Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it show that amount was paid for discovery that was released? Cos that seems to be an incredibly low amount given the volume of discovery released to date. Could it be for other things? I do recall some tips and things that JAB requested that he had to pay for but failed to pick up or something along those lines.

It seems highly improbable that there is a fee to receive discovery.

Could be for all these silly motions JB has filed?

lin- ITA!

Their sense of entitlement is very UNDER-whelming.

I have a question!

Why do the A's know about these records being released?

The A's are not the defense---they are not in charge of anythang---whats going on here? Am I wrong in thinking that the A's don't have any right to this info, any more than the rest of us???????????

This is just a guestimate but I have a feeling JB is sharing all the discovery documents with the Anthony's.

Regardless of how they behave, I am truly sorry for the Anthony's loss, and the anguish they must feel over Caylee's murder and the unimaginable prospect that their own daughter is responsible for it. Nevermind the prospect of going through all of the grief in the public eye. I would like to think I'd handle it differently than they have, but, "let this cup pass away from me". I wouldn't wish the circumstances they awake to each morning on anyone.

That being said...IMHO there is a cause-and-effect to the Anthony's request to prevent the release of this specific information. IOW...the results convey something meaningful.

Rule of law = release it. Don't like it? Change the law.

Bold mine.

It's like the Anthony alert system - "pay attention to this"!! Every time the intervene or put themselves out there again they only call more and more attention to the case and to the evidence they don't want people to notice. Why don't they understand this??

Ok, just for a moment, imagine that this precious child was your grandchild and that your daughter was NOT a suspect. Would you want these details released to the media before trial? I mean, you know they will have to be released during trial, but wouldn't you think it could at least wait until then? Take KC out of the picture and even take the A's out of the picture, and try to imagine being the grandparent of a murdered 2 year old and ask yourself whether you might want to see this information wait until trial to be released.

IMHO, the grandparents have every right to ask the court to prevent the release to the media at this time. However, I do not have enough understanding of the FL Sunshine laws to know whether the judge could or should grant such a request. I'm just saying that I see nothing wrong with them making the request and can picture making the same request if it was a child in my family.

Yes, I will admit that I want to read those results and will do so if they are released tomorrow. But really, what good will it do Caylee for me or you (or anyone else in the public) to get that information before trial? How would it help convict KC? And for that matter, how would not releasing them help her defense? Can't we - just this once - agree that this request may have nothing to do with KC? Why must everything the A's say or do be taken as a step towards helping KC get off even when there is no way that it will?

:couch:I voted other, reason being that I think about how Caylee would feel. I could care less how the Anthony's feel. The results will come out at trial anyway. I for one like to see the new discovery, but feel there should be limits. Caylee was an infant and I feel anything that has to do with her autopsy should be private, not because the Anthony's want it that..for Caylee. Now, if it is released I will read it because I to want to know how this little angel died just to know the facts. :truce:

Photos, no, out of respect for her but do you really think the report is disrespectful? I mean without photos or videos attached, which is what my understanding is of the impending release.

I truly don't think that the release of the autopsy report before the trial will do anything but satisfy our curiosity. Both sides have obviously seen it, if it says anything incriminating for Casey, it will have to be addressed at the trial. JMO of course.

It also satsifies the law in Florida which is why I support it's release.

In a motion filed by their attorney, George and Cindy Anthony argue that "the information contained within in the report will cause great anguish to the Anthony family." "

What about the anguish Caylee went through in her last minutes on earth, the fear she must have felt from the one person that she loved unconditionally, that was supposed to have loved her and protected her at all cost. Have the A's even thought about that?? Apparently not.

pfffffft ..
This isn't about Caylee anymore ..
It's all about George and Cindy and their feelings .. :loser:

:behindbar

Btw - I'm surprised Brad is still hanging in there ..
Thought he would have bailed by now ..
Another one for the pile .. :loser:

You're assuming that the charges being billed to the defense are discovery documents the SA hands over. The charges could be from an outside agency that requires fees to copy documents which the SA has no obligation to pay.

Many times I need pleadings from old cases that are no longer on courtlink or pacer. I have to hire a court runner to obtain the documents I need. We have to pay the runner to stand at the copier and copy the documents at the Courthouse. Information doesn't always come free. And someone has to pay for it.

The SA is under no obligation to do the defense teams job, nor incur fees to help them achieve their goals.

..and it's like this with EVERY criminal case!! It's not as if there are made up rules and laws custom fit for the Anthony's! Her defense team can do the same as everyone else's!

Exactly. Which is why they didn't want the gag order so they could keep on running their ridiculous imaginanny stories on tv and getting paid. (Selling pics; accommodations; meals; airfare; solicitation of donations; etc.)

Shrimp puffs @ the Ritz don't come cheap, ya know!

This is a very interesting read on FL law regarding autopsy results as public records. Generally, autopsy results are public record. However, autopsy photos are not public record (see FL Statutes Chapter 406.135) and are available only to next-of-kin or by court order .

http://myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Opinions/894D58D0F8A7D7A88525659400683EA1

I might add that according to FL Statutes, there is no charge for a copy of autopsy results that are requested and sent electronically (e-mail) from a Florida (county) Medical Examiner's office.

Edited to add that several years back I obtained, at no cost, the complete autopsy report of Terri Schiavo, via e-mail.

Think you will email a request for Caylee's?

I think the FL laws are different because of Dale E. the NASCAR driver right?

Also, I agree that JB is using BC as a hidden right hand man to work a different sympothy angle for the GP and thus, KC.

I hope this blows up in BC's face as badly as JAB's filings explode in his. I just don't see how the grandparents have any standing to intervene in a criminal matter. Without having read it, it appears thusfar to be a frivolous motion based almost entirely on a pity play which has no place in a court of law.

On a brighter note, KC will be in jail until the trial, which is looking more and more distant every day!

I'd feel a whole lot better about that if she were in general population.

The case financial show nothing but copies so any filing fees for their motions must go into a different place. I don't see enough repeats for this to be where each media outlet pays. But I've sent an email to WFTV asking about this.

Let's see, roughly 6000 pages so far? That would be about .33 per page, if they actually get it in paper form. Considering how easy it is to burn a cd I think it is highway robbery if they are charging the defence this amount. Now I heard back from both the Sentinel and WFTV that the last doc dumps were nothing but repeats, not worth their time or web space. That's a lot of waste, IMO.

Perhaps you are forgetting that EACH OF THOSE PAGES NEED TO BE SCANNED before converting into a digital format such as a cd or dvd. Please also take into account that if JB requests certain documents or records which the SA does not have possession the SA is NOT required to pay fees in order to get them. Please also take into account if scanned or manually copied by some other third party entity the cost may not only be .33 per page. Based off the documents released already someone had to stand and manually scan these documents and if they were in notebooks then they would have to be placed on the glass. Litigation costs DO not come cheap.

As far as the financial matters go regarding the discovery process we are all making pure speculation since we don't know of any agreements that have been made between the parties. Again, although the burden of proof is on the SA they are not obligated to pay for and do the job of the defense team.

I have a question!

The A's are not the defense---they are not in charge of anythang---whats going on here? Am I wrong in thinking that the A's don't have any right to this info, any more than the rest of us???????????

You're right but of course, KC can choose to make available to family and friends anything she likes, unless it is under seal or otherwise privileged information.

Also, do we think the judge will say "yes" or "no" to it's release?

There's no way the Judge will hold back the report. The accompanying photos have already been addressed.

I have a question!

Yes-- Amen! Could this possibly be the reason CA looked liked she had been crying at the last motion hearing? And if so.isn't this a violation of the law???
What a farce most of this has become!!! Don't get me wrong,as a grandparent myself,I hope to NEVER be faced with what the A's have had to face,however I think that after almost a year I might want to resolve to know the truth,whether it came out now,or at trial------UNLESS of course I had a hidden agenda!!!!:banghead:

This is just a guestimate but I have a feeling JB is sharing all the discovery documents with the Anthony's.

But isn't this wrong? Can they git away with this? Just seems kinda "in a backward sort of way" or shady---poot---something. Does KC have 2 separate defense teams? If JB tells BC something juicy and BC decides to do the "right" thing with this juicy stuff---he can do so, because BC isn't gettin paid by JB/KC. What would keep him from turning on the A's? He can't talk about what he has spoken with the A's but he sure could with info straight from JB. Have I gotten off track here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆