Theories on what happened to Haleigh #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she is not the key to the investigation. That is where there is a problem. Some people have stopped "sleuthing" anything other than that one tiny statement made by LE quite awhile ago.
Having tunnel vision on a case does nothing to help it
. Every avenue needs to be explored. Saying Misty is the key non stop is holding a lot of people back from finding the real clues.

BBM

I can only truly speak for myself, but I believe it to be true of all who post here that it is quite easy to keep "Misty is the key" at the top of the list while still looking at a multitude of other aspects of this case. I would never assume that someone "has tunnel vision" simply because they are well aware of the implications that such a strong statement from LE has for this case. I personally have seen absolutely no indications that posters have stopped sleuthing ANY aspect of this case. Whenever a new tidbit comes up...rumor or otherwise....it is given immense scrutiny and examination as to how it could/does fit into what we already know.

BBM

I can only truly speak for myself, but I believe it to be true of all who post here that it is quite easy to keep "Misty is the key" at the top of the list while still looking at a multitude of other aspects of this case. I would never assume that someone "has tunnel vision" simply because they are well aware of the implications that such a strong statement from LE has for this case. I personally have seen absolutely no indications that posters have stopped sleuthing ANY aspect of this case. Whenever a new tidbit comes up...rumor or otherwise....it is given immense scrutiny and examination as to how it could/does fit into what we already know.

Most of the valid theories I've seen us sleuth are dependent upon having a consistent and confirmed timeline.

The lack of that makes it difficult to successfully assume anything.

Misty is the key to that!

Most of the valid theories I've seen us sleuth are dependent upon having a consistent and confirmed timeline.

The lack of that makes it difficult to successfully assume anything.

But she is not the key to the investigation. That is where there is a problem. Some people have stopped "sleuthing" anything other than that one tiny statement made by LE quite awhile ago.
Having tunnel vision on a case does nothing to help it. Every avenue needs to be explored. Saying Misty is the key non stop is holding a lot of people back from finding the real clues.

If you know what the real clues are I do hope you'll fill us in.

Misty is the key to the timeline. The timeline is the key to the investigation (one of them, anyway). So, she's quite important, I think everyone can agree on that.

I honestly try to consider all avenues and have given a lot of thought to various theories that have been presented here but the inconsistencies by Misty create a stumbling block with many of them. If a random stranger or an infatuated acquaintance or someone from her mother's family took Haleigh, why are there discrepancies in the timeline? There should be no reason to lie, she is like a mother to Haleigh and she desperately wants her back. Why keep LE guessing and keep them interviewing her for hours on end and keep a detective away from following up on the real clues?

Having tunnel vision on a case does nothing to help it. Every avenue needs to be explored. Saying Misty is the key non stop is holding a lot of people back from finding the real clues.

BBM.. I agree every avenue needs to be explored, but when ALL the avenues seem to lead to the same road....One needs to stay on that road...
And I don't see how anyone saying Misty is the key is holding people back from finding any clues.. To be honest, ITs highly probable that Misty is the one hiding the REAL clues...

If there is a perp who stole Haleigh from the bedroom occupied by Misty and Ron Jr I think if MC would have woken up during the abduction, she would have remained silent to protect herself. I think the perp knew he could keep Misty silent. If the abduction theory Misty presents is true, why isn't she expressing honest emotional trauma? She acts null and void.

If there is a perp who stole Haleigh from the bedroom occupied by Misty and Ron Jr I think if MC would have woken up during the abduction, she would have remained silent to protect herself. I think the perp knew he could keep Misty silent. If the abduction theory Misty presents is true, why isn't she expressing honest emotional trauma? She acts null and void.

BBM

Misty has had many traumas in her young life.

I really think it is unfair of anyone to judge what is or is not considered HONEST emotional trauma.

I realize that everyone likes to play "judge and jury" here as far as how people act, but truth of the matter is -- NO ONE knows how any of these people are REALLY feeling.

After a long weekend, it's quite possible Misty DID sleep through HaLeigh being taken.

BBM

I really think it is unfair of anyone to judge what is or is not considered HONEST emotional trauma.

I realize that everyone likes to play "judge and jury" here as far as how people act, but truth of the matter is -- NO ONE knows how any of these people are REALLY feeling.

After a long weekend, it's quite possible Misty DID sleep through HaLeigh being taken.

And it's also quite possible that she did participate in Haleigh being taken since three months after being called the key by LE she is still not cleared.

My husband said he would never have believed the "I didn't hear a thing" defense either, until several nights spent trying to get toddler back to sleep in her own bed (with child #2 screaming in sympathy) left him very sleep deprived. When he finally could get to sleep, he said he slept the sleep of the dead, and wouldn't have heard a thing if anyone came into our house. (By the way, I was there too, but I think I'm more used to the sleep-deprivation thing -- I'm still a very light sleeper).

I imagine excessive alcohol, drugs, partying, etc. could make one sleep just as soundly.

That's my opinion also they LE needs to ask the question was 7pm the actual time GGM really was there if MC was out cold which I believe then she wouldn't know and also that means that JR would have to be asleep also. Need to see if anyone can find out if JR remembers seeing GGM that night. To my recollection she has never confirmed GGM being there unless I missed it(if I have please post it).

I have looked at almost all the aspects of this case but I have not looked at DS...yet. It has taken me four months. In the past 48 hours, I have reached the conclusion that MC is a suspect in the disappearance of Haleigh. I have looked and searched an watched and analyzed her and have determined that she is deceiving us. I have reason to believe she is manipulative and very tough. She does not come across as a tough cookie, however. The facts she has given are not truthful. Of course this is my opinion. I think I was pretty open about calling this out. I had suspected her from the start as a problem. As I tried to eliminate her from the equation, she became part of it. Nothing fits with her statements. Everything brings you back to her. Take a drive....try to eliminate her...you will return and she will be at the wheel.

Hi everyone! Was just checking in to see if there were any developments in Haleigh's case. ((aside: what happened to the rumor thread?))

Hi everyone! Was just checking in to see if there were any developments in Haleigh's case. ((aside: what happened to the rumor thread?))

Hi nurse, not much new I don't think. Officials did hold a round table discussion on Haleigh's disappearance but have not named any suspects or POI's, as for the rumor thread, I signed on one day and everyone down there was saying goodbye and that was all she wrote. I think the mods closed it for good but I am not sure why, I am a teensy bit glad though(smack my fingers with a ruler if you must) because there is more discussion up here in Haleigh's forum and I think we really needed that!

And it's also quite possible that she did participate in Haleigh being taken since three months after being called the key by LE she is still not cleared.

Using your logic, any of HaLeigh's family members may have participated in HaLeigh being taken. No one has been cleared and they are all victims.

LE has stated Misty is the key to the time line. Of course she is -- she was the one that was with the children when HaLeigh went missing in the middle of the night.

It's quite possible that Misty does not have the answers that LE is looking for. It's quite possible she WAS sleeping (hard) when HaLeigh went missing and didn't hear a thing. Misty is NOT HaLeigh's biological mother, and thus, does not have the automatic bond that MOST parents develop with their children -- leading them to hear any bump or noise in the night.

LE has stated that Misty is cooperating. I believe that Misty wants to help LE. Many times young people, such as Misty, when trying to be helpful don't want to say "I don't know" to questions, even if that is the truth -- so she very well could be trying to answer questions. That could quite possibly be where inconsistencies are coming into play - Misty trying too hard to be helpful - because she IS innocent of any wrong doing, but frustrated not knowing all the answers.

Maybe we should all try to remember what it's like to be a young, 17 year old kid. Then, try to put ourselves into Misty's shoes. Bet it's a scary place to be!

I wonder what they were eating out there on the porch that day. Was Misty all busy in the house cleaning up the kitchen from dinner? I also would like to know what Haleigh was wearing when GGMA saw her.

BBM

ITA with this post, except I can tell Crystal feels really bad because her baby's been taken. She's the only one I believe is expressing her genuine feelings of horror and sadness.

Using your logic, any of HaLeigh's family members may have participated in HaLeigh being taken. No one has been cleared and they are all victims.

LE has stated Misty is the key to the time line. Of course she is -- she was the one that was with the children when HaLeigh went missing in the middle of the night.

It's quite possible that Misty does not have the answers that LE is looking for. It's quite possible she WAS sleeping (hard) when HaLeigh went missing and didn't hear a thing. Misty is NOT HaLeigh's biological mother, and thus, does not have the automatic bond that MOST parents develop with their children -- leading them to hear any bump or noise in the night.

LE has stated that Misty is cooperating. I believe that Misty wants to help LE. Many times young people, such as Misty, when trying to be helpful don't want to say "I don't know" to questions, even if that is the truth -- so she very well could be trying to answer questions. That could quite possibly be where inconsistencies are coming into play - Misty trying too hard to be helpful - because she IS innocent of any wrong doing, but frustrated not knowing all the answers.

Maybe we should all try to remember what it's like to be a young, 17 year old kid. Then, try to put ourselves into Misty's shoes. Bet it's a scary place to be!

No thank you, her shoes wouldn't fit..they are not my size.

I have been seventeen, however. Never talked to LE at that age. Unfortunately Misty has. She has been in courts and possible detention. She knows her way around LE. She has people in her family plus her new family that also know LE. She is not naive. And I have never met anyone that has been too helpful and are also the last one seeing the crime victim. Before you ask, I have worked with criminals and have talked to them about their crimes. Her story does not hold up.

I am a teensy bit glad though(smack my fingers with a ruler if you must) because there is more discussion up here in Haleigh's forum and I think we really needed that!

I understand your point, there is much more activity up here, but I think there is much less sleuthing. For myself, I have quite a few leads I would like us too look at but apparently none of them are acceptable :(

No thank you, her shoes wouldn't fit..they are not my size.

I have been seventeen, however. Never talked to LE at that age. Unfortunately Misty has. She has been in courts and possible detention. She knows her way around LE. She has people in her family plus her new family that also know LE. She is not naive. And I have never met anyone that has been too helpful and are also the last one seeing the crime victim. Before you ask, I have worked with criminals and have talked to them about their crimes. Her story does not hold up.

So, you know Misty's juvenile record? Please share with us how you know of her record, when juvenile records are sealed. TIA.

Unfortunately, we do that Misty has been a VICTIM, but that is a HUGE difference between being a criminal, and having sealed records.

From the sound of what you wrote, you have probably led a very different life than Misty, and probably from most of the people in HaLeigh's life. I imagine most people on this forum have. For me, when I am trying to look at this case, I try to separate myself and my life experiences and look at everything with fresh eyes. I know that my life is nothing like theirs. For me to stay impartial, I have to look at everyone and not judge them compared to my own life. Hope that makes sense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23