Ron C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if this has been posted as I am sure it has. It is the press release from Ron C. Lawyers

http://www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm#June292009

Is it just me or does anybody else find this odd that this law firm does press releases. Alot of them always seem to be tit for tat and this most recent one implies Crystal being behind Haleighs disapearence. I just find that the way they are written is very unprofessional sometimes I wonder if I am dreaming..

Thank you mysticrose, I had not seen this.

Honestly, I find it absolutely bizarre if not verging on libelous. One would think that a parent who maintains to know nothing of the disappearance of their child would be interested in entertaining all possibilities.

Thank you Mysticrose...very good information.

I think we have visited this sort of publicity recently,MaechenX, with the Anthony case...

Thank you Mysticrose...very good information.

I think we have visited this sort of publicity recently,MaechenX, with the Anthony case...

How true. All too frequently people think that implicating another will take the heat at off themselves. What is that phrase..? Point the finger and there are ten more pointing back at you. I have seen nothing like this from any lawyer in the past, this seems lacking in the usual delicacy and polite, if not entirely benign, legal jargon. Weird.

Looks to me like he is playing Defense Attorney, not fanily law attorney.

Kinda reminds me of Brad C who was hired to defend the C & G with their testimony, but is at every hearing for KC.

This from the above-linked press release:

"This office has provided to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office and the Florida Department of Children and Families confidential memos dated April 1, April 6th, and April 17, 2009, that addressed these issues in great detail and correlated this to the crime scene which showed no signs of forced entry and the fact that Haleigh would have unlocked the door for a family member. The crime scene also featured a door propped open as if staged. A stranger perpetrator would likely have left the door shut to gain time for escape. This supports the notion that someone was trying to divert attention from himself or herself."

I find this a bit weird. First of all, if they think they have cracked the case, shouldn't they have a meeting to discuss it with LE confidentially instead of publishing a press release that might endanger Haleigh if the abductors think they'll be caught? Instead they've sent memos... why? because memos can't be asked questions?

Secondly, now Ron's theory is that Haleigh opened the door? How? Wasn't he very adamant that he'd made the locks on purpose such that Haleigh couldn't open them by herself? How did Crystal wake Haleigh up and let her know that it was mom and she needed to open the door, without waking Misty or Jr. up? They were sleeping in the same room, weren't they? Why did she take only Haleigh and not Jr too? Why wouldn't a family perp want time to escape? Why would she stage a propped door if it points to it not being a stranger perp?

I am sorry if this has been posted as I am sure it has. It is the press release from Ron C. Lawyers

http://www.findhaleighnow.com/press2.htm#June292009

Is it just me or does anybody else find this odd that this law firm does press releases. Alot of them always seem to be tit for tat and this most recent one implies Crystal being behind Haleighs disapearence. I just find that the way they are written is very unprofessional sometimes I wonder if I am dreaming..

What press outlets are these "released" to ? IDR reading several, including the last two, anywhere but on the website. Does that mean the press doesn't find them newsworthy ?

His attorney is only repeating what we have been questioning for months. I am glad to finally see in print they are looking at the possibilities and are addressing them with the proper authorities.

Why do they address these important questions in memos and not in person?

Why do they address these important questions in memos and not in person?
No one has stated they have not discussed these things with the proper authorities. They only said they provided them with written communications which mean there is proof they have addressed these possibilities with them. We don't know if those include written communications between other people which could be another reason to submit memos.

Have Ron and his lawyers met with LE recently? At some point there was some concern that they mightn't have. I'm very glad if they're back in talking terms.

Have Ron and his lawyers met with LE recently? At some point there was some concern that they mightn't have. I'm very glad if they're back in talking terms.
Who knows? It sounds like they are communicating, but we have no way to know for sure. I would expect LE asked them questions pertaining to those memos unless the questions were directed to others instead.

i think the article is strange... i also thought that CS had to ask TN on the night of HC disappearence where RC lived, b/c she didn't know. So how is it even possible that CS went in and took HC. Not to mention that why just one child and not both?

Donjeta: Good Point about the door lock being too hard/high for HC to open/unlock, i remember RC making a big stink about that.

This from the above-linked press release:

"This office has provided to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office and the Florida Department of Children and Families confidential memos dated April 1, April 6th, and April 17, 2009, that addressed these issues in great detail and correlated this to the crime scene which showed no signs of forced entry and the fact that Haleigh would have unlocked the door for a family member. The crime scene also featured a door propped open as if staged. A stranger perpetrator would likely have left the door shut to gain time for escape. This supports the notion that someone was trying to divert attention from himself or herself."

I find this a bit weird. First of all, if they think they have cracked the case, shouldn't they have a meeting to discuss it with LE confidentially instead of publishing a press release that might endanger Haleigh if the abductors think they'll be caught? Instead they've sent memos... why? because memos can't be asked questions?

Secondly, now Ron's theory is that Haleigh opened the door? How? Wasn't he very adamant that he'd made the locks on purpose such that Haleigh couldn't open them by herself? How did Crystal wake Haleigh up and let her know that it was mom and she needed to open the door, without waking Misty or Jr. up? They were sleeping in the same room, weren't they? Why did she take only Haleigh and not Jr too? Why wouldn't a family perp want time to escape? Why would she stage a propped door if it points to it not being a stranger perp?

This latest press release is a diversion tactic, a "clever" defense move. It was designed to point fingers of blame towards Crystal and her family rather than at Ron. It falls just a little short of outright accusations, which could be classified as libel... they don't actually say that Crystal did it, but they go on to lay it all out as it could have happened even stating a motive, and not a very good one, at that.
Ron himself said that the door was not easily unlocked once it was completely shut, yet we are to believe that Haleigh got up to answer the door to a "family member?" Oh, please. How could she be awakened so easily and not Misty or Jr.? And the explanation that the propped open door being staged, leaves me scratching my head. That's supposed to indicate guilt on Crystal's part??? Why would Crystal or another family member leave the light on? Why didn't all this wake Misty? Why didn't they take Jr.?
I believe these attornies need to go back to school.. they're obviously not real good at sleuthing. MOO, but I wonder just who put these ideas in their heads?

i think the article is strange... i also thought that CS had to ask TN on the night of HC disappearence where RC lived, b/c she didn't know. So how is it even possible that CS went in and took HC. Not to mention that why just one child and not both?

Donjeta: Good Point about the door lock being too hard/high for HC to open/unlock, i remember RC making a big stink about that.

When Crystal called her father at 5am, she stated that she sent him over to make sure this wasn't a "prank" (despite having heard LE in the backround when Teresa called her at 3:49 am). So, if she sent her father over, at the very least, her father knew where Ron lived.

Where is it stated that Crystal heard LE when she first talked with Teresa? I know she says she heard LE in the background, but she doesn't state which call she heard them in.

I find Ronald's attorney's memo to be very interesting. Very interesting indeed.

Where is it stated that Crystal heard LE when she first talked with Teresa? I know she says she heard LE in the background, but she doesn't state which call she heard them in.

I find Ronald's attorney's memo to be very interesting. Very interesting indeed.

Yes... most curious, Debs.

Disclaimer: I refuse to end any post with JMO or IMO... it should be implied as such. We are not in a court of law, and I find most of what goes on here as laughable. Free Radio!

That's the way I remember it too, stilettos.

Eh.. that's what kind of legal representaion ya get when when you call the number on the back of the phonebook.

That's the way I remember it too, stilettos.

I really wish that it was illegal to lie in and around the investigation of a crime against a child......oh wait :hand:, it is....it's called obstruction. :eek:

I really wish that it was illegal to lie in and around the investigation of a crime against a child......oh wait :hand:, it is....it's called obstruction. :eek:

No kiddin' ma'am... sheesh.

4:30 pm - 3:00 am is not 12 hours. Not sure how you are doing your math.

Also, I've explained it before, no one is saying the pastor lied. It's quite possible he believes what he is saying is the truth. There really is no point going in circles on this. I've stated many times to you in several posts what I believe may have happened.

I believe 100% that Ron worked his entire shift - from 4:30 pm - 3:00 a.m. We can agree to disagree - I am fine with that.
-----------
One little thing I would like to point out: If Ron had worked 12 hours, he had to have left for work prior to Haleigh getting off the bus, wouldn't he? Because, if he was suppose to work until 3:00am how could he be in the store at that time? Anyone with answers or thoughts?
==========
Please change the word Because to Also in the next to last sentence.

Also, if he was suppose to work until 3:00am how could he be in the store at that time?

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member