Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks PattyCake. That's what I'm sayin! He shows his guilt over and over. And exactly...what if she was harmed the night she "ran off" and it's her? But he's still unconcerned? Sheesh. The man really is an idiot.

Ita
Also, years from now when Stacy's children are older, they're going to be able to read all of these smirky little things DP has been saying all this time. How does he think thats going to affect them?
Of course if he'd ever been thinking about his children he never would have done the things that set this all in motion.
Kathleen would still be alive, finally getting to enjoy a life without abuse, DP would not have had so much money and fewer toys for him to tool around in, and Stacy by now would have been finished with the divorce and building her new life away from him, and all the kids would still have their mom!!!

VB

One thing that bothers me is will they be able to pull DNA from the remains after a year and a half or will the exposure to water, heat and cold have degraded the DNA too much? I guess the fact that what they have recovered is the lower torso, which means the hips. I know they are supposed to be more protected, though teeth are usually best after a long period of time.

I read an article last night where a man's body had been submerged for over three years and the forensic experts were able to identify him through DNA. I think they took it from the largest bone they found. He too had disarticulated, I believe.

imo

Wasn't Laci's pants and underwear still on the skeletonized torso and legs when she was found? The underwear may have not come off because the torso and legs kept them on. It may be tattered remnants but the elastic waistband could still be in tact.

imo

Hi OceanBlueEyes, Yes that is true about Laci. Her pants had frayed as the salt water eroded them, but the strings of fray were still there, covered with those discrete round and oval mineralized stones tha ME talked about at the prelim.

We don't know how long it has been since these bones landed on that bank. If they came out of the blue barrel found about a mile away, the flooding was almost 9 months ago so if this is the case, had been in the barrel for about a year.

The body would have decomposed in the first couple of months of that year, and in a fetal position so it would fit in to the barrel. I think the panties would stay in place and either until the bones separated, once out of the barrel or critters got busy, and would remain in place.

I've seen so many photos of dead soldiers, fallen in place, fully clothed after many years. xox and IMO

It was just reported on FOX that the autopsy would reveal whether the remains showed if the UID had ever borne children and they also mentioned dental records! They sure keep mentioning the 'dental records' although it hasn't been confirmed that a skull was found. Ugh! I hate writing stuff like that.....

The remains are badly decomposed, according to officials. The autopsy is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Will County Coroner's Office in Joliet. Officials are also working to ID the body; they are comparing dental record and conducting DNA tests.
"We're not identifying whether or not it's male or female. It would be very premature to do that. Nor are we making an attempt to associate with any current investigation. We would be very premature to do that," said Master Sgt. Tom Burek, Illinois State Police.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6824563&rss=rss-wls-article-6824563

I am confused. The article says they are comparing dental records. I thought only the torso and legs were found?

imo

-------------
IMO, you are totally misreading poster's comments concerning the remains found. I'm not speaking for anyone else here but I do think that no one is hoping that either of the missing women are dead....I'm not even going to fathom on why you would even think that. That said, I believe that a majority of the public believe that these two women are no longer among the living and hope and pray that their families will finally know what has happened to their loved one and that maybe they will have the chance to finally lay them to rest.

--

Probably something to do with postings such as, "I hope it Stacy". It's not what is being said, it's how it's being said. Fathom yourself into the shoes of someone who has lost family to violent crime. I'm sure it would be (at the least) a bit weird to hear people hoping your missing realtive was a recently discovered bottom half of a skeleton wearing panties. If it were me, I would preface my posting a bit to show respect for the missing/dead. It urkes me, that's all. Last time I checked, I was allowed to form an opinion.

As far as comparing these remains to either Stacey or Lisa, remember, 1/2 the dna testing is already done. They've already developed Stacey's and Lisa's dna, they only need to develope the dna profile for the skeletal remains now and see if they match.

Anyone from that area,.........have you read Sandra Bellinger's prediction on where she thought Stacey was placed in the water? Is it plausible this could be Stacey, washed down from where Sandra said she was put into the water? Wasn't there something about locks or gates or something?

If this turns out to be either one of these poor women, I'm going to be shocked beyond belief. IF Stacey, it would have the same implications as when Laci/Conner were found, the proof of murder appearing at the 11th hour. IF Lisa, same thing, IMO. Then Illinois would be rocking from high-profile wife murder trials. Because IF this turned out to be Lisa, that would be the impetus to finally arrest the main suspect in her disappearance, her husband Craig.

Whoever it turns out to be, a family somewhere is going to finally get an answer on what happened to their loved one. :( As horrible as it is to find out their loved one is dead, it's the NOT knowing that is worse.

JMHO
fran

Hi Fran, We were given the link to Sandra's site last night and I did a little bit of reading there. It is so amazing that what we already surmise might be the case is what Sandra wrote in Dec of 2007.

Just a few things which are not verified at this point:

* He put her in handcuffs
* Weighted the barrel with concrete
* Threw the barrel off a bridge over the same river where remains found
* The blue barrel and remains would not be found together but not far from each other either.

Makes the hair stand right up on my head! xox

http://news.google.ca/news?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4IBMA_enCA205CA206&q=des%20plaines%20river&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

Meanwhile, Channahon resident Michelle Williams said she notified local police about a blue barrel she saw on the riverbank three days before the remains washed up. Police had no comment. A witness has said he helped Drew Peterson carry a heavy blue barrel, which he thinks contained Stacy Peterson, hours before she was reported missing.

Hi Painter, Just heard that FOX is about to intervieew Michelle about that blue barrel. xox

It's still going to be someone who is dead. If it's not one of the missing persons we know about, then it would be one more person who has been missing up until now.

EXACTLY.

Lanie

Perhaps they found more since the initial find?

Yes, I suppose that could be the case, thanks.

I am sure they closely went all over the shore area along that mile from where the blue barrel was found to where the body was discovered.

Not sure how much credibility to give it, but our local channel 7 wxyz here in metro detroit is claiming "police believe it may indeed be Stacey" you have to take these reports with a big grain of salt, though as the media is always trying to get the story out before the competition, and of course they give no reason WHY the police believe so. Argggh!

A blue barrel was found on Sunday. Wow and Peterson isn't nervous. What about Stebic is he nervous?

Fox News right now, have Michelle Williams on, she is the woman who found the blue barrel on Sunday, took a photo of it and call local LE about it, saw the barrel again on Tuesday and called again, wondering if LE had checked out the barrel. Saw yesterday that a body had been found close to the blue barrel and then decided to call State Police, State Police asked her to send photo and descriptions of area and traveled to the area to investigate.

Does this story sound a bit familiar to any of you? It seems to be rather difficult to get local LE to check out possible evidence discovered by people.
:waitasec:

Hi Fran, We were given the link to Sandra's site last night and I did a little bit of reading there. It is so amazing that what we already surmise might be the case is what Sandra wrote in Dec of 2007.

* The blue barrel and remains would not be found together but not far from each other either.

Scandi please forgive my ignorance, I haven't kept up with this case continually but let me ask you this please.

You mean he weighed it down with concrete after his step brother helped him remove it? If he filled it beforehand it would be extremely heavy to lift even for two men.

Or do you mean he put concrete blocks or something inside of the barrel to weigh it down after he got to the river? Because if she was encased in concrete her body would not have floated free to come up on the shore by itself, I dont think.

The news copter was hovering over that blue barrel, to think that Stacey's death and disposal of her body played out as most of us assumed is chilling when you see that simple blue barrel. What is the likelyhood that a blue barrel would just happen to be less than a mile from the discovered remains? Imo, not very likely.

------------
Yeah, I have goose bumps right now. I saved Sandra's site to my favorites so that if and when Stacie was discovered, I could compare her statements against what was found. It may not be Stacie, but as of right now, what is happening is giving me pause.

--

Probably something to do with postings such as, "I hope it Stacy". It's not what is being said, it's how it's being said. Fathom yourself into the shoes of someone who has lost family to violent crime. I'm sure it would be (at the least) a bit weird to hear people hoping your missing realtive was a recently discovered bottom half of a skeleton wearing panties. If it were me, I would preface my posting a bit to show respect for the missing/dead. It urkes me, that's all. Last time I checked, I was allowed to form an opinion.

I understand what you're saying here. While sensitivities are high when a body is discovered "hoping it's Miss. A/B/C" is only said because people are truly hoping for justice. Hoping for answers. Hoping for the close of a missing persons case. Hope that the person who (assumed) harmed this poor individual is made responsible for their crime.

In the ultimate pursuit of justice we sometimes have to make peace with what has already happened and hope for answers for the families of these missing people. The likelihood either of these women will be found alive is very unlikely. I don't think hoping it's Stacey or Lisa is morbid, insensitive or inappropriate. It's just the beginning of hope for closure for the families and justice for the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member