Ron C. #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I am confusing anything. I would expect her to speak differently when she isn't being interviewed about Haleigh.

What else was she interviewed about...her proposal? I am trying to recall another interview, but cannot think of another one. Care to help me out here?

Her interview about her proposal is certainly tacky, to say the least. But, what I posted about was RC's body language and I don't think I've ever seen an interview where RC seems loving toward MC. Not even at their wedding . . . . I would think two people who love and trust eachother and are grieving over a missing child would be leaning on eachother, not being tense while interviewed together. Plus, whether she speaks well or not (not that I would think RC would notice, coming from the same sort of life), he should NOT need to coach or help her with what to say. All she needs to say is the truth. He should be supporting her (i.e. holding her hand, rubbing her back) knowing she's an innocent person in this whole thing. What we've seen between them, however, is a lot of tension and confusion. For example -- when asked about what RC thinks happened, he is quoted many times nonchalantly saying "I don't know, I was at work". If he truly believed MC, I would think it would be more like "somebody must've broke in and kidnapped Haleigh". And, I don't think we've ever heard him say he stands behind her 100% . . . .

He has been seen hugging Misty, and Crystal and others.

He did say he absolutely does not believe Misty left the home and left the children alone that night

But, what I posted about was RC's body language and I don't think I've ever seen an interview where RC seems loving toward MC. Not even at their wedding . . . . I would think two people who love and trust eachother and are grieving over a missing child would be leaning on eachother, not being tense while interviewed together. Plus, whether she speaks well or not (not that I would think RC would notice, coming from the same sort of life), he should NOT need to coach or help her with what to say. All she needs to say is the truth. He should be supporting her (i.e. holding her hand, rubbing her back) knowing she's an innocent person in this whole thing.

Snipped

Just a quick comment.

Do you really think we are "meeting" any of these people at their best? And I think it is important to remember that these are all REAL PEOPLE. They are not "characters" on a television show - this is their real life. They are real people with real emotions - with a missing child. While they may not all act how you or I may act in a situation, they are doing the best job they can in probably the worst situation in the entire world. All of them. Quite frankly, almost everyone is judging them on the most ridiculous things I have heard. "Ron's shirt is not ironed", "Crystal has on make-up", "Misty's hair is done for the tv show". It's crazy, IMO. HaLeigh is missing. I really would find it strange if Ron was gushing with love and having PDA's all over place with Misty. He is a father who is missing his child terribly, IMO.

That said, I have seen some tender moments between Misty and Ron.

RonMisty1.jpg

RonMisty.jpg

Can't argue with you about it being their real life......but I don't conjure up any images of tender moments between the two...and I wouldn't expect to.

Just found an article that Major Bowling was "satisfied" with Ron's account of the EIGHT HOURS in question. Does this mean he was at work from 7:00 to 3:00 and that is what is substantiated?

Just found an article that Major Bowling was "satisfied" with Ron's account of the EIGHT HOURS in question. Does this mean he was at work from 7:00 to 3:00 and that is what is substantiated?
The article was written on March 14, 3:20 PM by a crime blogger which means the other article was written prior to that one. They no longer have the story at the Palatka Daily News site so it isn't possible to tell when it was written. Without the original story, it is difficult to clarify what question the reporter asked him when he responded with the 8 hours comment.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...-cleared-as-suspect-in-Haleighs-disappearance

WAIT A MINUTE! There is NOTHING in that article where Bowling mentions Ronald and 8 hours!

My take on it is that he isn't afraid what she is going to say will be "too much", but that he gets upset because Misty doesn't do a very good job of communicating what she is trying to say. The reason I feel he gets upset and tense is due to his true affection for her and not wanting the world to see her in a bad light. He gets frustrated that she can't communicate well and it is why we see him help her from time to time.

People may see it as him being controlling her or putting words in her mouth, but I see it quite differently. I see it as he loves her and wants to make things easier for her so he coaches or helps her get the points she is trying to make across. IMO, he knows she is stressed and nervous. He is only trying to help her out of love and concern and is not doing it to shut her up in any way (imo). He wants her to speak up and encourages her to answer for herself, but he wants to protect her at the same time...again...IMO.

You may see love and concern. That is not what I would visually call love and concern directed from the countenance and Body, Facial Communication of Ronald L. Cummings.

Whisperer,

Here is another source for the Bowling 8 hour quote. This is Post #214 on RT #54.

05-17-2009, 06:55 PM
atherella
Where is Haleigh? Join Date: Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjeta
Could we go back and find some direct statements from someone in LE in their own words? When we trust the paraphrasings of reporters it's possible that something gets a new twist. Like, just an example, supposing he was somewhere else for a bit, or skipped work early and went shopping, and etold LE but LE don't want it published for some reason. If the detective says that we're satisfied with his account of his whereabouts, and purposefully omits mentioning where these whereabouts were, a reporter might assume that since he publicly told that he was at work, that's what he told LE too, and write that LE are satisfied that he was at work during his shift.

BBM

Maj. Gary Bowling had a quote in the following paragraph. (BBM)

Quote:
Investigators also met Wednesday with Cummings, he said.
"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news01.txt

We've discussed the 8 hours before. I believe we've determined it was from 7 pm - 3am.

And one more - Post #235 on RT #14:

03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Busylady
Registered User Join Date: Jun 2007

Schauland told First Coast News, "What happened during that eight-hour time period from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. when she found the child missing and what occurred during that time is what [investigators] are trying to straighten out."
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/a...3696&catid=295

Investigators are focusing on the eight hours from when Haleigh was last seen - about 7 p.m. on Feb. 9 - and when she was reported missing the next day at 3:27 a.m., Maj. Gary Bowling said Thursday.

Investigators also met with the 25-year-old Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

ETA: I checked all three links: the one in the article you cited: the one in Atherlella's post; and the one in Busy's post. None are working this morning. Perhaps, the article is no longer available on the Palatka Daily News website.

Busylady

Schauland told First Coast News, "What happened during that eight-hour time period from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. when she found the child missing and what occurred during that time is what [investigators] are trying to straighten out."

Investigators are focusing on the eight hours from when Haleigh was last seen - about 7 p.m. on Feb. 9 - and when she was reported missing the next day at 3:27 a.m., Maj. Gary Bowling said Thursday.

ETA: I checked all three links: the one in the article you cited: the one in Atherlella's post; and the one in Busy's post. None are working this morning. Perhaps, the article is no longer available on the Palatka Daily News website.

This is stating that investigators are satisfied with RCs whereabouts within their timeline of 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. I am not reading that RC worked an eight hour shift. The timeline is an eight hour period.

This is stating that investigators are satisfied with RCs whereabouts within their timeline of 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. I am not reading that RC worked an eight hour shift. The timeline is an eight hour period.

:confused: I'm not sure what your point is ? We do not know for a fact, IIRC, the exact hours Ron was at work that night. We do know that LE has only commented on 8 hours - and that comment was some time ago.

Busylady

Bold and red by me --

Interesting they mention 7pm as the last time Haleigh was seen (when RC left for work) after MC stated she put her to bed at 8:30 and saw her at 10 when she went to bed . . . .

Bold and red by me --

Interesting they mention 7pm as the last time Haleigh was seen (when RC left for work) after MC stated she put her to bed at 8:30 and saw her at 10 when she went to bed . . . .

Who said Ron left for work at 7pm? Do you have any type of link for that?

PDM does not have any shifts that start at 7pm.

Ron's shift was from 4:30 pm - 3am.

It seems likely that 7pm is the last time anyone other than Misty saw HaLeigh. An independent sighting if you will. Approximately 7pm is the time that GGMS was said to have stopped by the home. Therefore, IMO, that is why the timeline in question - 7pm comes into play.

Bold and red by me --

Hmmm - I didn't notice that. I guess they weren't 100% comfortable with Misty's time-line.

BTW - I sure wish we knew what time Ron left for that work that evening or how much of his shift he worked. It's one of those info tidbits that I'm most curious about.

Ronald has been beaten to death over every small thing people can find bad to say about him that they do not like. Does anyone have ANY EVIDENCE to present here to put him at the scene, to implicate him in Haleigh going missing, or eyewitness statements saying they saw this man involved in ANY way?!

I didn't think so. :banghead:

Ronald has been beaten to death over every small thing people can find bad to say about him that they do not like. Does anyone have ANY EVIDENCE to present here to put him at the scene, to implicate him in Haleigh going missing, or eyewitness statements saying they saw this man involved in ANY way?!

I didn't think so. :banghead:

Wow - you don't give much time for a response ! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members