GUILTY NV - Jonathan Weaver for child abuse, Las Vegas, 2009

OMG! This is just unreal! I hope this guy does some serious time and not just a slap on the wrist!

I hope while he's waiting trial that they strap him down, duct tape his mouth and put a hood over his head. I know that isn't going to happen but it should.

What an idiot! So he carried out this cruel act because he "wanted to go out". Glad to see they have charged him with attempted murder, and not just child endangeremnt. Sadly, I bet he doesn't do a lot of time. This will be an interesting one to follow legally.

I hope while he's waiting trial that they strap him down, duct tape his mouth and put a hood over his head. I know that isn't going to happen but it should.

and maybe sit him out in the middle of the 'rec' yard in general population??
Yeah...sounds like the perfect place for this sorry azzzz...
:banghead:

What it wrong with people? How well do parents know the people with whom they entrust their children? And what a loathsome human being to treat these babies this way. I hope they don't later reduce the charges. What he did was truly horrific.

I have no words for this,............. except 'unbelieveable!'

:(
fran

PS.....OH, but THANK YOU to the couple for finding these two precious angels!

I am going on a little rant here.

I am reading this and we have a 20 year old mother with a two year old, a one year old, and a boyfriend she has had for one year and is not the father of her children. After a year, she or her family didn't notice anything unseemly about this guy -- so, unexpectedly, one day he just tapes the babies in their car seats, gags them, covers their heads and leaves them in a garage so he can go party. It is hard to believe he turned this mean on one night. Makes me wonder how many other times he has done this or some other horrific act.

We have an alarming number of unwed mothers in our country. I would guess many, like this mother, have more than one child and by more than one "boyfriend." The number of unwed mothers in 1960 was 5% of all births. Today that number is 40% and growing. Then factor in the "boyfriend" that has no real interest in the child and no wonder these children are on a growing list of neglected, abused, or murdered children. If a person can't take care of themselves by themselves, why do they think they can raise a child alone? Children deserve better. These little boys sure deserved better.

The means to avoid a pregnancy are readily available. Why do these girls/women keep having babies out of wedlock or even a without solid relationship with a boy/man that would contribute/paticipate to their child's upbringing? What are we not conveying to our daughters about relationships and the awesome responsibility of raising a child?

This man needs to be bound and gagged tied to a chair and left in a hot garage to die for his punishment...WTH gets in to people I'll never understand! Thank goodness for this woman and her husband for being aware of their surroundings and calling.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10514311

Great uncle of tots bound and gagged wants payback

further down in that article I found this:

The mother is not being charged in connection with this crime. Her family tells us she is trying to regain custody of her children from Child Protective Services.

So why didn't she have custody? How long did CPs have custody? I think there is going to be more to this story.

further down in that article I found this:

The mother is not being charged in connection with this crime. Her family tells us she is trying to regain custody of her children from Child Protective Services.

So why didn't she have custody? How long did CPs have custody? I think there is going to be more to this story.

She had custody but CPS took them after they were checked at the hospital- standard procedure. Though I'm not sure whey they haven't been given back; who knows- maybe there is more to the story. I hope not!!!

......The means to avoid a pregnancy are readily available. Why do these girls/women keep having babies out of wedlock or even a without solid relationship with a boy/man that would contribute/paticipate to their child's upbringing? What are we not conveying to our daughters about relationships and the awesome responsibility of raising a child?

(respectfully snipped)

This train of thought and these questions deserve their own thread - I believe we've had one or two here that are in the neighborhood, but I couldn't find them.

I recall reading a story sometime in the last year or two - an interview with a young unwed mother of two or three children. She came from a poor family and had not completed school. She spoke honestly about how in her entire life the only time she was treated important or special was when she was pregnant. It was sad.

man arrested for having bound & gagged two toddlers::banghead:

"The arrest report says Weaver told police he was upset his girlfriend asked him to watch her 1 and 2-year-old children while she attended night school. According to the report, Weaver didn't think leaving the boys in the garage was a big deal because they had been on garage "camp outs" before.

As I'm watching the 4 PM news here, they're reporting the perp said to police he was "angry' that he had to watch the children when he wanted to go to the 51s basketball game! :banghead:

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=10518536&nav=menu102_2

What a guy - wonder if his own kid will be treated with the same care and attention!

Jonathan Weaver

Offense: 2 counts - Child Abuse/Endangerment with a Deadly Weapon
Offense: 2 counts - 1st Degree Kidnapping with a Deadly Weapon
Offense: 2 counts - Attempted Murder with a Deadly Weapon

Held at the Clark County Detention Center on $400,000 bond

Court dates -
10/21/2010 - Calendar Call
10/25/2010 - Trial by Jury

I am going on a little rant here.

I am reading this and we have a 20 year old mother with a two year old, a one year old, and a boyfriend she has had for one year and is not the father of her children. After a year, she or her family didn't notice anything unseemly about this guy -- so, unexpectedly, one day he just tapes the babies in their car seats, gags them, covers their heads and leaves them in a garage so he can go party. It is hard to believe he turned this mean on one night. Makes me wonder how many other times he has done this or some other horrific act.

We have an alarming number of unwed mothers in our country. I would guess many, like this mother, have more than one child and by more than one "boyfriend." The number of unwed mothers in 1960 was 5% of all births. Today that number is 40% and growing. Then factor in the "boyfriend" that has no real interest in the child and no wonder these children are on a growing list of neglected, abused, or murdered children. If a person can't take care of themselves by themselves, why do they think they can raise a child alone? Children deserve better. These little boys sure deserved better.

The means to avoid a pregnancy are readily available. Why do these girls/women keep having babies out of wedlock or even a without solid relationship with a boy/man that would contribute/paticipate to their child's upbringing? What are we not conveying to our daughters about relationships and the awesome responsibility of raising a child?

Sometimes the mothers aren't always to blame. I didn't mean to get pregnant out of wedlock and was in fact on birth control at the time of conception (in fact kept taking it for a few weeks before I realized I was pregnant). Had full intentions of getting married and was engaged but the father left me just suddenly. Long story short, I totally agree with your post but there are some exceptions to the rule. It is stories like these that make me SO uninterested in dating anymore, in fact since being left by my ex-fiancee I'm scared to date anyone anymore. I don't know if I just don't have very good judge of character since after almost 3 years of dating and a brief engagement I thought my partner was a wonderful person and a potentially good father. Nothing is worth risking the well-being or happiness of my children, though, that is for sure. I'm thinking if I ever do decide to date again I would still never leave my children alone with them, not when I have family more than willing to babysit on the rare occasion I treat myself to a night out! I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt I can trust them 110%, taking chances with my children for even a 1% risk is NOT WORTH IT, IMO! Men/relationships/partners are replaceable, children are NOT. That's the part I can't understand about these mothers, how apt they are to trust their boyfriends with their children's care! To me, that kind of trust should only come with a 100% guarantee, nothing less! Anything less than that is putting your children at risk since you truly cannot know another person fully, even after a year or so of dating. If I couldn't have seen the way my ex fiancee would have ended up treating me, then surely he could have been capable of treating my children in a way I couldn't have imagined as well.

ITA mabey if there are harsher laws on crimes against children there wont be so many .. like if you harm a child intentionally life automatically and if you kill them death automatically .. something has to be done asap before more die at the hands of an adult

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back