WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
DogMom2JoeAndWillie

We need people to make something of nothing because nothing + nothing = nothing.:)

. . . . going around in seemingly concentric circles until we have a Gestalt moment and it all makes sense! xox

Try under her full name...which is well discussed in thread 1. I linked the sites themselves in thread 1 or 2.

ETA: I didn't link them in the first thread. But I can tell you that under her full name there are still listing on singles sites from Olympia to Seattle. SOme are normal dating profiles some are on sites that help hook people up just for sex.

Scary, when you consider that ML says she had contact with Lindsey on at least a couple occasions.

Ah, yes! I did google it two weeks ago and there was (and still is) an ad placed looking for friends (link available if it's okay to post). Then it appears that a net bot inserted the user name on other sites in the general geographical area or affiliated with the first site. I used to run a few dating sites so I know some of the tricks of the trade.

In my opinion, one ad was placed for friends, and then that site inserts user names under the guise that they were a "recent user" or "recent member" so that google would pick it up, if one were to search for it.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's all automated. If you actually click on one of the other sites, the profile with which we are speaking does not actually come up like it does on the original site.

I am wondering if Josh might have seen someone while he was walking and doesn't recall it. Maybe it was someone he saw often and thought nothing of it.
I am kind of leaning towards the, "You're mother said it's o.k." excuse regarding Lindsey getting in the car to go anywhere willingly with someone at that time of night.

I have been flipping all over the place with what Lindsey might choose to do, but I seem to go back to thinking she would head toward the girls house with the videos hoping she could stay the night there. I don't think she wanted the fun to end. Just a thought.

Seriouslysearching, I knew you knew I wasn't implying anything. (how's that for proper English? lol) I just wanted to make sure I didn't give the wrong impression about the intent of my post. The rest of the message was my opinion. :)

On another note, here are some interesting links about search dogs:
http://leerburg.com/track.htm

This one explains the different types of tracking dogs:
http://www.portarthur.com/tbsar/K9glossary.htm

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/sar-dog2.htm

"Tracking dogs need a "last seen" starting point, an article with the person's scent on it to work from and an uncontaminated trail. "

Thanks for your post Gailrene, I know quite a bit about sniffer dogs but I learned something new today thanks to you. I did not know they need an uncontaminated trail. xox

I have been flipping all over the place with what Lindsey might choose to do, but I seem to go back to thinking she would head toward the girls house with the videos hoping she could stay the night there. I don't think she wanted the fun to end. Just a thought.

Hi BB ;} Listening to her mother yesterday on that video she said she thought Lindseu had probably stopped by a friends house or run into a friend.

I tend to think a mother's instinct is very good and she maybe had thoughts on stopping ny a friends house. I wish we knew which friends she was hangin' with, those who maybe rented the videos, and find out where they lived.

I don't think she had any pre-arranged meeting with anyone. Just a feeling, which means nothing. xox

brass, gold, lol whatever you wish... :floorlaugh:

And...just my opinion... I still think it's wack that no one would have seen this 10 yr old child get into a vehicle on a residential street.

1. she knew this person and saw no harm in jumping in the vehicle (secluded area or not)
2. she was picked up in a secluded area by a stranger & screamed...but no one heard her
3. she walked into someones home, building, church, store & never came out

She managed to do one of these things & not be caught on video...not be seen by anyone else except the "2 witnesses"...

Maybe she was annoyed with things...her squabble with Josh, no friends could sleep over, her parents divorce... maybe enough was enough to her & she just said "im leaving"...headed to a place that she liked to "getaway". I've said this before... maybe it was the creek, maybe it was the water tower, maybe it was another friends house, maybe it was someones home/garage/store that she had never been to before ALONE. maybe some creep at that place still has her...AT THAT PLACE.
She was going through a lot at the time. Her dad was leaving for Iraq, too. There was a rumor that friends at school were giving her a hard time and they had recently been nice to her again.

This part bothers me tho. What if those same friends met up with her and talked her into going to one of those places for revenge? It wouldn't be the first time a pack of girls ganged up on one they didn't like. It also wouldn't be the first time a group pretended to be friends again to lure someone either.

She is a very pretty girl and perhaps being the new girl caused one of the boys to look twice at her. Jealousy from another girl could cause a group to turn on her. Maybe they were older girls and didn't want the competition.

I thought Lindsey rented the videos on her mother's account and they were at her house?

Didn't know that SS.
So who were the other friends, we're they at the Baum home too? Witness said the two girls and brother were walking to friends house.

Would also like to know if these girls were running around in the bathing suits and who was at the pool besides little girls.

I don't know why but I keep feeling a teenage boy involved here.

Ah, yes! I did google it two weeks ago and there was (and still is) an ad placed looking for friends (link available if it's okay to post). Then it appears that a net bot inserted the user name on other sites in the general geographical area or affiliated with the first site. I used to run a few dating sites so I know some of the tricks of the trade.

In my opinion, one ad was placed for friends, and then that site inserts user names under the guise that they were a "recent user" or "recent member" so that google would pick it up, if one were to search for it.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's all automated. If you actually click on one of the other sites, the profile with which we are speaking does not actually come up like it does on the original site.

Thank you so much. I noticed that it didn't show up on all of the sites, but I wasn't sure why. I just thought I was missing it or maybe that the profile was removed and the info archived. I have no idea how websites actually work, I just figured I was missing things, nothing out of the ordinary.

I like the question of who was at the pool party. So much focus has been placed on the time after she was last seen, but maybe the answer lies in something that happened before that point.

I, quite frankly, still have suspicions, but no real way to follow up on them.

Didn't know that SS.
So who were the other friends, we're they at the Baum home too? Witness said the two girls and brother were walking to friends house.

Would also like to know if these girls were running around in the bathing suits and who was at the pool besides little girls.

I don't know why but I keep feeling a teenage boy involved here.
We don't know the answers to who owned the pool, who was at the pool that day, and the details.

We also don't know who was at the video store, but I assume it was Lindsey, K, and J. No word on if they were wearing their bathing suits, had on shorts over their suits, or had already changed.

Lindsey at some point went home, showered, and changed into jeans and a hoodie before walking to K's house.

Her brother is 12...almost a teenager.

This sounds different than I am remembering, I thought there were several girls at the video store. I will have to find the timeline I guess.

I am so sorry, since I should know this by now, where was the pool party again?

Please don't smack me, doc gave me new pain meds, so I am not 100% here.

MAY 29th - Lindsey wrote....
I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen...
Her mood - scared (eyes asks: why the nightmares and fear in 10yo Lindsey??)

June 16th (Tues)- Last day of school, ended about 10:00am (per Websleuth local-JenniferO)

June 25th (Thurs)- Kayla had an overnight at Lindsey's home

JUNE 26TH (Friday)- 9:15PM....LAST TIME LINDSEY WAS SEEN

June 26th, Friday day hours - K said daughter Kayla was swimming with Lindsey and a group of girls before returning to the Maple street residence...(eyes asks: (where were they swimming - public pool, familiar home?)

8:19 - Friday evening hours - Kayla and Lindsey in video store (1/2 block from Lindsey's home) with group of friends who were renting videos - girls having a good time laughing & joking. (caught on video)

8:25 - Lindsey and Kayla walked to Lindsey's home to ask Mom Baum if Lindsey could stay another night? - Lindsey showered, changed clothes. Mom Baum said Lindsey left without cell phone (being charged), money, or clothes.

8:45? - Lindsey (pushing bike with broken chain), Kayla, and brother leave for Kayla's house; decided on the way to ask mom K for a sleep over. Neighbor saw Lindsey and brother squabbling over brother's bike and sent brother home.

According to Kayla's mom K: altercation took place behind Shell gas station.
(not verified by PD)

9:00? - Lindsey and Kayla arrive at Kayla's home and told by mom and friend she could not stay the night and should probably get going before it gets dark - Lindsey left to walk the 4 blocks home.

9:10? - Kayla watched Lindsey walk down Maple until she could no longer be seen

9:15 - a woman on way to work (car) saw Lindsey walking on Maple between 5th & 6th street...about 1/2 way between the two homes.
Taken from Angel Who Cares post #233 (thread 1)

OR (another version) - Lindsey was leaving her friend’s home between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Friday, traveling from Maple Street to Mommsen Road. Scott said a neighbor spotted her “two-thirds of the way home,” still on Maple Street.

AND - A 2nd witness has come forward saying Lindsey was seen walking on Maple near 5th street.

OR - Kara says a second set of dogs have followed Lindsey's scent up the hill on 6th street, meaning Lindsey turned onto 6th. (not verified by PD)

Quote taken from the article by Angel Who Cares:

“We have her coming back from the residence alone consistent with the friend and friend’s family,” Scott said. “We cannot put her to the main street here or to the street in front of her house. This wasn’t somebody who said she saw someone who looks like (Lindsey) or might have been; she was very confident it was Lindsey because she knew her and was on her way to work.”

The “main street” is South 3rd Street and it is a busy thoroughfare near City Hall, connecting to freeways in multiple directions. The police station is within sight of the intersection. The street requires a crosswalk and pedestrian control walking signals. On Friday, the streets were lighted. The sun was still out.

There is a Shell gas station at the intersection and a bus station with a bench that looked like it was in regular use at least on Monday. Scott said video surveillance at the Shell station are being reviewed. (a later update posted by by Angel Who Cares says Lindsey was NOT seen on the surveillance of the Shell gas station)
...snipped for space

10:00 - Lindsey's mom (car broken down) begins to search for Lindsey. She called Kayla's mom but phone was dead and being charged. She joined friend's parents by car for the search.

10:45 - Mom Baum called police - reported her daughter Lindsey missing

This sounds different than I am remembering, I thought there were several girls at the video store. I will have to find the timeline I guess.

What I read somewhere ??? was the friend with the pool lived 1/2 block from the video store. There were a couple of girls besides Lindsey and Michaela and those girls were the ones who rented a movie. I have no link, so discount it if you wish, but there has been such poor media attention to this case, mostly rewrites of articles, there is almost nothing useful to go on :rolleyes:

We even learned more in Michelle Young's case and that was the worst for any info at all. Our genius posters put it together, which did turn out correct from what we know now. :clap::clap::clap:

ETA: See, that's how things change. I read the friend that had the pool lived 1/2 block from the video store. Now I read in this timeline above something different, that the video store was 1/2 block from Lindsey's house. I'm :confused:, because we know that couldn't be true unless the video store is a couple of blocks up Mommsen!

I do not believe all this stuff took place during 40 minutes. IMO

8:19 - Friday evening hours - Kayla and Lindsey in video store (1/2 block from Lindsey's home) with group of friends who were renting videos - girls having a good time laughing & joking. (caught on video)

8:25 - Lindsey and Kayla walked to Lindsey's home to ask Mom Baum if Lindsey could stay another night? - Lindsey showered, changed clothes. Mom Baum said Lindsey left without cell phone (being charged), money, or clothes.

8:45? - Lindsey (pushing bike with broken chain), Kayla, and brother leave for Kayla's house; decided on the way to ask mom K for a sleep over. Neighbor saw Lindsey and brother squabbling over brother's bike and sent brother home.

According to Kayla's mom K: altercation took place behind Shell gas station.
(not verified by PD)

9:00? - Lindsey and Kayla arrive at Kayla's home and told by mom and friend she could not stay the night and should probably get going before it gets dark - Lindsey left to walk the 4 blocks home.

9:10? - Kayla watched Lindsey walk down Maple until she could no longer be seen

Can anyone clarify for me if they walked in with the group of other girls or did they just run into them at the video store?

Im sensing that some are losing faith in the return of Lindsey alive so

I would like to remind you of a few past successful cases:

Elizabeth Shoaf -
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23518089/ns/today_people-

Elizabeth Smart (everyone wrote her off)

The Jamelske farce -

http://www.syracuse.com/news/jamelske/poststandard/index.ssf?/news/jamel

I share 2 of the many survival stories in the past, demonstrating young

people proving wisdom beyond their age and ability to make decisions far

beyond their expected ability.

Evidence exists that Lindsey is just that

sort of individual, and I'm sure that's why MB continues to show hope

for her child.

Here is one link to confessions by others as to her ability to

overcome trouble, even this sort:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/updates/v-lite/story/795384.html

Quote: Cunningham called Lindsey “a smart little girl.”

“I just don’t see her willingly getting in a stranger’s car,” Cunningham

said. “She’s too smart for that.”

Both police, friends, family and acquaintences have testified to her incredible intelligence, talent, and social abilities.

It is my opinion that we should remain positive, at "all" costs, because our psychic and spiritual energy will combine with her ability, and if we lose force and faith into her continued well being, then everything will be lost, imo.

I woke up this morning think, she is now dead, and I believe that my energy was gleaned not from the reality of things but from what I am reading in the forums now.

:behindbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member