MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Is the bag cement comes in semi waterproof?
Hubby just said, left in rain the cement would be ruined, but are they doubled bagged, could that bag hold enough water to work with mixing the cement?

No. They're brown paper. Sometimes people stack them up, for instance when building a culvert, and the water soaks through the paper to form bag shaped blocks.

The concrete was poured dry out of the bag according to reports and water was poured over it. That's not an uncommon way to use Quik-crete. The beer can was under the concrete, therefore could not have been used to carry the river water. Aside from that, a beer can only holds 12 oz. It would have taken about a gazillion trips.

If they came prepared with Quik-crete and a shovel, they probably also had a bucket.

Chilly - do you have a link that says water was poured over the Quickcrete? The more I think about this, the more I don't think a bucket was needed since the area was so close to the river. JMHO.

:)

they" are the people who are accountable for anything that you can't remember the original source for.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=they

Thanks BB, xox

I would have thought "they" was used for an indefinate third person, but the sheriff slipped and said "collusion" instead of conclusion in Friday's? presser. Why would that particular word pop out? (Though he also said medical examinator instead of examiner, soo...)

He was a little flustered, and who can blame him.

Hi Neptunian, That was very interesting. In the article it also said SS like one than one perp had not been ruled out.

Question: Is the bag cement comes in semi waterproof?
Hubby just said, left in rain the cement would be ruined, but are they doubled bagged, could that bag hold enough water to work with mixing the cement?
Hubby is right. Although the bags are somewhat moisture resistant they are not at all waterproof. Even sustained exposure to high humidity will eventually cause the mix to start to hydrate.

The bag wouldn't be nearly strong enough to mix in. You have to be careful just moving them around. They tear easily.

Chilly - do you have a link that says water was poured over the Quickcrete? The more I think about this, the more I don't think a bucket wasn't needed since the area was so close to the river. JMHO.

:)

I'm off to link land....if I'm not back in 10 minutes someone come find me.

No. They're brown paper. Sometimes people stack them up, for instance when building a culvert, and the water soaks through the paper to form bag shaped blocks.

They're definitely not waterproof. Basically, they're double paper grocery bags. They have thicker paper then grocery bags, but not much.

I didn't express myself well. I'm not assuming multiple perps either. Not consciously. But for some reason when I type these posts I find myself editing away plurals. I wonder if my subconscious is trying to tell me something.

respectfully snipped 42~! And BTW.. I think this is sleuth thought of the day! I too keep finding myself saying "they" and using pleural. What the he!! is up with that? I think you verbalized something very important here!

I saw a photo of a small, dark green ,S10-type truck (in one of the earlier threads) someone had put up as belonging to one of the SO's. It had a matching cap on the bed and was being mistakenly referred to as a van. It was parked in front of the SO's place. Anyone know which photo I'm talking about?

I saw a photo of a small, dark green ,S10-type truck (in one of the earlier threads) someone had put up as belonging to one of the SO's. It had a matching cap on the bed and was being mistakenly referred to as a van. It was parked in front of the SO's place. Anyone know which photo I'm talking about?
maybe the guy we believed was the myspace scam guy.

LOL!

And, I need to correct my post so it reads something like I don't believe a bucket was needed.

This is the link to the original video report stating that it appeared the concrete mix had been poured dry into the grave and the water poured over it, but it's now a weather radar. See that area right above the final R in Sky Tracker? That's where I live.

I'll look for another link.

Oops....forgot the link, not that there's anything to see there.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/generic/news/live_stream_2

respectfully snipped 42~! And BTW.. I think this is sleuth thought of the day! I too keep finding myself saying "they" and using pleural. What the he!! is up with that? I think you verbalized something very important here!

quoting my own self to clarify on the they... I can see more than one person being involved... and whenever I try to write about the perp I seem to want to pluralize... not because I live in Michigan or anything LOL...

another question: what was the weather like the evening of the 25th? I am having a hard time believing it was warm enough in mich to go barefoot and wear shorts at 6 oclock at night in May.

Thanks, I was wondering how someone parked behind the guard rail, now I see. I also have a mislabeled video story showing the disposal site near the river and report on clues if interested. It does appear to be the same spot.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/19673182/index.html
I'm fairly certain it is. In the video you linked (thanks, btw) you can see in the aerial shots where the road guardrail ends. There isn't anywhere else near there with just that combination of features.

another question: what was the weather like the evening of the 25th? I am having a hard time believing it was warm enough in mich to go barefoot and wear shorts at 6 oclock at night in May.

((nurse raises hand)) I can answer that. The first foxtoledo articles and tweets that came out on this case actually mentioned that one of the main reasons they were concerned was because of the low temperature and the fact that Neveah had not been dressed for it. They made underlined and bolded note that she had no shoes or socks on and was in jean shorts with a short sleeved shirt and could be subjected to the elements.

((eta: low temperature meaning low temperature at night))

does anyone else find it strange that news crews were allowed down to the burial site so soon after the find???????

ETA: could this be a defense bone of contention to pick when the perp who is good for this goes to trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123