FL - Gretchen Grodin, 11 mos, found in shallow grave, Fort Myers, 2000

I wonder why the mom wasnt charged, it says she helped bury the body.

i think she was charged and pled guilty. she has been serving time and testified against him. i can't remember the specifics. is there another thread on websleuths about this case?

i live in ft myers and remember this case. i worked around the corner where the poor baby was found. so very very sad.

i think she was charged and pled guilty. she has been serving time and testified against him. i can't remember the specifics. is there another thread on websleuths about this case?

i live in ft myers and remember this case. i worked around the corner where the poor baby was found. so very very sad.

I live less than 2 miles from the apartments where this occurred. I've been waiting for this day for many long years.

Yes...mom copped to a lesser in exchange for her testimony. They both should fry.

She was charged according to this snippet from the link posted above:

Thin and reserved, Mary Grodin took the stand Tuesday morning wearing a red jail jumpsuit. In 2000, she signed a plea agreement with the state that called for a 15-year prison sentence and her testimony. She has spent the last nine years in custody - the last six in the Collier County Jail.

Oh okay sorry I didnt read enough to see that. Im glad though because they both deserve to rot in jail and in something that rhymes with jail lol

I live less than 2 miles from the apartments where this occurred. I've been waiting for this day for many long years.

Yes...mom copped to a lesser in exchange for her testimony. They both should fry.

yeah, i worked for doctors office off of college parkway, it was too close.

i agree that mom should have faced a tougher punishment. i can't believe she has been sitting in the collier county JAIL for the past NINE years...why didnt she go to PRISON???

this was one of the first cases that i followed that involved child abuse/murder by a family member. i know it has been happening for hundreds of years, but this is the case that made it "real". i guess because it was so "close."

Sounds to me like the mother should have gotten the same sentence that he man got...the DP. Any woman who would help bury her baby girl and not turn the killer in is guilty too. Was she home when this baby was murdered? If so, she should never have gotten any kind of a deal.

Glad this baby has finally gotten justice. The sad thing is though....justice never brings the dead back to life. Hope they throw that mother in general population in prison and she will probably get the DP too.

I've been searching for an article that would provide a good time line or overview of the entire case. I'll keep on searching, but for now this can give you a little more insight about these two very messed up, broken, people. The bio-mom, should have been incarcerated long ago and NEVER had an opportunity to ever...indiscriminately breed...again after her second child was almost killed by Justin. :furious:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/apr/24/witness_dead_babys_dad_acted_weird/

A Fort Myers man convicted in the death of his infant daughter has been sentenced to life in prison.

A Lee County judge broke from the jury's recommendation of the death penalty Friday and sentenced 35-year-old Justin Grodin to life behind bars.

The trial was delayed for a decade because of questions about Grodin's mental health. His wife and the girl's mother pleaded guilty to child abuse and is scheduled to be sentenced on Monday.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1240471.html

I am so glad that both of these monsters were found guilty and locked up. God Bless baby Gretchen, she was such a pretty little angel.

I am sorry he did not end up with the DP....I see the judge broke that, too bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back