GUILTY FL - Charles Rogers, 70, disabled, found decapitated, Fort Myers, 29 May 2009

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19607317/detail.html

Homeless Man Faces Murder Charges In Lee County Incident

POSTED: Friday, May 29, 2009
UPDATED: 10:11 pm EDT May 29, 2009

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- A southwest Florida homeless man brutally beheaded a wheelchair-bound man who was letting the suspect stay at his apartment, deputies said.

Lee County Sheriff's deputies went to Charles Rogers' home Thursday and found his body still in the wheelchair. His head was placed near the front door.

Authorities said Robert Cope was staying with 70-year-old Rogers. Neighbors said Rogers was a Good Samaritan type who often helped people.

And this poor elderly man took this man in to give him a place to stay.

Our world seems to be swirling down into madness at times. The murders just get more and more heinous and gruesome.

imo

UNREAL. Are people now possessed. It is not enough to kill someone- now it has to be grotesque.

This is why I support the death penalty. And why is it second degree murder?

God bless you, Mr. Charles Rogers. May you rest in peace, knowing that you lived a good life and were an example to many. . . .

Unfortunately, I think a large portion of the homeless population are mentally ill, and the system is so broken,they fall through the cracks and are out on the street. It is like liivng in a nightmare or a real-life version of Night Of The Living Dead or something. :eek:

I'm a little old lady living on a fixed income, but I am very blessed in having a decent roof over my head, food on the table, adequate clothing, a computer, tv, etc. Nothing fancy, just the basics. I have pondered sharing my home with someone less fortunate but for some reason shied away from doing so. Now, it has been brought home to me why it isn't a good idea. And yet, there are so many out there who could/should be helped. This senseless crime has made it harder for all homeless people.

Unfortunately, I think a large portion of the homeless population are mentally ill, and the system is so broken,they fall through the cracks and are out on the street. It is like liivng in a nightmare or a real-life version of Night Of The Living Dead or something. :eek:

Agree. There are many homeless that are down on their luck with no place to live, but there are also many homeless that are mentally ill and live on the street by choice. They cannot handle where they are in life and can be violent. This wheelchair bound man should be commended for his compassion but taking a person you do not know their history into your home is a huge risk. This is a cruel outcome for his kind act.

This makes me think of Robert Durst. He was not homeless, but he was living well below his millionaire status in poverty. He was suspected of a previous murder when he brutally killed his neighbor and dumped his body into Galveston Bay.

SOrry this is a smart *ss comment but.. Well I guess he wont be homeless anylonger.. I suspect he has a home for life and 3 squares a day.

HOwever I feel terribly for this man who was so generous in trying to help someone down on their luck and in need of help. Thank goodness there are some out there who are generous.. unortunately this mans kindness was unjustified in this case. I am so sorry that this went so awry for him.. he didnt deserve this. My prayers and symapthies to his family and friends. I hope the warmth and kindess of this man comforts them now.

You know, the Bible talks about opening your door to the poor and helpless but there's no way I would do that anymore! I'm afraid my kids would no longer have a mother!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back