Baez files yet another motion re: Video of Casey's reaction to remains found

I think if they don't use it in the trial we will never see it. Unless an employee steals it and sells it or something like that.

It is a public record since it was turned over as discovery. The only reason it isn't being released now is because it could potentially taint the jury pool, but after the trial it should be available - regardless of whether it is used in the trial or not. Will just have to be requested by someone.

And WKMG seems to be making a last-ditch effort to get it released now... hope they succeed.

This is from Uncer's LE interview, paragraphs formatted by me for easier reading:

Uhm, she walked into the medical clinic and immediately looked at the TV, which was on Channel Nine, broadcasting the uhm, breaking news. And she collapsed into the chair and started to what appeared to be hyperventilating. Uhm, she lost her breath. We told her a couple of times, "Take some deep breaths." She was, got real shallow breathing.

Uhm, she didn't make direct eye contact with the TV but two or three times. She kept her head buried in her lap. She never appeared to be crying, but continued to uhm, breathe very rapidly, very fast.

Snipped by me
bold and underlined by me

It just occurred to me, Why the delayed "reaction"?
Even before Casey was brought to the clinic she was listening to the events unfold on her transistor radio (missing was a visual of where the body was found) then she walks into the clinic sees the TV and media reporting on Suburban where the bones were found and it is at this point upon VIEWING THE SPOT she has a "reaction".
IMHO once Casey saw on tv the area LE had cordoned off she knew Caylee had been found.

This is from Uncer's LE interview, paragraphs formatted by me for easier reading:

Uhm, she walked into the medical clinic and immediately looked at the TV, which was on Channel Nine, broadcasting the uhm, breaking news. And she collapsed into the chair and started to what appeared to be hyperventilating. Uhm, she lost her breath. We told her a couple of times, "Take some deep breaths." She was, got real shallow breathing.

Uhm, she didn't make direct eye contact with the TV but two or three times. She kept her head buried in her lap. She never appeared to be crying, but continued to uhm, breathe very rapidly, very fast.

Snipped by me

Even before Casey was brought to the clinic she was listening to the events unfold on her transistor radio (missing was a visual of where the body was found) then she walks into the clinic sees the TV and media reporting on Suburban where the bones were found and it is at this point upon VIEWING THE SPOT she has a "reaction".
IMHO once Casey saw on tv the area LE had cordoned off she knew Caylee had been found.

BBM

BINGO.

:::spits:::

You have struck the proverbial nail right square in its head.

She knew. Exactly.

Once she saw the helicopter shots that we were seeing, she knew. And then she knew that was her dead as* if she couldn't come up with a story.

This would be the test of her ability to pull off the lies, the 'mis-truths', the partial truths and the mixed truths. For this would be the most bodacious song and dance production ever, and she was the star.

And, and, and . . it's a game to her. . . it's all a game to her, and she loves playing it.

I agree with all of you who say that the only possible emotion KC could have shown that would have been incriminating is anger. If she had simply showed anger at the news, that in itself would be incriminating because there is really no other emotion that could be construed as totally self-centered, unfeeling and remorseless.

However, if, as some of you suspect, she was directly her anger specifically at JB, that may also be a reason he would fight so hard to get this tape away from "Enquiring Minds" - it would show he probably had knowledge of her guilt and that she was blaming him for something he had assured her somehow would not ever happen.

We also have a third possibility - although it probably would not have played out if KC was observed behaving angrily - and that is, as has been rumored in other places, that JB once again may have been physically behaving in a way that would be considered highly inappropriate with his client, perhaps offering consolation in a way that would suggest a previous level of physical intimacy that went way beyond the boundaries of simple client-attorney relationship. He's had his hand slapped more than once for that one, and in this situation, with all its implications to them both, he may have just taken it over the edge.

I can see him fighting hard to suppress any or all of the above scenarios.

OK...I admit it. I thought this was going to be a case of making a mountain out of a molehill. But your all right. I found myself wondering halfway thru reading the motion if KC was dictating half of it, and ended up thinking that maybe she at the least typed it up. I'm not a lawyer or a secretary but there were several typos in it. And is it normal for the words "The defendant prays, the honorable court....." to be used in a motion? Doesn't seem that praying has a place in a legal document.[/QUOTE]

bbm: In Cali you "pray" for everything in court. What you are asking for at the end of a motion is your "prayer".........I'm old school legal secretary and it's been this way forever.........in Cali...I totally agree that it is ironic that with our separation of church and state our legal docs still include this language even today.

I agree with all of you who say that the only possible emotion KC could have shown that would have been incriminating is anger. If she had simply showed anger at the news, that in itself would be incriminating because there is really no other emotion that could be construed as totally self-centered, unfeeling and remorseless.

However, if, as some of you suspect, she was directly her anger specifically at JB, that may also be a reason he would fight so hard to get this tape away from "Enquiring Minds" - it would show he probably had knowledge of her guilt and that she was blaming him for something he had assured her somehow would not ever happen.

We also have a third possibility - although it probably would not have played out if KC was observed behaving angrily - and that is, as has been rumored in other places, that JB once again may have been physically behaving in a way that would be considered highly inappropriate with his client, perhaps offering consolation in a way that would suggest a previous level of physical intimacy that went way beyond the boundaries of simple client-attorney relationship. He's had his hand slapped more than once for that one, and in this situation, with all its implications to them both, he may have just taken it over the edge.

I can see him fighting hard to suppress any or all of the above scenarios.

Freaking brilliant post!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

OK...I admit it. I thought this was going to be a case of making a mountain out of a molehill. But your all right. I found myself wondering halfway thru reading the motion if KC was dictating half of it, and ended up thinking that maybe she at the least typed it up. I'm not a lawyer or a secretary but there were several typos in it. And is it normal for the words "The defendant prays, the honorable court....." to be used in a motion? Doesn't seem that praying has a place in a legal document.

bbm: In Cali you "pray" for everything in court. What you are asking for at the end of a motion is your "prayer".........I'm old school legal secretary and it's been this way forever.........in Cali...I totally agree that it is ironic that with our separation of church and state our legal docs still include this language even today.

It is this way in MO too. I "prayed" for a divorce in court there years ago. :)

"Pray" is simply old fashioned, as much legal language is. "I pray your leave, sire" is equivalent to "permit me" and was part of the currency of the day, just not our day. You could substitute importune if you like but pray and prayer sound much better to my ear. In olden time, beg was also frequently used and is sometimes used in court, all with the same meaning as pray.

Since Judge S. said that he would seal the video as it is "highly inflammatory" and "might cause some who view it to develop a hardened attitude toward the defendant in regards to her guilt", I don't think we have to worry about it helping KC's cause.

IMO, and MO only, I think that tape has something going on between KC and JB in a "suggestive" nature. MOO

Does anyone know if we will ever be able to view it? Like after the trial?

I thought I read it was an anxiety attack, rather than a grief reaction, when Caylee's remains were found. Which would indicate consciousness of guilt.

Snipped by me

Yep! And, she had an anxiety attack. Because she knew that after ALLL those searches and ALLL those "finds", she was finally nailed.

So whatever happened to the media arguing for the release of the video?

Good to hear that others have the same problem with delayed gratification that I do. ;-)

Oh, please let's not call it our problem with delayed gratification - let's just call it we're tired of being promised info we are apparently legally entitled to see and are led to expect we will receive and being jerked around and not getting it after all.

I think we have a right to a little righteous indignation when time after time we are told something will happen and it doesn't or has some vague or inexplicable delay.

OK...I admit it. I thought this was going to be a case of making a mountain out of a molehill. But your all right. I found myself wondering halfway thru reading the motion if KC was dictating half of it, and ended up thinking that maybe she at the least typed it up. I'm not a lawyer or a secretary but there were several typos in it. And is it normal for the words "The defendant prays, the honorable court....." to be used in a motion? Doesn't seem that praying has a place in a legal document.[/QUOTE]

Gma Kat--Now there's a great thread title for the PL...:laugh:"Has there ever really been a separation of church and state in America"!!! Wouldn't that get heated up fast. LOL Probably last less than 24 hours....but still a great idea!! JMO

Seems to me that Judge Strickland already sealed the jail video, using VERY strong language in his ORDER saying the video was "highly inflammatory", and essentially saying that it would taint the jury pool (agreeing with the Defense Motion to seal it), because any potential juror who views that video would have a strong opinion of her GUILT ..... so, my thinking is that Judge S will not reverse such a strong decision, no matter what Motions any media files requesting that the video be released.

The Sentinel attorney already filed a Motion to release it, and on June 17th (when Judge S sealed the video) said they find no fault with Judge S's ruling on the matter.

I think Judge S is just going through legal procedure in allowing the media to file Motions requesting the release of the video, to have the record clear ..... but that he has no intention of reversing his previous decision to keep it sealed - until trial (IF the State even wants to use it at trial).

I thought I read it was an anxiety attack, rather than a grief reaction, when Caylee's remains were found. Which would indicate consciousness of guilt.

Yes I am sure anxiety attack was printed. But really a piece of tape, with no sound is highly subjective. Each expression, movement could be labelled differently by every person who views it. I don't believe she had a grief reaction but thats just me. KWIM? JMO

i still dont get it... doesnt it make her look more guilty by NOT releasing it?

"Must be pretty incriminating since we cant see it.. must be true what they say"... :( potentioal juror's thoughts

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back