2009.07.01 Tony L's Counsel On Court Doc

Bobbisangel

Reaction score
Why does Tony have an attorney and why was he going to court on the 1st? Anyone have any idea?

Why does Tony have an attorney and why was he going to court on the 1st? Anyone have any idea?

Is this on the Casey criminal court docket (I did not see a link)? If so, perhaps it has something to do with fighting a subpoena duces tecum? As I haven't looked at the docket in a few weeks I'm not sure.

Civil Case Docket Updated!

CASE ACTIONS:
Docket Date---Docket Entry--------Comments---------------------Party
6/30/2009---Notice of Hearing----09/09/2009 3:15pm

7/1/2009---Notice Appearance of Counsel-----for Anthony Lazzaro

I'd assume Morgan wants to depose TL too. Maybe TL is sick of being deposed?

Smart kid getting an attorney. I know I'd make my kids get one in a heart beat if they had any part in something like this.

Tony more then likely has an attorney as Tony was with Casey during the time before and after Caylee went missing.

If I understand this correctly, a lawyer must file a "Notice Of Appearance" with the court when a lawyer joins a case.

https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov/cand/faq/appearance.htm

It's just a darn shame any of these young people have to spend money (and it's not cheap) to have a lawyer represent them. Casey's touch spread far and wide ---- she hurt everyone who knows her it seems --- but you're right, not knowing who Casey will blame makes it imperitive to have an attorney.

And thank goodness he does. (have an attourney) I am sure that the defence team are circling, watching and waiting for opportunity to do some more under-the-bus throwing.

I bet dollars for donuts JG was not the only candidate in line to be squished.

It's just a darn shame any of these young people have to spend money (and it's not cheap) to have a lawyer represent them. Casey's touch spread far and wide ---- she hurt everyone who knows her it seems --- but you're right, not knowing who Casey will blame makes it imperitive to have an attorney.

Casey gets her "dream team" for free while everyone affected by this BS has to pay for lawyers.... I don't like that one itty little bit!:furious:

I just wonder if these young people, that have had to go out and pay for an atty, will be able to recoup that money, maybe through a civil suit, when all is said and done ? I know Casey is broke right now, but maybe the suit could extend to the family, as they have also made statements about Jesse and Amy being guilty in this crime ? It just seems so unfair that an innocent person should have to spend money to defend against false allegations.

If he (or any of the other young people involved in this case) was my kid, I most definitely would be paying or helping to pay the bucks to have a good lawyer represent him. IMO I believe his family is helping cover his legal fees, his main reason to be here in Orlando is to go to school full time.

I just wonder if these young people, that have had to go out and pay for an atty, will be able to recoup that money, maybe through a civil suit, when all is said and done ? I know Casey is broke right now, but maybe the suit could extend to the family, as they have also made statements about Jesse and Amy being guilty in this crime ? It just seems so unfair that an innocent person should have to spend money to defend against false allegations.

IMO I am sure Mr Grund is keeping a watchful eye on Team Casey and the A's . Mr Grund stated he had a a PI working for them and I have seen Jesse's attorney on TV with him. IMO they are investigating and preparing themselves for the criminal trial and a civil trial if they feel they need to go that route.

Don't worry about Tony L. He'll recoup with a book or movie rights to his life.

The points you raise are a major part of why I became disenchanted at the field of law. Working as a paralegal for 4 years, I saw clearly that the justice one got was the justice one could afford, most particularly in civil cases. At least in the criminal system, defendants can qualify for free representation (and in DP cases notably, are often appointed top-notch attorneys) if they are indigent. In civil cases no such provision exists. There are overworked and understaffed legal aid clinics in some areas, but they mainly focus on domestic issues. So people like Amy, Jesse, Tony etc. who will have the prosecutors ostensibly looking out for their interests at the criminal proceedings, are basically just twisting in the wind right now with these civil depos. Unless they want to be chewed up and spit out by KC's legal team, they have to fork over signifigant cash to defend their reputations and avoid becoming the scapegoats for KC's crime.

Don't worry about Tony L. He'll recoup with a book or movie rights to his life.

There should be another way for him to recoup the money he has to put up for legal costs. He shouldn't have to sell his right to keep as much of his personal life private as he can.

I feel bad for all of the innocent people who have been dragged into this mess. So many have been affected by being associated with Casey, or finding Caylee's remains, or just doing their jobs.

In addition to the invasion of privacy, and the financial hit, they all still have the stress of the upcoming trial. Everyone who testifies will have to endure cross-examination too.

Tony's lawyer, William R. Jay, looks to be very successful...I am impressed.

"Will spent 10 years with the State Attorney's Office as a prosecutor. Six of those years were spent in the Sex Crimes/Child Abuse unit."

http://www.carstenandladan.com/bio/WilliamJay.asp

OK---I'm gonna quit worrying about these kids---they will make it. We don't know if these lawyers are even chargin these kids. They may be just gittin tired of all the B.S. If I was a lwayer in the area I would do it for free cuz I am tired of the B.S.

There should be another way for him to recoup the money he has to put up for legal costs. He shouldn't have to sell his right to keep as much of his personal life private as he can.

I feel bad for all of the innocent people who have been dragged into this mess. So many have been affected by being associated with Casey, or finding Caylee's remains, or just doing their jobs.

In addition to the invasion of privacy, and the financial hit, they all still have the stress of the upcoming trial. Everyone who testifies will have to endure cross-examination too.

How much more of his life is private? Can't be much because everything of importance has already been exposed.

By the way, I totally agree with you and other others that these people KC used should be entitled to re-coop their expenses. One way or an other when the trial has been completed and is final, exhausted of all appeals.

They may be old when this happens. I think they all will be strong for the trial having time to mature and come to an understanding they were victims of KCs as well as victims of the A clan.

They will also be voices for Caylee.

I hope that in the years to come, AL more than anyone is a well-rounded, adjusted adult who finds true love and can put this chapter of his life behind him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back