FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wesh.com/video/14515757/index.html
4pm LIVE news

Girl says last year Hataway tried to kill her. She came forward after seeing the news last night of his arrest. She had given him a ride to his home in Castleberry after a party, she went to give him a little hug goodbye & he tried to strangle her, she got out of car, began running and screaming, neighbors came out and I'm guessing he ran away.She has scars on both arms from falling. She described & demonstrates how he tried to put his fingers in her mouth to try to yank & snap her jaw/break her neck. She filed a complaint w/LE but they could not locate him at the time to question him.

Here's the August 08 woman. Still looking for the other two that were reported on by the press. Don't know if they filed formal complaints.

Okay, I haven't rec'd anymore info on the hole but she was going to check with someone who may still ride in that area.

The JK search was the lead story on WESH at 6pm. Nothing on Tracy for this half hour. Not sure what they did earlier but I have heard very little information on her case. LE seems to be holding this one close. Perhaps they're closer to an answer and don't want to jeopardize it?

Re: the description of what the girl described about the neck. I once said to my chiropractor "How do you not break necks doing this" and he explained that the movies make it a lot easier than it is. Maybe he was making me feel better and didn't want to hurt his business but JVH seems as if he was practicing his craft. It seems like the least (pardon me) messy option if he was in a hurry. I wonder if he had found teeth marks on him when arrested? Oh! And what about his friend in the pictures that were on his myspace that people claim was a skateboaring accident? The picture of his knuckles sure look like teeth marks to me...not a fall from a skateboard. Makes me wonder who's teeth marks they could be? OCG?

Here's the August 08 woman. Still looking for the other two that were reported on by the press. Don't know if they filed formal complaints.

I think it's fair or reasonable anyway to believe that, by the time the girl who gave JVH a ride last year went to give him a "little hug" and say goodbye, she could well have already refused some further invitation during the course of that car ride. Thus while it may not have been immediately connected in her mind, an earlier rejection could easily have been the trigger, or precipitating event, for him.

Such a possible pattern of spontaneous sexually- and rage-motivated crimes--w exception of George--supports or fits more w a theory of JVH acting alone vs. having accomplice/s. Just not certain we know enough at this stage to rule out killing/s which may be either premeditated, and/or involve other participant/s.

:parrot:

This is the article that mentions the circumstances of both women who were attacked.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-hataway-person-interest-ocasio-060409,0,1953691.story

Yes the description given of the other incident is a huge clue suggesting any murder perpetrated by him may in fact be sexually motivated. I guess the question still lingering in my mind is whether there could be any others equally culpable who may similarly enjoy sexual violence w whom he has pacted to shared this sort of thing, or if JVH reserves this particular brand of terror and 'excitement' strictly for himself.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/060909_More_questioned_in_case_of_missing_woman

While rereading the news articles, I came across this one. I must have missed it before. I know someone had asked how JVH was getting to the bar. The friend listed in the article is a name I haven't come across before.

"On Tuesday, one of Hataway's friends, JS, talked with detectives for about an hour. Investigators called it an emotional interview.

JS dropped Hataway off at the Florida Tap Room two weeks ago, the same night surveillance video captured TO leaving with Hataway following an Orlando Magic watch party.

FOX 35 attempted to talk to JS about that night, but he wasn't thrilled to see us. "Go away! I have nothing to say to you." he said."

To clarify I should say a theory of spurned advances or rejection-fueled, rage-filled killings is hardly exclusive of premeditation, ie if perp accepts or offers an impromptu ride to a female and proceeds to batter, murder, or force sex this is lightyears from a defense against premeditation. Like LE tho no doubt I'm still just trying to guage whether we are most likely dealing w a perp who deliberately ensnares and drags his prey back to where he knows others will assist in the kill... or silently, shrewdly, and singlehandedly savors this guilty (not) pleasure. Obviously these are two entirely different pictures, patterns, and profiles.

What i meant was that he transported Tracy by foot (Carried her) from the temporary spot to the final spot (ie dumpster). i have walked the grounds there and it's not farfetched for him to do so. there is a dumpster located off of the tracks over where they turn between lyle and her car on franklin.
other explanation is that he parked the car - ran home at 2:30 - hung out with dad until dad snoozed (Alibi) - then jetted back out at 4:30 - moved tracy - buttdialing occurts - he returns to the car to move it but now has lost the keys - searches for keys, gives up and goes home.
(bbm) Sorry if I'm slow, but just to be sure I understand... is this theory speculating there is a different vehicle (other than Cobalt) to which JVH had access to transport body, after she's dead and left elsewhere (other than Cobalt)? Otherwise the hole I'm still seeing is there was no hint of decomp detected in Tracy's car. Given neither dogs detected any hint of Tracy in or around JVH's house as well, I would not expect her scent to be found anywhere in area of her car either (her living scent would of course have been easily tracked w/in her own vehicle, sort of stating the obvious...)

What i meant was that he transported Tracy by foot (Carried her) from the temporary spot to the final spot (ie dumpster). i have walked the grounds there and it's not farfetched for him to do so. there is a dumpster located off of the tracks over where they turn between lyle and her car on franklin.
other explanation is that he parked the car - ran home at 2:30 - hung out with dad until dad snoozed (Alibi) - then jetted back out at 4:30 - moved tracy - buttdialing occurts - he returns to the car to move it but now has lost the keys - searches for keys, gives up and goes home.

Amy, I like the second part of your post - sounds more like a realistic scenario to me. He's lazy, drunk/high or both and probably a little jittery or nervous over what he just did or may have done - moving fast could cause the loss of keys if distracted. Dumps car close enough that he doesn't have to walk that far.

Only reason I can think of that the car would be there - setup sounds too far fetched to me. I am leaning more towards the "he did it himself" theory but others may know because he has bragged? about doing this before? I truly do think he was nervous in that nice yellow car in the middle of the night.

Note: LE said when asked by media about his poly "he failed it miserably". Not that it was "questionable" or anything like we heard with Haleigh, it was "miserably". What's that tell ya?

Anyone else smell familiarity in the Kesse dig going on? Previously discussed was the chance that he may have worked for whatever debris removal company was renovating Jennifer's apt complex. IIRC, we never could get confirmation or the name of that company correct?

Would like to know if there is any landclearing/filling going on anywhere near the Tap Room, or his area of Ocoee!

I believe that heavy equipment often left at sites is generally started with a sort of master key that fits all of the "bulldozers" or "backhoes" etc. This saves the crews from having to find one person with a key or from having to return to an office to get a different key when going to another jobsite. (facts I learned when heavy equip. was stolen locally to where I live reported on by the media - I never knew this!)

So access to a key or possession as a crew lead of a key allows him the use of heavy equipment too?! Most of this heavy equipment doesn't have any lights so other than some start up noise, it would be minimal attraction of attention - am I crazy here? Probably - just thinking out loud...

I also wanna know about the vacant property behind the house near where Tracy's car was found. To avoid being seen, could he have cut through those woods only crossing the tracks to take a back/business way to his house rather than walking right down the tracks or a busy street? Her keys have to be somewhere between his house and that car! UGH My brain hurts too...

Big TY to maconrich :clap: for pointing out the details in a FoxNews report of the location of JVH's former Fern Park residence. If I'm following it correctly, this was where he lived August '08.

Updated the map to reflect the location.

Also noting:
  • This house is inside the radius of plausible travel time in the Ocasio case
  • This house is currently empty :eek:
  • This house is on the street on which the August '08 assault occurred and neighbors responded to the victim's cries for help, strongly supporting, IMHO, that the victim gave him a ride to his house

Wonder if JVH still has a key to that place, eh? :waitasec:

ETA: Per Google Maps...
  • 36 min drive from Tap Room to the Fern Park house using J Young Pkwy (few routes possible)
  • 36 min drive from Fern Park house to JVH's current residence in Ocoee (147 Lyle).
Link to map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...7385,-81.462936&spn=0.31844,0.441513&t=h&z=11

Details in the FoxNews report video ~1/2-way through here.

It may be worth finding out who the GC (general contractor) was on the JK's condo. They will often use the same subcontractors. Debris removal companies aren't the biggest line items on a project but landclearing certainly is. I would also guess that a residential project of this size may have been on a master insurance policy (a CCIP, OCIP which is a Contractor or Owner Controlled Insurance Policy otherwise known as a "wrap"). Either way, the GC will (or should) know what subs he used on that project.

Someone out their with some investigating skills may want to call the GC. You could always research the developer to find out which GC they used.

Btw...Fern Park...not a good area...at all. There is a ton of road construction going on on the main drag of 17-92. My friend promptly sold the house she grew up in when her father passed b/c of the crime and goings on. It isn't a huge area but I wasn't even comfortable coming during the day to help her clean out to sell. You're very close to all of the strip clubs in Seminole county and access back to Ocoee is easy that time of night by heading up Maitland Blvd. Traffic during the day is VERY heavy but its smooth sailing at night. Especially that late. Good to hear they're checking former homes.

I will see what I can find on the developer or GC.

I didn't see anything from googling but then again I'm on my BB. If I have time I will call Orange county to see who pulled the permit. If someone beats me to it let me know!

Btw...Fern Park...not a good area...at all. There is a ton of road construction going on on the main drag of 17-92. My friend promptly sold the house she grew up in when her father passed b/c of the crime and goings on. It isn't a huge area but I wasn't even comfortable coming during the day to help her clean out to sell. You're very close to all of the strip clubs in Seminole county and access back to Ocoee is easy that time of night by heading up Maitland Blvd. Traffic during the day is VERY heavy but its smooth sailing at night. Especially that late. Good to hear they're checking former homes.

Yes, and the Maitland Blvd. route goes right over Forest City Road which is about 2 minutes from Kennedy Blvd. where Lashonda Brand was found FWIW. Also, I don't know if MapQuest shows the Maitland Blvd. extension heading to 441 and eventually to the 429 which would cut a little time off the drive to Ocoee.

Looks like the Fern Park house was taken over by the bank in September of 2008. Seminole county property records showed three names as the prior owners.

I noticed fox news stated the sewer was in Ocoee
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/063009ocasio_sewer_search
I also noticed on the north side of Franklin there is standing water in a ditch between where the car was found and Lee street. Hope they got it done where ever it is due too there is a storm rolling in.

Also i saw a program for Blackberry called "Signal-Location Utilities for BlackBerry". It displays cell tower locations and info, going to try it out tonight but with nextell due thats the only one i can borrow at the moment.
I bought an old Verizon motorla cell phone at the flea market trying to get out cell info but still trying to decode it but its tuff going.

It may be worth finding out who the GC (general contractor) was on the JK's condo. They will often use the same subcontractors. Debris removal companies aren't the biggest line items on a project but landclearing certainly is. I would also guess that a residential project of this size may have been on a master insurance policy (a CCIP, OCIP which is a Contractor or Owner Controlled Insurance Policy otherwise known as a "wrap"). Either way, the GC will (or should) know what subs he used on that project.

Someone out their with some investigating skills may want to call the GC. You could always research the developer to find out which GC they used.

I will see what I can find on the developer or GC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

You might check the JK threads. I know the contractor on those condos
was listed. I seem to remember that contractor did not have good records of who he hired to do what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member