2009.07.20 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillenFan21

Reaction score
Nancy is going to have Caylee case on in the second part of the show. She's doing MJ stuff right now.

She's zeroing in on Leonard Padilla.

Jean Casarez is speaking.

She's summarizing the motion and states LP was subject to atty-client privilege!

Leonard says his and his people's testimony would be 180 degrees from what Casey's saying.

Padilla cites two versions of "abduction." NG says that two kidnapping stories might just make both of them untrue.

Baez is afraid of him and his crew.

Thanks CM, I don't have cable. I appreciate the blow-by-blow :)

They weren't paid by Baez. Therefore, he didn't work for them.

Robin Sax: frivilous waste of time, no atty.-client relationship.

NG: They will be able to testify to her demeanor.

Other TH "Doug" says there is no privilege... the motion will fail.

Leonard said he agreed not to profit from books, movies... or violate Casey's constitutional rights.

Another TH said prosecution may not even use him.

Baez refused to pay LP $1 to make privilege stick! He IS a cheapskate!!!

My comment: I don't think FL law even allows for a privilege agreement with bondsmen/bounty hunters anyway.

IIRC Baez actually allowed LP to sit in on a conference where they discussed ways to put JG under the bus. LP was the one who told JG about it.

Thanks everyone for the thread and posts ~ I wasn't sure if I should even start one since the time she'd be talking about Caylee wouldn't be too much.

Bottom line seems to be the defense is scared to death of having Leonard testify ~ so what he's been saying all along about Casey changing her story of the "abduction" must be true. MOO

Nancy's now talking about the check fraud charges and defense wanting the trial delayed so they can focus on the murder trial.

Bottom line seems to be the defense is scared to death of having Leonard testify ~ so what he's been saying all along about Casey changing her story of the "abduction" must be true. MOO

LA confirmed it during his civil suit testimony.

One "expert" on Nancy's show just said the check fraud won't matter if she's convicted of murder. I disagree ~ what if for some reason ~ the conviction for murder is overturned. It's better to have her serving time on something where she's obviously guilty ~ just in case. :behindbar MOO

On to the checks stolen from AH

Defense wants bad check trial delayed.

Excuse: (Drew Petromo) they are too busy with murder trial.

NG: That's BS!

Robin Sax: Trial will take no time at all. Real question is the economic resources that would be used on this trial. If DP trial prevails, it's a waste of money.

NG: Felony conviction would add aggravator for DP case.

In DP case without felony conviction, reputation witnesses could be used to talk about her good character. With a conviction, that would go out the window.

Baez paid the debt to the bank: $664 to Bank of America

It makes me mad when people say why try her for the check case coz if she gets the DP what's it matter? Well, the DP and/or a conviction in that case is not a done deal.

Well, the latest TH doesn't think this motion will work, either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv