GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

This is a bizarre story. It is not unheard of for an accident to be staged in order to kidnap someone, but it would seem someone would have seen something where it happened. Was there any mention of weapons used to kidnap them?

One thing sticks out to me: They were on the way to a doctor's appointment for her daughter. I hate to throw this in, but what if this appointment would have uncovered things the family wanted to hide such as sexual abuse or physical abuse?

We aren't the only ones who are suspicious:

The case is being treated as a carjacking and abduction, according to Weigman, who read the statement alongside Chief of Bucks County Detectives Chris McAteer. However, very little evidence has emerged to support initial reports, investigators said.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/28/2009/may/27/mom-child-missing.html

Getting some info on mom from people who know her--from what I am now gathering...mom is well respected in community....trying to specifics and will post pictures of the area a little later...
I have a doctor (docj227) on my board and he has this to say about her.

i know bonnie very well. she is a very sweet lady. she and her husband also have a baby that they spent years in infertility treatment to conceive. very very sad

Amber Alert-Pennsylvania-Mother and daughter - foruminternationaltalk.com

I admit, my knowledge of Pennsylvania is sketchy. Is this all strictly in town areas or are there wooded areas like parks or wildlife preserves near where this happened?

Thanks for the article. It also mentions that the cadillac found that they took for evidence is not connected?

Something is strange here. Maybe there was no cadillac? Just mom's abandoned car? Either they were abducted or not?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/l..._abducted_in_Bucks_County.html?cmpid=16339736
snippet:
A police officer found Sweeten's Yukon Denali was found about 1:30 a.m. today at 15th and Chestnut Streets in Center City, two blocks from the cell phone tower that picked up Sweeten's calls. police said. A parking ticket was on the windshield.

Police also impounded a black Cadillac in Hunting Park with damage to its front end, but the FBI indicated this morning that it was not linked to the case.

Although this article says FBI said Cadillac they confiscated in north phila is not connected to the case, we really don't know that for sure.
LE has been known to keep certain details close to the vest in an effort to make the perps think they are safe, not on to them.
Could be LE has run prints and trying to locate the suspect(s)while off-guard.

Also--traffic via 95 into the city traveling south via woodhaven or street road (in bensalem--about 8 miles away) is an easier and quicker commute than exiting center city and traveling North on 95 where all the commuters are coming back to the suburbs...Traffic going into the city would be heaviest morning rush

I admit, my knowledge of Pennsylvania is sketchy. Is this all strictly in town areas or are there wooded areas like parks or wildlife preserves near where this happened?

bucks county USED to be very rural--it encompasses Washington's crossing and New Hope as well...Some areas are rural but our town is actually fairly suburban--too much growth from people wanting to live outside of Philadelphia....

I posted a link to the Southampton police station --which is RIGHT close to "abduction/accident" site...tenths of a mile and if you zoom you can get a better look:)

Thanks for the article. It also mentions that the cadillac found that they took for evidence is not connected?

Something is strange here. Maybe there was no cadillac? Just mom's abandoned car? Either they were abducted or not?

I am "thinking" Cadillac used to "bump" Denali--:waitasec:

Strange that the car was ticketed such a short time after the abduction. Was the car at a meter?

That is quick...you could make it to CC but I don't see time to get a parking ticket...but if you know your way around and "how" to drive you CAN make it to CC in a half hour as I've done it.

In one of the articles, the ex-husband says he doesn't know why someone would do that and that the family has no money. The mom was driving a Denali- that's a pretty nice SUV, right? Does the mom's new husband have money? And WHERE IS HE? Haven't heard anything from him...

The biggest problem with her story is ..it doesn't make sense from the get go! No way could she have been forced into the truck at THAT intersection without someone seeing something.......and her story goes downhill from there.

I posted a street view link of the intersection in the missing located forum thread. There are two gas stations and there should be video to at least verify the events.

That is quick...you could make it to CC but I don't see time to get a parking ticket...but if you know your way around and "how" to drive you CAN make it to CC in a half hour as I've done it.

Where I live, it is very rare to get a ticket within minutes of parking, even if you put no money in the meter. Fishy... but could just be a coincidence.

Did anyone catch the news conference this morning by chance?

okay--local news on in a few minutes--gonna monitor all three--:crazy:

I've gotten tickets in center city Phila within minutes of parking.
They can be very quick with the pen here

Just reading on AOL and they are reporting the SUV was found?? Is this right??

Where I live, it is very rare to get a ticket within minutes of parking, even if you put no money in the meter. Fishy... but could just be a coincidence.

I live in Scranton, PA and have to park at meters for work. What they do here is walk through each area every couple of hours. If it is a 15 min parking area and the car wasn't there the last time they walked through, you won't get a ticket but if you are at a meter that is expired you will get a ticket regardless of how long you have been there, except if you are sitting in your car. Not sure if that helps but thats how they check meters here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back