What makes this case so intriguing?

Cassata11

Praying for the lil ones
Reaction score
With all that I have read on the murder of her sweet sons, I wonder why I still come back to read more about Darlie and her story. There is so many current heartbreaking cases. I don't go back to the Sign On San Diego board to check the Scott Peterson board!!

I sometimes wonder if the media coverage, and the camera appearances is what keeps her in court fighting what a jury of her peers already decided.

Is it that she is so vain that I like to see her suffer? Am I waiting for a judge to deny all appeals??

I just don't get it. What makes her case so intriguing?

With all that I have read on the murder of her sweet sons, I wonder why I still come back to read more about Darlie and her story. There is so many current heartbreaking cases. I don't go back to the Sign On San Diego board to check the Scott Peterson board!!

I sometimes wonder if the media coverage, and the camera appearances is what keeps her in court fighting what a jury of her peers already decided.

Is it that she is so vain that I like to see her suffer? Am I waiting for a judge to deny all appeals??

Darlie's case won't be over until she is put to death. Until then, she will keep fighting for her freedom. She has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I think everyone would like to believe a mother couldn't kill her own children, so perhaps we keep coming back to see what new evidence the Darlie defense team is throwing out there. Sadly, I haven't seen anything that would exonerate her.

As long as the "cult" of Darlie is "out in public" then of course she uses the public and "her followers t "advance her cause" that she was railroaded, etc.

I don't find it hard to believe she killed her kids. In the last 13 years since she murdered her sons, there has been (unfortunately) many, many more cases where Mothers have murdered their children.

When will the ultimate sentence be carried out. I understand that the criminals justice system in the USA is loathe to execute women.

I think it's the why. Why did she do this?

I think it's the why. Why did she do this?

Perhaps to punish Darin? If they talked of divorce the night of the murders it's plausible that she had the mindset of "you aren't getting my children" and I'll settle it once and for all. It could also be the reason why Darin stands beside her - feelings of guilt. I truly think she intended to kill the kids and then herself, but when it came to herself, she couldn't do it.

Perhaps to punish Darin? If they talked of divorce the night of the murders it's plausible that she had the mindset of "you aren't getting my children" and I'll settle it once and for all. It could also be the reason why Darin stands beside her - feelings of guilt. I truly think she intended to kill the kids and then herself, but when it came to herself, she couldn't do it.

I agree with that. I think it was revenge against Darin. I too believe he has feelings of guilt and that's why he stands by her. It's easy to see, her anger on the 911 call was at Darin. Whatever happened in those hours before the murders is what set her off.

bold by me

I agree with the bolded part. I'm not so sure about the punishing Darin part, though. When you look back through Darlie's history, it seems she had a pattern of "drama queen" behaviors likely to draw attention and sympathy. Like when Darin wouldn't leave his own graduation party with her when she wanted to leave. He was getting all the attention and she couldn't tolerate it. So she left by herself only to return claiming to have been attacked. End of party. I kind of think she committed this crime because her life as she had known it was slipping away. The money, the material stuff, all coming to an end. So she did what she's always done before, she created a "dramatic" diversion. I think she was looking for some drastic change in her life. She got one.

I agree.

Barbara Jovell testified that Darin and Darlie were having terrible fights in the months leading up to the murders. He was ridiculing Darlie for her weight gain, and she was going ballistic over the unpaid bills. They were two months behind on their mortgage payments, $12,000 credit card debt, and $10,000 in unpaid taxes.

Two days before the murders, Darin was denied a $5,000 loan from First Bank, which was to pay for Darlie's upcoming trip to Cancun with her girlfriends. The reason: "Excessive obligation in relation to income."

Darlie's big, beautiful bubble had burst.

I agree.

Barbara Jovell testified that Darin and Darlie were having terrible fights in the months leading up to the murders. He was ridiculing Darlie for her weight gain, and she was going ballistic over the unpaid bills. They were two months behind on their mortgage payments, $12,000 credit card debt, and $10,000 in unpaid taxes.

Two days before the murders, Darin was denied a $5,000 loan from First Bank, which was to pay for Darlie's upcoming trip to Cancun with her girlfriends. The reason: "Excessive obligation in relation to income."

Yes, that's included in what I mean revenge. I can't get past her anger on the 911 call so I believe she was furious that night...she was losing everything, her marriage, her house, her money, etc. No more trips, no more pawn shop jewellery, no more mother's day bashes and of course she was blaming Darin for it all. Look at where she was headed..social assistance with three kids, no alimony, no child support and as Sosueme says...it was a "you're not getting my children" sort of scenario.

To the OP...I check here regularly to see if there are any updates on what should be her final years. I have no anger toward her, but absolutely no sympathy. I just would like to know that she can't get away with it. And, yes, I am from Texas and have followed her case.

Yes, that's included in what I mean revenge. I can't get past her anger on the 911 call so I believe she was furious that night...she was losing everything, her marriage, her house, her money, etc. No more trips, no more pawn shop jewellery, no more mother's day bashes and of course she was blaming Darin for it all. Look at where she was headed..social assistance with three kids, no alimony, no child support and as Sosueme says...it was a "you're not getting my children" sort of scenario.

Not to mention that she thought Darin was cheating on her with her own sister. That very evening after dinner, Darin had driven Darlie's sister home and was gone what Darlie thought was too long. Personally, I don't think it had anything to do with "you're not getting my children" .... I think she did what she did for the same reason she pulled her drama scenes in the past ... for attention. Attention to HER. I'll bet she could just imagine all the sympathy, donations and "special" treatment she would have gotten if those pesky detectives hadn't figured it out.

In fact, I recall reading somewhere that Darlie had once said she "couldn't stand the thought of Sarilda getting her children." Sarilda is Darin's mother (Darlie's mother-in-law). I believe Darlie made this statement when she was first arrested, which made me think back to a possible reason as to why she would have wanted the boys dead if she (Darlie) were to take her own life. She probably knew Darin would need Sarilda's help in raising the boys. Does anyone remember Darlie making this statement?

oh yes juries are never wrong :waitasec:

I agree.

lol this is motive? so darrin and/or darlie would kill there kids over stupid petty fights that couples have every day.

lol this is motive? so darrin and/or darlie would kill there kids over stupid petty fights that couples have every day.

Suggest you read the trial transcripts so you can learn something about the crime.

In fact, I recall reading somewhere that Darlie had once said she "couldn't stand the thought of Sarilda getting her children." Sarilda is Darin's mother (Darlie's mother-in-law). I believe Darlie made this statement when she was first arrested, which made me think back to a possible reason as to why she would have wanted the boys dead if she (Darlie) were to take her own life. She probably knew Darin would need Sarilda's help in raising the boys. Does anyone remember Darlie making this statement?

Yes, she did. Darin had the more stable upbringing of the two and I think she was scared that he'd get custody. However, I believe that Darlie had emotionally detached from her boys in the months prior to the murders.

Suggest you read the trial transcripts so you can learn something about the crime.

ive read enough transcripts from differnt cases to know that prosectuorial theories and witneses who catch people on bad days do not make fact either. i dont know if darlie did it, they were in on it together, or there was really some intruder in the house that night. what is gonna happen if the dna comes back and implicates someonelse?

ive read enough transcripts from differnt cases to know that prosectuorial theories and witneses who catch people on bad days do not make fact either. i dont know if darlie did it, they were in on it together, or there was really some intruder in the house that night. what is gonna happen if the dna comes back and implicates someonelse?

LOL, well it just wasn't "a bad day." Darlie's life was falling apart.

There was no evidence of an intruder in the house whatsoever, and a staged crime scene. Trained, experienced police officers pretty much know that right away. They are trained to be suspicious.

And that was my theory, no one elses, not the prosecution..and thereès a lot more to it. They donèt know why Darlie killed her kids anymore than we do. They let the evidence lead them to the perp. And, Darin was the first suspect in this case but he was excluded once the investigation got underway. His statements of his movements that night were completely consistant, unlike Darlie who has at least 16 versions of what happened that night.

Well I do know she did it and the dna tests will not exonerate her.

Take care.

I think the fact that she so steadfastly maintains her innocence is what makes the case so darn intriguing. I am not fascinated at all by the Susan Smith case, but I can't get enough of certain unsolved cases!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back