Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it turns out these aren't related after all. Not sure how Doe Network & Charley Project got the wrong info, but they did.

One possibility still exists though, and that's that Maxie may have been murdered by the same person or persons who murdered our mystery couple.

There is another possibility, that being the birth date on the genealogical record could be wrong. I'm always working on my records and sometimes don't have everything 100% correct, intending to go back and make corrections later on when I have the time. I'm not saying that's true in this case, but I know it does happen. Perhaps you should check the birth date against another source?

Good idea, Blackwatch. Always pays to double check these things. Thanks.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/939dmswe.html

I saw this guy's profile and his picture and was amazed at how eerily similar he looks to Jock. His name is Nils Benny Forsgren and he's from Sweden. They got the chrono index wrong on Doe Network because they have listed near January 1976, but on his profile it says December 1976.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/939dmswe.html

I saw this guy's profile and his picture and was amazed at how eerily similar he looks to Jock. His name is Nils Benny Forsgren and he's from Sweden. They got the chrono index wrong on Doe Network because they have listed near January 1976, but on his profile it says December 1976.
Yes, yes it does! Couldn't hurt to send their investigator an email with Jocks photo here: polismyndigheten@gavleborg.police.se (Soderhamn police) It should be easy enough to check to see if Mr. Forsgren had a visa or passport to the US and if so take it further....
At this point, I am of the belief, that anybody who looks remotely similar to these two, should be sent in... Also, notify SC Dept. of Justice/Missing-Unidentified Persons Unit, send copy of e-mail to fax# (803) 254-2912 Attention W. Walter Wilkins (SC AG) whenever you send or call in a possible match!

Yes, yes it does! Couldn't hurt to send their investigator an email with Jocks photo here: polismyndigheten@gavleborg.police.se (Soderhamn police) It should be easy enough to check to see if Mr. Forsgren had a visa or passport to the US and if so take it further....
At this point, I am of the belief, that anybody who looks remotely similar to these two, should be sent in... Also, notify SC Dept. of Justice/Missing-Unidentified Persons Unit, send copy of e-mail to fax# (803) 254-2912 Attention W. Walter Wilkins (SC AG) whenever you send or call in a possible match!
Will do. This man's initials are NBF. Jock's ring had the initials JPF. Does anyone know if Bulova watches were sold in Sweden? Perhaps this could be why the serial number doesn't match any of the ones in the United States?

Will do. This man's initials are NBF. Jock's ring had the initials JPF. Does anyone know if Bulova watches were sold in Sweden? Perhaps this could be why the serial number doesn't match any of the ones in the United States?
It wasn't a matter of not finding the serial number If I remember correctly Bulova didn't have the serial numbers from that long ago or they were lost some how. It's in the thread some place. It's a cheap watch and the jewelry was too.

Will do.
This man's initials are NBF. Jock's ring had the initials JPF.

Does anyone know if Bulova watches were sold in Sweden? Perhaps this could be why the serial number doesn't match any of the ones in the United States?....

elliottness, excellent sleuthing!
I agree, Nils Benny Forsgren from Sweden looks like our Jock...also missing from Sweden in 1976...

plus the ring had the last initial the same as Forsgren...what are the odds of a look-a like with the same last name initial?

The ring could have possibly belonged to another family member and our Jock was wearing it....and Jock's watch could have been a gift, sent from America..or purchased on a previous trip.

a big coincidence and I have never believed in coincidences..

I suspect, the guy from the KOA may have misdirected LE's investigation by saying Jock was from Canada....Hmmmm!
Maybe we should be looking in Sweden for the excellent dental work and Jock's Father....

Is this what the "SC AG" is above? If so, this is the current contact info.

South Carolina's Current Attorney General Mailing Address
The Honorable Henry McMaster
P.O. Box 11549
Columbia, S.C. 29211

Office Location
Rembert Dennis Building
1000 Assembly Street, Room 519
Columbia, S.C. 29201

Email Address
info@scattorneygeneral.com

Information 1-803-734-3970

P.O. Box 11549
Columbia, S.C. 29211

Office Location
Rembert Dennis Building
Columbia, S.C. 29201

Email Address

The fax number, (803) 254-2912 that I posted previously was for the United States Attorney General, W. Walter Wilkins, appointed to South Carolina's Department of Justice!! Thanks for posting more information!!
I believe, in order to "get things going" on any of these possible matches is to also allow the SC DOJ and SC AGs offices to be aware of them!! It's coming up on 33 years for this couple and that is too long... I certainly hope all the persons involved in their murder and cover-up are still alive, just so once they are identified and the investigation leads to their arrest, they will suffer extensively in prison... This is clearly "Murders Unpunished" and a very agitating case, for me, anyway!!
I also believe, at this point, anybody and everybody that looks remotely similar to these two, should be sent in as possible matches!!! Just sayin'.......

P.O. Box 11549
Columbia, S.C. 29211

Office Location
Rembert Dennis Building
Columbia, S.C. 29201

Email Address

I sent e-mails to the contacts in SC. I'll let you know when I get a response.

elliot, I used to have a Swedish neighbor, born in Sweden, and he and the missing guy you found share a very similar, strong Scandinavian look. It's the ethnicity that's jumping out at me on this guy. I don't think anyone would ever describe him as having the all American boy look, KWIM?

Edited to add: Not that D. Kelly looks like the All American Boy either. That phrasing is highly subjective, and even more so by today's standards.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from submitting. Just giving my 2 cents worth. Feel free to devalue it at any time. LOL

Why may I ask would you send anything to the attorney general's office?? They aren't going to do anything with it. If you want to send anybody something I would think the police chief in the county they were found would be the one to send it to. I have yet to see anyone that looks like either one of them. I also do not believe they are of Swedish decent. IMO. I have been looking at this case for a long time. I wish we could get the DNA results back.

What a fascinating case indeed.

It's kinda strange that the victims have not been identified after many years, and the killers never been caught.

They could not live some kind of recluse life either, their clothing looked very modern, also the expensive, advanced dental work proves they lived in modern society, more or less .

Perhaps they were members of some kind of cult, secretive sect, only thing that comes to my mind.

Perhaps they escaped, because they had some kind of 'forbidden' relationship, other members tracked them down and killed them, because leaving the sect wasn't acceptable.
These type of things have happened, remember Jonestown and other cults..

Dr. Fortier looked very much like one of the photos of our John Doe. This doctor is now deceased. Elliot had made contact with someone in Saskatchewan who was helping him. We need an update, elliott!!

Hello. I've been lurking and watching the thread and then forum on the SC couple for awhile. I wanted to ask a question.

Did anything ever come of the Regina angle with the doctor named Percieval?

Any updates?

What a fascinating case indeed.

It's kinda strange that the victims have not been identified after many years, and the killers never been caught.

They could not live some kind of recluse life either, their clothing looked very modern, also the expensive, advanced dental work proves they lived in modern society, more or less .

Perhaps they were members of some kind of cult, secretive sect, only thing that comes to my mind.

Perhaps they escaped, because they had some kind of 'forbidden' relationship, other members tracked them down and killed them, because leaving the sect wasn't acceptable.
These type of things have happened, remember Jonestown and other cults..

I have always thought the "moonies" had something to do with their deaths.

They were a very popular cult in the 70's.

It's always good to think outside the box,
but remember a truck driver, was stopped for drunk driving in N.C., and was found to have the murder weapon, under his truck seat...with the serial numbers filed off.
I'm fairly sure he wasn't in a cult....but I suspect he was in 'other' things, with other people....:put em up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288