FL - Breastfeeding Baby Ejected from Car During Accident

MomofBoys

Future Bucs QB
Reaction score
Unbelievable

The baby must have run out of milk and started sucking out its mother's brain. It'd be the only possible explanation for this stupidity.

First of all, the car seat was in the front passenger seat. Which is completely irresponsible. Second of all, she took the baby OUT OF THE SEAT and fed her, in the front seat, while the car was going down the highway! Then, she pulled out in front of a garbage truck going through a green light!

I pray for this baby with all my heart, but man. The parents need to be charged.

My prayers for this family. I have been known to take an infant out of his carseat and breastfeed him while the car was in motion, so I'm not going to throw stones. While that surely wasn't the BEST parenting decision I ever made, I "get" it.

Unbelievable

The baby must have run out of milk and started sucking out its mother's brain. It'd be the only possible explanation for this stupidity.

First of all, the car seat was in the front passenger seat. Which is completely irresponsible. Second of all, she took the baby OUT OF THE SEAT and fed her, in the front seat, while the car was going down the highway! Then, she pulled out in front of a garbage truck going through a green light!

I pray for this baby with all my heart, but man. The parents need to be charged.

I don't know I realy,really worry about a lot of these young parents today. It's like alot of them have know common sense what so ever. :waitasec:

My prayers for this family. I have been known to take an infant out of his carseat and breastfeed him while the car was in motion, so I'm not going to throw stones. While that surely wasn't the BEST parenting decision I ever made, I "get" it.

You probably weren't driving the car.

:( I hope the baby will be okay. It's sad the mother made such a poor choice to nurse her baby in a moving vehicle. Poor little thing.

You probably weren't driving the car.

I don't think she was driving.

The report says the driver of the car told them his name was Vincente Rodriguez. However, police said they are not sure this is his real name, as he gave them a Mexican driver's license with a different name.

I'm just of the opinion that if a baby isn't actively choking or in some kind of distress critical to its life, it should be in a certified restraint at all times. Let the child fuss for the two minutes it takes you to pull over (if that) and if you can't make your destination on time otherwise, then the baby should either be home with a sitter or you should cancel the other obligation.

There are too many stories like this. Breast is best, but it only takes one bad move (yours or another driver's) to turn that infant into a human air bag. If the actual air bag doesn't kill it first.

Removing a baby from a restraint in a moving vehicle is a criminal offense in Florida, I believe, and if it's not it should be.

Yep, I've done it, too, though only a few times on long road trips.

I cant understand that.. what on earth was she thinking.. dear lord this baby is paying for her idiotic decison. Wow I have fed a bby inthe car but killed myself by controting myself so I could feed and keep the baby in the seat.. not my finest moment and I could have used a few gymnastic skills for doing it but just too darn scared of something happening.. my first road trip we stopped everytime I needed to feed. it took us 2 days in stead of the 10 hours it was supposed to because of the many many stops.. getting there safely was more important then getting there fast.

hoep this baby can recover but I sincerely hope these folks use better judgement in the future.. bad enought to take such a risk by themselves but involving a baby in the process. just plain dumb...

I've certainly been very tempted, especially when my youngest was a newborn and needed to feed for 45 minutes every hour and a half, but I never actually did it. No offense to the moms were honest and admitted they did it, but I think it's negligent behavior and if this baby dies, it should be manslaughter. At least.

I've certainly been very tempted, especially when my youngest was a newborn and needed to feed for 45 minutes every hour and a half, but I never actually did it. No offense to the moms were honest and admitted they did it, but I think it's negligent behavior and if this baby dies, it should be manslaughter. At least.

As SCM said, it was not the best parenting decision. Most often, I nursed my 4 DS while they were in their car seats.

I'll never forget when my car broke down when I was moving from Miami up here. The Enterprise guy came to pick us up to take me, my Mom, my 2 DS and my cat to Enterprise to get a rental car. My 5 month old DS was SCREAMING and I was in the back seat next to him, so I "whipped it out" to nurse him. At the same time, the Enterprise guy turned to look in the back seat (prolly cuz my son was screaming so loud). My Mom said, "No, don't look back there!!":)

The Enterprise guy quickly turned to the front and didn't look in the back seat again:)

BTW: The reason my car broke down is cuz I accidentally put diesel in it. I'll NEVER make that mistake again!!
:crazy:

I don't think she was driving.

Sorry everyone,the way I read it she pulled out in front of a truck going thru a greenlight. I just couldn' imagine driving and feeding a baby. Now I see even though it may not have been the wisest decision,I also could have made the same honest mistake.:blowkiss:

I don't know I realy,really worry about a lot of these young parents today. It's like alot of them have know common sense what so ever. :waitasec:

It's interesting, you know. I'm certainly a fan of all the safety features we have nowadays that were not SOP when I was young. (One of my good friends rode home from the hospital in a laundry basket, for heaven's sake!) But still, many of us survived all sorts of things that are considered downright criminal today.

It's interesting, you know. I'm certainly a fan of all the safety features we have nowadays that were not SOP when I was young. (One of my good friends rode home from the hospital in a laundry basket, for heaven's sake!) But still, many of us survived all sorts of things that are considered downright criminal today.

LoL . You are so right !! Things were so much safer and different it seems back then.

LoL . You are so right !! Things were so much safer and different it seems back then.

A year or so ago, we purchased a trampoline for our boys. I even posted a thread in the Jury Room to get some WS feedback, which was a mixed bag of "Go for it - we LOVE ours!" and "Are you out of you ever-lovin' mind?! Your children will be paraplegics before they reach middle school!""

Anyway, I chuckle at our trampoline which has thick pads over all the springs and is enclosed by a giant safety net which we dutifully replace (at considerable expense) whenever our boys shred it to ribbons....growing up, my best friend when I was in 1st, 2nd grade had a trampoline with no net (had such a thing even been imagined?!) and bare rusty springs that pinched your fingers and legs if you weren't careful. And we used to pile on that thing - WAY too many of us - and play popcorn where you deliberately try to bounce each other off - for hours at a time. No broken bones that I can recall - some knocked noggins and pulled muscles, perhaps.

Times sure have changed!!:)

A year or so ago, we purchased a trampoline for our boys. I even posted a thread in the Jury Room to get some WS feedback, which was a mixed bag of "Go for it - we LOVE ours!" and "Are you out of you ever-lovin' mind?! Your children will be paraplegics before they reach middle school!""

Anyway, I chuckle at our trampoline which has thick pads over all the springs and is enclosed by a giant safety net which we dutifully replace (at considerable expense) whenever our boys shred it to ribbons....growing up, my best friend when I was in 1st, 2nd grade had a trampoline with no net (had such a thing even been imagined?!) and bare rusty springs that pinched your fingers and legs if you weren't careful. And we used to pile on that thing - WAY too many of us - and play popcorn where you deliberately try to bounce each other off - for hours at a time. No broken bones that I can recall - some knocked noggins and pulled muscles, perhaps.

Times sure have changed!!:)

I can attest to that :eek: I was one of their many victims!

Thank you for that southcitymom. I was just sitting here thinking to myself, hmmmm....... when we were little and when my own daughter was little, do you know what the seat belt was? Mom's arm swinging over to hold you back. My daughter still laughs about that as I did that to everybody and everything that was ever sitting in the passenger seat while I drove, even groceries. It took me many years to get out of that habit and there have been times that I still revert to it even though the passenger is seatbelted in. There were no such thing as child seats back then, just those little baby carriers with thick gauge wire bent to form the bottom. I don't even recall what they were called back then. But nothing like the fancy deals they have now that seatbelt into the seat.

I believe it means people were free from so much government control back then, and the plan to force seat belts, air bags, car seats, and a host of other "safety" devices on the populace for financial gain, hadn't been thought of yet.

Let me sound like a real monster here while I'm at it. Back in the good ole days if I chose to carry my baby in my lap while riding in a car, and something happened and it died, I had the sadness of a baby to bury and that was that. No one thought of me as a monster and life went on. Today everyone is too happy to force you to do what "they", meaning the entity making MONEY from the sale of these "safety" items, conclude from their studies which someone also got paid for - no doubt someone's relative, or some such. Figures lie and liars figure.

I honest, and truly, believe it should be an individual's choice whether or not to use these "safety" devices, the same way it should be the individual's choice to vaccinate their child or not since we have good evidence some vaccines are not safe. Do the doctor's go to jail when a child dies or becomes autistic? Same thing in my book, and there are plenty more examples, like bad substances in baby formula, etc.

BTW, I managed to keep 6 kids alive without car seats, seat belts, air bags, what have you - so did my parents and grandparents. If Paul Revere were making his ride in today's world he would have been arrested for not being belted onto the horse or keeping both hands on the reins.

If anyone needs to give me flak it is your right to exercise your freedom of speech and that was hard-fought and won with blood so people could be free from the tyrany I believe we are forced to put up with these days.

My opinion only

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back