FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
*bolded by me*

Was the attack in 2007 or 2008? :waitasec:

According to this quote it occurred last year.... So 2008, right?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ocasio-suspect-warrant-060809,0,6915913.story

Yes the attack was 2008. I recall one article stating it was about 8 months prior to Tracy's disappearance which would validate 2008.

Found better validation:

"Also on Tuesday, there was another turn in the Ocasio case when a Seminole County woman came forward to say that she was assaulted by James Hataway in 2008."

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/060309ocasio_search

I really wanna know who that 4:30 a.m. call was made "TO" and where the phone pinged then. Darnit :sleuth:

I can't stop thinking about her phone. I wonder whether her mother got voice mail or what. If it pinged at 8:30 within 1000 feet of JVH's house and the area around his house has been thoroughly checked (and even his septic tank), what does that mean?

Also, if the phone became submerged, would that disable any further pinging? I know what has happened to any phone I have dropped in water.

I can't stop thinking about her phone. I wonder whether her mother got voice mail or what. If it pinged at 8:30 within 1000 feet of JVH's house and the area around his house has been thoroughly checked (and even his septic tank), what does that mean?

Also, if the phone became submerged, would that disable any further pinging? I know what has happened to any phone I have dropped in water.

Mombomb,

I'm no cell expert but learned a whole lot with the Caylee case and ping info. What I do know is there are two different kinds of pings that the phone company keeps record of:

Periodic cell tower location pings are recorded every few minutes and are used to link a phone to the nearest tower. The phone company only keeps these records for 24-48 hours because of the enormous amount of data. These pings would definitely end after a phone is submerged in water or if the phone is powered off in any way.

Call pings are associated with incoming or outgoing calls or text messages and these are saved by the phone company for a much longer time. Since LE is only giving info on the specific 8:30 ping I assume they are using ping records associated with the incoming call.

I am hopeful LE was able to get record of cell tower locator pings before the phone company would have deleted them. We learned quickly in the Caylee case 31 days was definitely beyond the scope of any hope to get the locator pings.

Bond jump in here if I'm way off base. You're the "Ping Master" in my book!!! :bowdown:

While there could be more than one person involved, if they had a "getaway" car...I cannot believe they would leave her car within walking distance of JVH's house. Makes no sense. They would have dumped her car somewhere unrelated to any of them.

I don't think JVH was thinking he was going to be caught - he probably didn't realize there was security cameras at the Tap Room. Perhaps he figured Tracy's car would be "stolen" from where it was parked that night - knowing the area and potential for it to "disappear" if it was left there long enough - unattended and unlocked. Just a thought.

I'm wondering what Le was looking for in the septic tank? We have septic tanks. the only way to get a body in a septic tank would be to unearth the dirt and grass over the apporx 4 ft round 6in thick concrete lid. then remove the lid. Put the lid back and recover it. If LE had to remove trees I don't think they were looking for her body.
Maybe drugs flushed in baggies or jewerly, cellphone, and or keys? not even sure if you could get a gun or knife down a septic without removing the lid as it would get stuck in the pipes.
This is really interesting....

man do I feel sorry for the poor guy having to search the contents they sucked out.

LOL don't worry about the septic guys - used to work in the office of one of those companies - they get paid for it trust me! They pretty much just pump it out through a giant screen. You'd be amazed at what they find! Most common item? Whole vitamins!!!:eek:

I'm right there w/ you, mombomb. ;)

One clarification. The tower is what is located ~1,000 feet from JVH's house. That's the tower that carried the transmission. In other words the phone was prolly closer to that specific tower than to any other tower in the area. Rule of thumb...a tower can have a range up to a few miles...so w/o information on (a) the strength of the transmission signal, or (b) the sector of the tower that carried the transmission, we can only say her phone was somewhere around that tower. LE has the info that tells them what side of the tower the phone was on.

I wanna know what sector both the 4:30AM and 8:30AM pings were in.

And, of course, I want all of JVH's cell records...oh...and while your @ it, throw in Toole's, some Hutto's, Watters, Sharpe's....I'm not picky. :rolleyes:

I'm working to see if we can get a local Verizon customer or two to do something that we did in the Anthony case. That is...set their phone to read some specific location data, and drive around the areas of interest in the case so we can determine the boundary of the key cell tower sectors. That'll put us a step ahead of when we do get a cell ping or two from LE or the media.

I also read that there are some areas around this specific tower that do not have a signal...so...in addition to establishing the sectors...if we could establish these zones we could eliminate some areas...that is to say, we know Tracy's phone wasn't in those areas @ 4:30AM or 8:30AM @ the exact times it pinged the tower(s), IYKWIM.

Hope I didn't confuse things more.

Mombomb,

I'm no cell expert but learned a whole lot with the Caylee case and ping info. What I do know is there are two different kinds of pings that the phone company keeps record of:

Periodic cell tower location pings are recorded every few minutes and are used to link a phone to the nearest tower. The phone company only keeps these records for 24-48 hours because of the enormous amount of data. These pings would definitely end after a phone is submerged in water or if the phone is powered off in any way.

Call pings are associated with incoming or outgoing calls or text messages and these are saved by the phone company for a much longer time. Since LE is only giving info on the specific 8:30 ping I assume they are using ping records associated with the incoming call.

I am hopeful LE was able to get record of cell tower locator pings before the phone company would have deleted them. We learned quickly in the Caylee case 31 days was definitely beyond the scope of any hope to get the locator pings.

Bond jump in here if I'm way off base. You're the "Ping Master" in my book!!! :bowdown:

Wouldn't change a letter of it. :blowkiss:

Can anyone advise if there are cadaver dogs available in the immediate area? I know we've had a few in Orlando in the past.

Short of that...anyone w/ experience of human decomp odor? TIA.

I just got back from dinner with a friend. She and I ride horses together and often rode in the Apopka trails in the past and there are a TON of them and many of them in the middle of nowhere it seems. BUT...they are wider trails and cars could potentially drive through them and I've never really seen them muddy, even after rain.

Unfortunately I dropped my car keys once and we had to backtrack on foot to find them. There is quite a bit of very heavy sand and it is not easily walked on foot but even with all the rain, it wouldn't have been muddy, so I think the rain wouldn't have made it impossible to access areas w/o creating a mess. We also had to park quite far away to even get to the groves (which we accessed via the trails) where they were (thankfully) but many of the trails are easily accessed by cars. We covered atleast a mile w/in 30 mintues so maybe that can shed some light on the potential timeframe. Typically we saw ATVs but we've seen large trucks back there so you have some room to move around. This was the middle of the day and we were still freaked out and walked as fast as we possibly could.

Soooo many strange people hang out in these areas, usually at night, and often you find illegal dumping and once before there was even an abandoned car with the windows shot out (part of the reason we've chosen to ride elsewhere). We've always said "one time there is going to be a body". Ughhhhh.

I bring this up b/c she recently rode through these trails again...which none of us do anymore...we've found better less littered places...and there was a large hole dug up in the middle of nowhere. She immediately thought of TO and checked it out. Nothing found but she said WHY would someone dig a hole that BIG in the middle of nowhere.

I don't want to pinpoint the area b/c of past warnings but I can give a general idea if someone tells me it's safe to do so. You aren't far from the 429 and even if it's not where we would find TO, I wouldn't be shocked to hear this had been a stomping ground for this group in the past.

I will say this...no one seems to be shy about dumping trash out in the open so why the hole? Truly, it was proabably beautiful scenery in the past that is now littered with tires, fridges and beer cans.

PLUS...there are small ponds scattered throughout the area. We used to stop for water for the horses. They get much much bigger when it rains.

Let me know about posting the main streets in the area. Thanks!

I bring this up b/c she recently rode through these trails again...which none of us do anymore...we've found better less littered places...and there was a large hole dug up in the middle of nowhere. She immediately thought of TO and checked it out. Nothing found but she said WHY would someone dig a hole that BIG in the middle of nowhere.

I don't want to pinpoint the area b/c of past warnings but I can give a general idea if someone tells me it's safe to do so. You aren't far from the 429 and even if it's not where we would find TO, I wouldn't be shocked to hear this had been a stomping ground for this group in the past.

I will say this...no one seems to be shy about dumping trash out in the open so why the hole? Truly, it was proabably beautiful scenery in the past that is now littered with tires, fridges and beer cans.

PLUS...there are small ponds scattered throughout the area. We used to stop for water for the horses. They get much much bigger when it rains.

Let me know about posting the main streets in the area. Thanks!
*snipped*

Jeno, thoroughly appreciate the detail in your post. Kudos for no details on the locaton. :thumb:

First - I just urged someone else to contact LE w/ something they observed. I would also urge you to do the same regarding this unusual find. LE will want some of the following details if you already have them...but they'll wanna hear from you...and they'll wanna check it out.

Second - when was this observed by your friend? Date & approx time?

Third - approx size & shape? oblong, round, 2'x2'x2', etc. estimate best u can

Fourth - did the friend observe if it was freshly dug...depending on when it was dug in relation to the last heavy ran the soil removed - if pile adjacent to the hole would show some signs of being muddied vs. loose soil IYKWIM

Fifth - appear to be dug by hand or machine?

Just because something wasn't there when your friend was there doesn't means something wasn't (a) there before, or, (b) about to be moved there IYKWIM.

Thanks for sharing.

Bjb...I've got an email to my friend checking on the details and let her know she should report it.

Keep you posted!

Updated the map to reflect a 1mile radius on the "Crown" cell tower. Based on the tower to the north...a 1mile radius seems a reasonable place to start. Shown on the map as a red circle.

Interesting to note that this would make a ping from Toole's house within the realm of possibilities. Couldn't rule out Hutto's altogether...but kinduva stretch IMHO.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....580452,-81.528683&spn=0.073563,0.105228&z=13

I also don't believe that Hataway took her home. The cops have dna Hataway, he knew so well that he was going to pass that, but the Ocoee police said he failed the polygraph. He planned this, I am sure, and he was not alone.

I also don't believe that Hataway took her home. The cops have dna Hataway, he knew so well that he was going to pass that, but the Ocoee police said he failed the polygraph. He planned this, I am sure, and he was not alone.
*bold by me*

Welcome, Calilady.

Can you clarify what you mean by the bolded portion above? I'm not following you. TIA!

Hi Calilady! Welcome to Websleuths!!!

welcome2001.gif

Updated the map to reflect a 1mile radius on the "Crown" cell tower. Based on the tower to the north...a 1mile radius seems a reasonable place to start. Shown on the map as a red circle.

Interesting to note that this would make a ping from Toole's house within the realm of possibilities. Couldn't rule out Hutto's altogether...but kinduva stretch IMHO.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....580452,-81.528683&spn=0.073563,0.105228&z=13

I found this pic of the tower , it seems sort of new.

vrztower.JPG

Do we know of the next closest verified verizon tower to this one?

I found this pic of the tower , it seems sort of new.

View attachment 4215

Do we know of the next closest verified verizon tower to this one?

Short answer...

Verizon = no​

Slightly longer answer...

I believe Verizon is partnered w/ T-mobile in this area (could be wrong):

T-mobile = 2151 Ocoee Apoka Rd. Apoka, FL (marked on the map just north of the Crown tower) on the north side of 429 near the Ocoee Apopka Rd. already marked on the map​

Long answer...

If you select Verizon via the filter of the linked site you'll find no towers.

If you select all carriers you'll find several towers, but, not any that meet the criteria of being ~1,000' from JVH's

If you deselect all carriers you'll find the "Crown" tower that's 1,000' from Hataway's. So...I think we're dealing w/ a combination of carrier & independent towers to cover this area...FWIW.​

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=ocoee&state_abr=fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members