Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely no problem. I appreciate the compliment. As to upstream/downstream, I posted yesterday something about the barrel being found upstream.....only after reading what another person had posted.

I consider upstream to be against the current also.....in this case that would be closer to the 55 bridge.....or East. Which seems to be where the additional body part was found. As to the barrel, I sure don't have a clue to location, or even if it is related.

I've been confused, as have many of us, as to "barrel" or "container". I am hoping someone drags that part of the river.

Hi Marsha, I hope they drag the river too! The container you show is not a barrel, and I did appreciate your thoughts and practicality with the neighbor boy of about the same size, fitting into a 2 x 2 x 2 area.

What about the barrel he bought with the chlorine in it, at an odd time of year and that was not there left in his garage. Could it be he used the 2 x 2 x 2 container to dispose of the accoutrements to the crime? The things that had her DNA? A coverlet that would have blood or spinal fluid on it if he broke her neck in the attempt to strangle her? Makeup, an IUD, Just shooting from the hip here, but we have seen how these things happen in all the cases we see here at Websleuths. xox

Helllo everyone. First of all, reading all these posts is a great reminder of what happened so many months ago, and I thank those who have so much info to share. It makes me remember and go "oh yeah, that's right". So thanks!

Here's my confusion. Tom Morphey said he thought he helped carry Stacy's remains in a "container". NOT a blue barrel. The blue barrel came into play when Cassandra said one was missing from the garage. So....how did we come to believe Stacy was in a blue barrel? Versus a container? I probably missed something important.

But I read that Tom Morphey said this blue barrel at the recent find is not what he remembers. So, did Drew remove Stacy's body from his house in a container and then transfer her to a blue barrel? Or, did Drew put other stuff in the blue barrel (nightstand, cell phone, etc.,) and remove that? I've always thought he burned evidence.

Sorry...I'm just confused. I'm thinking blue barrel and Stacy are forever linked in the media and that's why Drew laughs. Stacy was never in a blue barrel.

I also read that the same group of dedicated searchers who have been searching for Stacy on land, water and in the Stacy boat are the one's who found the newest body part and then contacted LE. I didn't read how they got to that area, except that they've been searching it since the beginning.

Thoughts?

There is a lot of confusion regarding blue barrel vs blue container. It was Cassandra that said that about two or three weeks prior to Stacy's disappearance she saw the blue barrel in the garage and asked Stacy about it. Stacy said it was pool chemical. We've all wondered why someone would buy that much pool chemical in October, when it's cold and the pool isn't in use. After Stacy disappeared, it was noted that the blue barrel in the garage was also gone.

Then we learned about Tom Morphey, who said blue container. At that point we discussed the largest Rubbermaid type storage container, which is rectangular.

I don't think anyone (but Drew) knows for sure what Stacy was placed in - blue barrel or blue container. Drew may have disposed of the barrel/container with Stacy in it, OR, the barrel or container may have only been used to transport Stacy's body from the house to wherever Drew disposed of her.

It would appear that Tom Morphey has a pretty good idea of what the container looks like, and LE has ruled out the one found in the Des Plaines River.

There is a lot of confusion regarding blue barrel vs blue container. It was Cassandra that said that about two or three weeks prior to Stacy's disappearance she saw the blue barrel in the garage and asked Stacy about it. Stacy said it was pool chemical. We've all wondered why someone would buy that much pool chemical in October, when it's cold and the pool isn't in use. After Stacy disappeared, it was noted that the blue barrel in the garage was also gone.

Then we learned about Tom Morphey, who said blue container. At that point we discussed the largest Rubbermaid type storage container, which is rectangular.

I don't think anyone (but Drew) knows for sure what Stacy was placed in - blue barrel or blue container. Drew may have disposed of the barrel/container with Stacy in it, OR, the barrel or container may have only been used to transport Stacy's body from the house to wherever Drew disposed of her.

It would appear that Tom Morphey has a pretty good idea of what the container looks like, and LE has ruled out the one found in the Des Plaines River.

Hi Leila, Do we really know they have ruled it out?

Well, At least LE knows how Tom described the 'container' to LE that was warm to the touch and that he believed in afterthought contained her body.

I don't think that square container could contain anything other than a body. There would have to be other things to be disposed of in the commission of that crime. Killing someone is not that simple to be so clean and neat. There are always clues left behind.

It is very confusing......barrel or container. The neighbor said blue barrel, TM said blue container.

IIRC it may have been the friend of TM's.......the one who was interviewed several times after TM confided to him about helping DP remove SP's body from the bedroom to the vehicle...............who stated that it had the metal handles and clasps.

Also the distances involved......I know I don't exactly trust exact mileages states in the news. One mile may only be 1/2 a mile actually. I think the distances are only guestimates.

I called the lockmaster at Dresden a few days ago and asked her exactly where these current remains were found and she said 10 miles East. If you look at Google, Live Maps etc. you will see that the distance is much closer than 10 miles. Perhaps 4-5 at the very most. Even closer as a crow flies.

Such an informative thread - thank everyone for the maps and links!!!

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:​

As others have said, all they need is the pelvis to prove the body is female, and I believe they can tell pretty fast if a woman has had children or not due to the marks for separations in the bones during pregnancy and childbirth.

My theory is that the police are just keeping everything under wraps to see what Drew and his buddies do and say in the coming week. Also Lisa Stebic's husband. This is a really important discovery, considering that they searched near this area before, as I recall.

Whatever the container was, it's not as important as finding the body and the clothing. A container could have Drew's DNA in it however, or other evidence he wanted to throw away. But the body - whoever it is - is the key because that proves that Stacy didn't just run away with another guy.

It is very confusing......barrel or container. The neighbor said blue barrel, TM said blue container.

IIRC it may have been the friend of TM's.......the one who was interviewed several times after TM confided to him about helping DP remove SP's body from the bedroom to the vehicle...............who stated that it had the metal handles and clasps.

Also the distances involved......I know I don't exactly trust exact mileages states in the news. One mile may only be 1/2 a mile actually. I think the distances are only guestimates.

I called the lockmaster at Dresden a few days ago and asked her exactly where these current remains were found and she said 10 miles East. If you look at Google, Live Maps etc. you will see that the distance is much closer than 10 miles. Perhaps 4-5 at the very most. Even closer as a crow flies.

Hi, I would have thought she would have said NE, as it flows down to the dam from that direction, considering the bend before the dam, going south.

Where would that put it on the map Marsha? Maybe the original X on our maps is inaccurate for the original find of the Wed remains. xox

Hi, I would have thought she would have said NE, as it flows down to the dam from that direction, considering the bend before the dam, going south.

Where would that put it on the map Marsha? Maybe the original X on our maps is inaccurate for the original find of the Wed remains. xox

I think the woman at the locks was just guessing. The X on the maps is right on. I looked at the video a long time trying to pinpoint the spot. Then looked Live.com to try to find that spot. Those round, dark vats (probably owned by Dow Chemicals), are just above the recovery spot.

Such an informative thread - thank everyone for the maps and links!!!

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:​

As others have said, all they need is the pelvis to prove the body is female, and I believe they can tell pretty fast if a woman has had children or not due to the marks for separations in the bones during pregnancy and childbirth.

My theory is that the police are just keeping everything under wraps to see what Drew and his buddies do and say in the coming week. Also Lisa Stebic's husband. This is a really important discovery, considering that they searched near this area before, as I recall.

Whatever the container was, it's not as important as finding the body and the clothing. A container could have Drew's DNA in it however, or other evidence he wanted to throw away. But the body - whoever it is - is the key because that proves that Stacy didn't just run away with another guy.

Hi ThoughtFox, I think you are right and they are minimizing everything, keeping what they know under wraps. It is a very high profile case. One wrong move and down the road some genius defense attny who wants to make a name could use early disclosure as unconstitutional for whatever reason. I would always worry about that.

In the long run for Stacy's case and charging him for it, they are going to need something to tie it to him, right? Scuba diving weights and a blus barrel gone that should have been in his garage, where he can not explain how they vanished. That is the stuff they will be looking to find for the prosecution. xox

Always wonderful to see you ThoughtFox :blowkiss: Diehards both. LOLOLOL

I think the woman at the locks was just guessing. The X on the maps is right on. I looked at the video a long time trying to pinpoint the spot. Then looked Live.com to try to find that spot. Those round, dark vats (probably owned by Dow Chemicals), are just above the recovery spot.

I did trust your map photo's Marsha. Dow Chemical's holdings along that river go a long way. It seems very plausible to me that the original Wed findings are down from those two ground tanks and the leg bone & other findings of Sat are on a bank upstream, and only accessible theu Dow Chemical propertty that is closer to the 55 bridge. They own all that riverfront property as I see it on the map.

The barrel, it seems important as it could have contained the remains, based on the original statements of Tom and the Blue Container. But that container could still be down at the bottom of that river, not yet found, especially if concrete was mixed in it to keep the deed hopefully from ever being discovered by the killer.

Does anyone here recall if DP gave TM a ride home the evening the blue container was loaded into the vehicle? Or did TM drive himself home?

What I'm getting at is........if DP drove TM home (or back to his vehicle somewhere) I would think that TM would have noticed if there was more than one container in the back of the vehicle??? Or even just in loading it?? But I guess DP could have gone back to his house and loaded something else before disposing of the goods.

One thing we can all agree on is that the container was "BLUE" lol

I think I've found the location of where the leg bone was found. I watched the video of the woman reporter accompanying a man to the location where the leg bone was found. In the video they were walking down a dirt road or path. So, I searched the river bank on the same side of the river where the remains were found, and found what I think is the dirt road or path along the river.

LegBone.jpg

If this is the right spot, which is approximately 1 mile from where the remains were found last Wednesday (Dow plant seen beyond the river bank), the locations of the remains, barrel, and leg bone would be as shown:

DesPlaines-Remains.jpg

If the blue barrel/container were dumped in or near that location, I note by the map that it looks like someone could drive into the area where the water tanks are, and drive down the dirt road or path that was seen in the video. Late at night no one would see a vehicle in that area. I also note that highway 55 is a straight shot from Bolingbrook to that area - off at Arsenal Road, and turn into where the water tanks are.

I think I've found the location of where the leg bone was found. I watched the video of the woman reporter accompanying a man to the location where the leg bone was found. In the video they were walking down a dirt road or path. So, I searched the river bank on the same side of the river where the remains were found, and found what I think is the dirt road or path along the river.

LegBone.jpg

If this is the right spot, which is approximately 1 mile from where the remains were found last Wednesday (Dow plant seen beyond the river bank), the locations of the remains, barrel, and leg bone would be as shown:

DesPlaines-Remains.jpg

If the blue barrel/container were dumped in or near that location, I note by the map that it looks like someone could drive into the area where the water tanks are, and drive down the dirt road or path that was seen in the video. Late at night no one would see a vehicle in that area. I also note that highway 55 is a straight shot from Bolingbrook to that area - off at Arsenal Road, and turn into where the water tanks are.

Looks pretty right on to me also.......the video I watched had those chemical tanks in the background also.

I hope they have found more than the leg bone......more, more, more...........

And I still am hoping it is Stacy......Lisa second and someone else third. Only because I became more involved in Stacy's case and have my own personal interest in it. I want DP the MONSTER to go DOWN!!

Whoever it turns out to be I hope justice is served by the finding of these remains.

Does anyone here recall if DP gave TM a ride home the evening the blue container was loaded into the vehicle? Or did TM drive himself home?

What I'm getting at is........if DP drove TM home (or back to his vehicle somewhere) I would think that TM would have noticed if there was more than one container in the back of the vehicle??? Or even just in loading it?? But I guess DP could have gone back to his house and loaded something else before disposing of the goods.

One thing we can all agree on is that the container was "BLUE" lol

According to TM, after they loaded the container into Drew's Denali, Drew drove TM home. He was very nervous and scared, and immediately called his neighbor and friend, Walter Martinek and asked if he could come over and talk to him. TM told Walter what had happened that evening. Walter later said that TM was very upset. This was hours before Stacy was reported missing. The next day, when Walter heard the news that Stacy was missing and that TM was in the hospital having taken an overdose of medication, Walter went to the police and told them what TM had told him the night before.

LegBone.jpg

DesPlaines-Remains.jpg

Very Good Leila, Do you know what the currents would be from the 55 bridge going downstream? We had a photo posted here of a bridge where it would be so easy to roll a barrel or container right off the edge as it wasn't very high.

So I'm wondering if this happened, seeing the angle of the body of water south of the bridge before it narrows out flowing south, if the container would be directed by the flow of water to the east side of the river, away from the town and have maybe been lodged there all this time until the flood broke open whatever held the remains. xox

PS: It does look more like I was thinking, up closer to the bridge.

According to TM, after they loaded the container into Drew's Denali, Drew drove TM home. He was very nervous and scared, and immediately called his neighbor and friend, Walter Martinek and asked if he could come over and talk to him. TM told Walter what had happened that evening. Walter later said that TM was very upset. This was hours before Stacy was reported missing. The next day, when Walter heard the news that Stacy was missing and that TM was in the hospital having taken an overdose of medication, Walter went to the police and told them what TM had told him the night before.

That is pretty much what I recall also. Just couldn't remember WM's name.

Leila, Do you recall talk of the container having metal handles and clasps? Here is a whole page of information about the container on ACANDYROSE website with various containers:

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_blue_container.htm

01/28/2008 (www.mandjshow.com) - The moring show with Mike and Juliet
"Long-time Friend of Drew Peterson Speaks Out" (Ric Mims Interview)
RIC MIMS: The only thing I found out so far, that he has told me personally, is that he drove down to the airport [Cushing Field] where he kept his ultra light plane to put his FAA stickers on, which aren’t due till the first of the year and we’re talking he went down on the day she went missing. - MIKE: What do you think happened? - MIMS: I believe he buried her somewhere down near the airport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIKE: Do you think he buried her in that blue tub that everyone talks about? - RIC MIMS: Yes. - MIKE: You do. - RIC MIMS: Yes, I do, because the blue tub was brought up a bunch of times. And then when his, Thomas Morphey mentioned the tub with the silver handles. - MIKE: He helped him move it. - RIC MIMS: We used these big, blue tubs with the silver handles when we worked at the cable company to carry converter boxes in. And then the day I heard them say silver handles on the blue box, I knew immediately which box it was. I immediately grabbed pictures of the boxes I had that were similar.

abcnews.go.com
December 13, 2007

"Rick Mims, Peterson's long-time friend, told a grand jury last week that he and Peterson bought three such containers for about $100 from AmeriCable, where they both worked part-time in 2003, according to a source close to the investigation. Peterson put two of the containers on a shelf in his garage, but after Stacy vanished, so did the containers, Mims testified. A state prosecutor and the grand jurors themselves questioned Mims for approximately 10 minutes about the containers, the source said, asking in particular about the items' handles. Mims turned over photographs of the containers, and ABC News obtained copies of those photos. The new pictures have reportedly prompted state investigators, local police and volunteer searchers to shift their attention from what was originally thought to be a blue barrel to a square blue container."******************************************************************

11/27/2007 Julie Unruh (wgntv.trb.com) reporting (VIDEO): "Chicago Tribune is reporting tonight that a male relative said he helped Drew Peterson carry a large rectangular plastic container out of the Peterson bedroom on Oct 28th, this one day before Stacy Peterson was reported missing by relatives. The man who believes he assisted Peterson told a friend on Oct 28, quote, 'I think I just helped Drew dispose o

chicagotribune.com
November 28, 2007

The two men {Drew Peterson and Thomas Morphey, a step-brother] went to an upstairs bedroom and removed a large covered and sealed 4-foot-long rectangular plastic container and placed it in the SUV, the sources familiar with the case said. They left the home about 10 p.m., and Drew Peterson then dropped the relative off at his home, at which point the distraught man contacted a friend, saying words to the effect of, "I think I just helped Drew dispose of Stacy," the source said. The relative allegedly told the friend the plastic container was warm to the touch and may have weighed about 120 pounds, a source said."f his wife Stacy.

11/29/2007 Anita Padilla (www.myfoxchicago.com) reporting (VIDEO):
"Morphey Told Me...'I Don't Know What to Do, You Can't Tell Anyone'"
ANITA PADILLA: "In this exclusive interivew, Walter Martineck Jr. hasn't told anyone other than state police investigators what his good friend Thomas Morphey told him on the evening of October 28th, the very day Stacy Peterson disappeared. Morphey, he says was visably shaken." - WALTER: "Drew had taken him back to his house and said, 'Hey can you help me move something?' And Tom, you know, unwittingly, 'yeah okay I'll help ya' and he had gone upstairs to the master bedroom and brought a tote down, a blue tote, a seal blue tote and then he got really shooken up and he goes, 'I know she was in there.'

That is pretty much what I recall also. Just couldn't remember WM's name.

Leila, Do you recall talk of the container having metal handles and clasps? Here is a whole page of information about the container on ACANDYROSE website with various containers:

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_blue_container.htm

01/28/2008 (www.mandjshow.com) - The moring show with Mike and Juliet
"Long-time Friend of Drew Peterson Speaks Out" (Ric Mims Interview)
RIC MIMS: The only thing I found out so far, that he has told me personally, is that he drove down to the airport [Cushing Field] where he kept his ultra light plane to put his FAA stickers on, which aren’t due till the first of the year and we’re talking he went down on the day she went missing. - MIKE: What do you think happened? - MIMS: I believe he buried her somewhere down near the airport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIKE: Do you think he buried her in that blue tub that everyone talks about? - RIC MIMS: Yes. - MIKE: You do. - RIC MIMS: Yes, I do, because the blue tub was brought up a bunch of times. And then when his, Thomas Morphey mentioned the tub with the silver handles. - MIKE: He helped him move it. - RIC MIMS: We used these big, blue tubs with the silver handles when we worked at the cable company to carry converter boxes in. And then the day I heard them say silver handles on the blue box, I knew immediately which box it was. I immediately grabbed pictures of the boxes I had that were similar.

abcnews.go.com
December 13, 2007

"Rick Mims, Peterson's long-time friend, told a grand jury last week that he and Peterson bought three such containers for about $100 from AmeriCable, where they both worked part-time in 2003, according to a source close to the investigation. Peterson put two of the containers on a shelf in his garage, but after Stacy vanished, so did the containers, Mims testified. A state prosecutor and the grand jurors themselves questioned Mims for approximately 10 minutes about the containers, the source said, asking in particular about the items' handles. Mims turned over photographs of the containers, and ABC News obtained copies of those photos. The new pictures have reportedly prompted state investigators, local police and volunteer searchers to shift their attention from what was originally thought to be a blue barrel to a square blue container."******************************************************************

11/27/2007 Julie Unruh (wgntv.trb.com) reporting (VIDEO): "Chicago Tribune is reporting tonight that a male relative said he helped Drew Peterson carry a large rectangular plastic container out of the Peterson bedroom on Oct 28th, this one day before Stacy Peterson was reported missing by relatives. The man who believes he assisted Peterson told a friend on Oct 28, quote, 'I think I just helped Drew dispose o

chicagotribune.com
November 28, 2007

The two men {Drew Peterson and Thomas Morphey, a step-brother] went to an upstairs bedroom and removed a large covered and sealed 4-foot-long rectangular plastic container and placed it in the SUV, the sources familiar with the case said. They left the home about 10 p.m., and Drew Peterson then dropped the relative off at his home, at which point the distraught man contacted a friend, saying words to the effect of, "I think I just helped Drew dispose of Stacy," the source said. The relative allegedly told the friend the plastic container was warm to the touch and may have weighed about 120 pounds, a source said."f his wife Stacy.

11/29/2007 Anita Padilla (www.myfoxchicago.com) reporting (VIDEO):
"Morphey Told Me...'I Don't Know What to Do, You Can't Tell Anyone'"
ANITA PADILLA: "In this exclusive interivew, Walter Martineck Jr. hasn't told anyone other than state police investigators what his good friend Thomas Morphey told him on the evening of October 28th, the very day Stacy Peterson disappeared. Morphey, he says was visably shaken." - WALTER: "Drew had taken him back to his house and said, 'Hey can you help me move something?' And Tom, you know, unwittingly, 'yeah okay I'll help ya' and he had gone upstairs to the master bedroom and brought a tote down, a blue tote, a seal blue tote and then he got really shooken up and he goes, 'I know she was in there.'

Thanks so much Marsha, This info from way back puts a whole new light on the Blue Barrel. It wasn't a barrel after all but a container.

How did the word barrel get into the mix? I bet some journo :confused: Or Sandra Bellinger, as she used the word barrel way back in the beginning I think.

Off to bed but I think a container like is described here and shown in your photo earlier would have a good chance of getting caught in all the riff raff of the river bottom, handles and all. I hope they drag that river!

The 4' tote is what Tom helped carry down from the MB. Then it sounds like he had 3 more on shelves in the garage, unless one of the 3 was 4' long.

Off to bed but what a boon this is to our Sleuthing xox

Morning all -
Don't know if this has been addressed with all the discussion about breast implants but I used to work in surgery, several years ago, and helped "install" several breast implants. The preferred method varies depending on the type of implant (saline vs. silicone), the doctor, the age of the patient, physical fitness of the patient.......blah, blah, blah. Silicone was outlawed in 1992 and not reintroduced until Nov. 2006. Does anyone know when Stacy had her "repairs" done? That could narrow down the type rather quickly. The implants are usually placed under the muscle, gives a better aesthetic effect, especially with saline. Whether sutures were used or not depended more on whether it was under the muscle or on top of the muscle. Point being, if she was only bones left, the muscle and subcutaneous tissue holding the implant are long gone (sutured or not) and I'm sure the implant itself is gone with the tides. If they were silicone, it would be a different story. Those suckers will rupture and that stuff is impossible to get rid of. Extremely slippery, like solidified motor oil, or really sticky, thick pudding. That probably could have sunk to the bottom of the container and stayed there, depending on the currents, how the barrell broke, etc. They do have serial numbers, but they could probably narrow it way down by the size, shape and type even if they didn't find the serial number.

Additionally, there could be more than one blue container. If DP was smart enough to dismember Stacy to prevent ID, why would he be so stupid to put all the parts together in one container so they could be found together? That makes no sense to me. If you are going to go to that much trouble why put all your *eggs* in one basket, so-to-speak? Where where her tattoos? In the areas that are missing? Maybe he only put the unidentifiable parts in this particular container???? I sincerely hope not but.....perhaps a blue barrell and a square blue container with handles?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521593,00.html

Ted, given that, and let's just mentioned to the viewers that this week, human remains were found, believed to be a female, but the initial autopsy was inconclusive -- very close to where drew lived with Stacy and also very close to where Lisa Stebic, who has also been missing for about the same time, lived. And that case is getting more attention as the investigation continues into the disappearance of both of these mothers of children.

So the question is, this new information -- is there any chance he could be indicted now on the disappearance and suspected murder of white four?

Yes, the side table was missing............too......

but there was something, maybe someone can remember--speaking of Dow Chemical Company........something ????? about Drew ordering something from someone through Rick Mim's Company??????? Some chemical or Concrete?????? Can't remember...anyone?

Boy, it would be nice to have the old thread to refer to.............
Was it storage box's from a cable company of some sort or am I thinking of the wrong thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member