Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home #2

Was LE looking for something visual ? Like a piece of clothing, etc ? What if decomposition fluids had leaked onto something else in the dumpster ? Do you think LE would find that ?

I don't know. But I think Haleigh was possibly laid next to or under the dumpster until Ron and Misty could figure out what to do next.

IMO.

Thank you LakeLandLady for commenting about the dog.....no quote buttons!

I was under the impression that the first dog on the scene would be bloodhounds to track.

So it wasn't a bloodhound they sent to track Haleigh?

That isn't what this article states:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501784,00.html

I believe Schauland over a JVM clip that says TN asked LE to search a dumpster for her HaLeigh -- unless a member of LE was on JVM stating that.

I see the quote and you may be right. However, there have been so many misquotes of LE and improper reporting that at this point it's all subjective and we must each choose which reporter, outlet and source to believe. I have seen quite a few complaints about improper reporting here at WS.

I don't know. But I think Haleigh was possibly laid next to or under the dumpster until Ron and Misty could figure out what to do next.

IMO.
I think so too.I can't get past the 3 cadaver dogs hitting on the dumpster to say she is ok.I just can't.I remember hearing some where TN wanted them to search the dumpster too.I do trust her intincts and I am very curious if they will use the cadaver dogs again to search the area she wanted to check before.That was the pond area?Does any one know more of the area she wanted checked.Does she still want this area checked?

My memory is cloudy on this Toms Girl but for some reason I remember Teresa Neves claiming that she felt that the dumpster needed to be searched and asked the dog handlers to check it.

I may be incorrect- it's been a few months and I'm on cold medicine today.:innocent:

--------------
Pirate, if your memory is cloudy, then mine is too. I also remember that TN requesting that the dumpster be searched by the dogs.

Does anyone have the clip to TN or LE stating that TN wanted the dumpster searched? TIA

What does it matter who wanted it searched? If it was TN's idea she was quite right, any dumpsters so close to the home needed searching. If she didn't say so and LE came up with it on their own, ditto. And TN could have even suggested something that LE thought to do all along.

What does it matter who wanted it searched? If it was TN's idea she was quite right, any dumpsters so close to the home needed searching. If she didn't say so and LE came up with it on their own, ditto. And TN could have even suggested something that LE thought to do all along.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Isn't it SOP to search things like that?

That's how it seems to me anyway. The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took so many days for them to start the dumpster search but maybe they had already been there in the early days and just now took a second look.

You would think it would be SOP, so that has me wondering why the dumpster wasn't searched PRIOR to 2/26 when Haleigh went missing on 2/9.

In the video I also noticed there was some CONFUSION about the dogs, whether they were "human" cadaver dogs or dogs that would hit on anything dead. Confusion seems to be the name of this case.

I noticed during the search they weren't very careful, but were looking for anything they thought might be connected. Well, if the child's body had been there, then taken away, all that would be left is body fluids/cadaverine, etc, nothing specific like articles of clothings, nooses, guns, etc. If, indeed, body fluids were left in/around the dumpster, it didn't appear LE were investigating that any further. I wonder how this group would have fared in Casey Anthony's car trunk. Not good, in my opinion.

I believe it's very possible Haleigh's body may have been in or around the dumpster at some point, and the body fluids were totally overlooked by LE, if not by the dogs. And, NO, I don't believe REAL CADAVER dogs hit on used tampons or sanitary napkins. If they did, they would be next to useless.

My opinion only

Why didn't they have the dogs there when they emptied the dumpster? That way if the dogs went over to the empty dumpster, they may have concluded that there was fluid at one time and gone. It also could have given them a lead to the garbage on the ground.

Looked like they were looking for a whole body instead of leads to objects used in disposal.

Why didn't they have the dogs there when they emptied the dumpster? That way if the dogs went over to the empty dumpster, they may have concluded that there was fluid at one time and gone. It also could have given them a lead to the garbage on the ground.

Looked like they were looking for a whole body instead of leads to objects used in disposal.

That's the same impression I got - "Nope, there ain't no body here," dumpster cleared!

My opinion only

That's the same impression I got - "Nope, there ain't no body here," dumpster cleared!

My opinion only

My fear as well. Maybe things were taken from the dumpster site and retained for further testing ? I wonder if any soil samples from around the dumpster were taken ?

I think it matters if it was an attempt to direct the investigation toward a location where the person doing the directing was confident the Haleigh was not longer at. What makes it relevant is the consideration as to how and when that person would obtain that confidence. JMHO

Several articles state this search was rechecking areas they had already searched, it was not done based on a tip or new information. I don't believe they searched this dumpster again based on a request from TN.

I think it matters if it was an attempt to direct the investigation toward a location where the person doing the directing was confident the Haleigh was not longer at. What makes it relevant is the consideration as to how and when that person would obtain that confidence. JMHO

Oh, I see now.

I don't know... it seems to me that if she was there at all it is most likely she was removed almost right away, before LE descended on the area. Because if she was there all the time, why didn't the search dogs track her scent there?

And I don't really understand why the family would have wanted LE to look at the dumpster if they knew she if she had been there and had been removed.

I mean, I completely understand a distraught family member pointing out this and that and harassing LE officers with "Have you searched here? There? Why not? Do it ASAP! Do I have to search it myself?" in the hopes of finding her, but if the purpose was to not find her, then it's not clear to me.
If LE had overlooked it, what would be the point of pointing out the dumpster and risk that they find some incriminating evidence? They couldn't have known how thorough it was going to be. Why not just leave be and thank the criminal's good fortune that LE overlooked the dumpster in the first place? Was there something planted in that dumpster that they wanted found?

Also, with the police presence and the media, the family, all the curious onlookers and well-wishers camping around there, and the neighbours surely being a bit jumpy, it would have taken some serious guts to have removed a body that had been there for some time and had to have started the decomposition process by that time. Handling a decomposed body would be very unpleasant and possibly leave a tell-tale scent track to the vehicle used in the removal.

It might have been interesting to have the cadaver dogs to go through all the vehicles some time after the disappearance, to see if anyone had moved a body lately.

Several articles state this search was rechecking areas they had already searched, it was not done based on a tip or new information. I don't believe they searched this dumpster again based on a request from TN.

I think it's quite likely that both accounts are right. LE may very well have intended to re-search the dumpster area and other areas all along, as part of procedure, as they didn't have the cadaver dogs in the initial search I think. It's also quite likely that TN and many other family members who were talking with LE may have suggested lots of places to search, urging them to do everything at once. I don't know if such a request qualifies as a tip or new information if it's not based on anything except the fact that that dumpster is there and bodies are sometimes put in dumpsters, which was known to LE from the start.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy
Back