Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion

I think they think she is lying because she has done something with Haleigh. It appears to them she is lying and she is hiding the truth. KEY is such a nice word, isn't it?...POI or Suspect could work but LE seems to be applying poliltical correctness these days.

If Timeline does not work, then they know she is deceiving them. If Ron isn't involved, he probably knows he has to behave or he is going to jail along with her.

I wouldn't call a national news media organization claiming that Crystal "ran away" a DNA fiasco. I would call that misreporting bordering on slander.

She had every right to be very upset by that.

I agree... along with reporting that she did not arrive in Satsuma until nearly noon which is so widely taken as fact. Seems some of our media are biased, too.

I think they think she is lying because she has done something with Haleigh. It appears to them she is lying and she is hiding the truth. KEY is such a nice word, isn't it?...POI or Suspect could work but LE seems to be applying poliltical correctness these days.

If Timeline does not work, then they know she is deceiving them. If Ron isn't involved, he probably knows he has to behave or he is going to jail along with her.

I would expect that anyone involved in a cover-up will also serve some time. Poor Jr - first he loses his sister and, if there is a coverup, who knows who else will not be be there for him as he grows up ? It's a shame. He's such a cute little guy.

LE has stated that Misty is NOT a suspect.
"Captain Schauland told First Coast News Friday, "I would not list Misty as a suspect. We just want to get the timeline straightened out. Our most important thing is finding Haleigh. That's more important than anything else. And Misty's the key to that."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=295

So, according to Capt. Schauland - she is NOT a suspect and is the key to the timeline. It seems to me that in a missing child case, the last person to see the child would be the key to determining the timeline.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=295

So, according to Capt. Schauland - she is NOT a suspect and is the key to the timeline. It seems to me that in a missing child case, the last person to see the child would be the key to determining the timeline.

It may be unimportant for some to note that Capt. Schauland did NOT say she is not a suspect. He said HE would not list her as a suspect. That says to me that there is an opening to allow that someone more actively involved in the case IS considering her a suspect. It may be just semantics, but in this case, it has been evidenced time and again that what a person says and how they say it matters more than the inference of what they're saying by others. "I would not list her......" Capt, who would list her, then?

Hmmm this statement was published on March 13th. Almost 3 months later, I wonder if LE has changed their mind...

(snipped)

Judging by the round table meeting between PCSO & the FBI that took place on Friday, I'd say she is no more a suspect than she was 3 months ago. They stated that there are no suspects, but no one has been eliminated.

Once a person is labeled a suspect, different rules apply. They aren't going to say "suspect" because it will have legal ramifications later regarding their investigation into the person.

<<LE has stated that Misty is NOT a suspect.>> snipped from Artherella post

WELL, I guess you can take that to the bank with you when you make a deposit for Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson, and almost every other suspect since OJ.

Misty is NOT a suspect....she is a KEY....code word for POI (susbstituted for the term "suspect") after OJ.

How do we know that Key, to LE, means POI? Since just the AC guy was cleared it seems to me we have a whole bunch of POIs.

LE puts out a spokesman who is a politically correct person and knows how to use the info correctly to not divulge ANYTHING. When you are around them long enough, you see a pattern.

You do remember when the term POI cam about, no? They had to use that because "Suspect" was presenting Legal Problems. Pretty soon POI will do the same and they will have to come up with another term....just the way the system goes.

I have termed the work "key" to mean POI...not the LE. Misty is the "Key" to the case...she has information that she has not shared...it is not that difficult to make the jump from Key witness to Person of Interest. LE is making a blanket statement, "no one has been cleared"...clearly not true, but it keeps people from forming opinions and ruining the case.

Thanks Whisperer, you said better than I could have.

ETA, thanks Dotseyes.

I wouldn't call a national news media organization claiming that Crystal "ran away" a DNA fiasco. I would call that misreporting bordering on slander.

She had every right to be very upset by that.

Hey Pirate. I wasn't calling Crystal being peeved a fiasco, I was calling the media on their stupidness. I don't blame her for being mad at all. I do think I would have been standing on a car watching LE if I were her though.

snipped from a quote in the above post;

"Captain Schauland told First Coast News Friday, "I would not list Misty as a suspect. We just want to get the timeline straightened out. Our most important thing is finding Haleigh. That's more important than anything else. And Misty's the key to that."

made red by me.
According to Capt. Schauland, Misty is the key to finding Haleigh which is LE's top priority.

Defining Key as a verb;

VERB:
[SIZE=-1]intr. [/SIZE]

1. To pay close attention; focus: [SIZE=+0]improved service by keying on customer complaints; keyed in on the main points of the lecture. [/SIZE]
  2. Sports To watch or cover an opposing player closely in an effort to limit the player's effectiveness. Used with on: [SIZE=+0]"[She] still carries the burden of scoring ... even though opponents key on her throughout every game"[/SIZE] [SIZE=+0](Josh Barr).[/SIZE]
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/key

When used as a verb, key defines a POI, imo.

More "key" defining;

something regarded as like a key in opening or closing a way, revealing or concealing, etc.; specif.,
  1. a place so located as to give access to or control of a region Vicksburg was the key to the lower Mississippi
  2. a thing that explains or solves something else, as a book of answers, the explanations on a map, the code to a system of pronunciation, etc.
  3. a controlling or essential person or thing
http://www.yourdictionary.com/key

Brought down from above post by me."Captain Schauland told First Coast News Friday, "I would not list Misty as a suspect. We just want to get the timeline straightened out.Our most important thing is finding Haleigh. That's more important than anything else. And Misty's the key to that."

Imo, Capt. Schauland is stating clearly for anyone who wants to listen, that Misty knows more than she is telling.
It's also a play on words, imo, as the door was not locked or broken into, according to LE, but Misty and Ron both say the door was locked. So since Ron was at work, Misty is left to explain how the door got unlocked, and open, iow, who did Misty open the door for? moo
moo

Yeah, Misty is the whole bag of chips, and then some.

LE took dna samples from anyone who was willing to give it. They took them from family, friends, probably even neighbors, anyone who said they had access to that house. LE has said that they have evidence taken from the home, but will not say what that evidence is. They also said at one point that the samples didn't come out right, so they had to collect them again. Imo, they were looking for the owner of dna that had not yet been identified that was found in the home that night. I think this is a possbility, yet they don't let Misty off the hook, so imo, they must think she invited them in. jmoooc.

Has anyone else in this case been defined as the "key" to finding Haleigh besides Misty?
They have said she is not the only one being inconsistent, but they haven't defined anyone else as being the "key."
As the saying goes, "It is what it is."

defining POI;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_interest

Hmmm this statement was published on March 13th. Almost 3 months later, I wonder if LE has changed their mind...

When asked if Misty Cummings was a suspect, Captain Schauland told First Coast News Friday, "I would not list Misty as a suspect.

This is also in that same article.
Capt. Schauland is basically calling Misty a l**r.

Misty also mentioned on The Today Show that she had taken a polygraph and that she was told she passed it.
Just a couple hours later, Capt. Schauland said the agency was not releasing any information involving the polygraphs. He has said this many times. He did say however, that people who take polygraphs are "normally not told weather they pass or didn't pass."
He added, "I'm not talking about this case; I'm talking about polygraphs in general, but usually there's a line of questioning and it either shows deception or to be inconclusive on question one, two or three. But it really isn't a pass or fail thing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back