of the best witnesses for the state. They have already shown themselves to be "covering up" for KC, which shows that they believe KC to be guilty. They set themselves up with the lies to be great prosecution witnesses. Baez is terrified of those people going on the stand.

But covering up is guilt too, That is not legal...they need to be punished. :furious:

The Prosecution needs to run a very coherent trial. They cannot allow the spin masters to so defocus with half -truths and lies that the jury starts to get confused. They need to continue to pull everyone back to the FACTS. This will be an exhausting trial!

I'm still hoping, and almost willing to bet, that this will get plead out to LWOP. So no one will end up testifying. Any decent, well qualified death penalty attorney that JB finally gets to come on board is going to take one look at this mess and want to plead out rather than risk KC's life at trial. I think that's why JB seems to be floundering for a DP attorney. Most are pretty high powered and aren't going to go along with whatever wacko demands JB & KC are making. Or the court will flat out appoint someone, since JB still has his thumb up his you know what, and isn't on the ball getting someone. Not worth any attorney's reputation to sink to JB's level, even if it means some kind of big bucks down the road. I don't think we may ever get the whole story, but JB, CA & GA, as well as Kidfinders, et al, will profit in some manner, even if it's mostly media appearances ad nauseum talking about what a rough deal poor innocent KC got because of the big, bad SA & LE. JMO

I'm almost 100% positive that the civil case depos can't be used for the criminal trial. Just like the Larry King interviews etc... I just don't see it.

Could you imagine the huge mess in the courtroom if Cindy was examined by the state and the prosecutor says... "But Cindy, you said on the Today show... blah blah blah."

Songline... I understand your passions.. It's so easy to be irate, and want to see George and Cindy sent up the river... but does anyone really really know? We're they complicit to the actual act of Caylee's murder... or was it all ex post facto?

I'm going with the latter.

I'm sure if the state wants to persue Obstruction of Justice, they will.

e-hugs

I am not so sure that they even need CA to testify - can't they just use the 911 tapes? I hope they don't call her as I think she likes the drama and chaos and likes being the center of attention. I think it would get her goat if she wasn't needed. If they do call them, I think the SA will wait and see which personality G and C decide to bring to the witness stand and then adjust accordingly. There is no doubt that if the prosecutor needs to carve them up---they've provided her the evidence to do so. But that could backfire so she'll have to wait and see. There are so many tactics the SA could go with. I truly don't think G & C are going to be any hindrance to the state's case. Who needs to fear their testimony is JB. Cause even when they try to help they end up hurting KC's cause. jmo

I'm still hoping, and almost willing to bet, that this will get plead out to LWOP. So no one will end up testifying. Any decent, well qualified death penalty attorney that JB finally gets to come on board is going to take one look at this mess and want to plead out rather than risk KC's life at trial. I think that's why JB seems to be floundering for a DP attorney. Most are pretty high powered and aren't going to go along with whatever wacko demands JB & KC are making. Or the court will flat out appoint someone, since JB still has his thumb up his you know what, and isn't on the ball getting someone. Not worth any attorney's reputation to sink to JB's level, even if it means some kind of big bucks down the road. I don't think we may ever get the whole story, but JB, CA & GA, as well as Kidfinders, et al, will profit in some manner, even if it's mostly media appearances ad nauseum talking about what a rough deal poor innocent KC got because of the big, bad SA & LE. JMO

sad part Caylee's the one who got the rough deal ...

But covering up is guilt too, That is not legal...they need to be punished. :furious:

HOw do you stop them from making money on Caylee's name that would punish them ...heck they are already being punished everyday these ordeal has affected them more than KC she could care less and has seem to adapt very well to prison life ...they may deny it but they walk in a living hell everyday..

I really wish they would only use George in the trial, but I can see them calling both parents to the stand. Cindy won't get away with near as much at trial as she did in the depositions. She may try, but I don't think she will get very far. KC must be the one terrified of her parents testifying. If they tell the truth it hurts her and when they lie, they just compound her problems. Would you want to rely on JB to redeem them on cross? Not of your life!

Any bets on how long it will take the SA to declare CA a hostile witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie