GUILTY IL - Sabrina Clement, 4, murdered, Mokena, 22 May 2009

kikid

Reaction score
I swear there is something in the water there in Will County, IL http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30903229

A frantic mother arrived home in Mokena Friday night to find police outside her home. Her 4-year-old daughter Sabrina Clement had been stabbed to death by her teenage half brother, accordng to Will County prosecutors.

WTH is going on in Illinois?? Good God, he stabbed a 4 y.o. in the neck.

kikid, I think there is something going on in the water everywhere. Familial crime has gotten epidemic and out of hand.

RIP baby girl.

:eek: I have family in Mokena. Mostly single family homes and strip malls. I'm not sure what's going on around here but it is worrisome all these stories as of late.

:( It's so sad.

Since the holidays, there has been such an escalation. It's weighed heavily on my heart.

For about a month I kept track of mass (3 or more) familial and strangers killings in the U.S. I stopped counting at 100 victims. And that number doesn't include the one or two victim crimes like this one. So the actual number would be much greater.

We might find out that Keith has some mental issues:

Robert Wisch, who has lived in the neighborhood for about a dozen years, described the family as unsociable, saying they never waved back to him or his son.

Wisch said Randulich startled him once as he walked past the house one evening a few months ago.

The teenager was standing in the dark near a car, "kind of arguing with himself. Pacing back and forth. But we really had no other contact with them," Wisch said.

Interesting comments here:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Brother-Kills-4-Year-Old-Half-Sister.html

Anonymous Today at 5:05 PM FLAG COMMENT This is so crazy, Keith was always the quiet shy one never to do anything like this I've gone to grade school and was going to high school with him, this is so sad and unexpected....RIP Sabrina.

Megan Today at 2:06 PM FLAG COMMENT went to grade school with him, he was the nicest kid ever he was always laughing! omg i am in total shock of this. i can not believe he did that. RIP Sabrina

Robert Wisch, who has lived in the neighborhood for about a dozen years, described the family as unsociable, saying they never waved back to him or his son.

Wisch said Randulich startled him once as he walked past the house one evening a few months ago.

The teenager was standing in the dark near a car, "kind of arguing with himself. Pacing back and forth. But we really had no other contact with them," Wisch said.

:( Makes ya wonder, not sure I would leave my four year old with a child who might have mental illness. Easy for me to say though, I don't live it. Prayers for their family. RIP little Sabrina.

He's at an age that often marks the onset of schizophrenia. He could have been the most normal kid ever and suddenly change if he has this disease. In a way, I hope he is psychotic -- otherwise, the only motive I can think of is that he molested her.

kikid, I think there is something going on in the water everywhere. Familial crime has gotten epidemic and out of hand.

RIP baby girl.

I agree, the number of familial crimes nationwide is insane!

He's at an age that often marks the onset of schizophrenia. He could have been the most normal kid ever and suddenly change if he has this disease. In a way, I hope he is psychotic -- otherwise, the only motive I can think of is that he molested her.

I agree that at the age of 18 he is in the window that marks the onset of schizophrenia. Often times, from what I've read there are only symptoms that can be recognized in hindsight when these young men succumb to this illness. I've also read that it can be tricky to diagnose before the first episode of psychosis.

I believe as the economy sinks, crime with all its ramifications, rises.

My opinion only

I agree with you on this one Blackwatch. I haven't read any articles to explain it, but in my mind, it's like a tipping point. People and families that are already on the edge (financially) with pre-existing psychological issues are tipped towards crime and violence when the unstable platform of their financial life is rocked. There are no simple explanations, I'm sure. However, we see such a rise in familial crimes when the economy takes a dive. JMHO too.

On the other hand this could be simply a case of another loner gaming addict whose sister was 'interfering' w his game or spilled juice on his playstation :rolleyes: Covered in blood from the neck down? His baby sister for God's sake.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05/child-found-slain-in-mokena-officials-say.html

On the other hand this could be simply a case of another loner gaming addict whose sister was 'interfering' w his game or spilled juice on his playstation :rolleyes: Covered in blood from the neck down? His baby sister for God's sake.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05/child-found-slain-in-mokena-officials-say.html

That article is strange. Wonder if the 18 yr old is covering for the 16 yr old?

n a short news conference this afternoon, Rankovich said Randulich was the one who called police last night. Rankovich and two officers arrived at the home and found Keith and his 16-year-old brother at home, with no parents there. They soon found Sabrina in a basement room on the floor.

Both brothers -- who are both half-brothers to Sabrina -- were calm and cooperative. Randulich "went willingly" when police took him into custody, Rankovitch said. The probable cause in the case was based on an interview with Keith and evidence at the scene, he said.

Schizophrenics, when violent, are more likely to be violent toward family or caregivers, however the majority of them are not violent, and are more likely to be the target of violence.

I wonder about bi-polar disorder or schizoaffective disorder (a combination of schizophrenia and bi-polar disorders) as manic stages, according to wikipedia, often entail anger or rage.

That is, of course, if he is mentally ill - which there is not enough information to say whether he is or not.

Thanks kittenish, I hadn't thought of those at first. I was thinking of the onset of paranoid schizophrenia. But you're right, we don't have enough information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back