2009.05.19*REVISIT* Gonzalez's attys have amended complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody please explain to me what is happening----say like you are talkin to a---well, a 5 year old. I just can't grab it all.
TIA

Am reading here (now) [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84342"]2009.05.19. Casey Anthony Civil Hearing @ 10:00 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Maybe I can grab something. Thanks!

I too am a bit confused. I watched the hearing this morning and heard nothing about CA. I'll admit that I was playing on pogo and also posting here. Maybe I'm not as good at multi-tasking as I thought?

I *think* that the amended motion to file for punitive damages included CA due to the statements she made at the end of the last depo when she was forced to admit to things she had said on TV in interviews about ZFG.

Recall he wouldn't let her back down and forced her to admit that she DID NOT refute on tv that ZFG was involved? Right after she kept insisting that it wasn't THIS ZFG.

It was right towards the end of her depo.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...thony-defamation-suit-will-continue.html#more

Gonzalez's attorneys have amended their complaint by accusing Cindy Anthony, Casey's mother, of spreading the defamation on television, DeForest added. Jasen has 20 days to respond to the amended complaint, DeForest said.

Good!:clap: I don't mean to sound mean, but CA did go on and on about how the nanny took Caylee and so on. There is much about Cindy that I don't trust and I just have a gut feeling she is the master mind of how the case became so bazaar. I don't think she knew Caylee was dead until after the fact, even though the more I read about her and listen to her transcripts the only other person I could believe would hurt Caylee would be Cindy, but in an accident. Now, Casey I would believe the worst.

Thanks to Chezhire who just posted this link on another thread. This was the CA depo thread and this post and others explains things a bit:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3629451#post3629451"]Cindy's Deposition #3 *UPDATED* MOTION FILED - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I *think* that the amended motion to file for punitive damages included CA due to the statements she made at the end of the last depo when she was forced to admit to things she had said on TV in interviews about ZFG.

Recall he wouldn't let her back down and forced her to admit that she DID NOT refute on tv that ZFG was involved? Right after she kept insisting that it wasn't THIS ZFG.

It was right towards the end of her depo.

I understand why she would be included (doesn't surprise my one bit) but I didn't see/hear anything that specifically said she was included.

Has the amended motion been filed (available document to view) or was it just brought up in court and we haven't seen the actual document yet?

Sorry I feel like I missed something

I am so happy that this has happened. I thought that both CA's and GA's demenour at the deposition was very low class. Even though they disagreed with the premise of the civil suit it did not give them the right to be so disrespectful.

Hopefully now they will show some respect to the judicial system and realize just how serious it is to falsely accuse other people of murder. Heck, this could easily turn into a class action suit.

Think about all the "people" they have named thus far:

Jesse G. ("He keeps changing his story")
Amy ("She could be Zanny")
The tow yard for placing a dead body in the car after the car was towed
The pizza shop that the pizza came from for claiming their pizza smelled like a dead body...
The forces out to get Casey

The possiblilities are endless

I understand why she would be included (doesn't surprise my one bit) but I didn't see/hear anything that specifically said she was included.

Has the amended motion been filed (available document to view) or was it just brought up in court and we haven't seen the actual document yet?

Sorry I feel like I missed something

Nothing official yet, but I expect we will see something between now & Thursday.

This was not unexpected after Cindy's depo.

Nothing official yet, but I expect we will see something between now & Thursday.

This was not unexpected after Cindy's depo.

Thank you. I've been ready all these posts that state it as fact and I really thought I missed something important.

Yes it is very expected after Cindy's depo. She admitted that she was the one that kept the whole ZG did it theory going.

This is how I understand it, but I could be wrong - it's happened before. ZFG's attorneys amended their suit to include punitive damages. To provide a basis for doing this they included examples of intentional defamation rather than just negligence. One example was Cindy going on TV and not excluding ZFG as a suspect which she admitted during her deposition. I don't believe the statement on the Sentinel blog meant that Cindy was actually named as a party to the suit in the amendment, it was just poorly worded. Please read the following article: (snipped and bolded by me)

Judge Jose Rodriguez approved Gonzalez's lawyer's motion to amend the complaint and assert their right to punitive damages.

"I have to allow you to assert a request for punitive damages," Rodriguez said.

According to Gonzalez's attorney, the amended lawsuit includes more examples of attempts by Anthony and her family to convince the public that Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

link for article: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19500744/detail.html

Thank you. I've been ready all these posts that state it as fact and I really thought I missed something important.

Yes it is very expected after Cindy's depo. She admitted that she was the one that kept the whole ZG did it theory going.

Agree.

That link I posted above to the CA depo thread had some really great legal input/thoughts about CA's responsibility in furthering the Nanny defense.

If you have time to read through it, it's worth while.

This is how I understand it, but I could be wrong - it's happened before. ZFG's attorneys amended their suit to include punitive damages. To provide a basis for doing this they included examples of intentional defamation rather than just negligence. One example was Cindy going on TV and not excluding ZFG as a suspect which she admitted during her deposition. I don't believe the statement on the Sentinel blog meant that Cindy was actually named as a party to the suit in the amendment, it was just poorly worded. Please read the following article: (snipped and bolded by me)

Judge Jose Rodriguez approved Gonzalez's lawyer's motion to amend the complaint and assert their right to punitive damages.

According to Gonzalez's attorney, the amended lawsuit includes more examples of attempts by Anthony and her family to convince the public that Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

That makes perfect sense.

TY.

And don't forget on LKL CA said they believe there is a suspect other than KC who killed Caylee. So since they have not named another one but Zanny, I would think ZG would naturally feel she is not entirely off the hook as far as KC pointing her finger in ZG's direction. Just makes ZG's case that much strong I would think.

Finally, CA's attitude might actually come back to haunt her. Listening to her deposition, I think that she surprised the attorneys by making those statements. It was almost like in a "Few Good Men" when Tom Cruise didn't expect to get the confession but had bet the farm on it.

Thanks to Chezhire who just posted this link on another thread. This was the CA depo thread and this post and others explains things a bit:

Cindy's Deposition #3 *UPDATED* MOTION FILED - Page 4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Following up, the potential reason Morgan was going after it with Cindy re: her having gone on national television and saying such-and-such about ZG is, as was first mentioned on these boards by our fellow WS poster Shermie, back in September '08, to try to get any monetary damages awarded to ZG paid by Cindy's homeowners' insurance policy, see here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2742178#post2742178"]ZG Hires Attorney - Lawsuit Against Casey Anthony - Page 35 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Ah ha! Guess Cindy shouldn't have had so much bling on at her deposition a few weeks ago. Not that that's the reason but it's funny to have seen her today with what looked to be considerably less metal hanging around her body.

Thanks,Dear Prudence,
That spells it out nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads