October trial date CANCELLED

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
A friend sent me a breaking news announcement - haven't found the link yet!

ADDED LATER: I'd like to know WHY then have decided to move the trial to January?

Yes. Postponed to give AL time for her teaching and to get up to speed. Of course, as I read it, January is just a tentative timeframe. There will be many filings by AL between now and then, and who knows when this will actually see a court room.

Ugh - I was just wondering the other day when this fricking case would go to trial. Good grief....

FOUND IT: http://www.wftv.com/news/19979145/detail.html

The October 12 date for Casey Anthony's first-degree murder trial has been cancelled after a Tuesday morning meeting between the defense, prosecution and the judge. Eyewitness News was the only media at the meeting at the Orange County courthouse.<snipped>

It was cancelled to accomodate Lyon's teaching schedule.

Huh.

Next will be a delay because Baez decides to teach a law class...

http://www.wftv.com/news/19979145/detail.html

snipped

"Defense team member Andrea Lyon told Judge Stan Strickland her teaching schedule would prevent her from being able to go to trial in three months. Judge Strickland cancelled the October 12 date and scheduled a status hearing on the first-degree murder trial for January 21."

"Lyon, the defense's death penalty qualified attorney, also told Judge Strickland that she plans to file several motions after Labor Day, but details of those motions were not given."

Chef, I was just wondering that myself. Good grief! How long does it take for one precious little girl get justice? At least KC is in jail!!!

And if this new attorney decides to step off the case, we wait another year?

http://www.wftv.com/news/19979145/detail.html

snipped

"Additionally, the judge said that he wants an affidavit from Amy Huizenga showing she wants to invoke her right to a speedy trial in the check fraud case that the prosecution wants to move forward on. Casey is charged with stealing her friend's checkbook and buying personal items with forged checks."

I do hope Amy invokes her right to a speedy trial in this case...

Every male in the meeting is wearing a necktie except for Mr.B.
Is that his Latin persona?

:doh:

My nerves cant take another delay..

:shakehead:

IMO, a delay means nothing more than the perp gets additional guaranteed time to sit behind bars and think about what she has done.

As I expected.
I remember you posting that defense would delay, delay. Why is this slow process allowed? I was hopeing JS would take the reins and require defense to pull thier case together. Why wouldn't a judge tell a new defense lawyer that it was her choic to join a defense team that is already established, and it is her responsibility to catch up regardless of other obligations outside of the case. This polite stuff is frustrating. I guess this could benefit prosecution in some way? I am sadden by such along delay. :razz:

I think the more time that goes by between the offense and the trial, the better it is for the defendent. Ms. Lyon is a relative newcomer to the defense team and undertook the task with full knowledge of the trial date. This delay should not have been allowed.

Ihate the fact lil Caylee is not able to invoke her right to a speedy trial...she was the innocent victim here! Poor baby...but then again Casey can sit adn stew and get fatter and more miserable I HOPE ...just a good long dose of what's in store for her....though I wish this would get her out of protective custody and in or near other inmates so she gets called a baby killer and all that nasty stuff as she roams the halls.

Although the delay is disappointing, seeing AL take the lead (even if it's in a small way) makes me feel better about it all.

I remember you posting that defense would delay, delay. Why is this slow process allowed? I was hopeing JS would take the reins and require defense to pull thier case together. Why wouldn't a judge tell a new defense lawyer that it was her choic to join a defense team that is already established, and it is her responsibility to catch up regardless of other obligations outside of the case. This polite stuff is frustrating. I guess this could benefit prosecution in some way? I am sadden by such along delay. :razz:

Right! Is this unusual?

Shouldn't it have been...

JB: Would you like to be the lead attorney on this case?

AL: I would love to but my teaching schedule would not allow me enough time to work on this client's defense.

But, if the judge goes ahead with trial, that would be an issue at appeal time......
I would like to have ONLY ONE trial where she is found guilty.....
(not that I like the delay, of course......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back