Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped

PS: ...

Taking KC out of the picture, in fact, looking at other cases in which the A's are not involved, the report would be released as a matter of course. I don't think they deserve (MORE) special treatment, do you?

Absolutely, I do not believe they deserve special treatment - that's the whole point of my post - I believe ANY victim's family has the right to ask for an autopsy report to be withheld from the press if they choose to make such a request AND I believe the judge has to determine based on the laws of that state whether or not to release it - I am not saying whether or not he should release it - I am saying that I see nothing wrong or inappropriate about them asking the court to consider it.

If I were a conspiracy type, I would say this was only a pretense and a precursor for the upcoming leak of autopsy photos that will follow, leaked by Baez as they need more money.

I voted no. Family of the victim on the defense side of the accused. Big problems down the road. They need to know their parameters now.

Still not understanding this. Caylee is dead. GA/CA were with her remains. There is no live Caylee to search for. So why the demanding that the results don't come out? there won't be photos. This to me is unprecedented.

Still not understanding this. Caylee is dead. GA/CA were with her remains. There is no live Caylee to search for. So why the demanding that the results don't come out? there won't be photos. This to me is unprecedented.

I agree. Unprecedented is the perfect word to describe their actions so far and what we can expect. They are going to play that grief card until someone takes it away from them. Someone, please take it away from them...

I'm sure the Anthony's have already seen the autopsy results. Why will releasing them now cause greater "angush" than if they are realeased later at trial? There is already endless speculation and discussion of what happened to Caylee. I think having MORE facts would help people understand what really happened and end some of the speculation.
I agree...as guardian(s) of Caylee's remains they have no doubt seen the report. Why didn't they personally ask the judge to seal the report before now?

AUTOPSY report will not be in doc dump tomorrow

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5615388.story
snippet:
Orange Circuit Court Stan Strickland issued an order late Thursday that will delay the release of the autopsy reports, which were expected to be made public on Friday, until the issue is addressed in court. He wants to hear from the media about the Anthonys' request.

"For reasons unknown to the court the motion was served only upon the State Attorney's Office," Strickland wrote in the order. "The real party in interest in this matter is the various news media."
The State Attorney's Office is releasing the information in response to public records requests. Prosecutors are required by law to release the documents that they provided to the defense. Some information, such as autopsy photos, can be exempt from public record laws.

Regardless of how they behave, I am truly sorry for the Anthony's loss, and the anguish they must feel over Caylee's murder and the unimaginable prospect that their own daughter is responsible for it. Nevermind the prospect of going through all of the grief in the public eye. I would like to think I'd handle it differently than they have, but, "let this cup pass away from me". I wouldn't wish the circumstances they awake to each morning on anyone.

That being said...IMHO there is a cause-and-effect to the Anthony's request to prevent the release of this specific information. IOW...the results convey something meaningful.

Rule of law = release it. Don't like it? Change the law.

:clap::clap::clap:
it is what it is..... the truth!
Don't like the Law ....... " Change It"

Thanks BJB !

Thanks to all for standing for "J U S T I C E ~ for Little Angel CAYLEE"

sorry... this case bugs me... cause
I WOULD STAND UP FOR MY GRANDCHILD & I
would be very very sad for my CHILD.... but
I believe in
*** If you do the CRIME = Pay the TIME ! ! !:behindbar

God Bless!
jjgram

I voted "other", because the rules should apply to them just like anyone else, *whatever* the laws are.

I also agree with those that said that they should not be able to pick and choose the laws according to what serves them best and also when to apply the laws (such as the gag order).
oh well, they haven't changed yet, i don't expect they will anytime soon.

I voted no. Family of the victim on the defense side of the accused. Big problems down the road. They need to know their parameters now.

That may be more what is behind the decision than anything else. How many times have we had highly visible cases in which the murder victim is a member of family and the family ends up loudly and publicly supporting the accused? Particularly when the victim was a tiny, defenseless child.

The Anthonys have demanded sensitivity when it comes to grieving the loss of a granddaughter and the prospect of losing a daughter who probably committed the crime. Because they see themselves as the only victims in this scenario, they cannot extend that sympathy to the public who sees their mourning and grieving process more like a political campaign to free a prisoner by winning sympathy and funding her defense.

They do not see how this dichotomy is perceived as hypocritical and opportunistic and disrespectful to Caylee by a lot of the public. And how this dichotomy is most likely what set off the ugly antics of the protestors outside their house in the very beginning.

If the state of FL has to err on the side of caution - perhaps not because they are bending over backwards to accommodate the Anthonys but because they don't want to incite an angry repeat of mob mentality that has been shown before (and which the Anthonys do not have the impulse control themselves to avoid or deflect), then maybe that is one reason they insist on taking the high road.

Anniversary dates are coming up in this case and, given the memorial scene a few nights ago, I'm sure a lot of incendiary feelings are smouldering. Perhaps this is just caution is all I'm saying, and not simply giving in to incessant entitlement demands the Anthony family seems to crank out at the speed of light. The SA and LE have been nothing but diplomatic, tactful and prudent - I'm glad they take the high road even if it costs us info we've been going berserk from curiosity from being denied.

Curious, where is the certified signed court order that "made CA/GA the custodians" of Caylee since BC brought this to our attention today in his motion?

Anyone ..........

Seems like BC has fallen down a few rungs of the ladder to make JB comfortable and not be down there by himself.

ETA: Read the motion and BC states KC gave a POA to the A's for custody of Caylee's remains. Was this released with previous doc dumps?

AUTOPSY report will not be in doc dump tomorrow

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5615388.story
snippet:
Orange Circuit Court Stan Strickland issued an order late Thursday that will delay the release of the autopsy reports, which were expected to be made public on Friday, until the issue is addressed in court. He wants to hear from the media about the Anthonys' request.

"For reasons unknown to the court the motion was served only upon the State Attorney's Office," Strickland wrote in the order. "The real party in interest in this matter is the various news media."
The State Attorney's Office is releasing the information in response to public records requests. Prosecutors are required by law to release the documents that they provided to the defense. Some information, such as autopsy photos, can be exempt from public record laws.

bumped

Judge Orders Temporary Stay Of Caylee Autopsy Details
Posted: 12:38 pm EDT June 11, 2009
Updated: 5:59 pm EDT June 11, 2009

http://www.wftv.com/news/19725145/detail.html

Judge Orders Temporary Stay Of Caylee Autopsy Details

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- In the case against Casey Anthony, 1,000 documents are expected to be released Friday. However, Judge Stan Strickland ordered a temporary stay on the release of Caylee Anthony's autopsy results, which was included in the documents.

Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, filed a motion on Thursday (read motion) to block the release of the autopsy findings.

Eyewitness News learned that the motion did not give the media enough notice, so a judge delayed the release until all parties can fight it out in court.

The documents contain details gathered during an autopsy of Caylee Anthony's remains that were found on December 11 in a wooded area less than one mile from her family's east Orange County home.

Anybody keeping count on how many motions/complaints are out there...the ones that have yet to be resolved? This is getting mighty silly.

And he said it better than we could have. :clap: This will perhaps be one of the shortest hearings we get to see. Media outlets will get a few minutes each to speak and he will rule in favor of the media.

Now KC will be pizzed because she will have to be up at 3am to get herself ready for a 10am hearing, if Judge S sets that time slot.

They have no legal right to have this information suppressed. If it was photos they wanted kept out of the public eye I would agree, but the information is something the public has a right to know. It will all come out in the trial anyway.

Forgive me as I've had bad news today and am just reading this now. Why would GA/CA have the right to file the motion? Isn't KC, no matter what she's up to in her cell right this moment, still the legal guardian of Caylee's remains? No motion from Baez?

Just another chapter in the drama novel of the A's - not that I'm eager to know what's in the autopsy report but...oh well, time to shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire