The SODDI Defense (Some Other Dude Did It)...If not KC, who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one else did it. KC killed Caylee.

C'mon now! Don't be a thread killah!

(You do realize this thread has only gone on this long because I haven't posted, don't you? Every time I respond to SODDI theories the thread gets locked, or the thread gets closed, or I tip toe up to a TO and get warned [nicely, of course]. ) :crazy:

This has been a great SODDI thread, with theories trying to be matched to facts in interesting ways.

(Hush DotsEyes and come sit quietly on the couch and keep this thread going.)

Ok, I am going to start by saying that what I think could possibly be a strategy Baez will take is a long shot, but here it is: Baez will throw Cindy under the bus.Sounds crazy, I know, but there is no obligation on his part to prove Cindy did it. The only objective he has is to create enough reasonable doubt to get Casey a not guilty verdict.

I'm with you on this, I think pinning it on CA is one of the only possible outs, the other being the ol' double twist defense... That is, have you noticed that all the evidence points toward KC, that in it self to some would prove she didn't do it. One could speculate that had she really done it, there would be some evidence pointing toward her innocence. However, being all the evidence points towards her, shows the evidence has been manipulated to make her look guilty!

I have avoided this thread, but thought I would just pop in. After reading some 200 SODDIs, I really don't see one that would work. I entertained the *advertiser censored* theory (post #64), but why return the dead child to KC? Why not lure her to them and kill her too? They could not count on KC keeping it quiet. Then there is the rapist theory (post #82) about the rapist in the area at the time of Caylee's disappearance. I don't see anyone walking up to their garage and witnessing the rape and murder of their child and agreeing to keep quiet about it. Besides, as stated before, there is no evidence this man was ever a pedophile.

The problem for KC is, there is a small window of opportunity for anyone besides KC to have murdered her child. We are talking about 4-6 hours here from the time someone saw KC with Caylee to the time she was photographed at Blockbuster with AL sans Caylee.

There is the trunk evidence, 31 days and the phone call KC supposedly received from Caylee on July 16th. I have always thought that one lie about the phone call will be what seals KC's coffin.

As for SOD, if the defense could come up with one person, just one person from her story about ZFG and prove that they are real, perhaps they may have a shot at a defense. Not only can they not find the ZFG, her sisters, her roommates, her mother, Juliette, Jeff or Zachary, they can't find ANYONE who has ever seen or talked to any of these people.

She is really in a world of hurt for a defense if you ask me, so no, I can't think of any SODI scenario that would fit within those 4-6 hours that Caylee was with KC.

Oh I'm finding it very entertaining especially the part where she calls JB (at his office) while she's at the police station. "Hi it's Casey, is Jose there?" And with the detectives, she's her chatty little self, laughing and having a good ol' time. :D

Doing her nails, and even flirting, a little.

Oh, and as an afterthought-- I have a missing child.

And, those mean old media people are persecuting me!

I have avoided this thread, but thought I would just pop in. After reading some 200 SODDIs, I really don't see one that would work. I entertained the *advertiser censored* theory (post #64), but why return the dead child to KC? Why not lure her to them and kill her too? They could not count on KC keeping it quiet. Then there is the rapist theory (post #82) about the rapist in the area at the time of Caylee's disappearance. I don't see anyone walking up to their garage and witnessing the rape and murder of their child and agreeing to keep quiet about it. Besides, as stated before, there is no evidence this man was ever a pedophile.

The problem for KC is, there is a small window of opportunity for anyone besides KC to have murdered her child. We are talking about 4-6 hours here from the time someone saw KC with Caylee to the time she was photographed at Blockbuster with AL sans Caylee.

There is the trunk evidence, 31 days and the phone call KC supposedly received from Caylee on July 16th. I have always thought that one lie about the phone call will be what seals KC's coffin.

As for SOD, if the defense could come up with one person, just one person from her story about ZFG and prove that they are real, perhaps they may have a shot at a defense. Not only can they not find the ZFG, her sisters, her roommates, her mother, Juliette, Jeff or Zachary, they can't find ANYONE who has ever seen or talked to any of these people.

She is really in a world of hurt for a defense if you ask me, so no, I can't think of any SODI scenario that would fit within those 4-6 hours that Caylee was with KC.

Yep! That about sums it up!

Well now, speaking of 5 guys in the neighborhood. Weren't there 5 guys who found the strings tied to bomb-looking objects buried near where Caylee's body was later found? We haven't heard much from them since their statements to LE were released in the first or second doc dump. They could make likely candidates to point the finger towards. Anyone think this is worth exploring?

Can a connection to KC be made? Including a means of communicating?

Agreed, IMO, we have yet to hear a SOD, that even a child would fall for. Seems like the DP qualified attorney wanted to try an insanity defense, which to my way of thinking, makes it pretty clear they know she did it, and the only point of debate is how to defend what she has done.

Well, you had the best idea. Claim accident, and throw hersle on the mercy of the court.

But, it ainta gonna happen.

JBean would you know who were the 2 guys who did visit Casey during her first incarceration?
I have asked this a 1/6 dz. times. with no reply.
I posted their names - it seems like a bazaar visit since KC was clueless as to who they really were?

They were a couple of guys from KC's high school.

They didn't really know her. She brushed them off, and the guys never came back.

Verité;3791211 said:
I've never believed that "story." Ya ever hear of an ambulance chaser. . . ?

JB lives about a mile away from the dude that owns Fusian, according to a poster who googled the addresses. Maybe JB bumped into him as a fellow neighborhood entrepreneur when he had his two "bikini" stores that were listed in that FLB complaint that detailed his activities prior to finally passing the bar, IIRC.

IMO, KC would have called Fusian buddies for help before comparison shopping with other inmates. Either that, or he just showed up after being tipped off. He certainly didn't waste much time trying to garner media deals for her that first month. And I found an old wftv article from Sept in which LP insisted that JB made him sign a waiver prohibiting LP from making media deals from her story before he let him bail her out. So he was lining up the money stuff long before he was looking at defense strategy it would appear.

Verité;3791272 said:
bolded mine

But they dare not open their traps about a stalker who takes gas cans from their shed, steals their checks, and plasters dead squirrels to the frames of their cars!
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

I'm with you on this, I think pinning it on CA is one of the only possible outs, the other being the ol' double twist defense... That is, have you noticed that all the evidence points toward KC, that in it self to some would prove she didn't do it. One could speculate that had she really done it, there would be some evidence pointing toward her innocence. However, being all the evidence points towards her, shows the evidence has been manipulated to make her look guilty!

Nah! That's an old Sharon Stone flick. Madonna did it, too, but her flick was a dog.

:couch::couch:
C'mon now! Don't be a thread killah!

(You do realize this thread has only gone on this long because I haven't posted, don't you? Every time I respond to SODDI theories the thread gets locked, or the thread gets closed, or I tip toe up to a TO and get warned [nicely, of course]. ) :crazy:

This has been a great SODDI thread, with theories trying to be matched to facts in interesting ways.

(Hush DotsEyes and come sit quietly on the couch and keep this thread going.)
:couch::couch::couch:

JB lives about a mile away from the dude that owns Fusian, according to a poster who googled the addresses. Maybe JB bumped into him as a fellow neighborhood entrepreneur when he had his two "bikini" stores that were listed in that FLB complaint that detailed his activities prior to finally passing the bar, IIRC.

IMO, KC would have called Fusian buddies for help before comparison shopping with other inmates.
Either that, or he just showed up after being tipped off. He certainly didn't waste much time trying to garner media deals for her that first month. And I found an old wftv article from Sept in which LP insisted that JB made him sign a waiver prohibiting LP from making media deals from her story before he let him bail her out. So he was lining up the money stuff long before he was looking at defense strategy it would appear.

In response to the sentence I bolded...

LE knows who Casey called the day Casey was arrested. They know who Casey called afterwards. The jail taped her calls.

IIRC, Casey's friends (Fusian or otherwise) weren't rushing to pick up the phone if they got calls from Orange County Jail.

LE bugged Tony's phones.

How did Casey get in touch with her Fusian friends to hear about Baez?

Your post edited for brevity by me:

Princess, you miss the point, there was no contact, no phone, no email, no personal contact, no contact whatsoever. I believe it was you that put forth the idea that at the party she was contacted by the stalker, and I pointed out that was not possible because she was with friends, and all her cell phone calls have been checked out. There is no contact, not one phone call, not one email... no contact what so ever, this we know. This would leave a stalker that never made contact, and stole Caylee away without her ever seeing who it was, which is not the story she tells. Could she be going to her death to protect a stalker she has never seen, a stalker who killed her daughter... Ahhh No...

The only way you can make this SOD defense work out is if you suspend the laws of nature and gravity. One must make a trip to Hollywood to come up with any plot whatsoever. Add to that her conduct, and it's an open shut, bye KC type deal.

My stalker NEVER contacted me by mail, cell phone, texting, personal notes or any other traceable way. I saw him in person around the apartment complex and he secretly entered my apartment and took things - in such a subtle way I didn't realize it. When I finally had to call police, I didn't know who my stalker was - in fact, I thought it was the first incident - and a scary one at that - a man under my bed with a knife! It turned out, however that the man had been stalking me for 2 years and had lots of lots of my things in his apartment!

Now as to Casey, at the party, her friends said she disappeared for 1 hour. So, yes, it is definitely possible that she was contacted by a stalker, unbeknownst to them, during this time - and by that, I mean he followed her to the party, got her attention and spoke to her outside or somewhere nearby and scared her and that is why she was crying at the party. Sometimes, I wonder if the incident at the party was the begining of everything and the reason Casey moved on to another group of friends without letter her core group know where she was. I also think of Cindy asking Casey about her silver Tiffany heart ring and where it was and Casey didn't know. Oh, she might have pawned it or sold it to someone - although it would be worth practically nothing, but if you take into account what my stalker took (which included a heart shaped ring), it could be that he took that ring as part of his collection.

With ONLY the prosecutions evidence to go from, it is difficult to put together a SODDI defense, but much can be inferred of a stalker in reading all of the interviews. I'm not saying that I am 100% certain this is REALLY what happened, yes, it may be that Casey killed Caylee in a rage or that there was a terrible accident and Caylee died and this has all been a coverup and a poor one at that, but I am willing to at least consider that it might have been someone else. We, of course, won't know for sure until the trial is complete.

IMO, KC would have called Fusian buddies for help before comparison shopping with other inmates. Either that, or he just showed up after being tipped off. He certainly didn't waste much time trying to garner media deals for her that first month. And I found an old wftv article from Sept in which LP insisted that JB made him sign a waiver prohibiting LP from making media deals from her story before he let him bail her out. So he was lining up the money stuff long before he was looking at defense strategy it would appear.

Great minds and all that! This is the same theory I've held, but made sure I didn't tell anyone for fear of being taught a lesson (like being forced to participate in a "hot body contest" next time they're short of help).

I only see one way this defense would work.....show some proof.Did KC tell anyone she thought she had a stalker?

Yes, she told one of her friends that someone was tampering with her car.

Call LE?

No, if it was someone Casey knew, she probably mistakingly thought she could "handle it." If you recall, she told the 911 operator as much. A lot of times the stalking victim will think the person is their friend or just a pesky friend and not want to get the person in trouble, so they won't report them until it is too late. In other cases, the stalking victim will not even realized they are being stalked.

were there notes?flowers? phone calls? text messages? anything on the computer?

Most likely not. When I was stalked I didn't have anything like that. He did, however, gather quite a bit of my personal property.

If there is absolutely no evidence then no one will buy it.
KC would probably have to take the stand to explain this and I don't see that happening.
I hope your stalker was convicted :)

Yes, my stalker was finally caught - he was hiding under my bed with a knife and spotted by my boyfriend who had sat down on my sofa. He got me out of the apartment in such a way my stalker did not realize he had been spotted and watched the door while I called the police. Only then did I realize that:

A. I had had a stalker for 2 years.
B. It was my maintenance man who had always been nice to me
C. He had a knife, so obviously he had bad intentions

and finally,

The police found a bunch of my things at his home including a ring, underwear and other trinkets - but it was not just my stuff - there were several other women in my apartment building he apparently was doing the same thing with!

Lenamon, a death penalty expert, wrote a report explaining why Anthony's case doesn't fit the state's criteria for the death penalty. Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee, and the state is seeking the death penalty.

Lenamon said he had a very limited time with Anthony. He said he and Baez had "a disagreement over strategy over mental-health mitigation."

Translation? "I am suggesting a route to take, and Mr. Baez is disagreeing with me. He is lead counsel."

Lenamon said he had great concern over the case's future because of media exposure. He feared that "the death penalty lawyer who will be brought in will be rubber-stamping a preplanned defense."

"I am suggesting that whoever that lawyer is has to be independent of the strategy in evaluating the case," Lenamon added.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...v-coverage-of-his-nancy-grace-appearance.html

Now that is a very interesting piece of information because it implies to me that Lenamon thinks Casey has mental health mitigating issues. I remember the FBI agent telling George that they could see a difference in Casey before age 20 and after age 20. She had Caylee around age 19 or 20 - this suggests to me undiagnosed or untreated postpartum depression may be a factor in the case. Abandoning your job for no good reason is an act of a depressed person who just feels that they can no longer cope. Casey's rage behavior when questioned is also an indication of depression. Sometimes I wonder if Casey felt that since her mom made her keep Caylee, then her mom should have to support them both and quit working passive-aggressively.

Thanks for your input. I said that I know it seems crazy, as someone else said, then Baez (paraphrasing) is ready for a mental institution. Yet, if the evidence is compelling as presented by the DA then certain aspects of it will point the finger at the Anthony residence. So, if Baez insinuates about another resident of that address, maybe CA. These could theoretically cause enough jurors to have reasonable doubt, and result in a non-guilty verdict. I think Baez will do whatever he can, no matter how crazy it may seem to the public, in order to have the best chance at getting KC found not-guilty.

If the evidence leads back to the house, then he can make a case against someone else in that house. Exlcuding the imaginanny with an imaginary key to the property, there are three or so people left - GA, CA,L. Just running the possible scenarios through my mind - I do believe HB would not be above implicating another family member if he thought it would play a case for KC's innocence. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77