Gale Storm, perky star of 1950s TV, dies at 87

Dark Knight

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES – Gale Storm, whose wholesome appearance and perky personality made her one of early television's biggest stars on "My Little Margie" and "The Gale Storm Show," has died at age 87.

Storm, who had been in failing health in recent years, died Saturday at a convalescent hospital, said her son, Peter Bonnell.

Before landing the starring role in "My Little Margie" in 1952, Storm starred in numerous B movies opposite such stars as Roy Rogers, Eddie Albert and Jackie Cooper. After her last TV series, "The Gale Storm Show," ended in 1960 she went on to a successful singing career while continuing to make occasional TV appearances.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090628/ap_en_ce/us_obit_storm

RIP Gale.

LOS ANGELES – Gale Storm, whose wholesome appearance and perky personality made her one of early television's biggest stars on "My Little Margie" and "The Gale Storm Show," has died at age 87.

Storm, who had been in failing health in recent years, died Saturday at a convalescent hospital, said her son, Peter Bonnell.

Before landing the starring role in "My Little Margie" in 1952, Storm starred in numerous B movies opposite such stars as Roy Rogers, Eddie Albert and Jackie Cooper. After her last TV series, "The Gale Storm Show," ended in 1960 she went on to a successful singing career while continuing to make occasional TV appearances.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090628/ap_en_ce/us_obit_storm

RIP Gale.

Thanks Dark Knight, I watched My Little Margie all the time cause our Dad finally broke down and bought us a TV. She was great and I am thankful she had a long life. God Bless her. xox

Oh my goodness! I haven't heard that name in eons! I have to admit,I thought she would have been older,and passed a while ago. I was just an itty bitty one when she was popular.

RIP Gale Storm.

I remember Gale Storm very well, she's about 10yrs. older than me.If you like old movies she starred with Diana Lynn in the 40's in "Our Hearts Were Young And Gay",there was a sequel also.I liked her very much.She had a problem with alcohol in the late 40's, came back as was stated but never made it big in the movies again.Her sense of humor was fantastic..

She also starred in Oh! Susanna a tv show that debut in 1956. ZaSu Pitts co-starred.
My Little Margie ran for three years from 1952.
But, then, you all knew this.

WOW, we lost allot of famous people this week. I was a young girl but remember her shows well. My mom and grandma watched her shows all the time. R.I.P.

Boy! What memories! My Little Margie..was my favorite, then Our Miss Brooks..Heck, I even liked Sky King and later on Bonanza. But of course I would like Bonanza, my cousin played the priest!

RIP Ms Storm! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back