WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that line of thought, it could be the witnesses saw more than is being made public, too.

Yes...it is driving me crazy that the press isn't all over finding out the names of those people!! They have two huge clues to work. Find out who in area works for the county and would be going to work at that time of the night. Next, find out the name of her co-worker! Where are the reporters who are supposed to be "investigative journalists" when cases like this are looming overhead?!

Yup witnesses ask for it all the time, the media doesn't have to honor the request, and they usually don't. I am amazed that the witnesses names are not out in print already.
Makes me wonder if this an LE ploy and the witnesses really don't exist at all.

Could it be possible that LE has a reason to suspect someone in that stretch of road and are trying to make that person nervous, saying that people saw her in on their part of the road?

Right on! Witnesses and people involved are obligated to give LE, FBI etc. the truth...not we the public. Same goes for the police...anything can be put out there. I'm not sure what the point would be in lying about the last place on Maple Lindsey was seen...they have asked people to remember little things and to come forward. :waitasec:

The woman that had the sighting in Hoodsport got back to me. I am NOT posting her response, since I don't think she wants me to, but I will say that this is not some teenage girl that is acting, she is very mature and was not the only one that saw the Lindsey lookalike that day. LE was notified by her and the other witness. I invited her to WS, and told her what we do, but did not make it seem as if I had contacted her in the name of the group. We will wait and see if she wants to share, but I can't say anymore without her permission.

A person wearing flip flops could dry off pretty fast. ;)

Thanks for explaining the depth of that little creek. However, when we were discussing the water in that other area which was right by the road (I forgot the name of it) which was completely full and looked rather ominous...didn't someone say it was due to the runoff or something and was unusual? Wouldn't this hold true for the smaller drainage ditches, too?

Hi, That's what little creeks do is catch runoff water from rain, snowmelt, etc so they can be almost dry in the summertime and plumb full in the wintertime. I did see water in that creekunder the bridge and it looked real brown from dirt :confused:

Here's a link to story about homeless man missing from camp:

http://so.co.mason.wa.us/index.php?aid=544

Interesting photo on here showing searchers with waders and dogs near Mills creek.

So, it appears they have two missing persons in the area in the month of June. How strange is that?

One towards the beginning of June, and the other towards the end of June. Hmm

One a man who has a room somewhere, but also has an ongoing campsite, and who also has seizures.

The other a young girl, who is happy when her brother is sent to juvi two weeks prior to her disappearing, whose 11th birthday was only a week away.

Strange, but true.
moo

Hi there SeriouslySearching: The police verified the first person spotting Lindsey saying that person worked for the county. The 2nd person was mom Baum saying the 2nd person is co-worker. Both verified Lindsey as being around the same place on Maple - between 5th and 6th.

My guess as to why the names of the people were not made available is that they wanted to remain anonymous (I guess I don't blame them). Unfortunately the police have NO obligation to tell us anything - not even the truth.

If LE has as little info as we do, my guess is that they are far more frustrated than we are. :mad:

IIRC, the first person to have reported seeing her was on her way to work, and possibly also the same person who sent JB home due to the fighting. This person was quick to report seeing her. This person was said by MB to be a family friend. This person works for the county?

The second person, who is now believed to be a coworker of MB, didn't report seeing her until several days later, I'm thinking around the Tuesday after LB disappeared. I found it strange that this second witness waited so long to report that she had seen her, but apparently saw her in the same area as the first witness.

ETA; I guess it was on Wednesday;
On Wednesday a second person came forward to report having seen Lindsey Baum on Friday night as she walked home along Maple Street from a friend's house.
http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

MB, on NG the other night gave the impression that she only knew of one witness, that being her coworker.

It could be that there really is only one witness, that witness being the one who sent JB home because they were fighting, who also saw her on 5th and Maple, while on her way to work, who is not only a family friend, but also a co-worker of LB's mom, MB.

It could be that the media mixed up the info, confusing the issue of how many witnesses there were.

just my thoughts. :)

The woman that had the sighting in Hoodsport got back to me. I am NOT posting her response, since I don't think she wants me to, but I will say that this is not some teenage girl that is acting, she is very mature and was not the only one that saw the Lindsey lookalike that day. LE was notified by her and the other witness. I invited her to WS, and told her what we do, but did not make it seem as if I had contacted her in the name of the group. We will wait and see if she wants to share, but I can't say anymore without her permission.

Thank you so much for following up on that lead. I do hope LE has done the same.....

IIRC, the first person to have reported seeing her was on her way to work, and possibly also the same person who sent JB home due to the fighting. This person was quick to report seeing her. This person was said by MB to be a family friend.

The second person, who is now believed to be a coworker of MB, the mom didn't report seeing her until several days later, I'm thinking around the Tuesday after LB disappeared. I found it strange that this second witness waited so long to report that she had seen her, but apparently saw her in the same area as the first witness.

MB, on NG the other night gave the impression that she only knew of one witness, that being her coworker.

It could be that there really is only one witness, that witness being the one who sent JB home because they were fighting, who also saw her on 5th and Maple, while on her way to work, who is not only a family friend, but also a co-worker of LB's mom, MB.

It could be that the media mixed up the info, confusing the issue of how many witnesses there were.

Hi Yosande, I agree, the media is good at getting things mixed up :bang:

I thought there was a link where LE was quoted saying a second witness had come forward, etc. and it was on Tues like you said, after she went missing. xox

IIRC, the first person to have reported seeing her was on her way to work, and possibly also the same person who sent JB home due to the fighting. This person was quick to report seeing her. This person was said by MB to be a family friend.

The second person, who is now believed to be a coworker of MB, the mom didn't report seeing her until several days later, I'm thinking around the Tuesday after LB disappeared. I found it strange that this second witness waited so long to report that she had seen her, but apparently saw her in the same area as the first witness.

Sad that we can't even verify who sent Josh home and if 1 or 2 people saw Lindsey between 5th & 6th. Maybe they were all the same person, maybe there was 2 people or 1. If I knew the lack of information was intentional I would be quiet about it...if it's due to the lack of qualified LE on the case, I feel outraged for Lindsey. :mad:

It is my opinion that if the last person to see Lindsey was a coworker of her mother, that person would be suspect.

LE has said they believe she knew the person who abducted her.

Lindsey would likely not hesitate to get into a car with a woman who she knew, and who worked with her mom.

Although, one would likely not suspect a woman, after what happened to Sandra C., it's no longer easy to dismiss a female.

I too wish we knew her name, so we could put to bed any concerns one might have concerning her.

ETA; Scandi, I also think there are two witnesses. I just thought I'd throw out the possibility of there being only one, due to the late date of the second witness coming forward, and that being a co-worker of MB. It doesn't make sense to me the hesitation is all. She had been missing 5 days by the time the second witness came forward. This second witness saw her in the same spot, and works with mom? It gives me an ill feeling to discover that she was someone that Lindsey would know well. I remember reading that Lindsey would sometimes work the register at the place where, I assumed her mom worked.
I'm just concerned about the revelation.

I have no doubt that calling Equusearch is the hardest call a parent can make. It's about search and recovery - and a parent has to at least be thinking his/her child is no longer alive. In my opinion, Tim and his fantastic search crew are needed now...they have great skills and hearts that never fill up..Please mom Baum - make that call!!!

Texas EquuSearch Office
4013 FM 517, Suite B Dickinson, Texas 77539
P. O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539
Office: (281) 309-9500
Fax : (281) 534-6719
Toll Free: (877) 270-9500
If you have any questions, or need to contact our organization, please contact our office at any phone number above, or email us. We promise to be prompt with our response
Tim [...]

It is my opinion that if the last person to see Lindsey was a coworker of her mother, that person would be suspect.

LE has said they believe she knew the person who abducted her.

Lindsey would likely not hesitate to get into a car with a woman who she knew, and who worked with her mom.

Although, one would likely not suspect a woman, after what happened to Sandra C., it's no longer easy to dismiss a female.

I too wish we knew her name, so we could put to bed any concerns one might have concerning her.

ETA; Scandi, I also think there are two witnesses. I just thought I throw out the possibility of there being only one, due to the late date of the second witness coming forward, and that being a co-worker of MB. It doesn't make sense to me the hesitation is all. She had been missing 5 days by the time the second witness came forward. This second witness saw her in the same spot, and works with mom? It gives me an ill feeling to discover that she was someone that Lindsey would know well. I remember reading that Lindsey would sometimes work the register at the place where, I assumed her mom worked.
I'm just concerned about the revelation.

I am trying to remember where MB works/worked. A certain store in Elma? It could be a female but there is one male that I am kind of focused on. And if she works where I think she does, this male may also work there. I'll have to go see what I can find out.
I just wish we had a little more info from LE/FBI - frustrating, frustrating, frustrating!

Sure sounds like it could be a promising lead. It would be super if she decides to join and be part of WS. We are all just here to find Lindsey. I hope the lead didn't get buried under a huge stack as it is one that is time sensitive. If she is alive and on the run...she may not be there long and by the very nature of a child that age being on their own...would be in danger.

I have no doubt that calling Equusearch is the hardest call a parent can make. It's about search and recovery - and a parent has to at least be thinking his/her child is no longer alive. In my opinion, Tim and his fantastic search crew are needed now...they have great skills and hearts that never fill up..Please mom Baum - make that call!!!

Texas EquuSearch Office
4013 FM 517, Suite B Dickinson, Texas 77539
P. O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539
Office: (281) 309-9500
Fax : (281) 534-6719
Toll Free: (877) 270-9500
If you have any questions, or need to contact our organization, please contact our office at any phone number above, or email us. We promise to be prompt with our response
Tim [...]

TES has found many people alive, so a family member shouldn't hesitate to call them. They are committed to finding the missing loved one, dead or alive.
However, I do think that Tim does share his intuition as to whether he believes the missing person is deceased, but only after having the facts.
As NMK has said, there was a sighting of possibly Lindsey in a town nearby, looking for work. Since we know that Lindsey has worked a cash register, it is possible that she simply ran away, and we don't know the reason, but from her myspace comments, the reason could be her brother.
We don't know how much her mom is home, since we don't know if she works full time or part time.
If Lindsey was afraid of her brother, it is possible she ran away.
if he threatened Lindsey that night during fight, she may not have wanted to go home.

Since LE has said the brother and the mom are not suspects, if Lindsey did run away, and she is reading the newspaper, she knows nothing has changed at home.
The only thing that might have brought her back is her dad coming out, or her friend looking so sad, but if she doesn't have access to video, she may not have seen her friends sadness.

I think LE needs to talk to the kids. I think the parents do too.
Maybe one or more of her friends is helping her, and not telling anyone because nothing has changed at home.

It's just a thought.

ETA; more thoughts. If the second witness knew about Lindsey's home life, and Lindsey went willingly with her, the second witness may know where she is also. The only crime therefore, I think, would be lying to LE, not kidnapping. Is this correct?

This second witness may have become afraid thinking someone saw her pick up Lindsey, so she came forward and reported seeing her. I know this sounds stupid, but stranger things have happened. The 5 day hesitation has gotten under my skin. I want to know why she waited so long to notify LE that she saw Lindsey that night, especially now that we know they knew each other. moo

Do you have a link to this statement? It's the first time I've heard of it. What did he set on fire and when?

Do you have a link to this statement? It's the first time I've heard of it.

I believe I read it on this website, and I don't know if there was a link that went with it, but I'll go look for the post.

brb

ETA; I'm still looking, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I did find a friend of MB's though, who may or may not work at the dollar store. Her name is MM, aka, Cassidy. I found this info on thread 5.

The info on the brother should probably be deleted until I can find where I found it, so I'll delete mine, and would you please delete the quote. Thanks...

ETA; SS says that post was deleted. We aren't to talk of a minor's criminal history, so please everyone who quoted it, please delete that statement I mentioned, but shouldn't have. I don't want a T.O.
Mods, I didn't know. Please forgive me.

Thanks for the response SS. I wrote that post in the middle of the night LOL and coming in this morning saw no one had commented on it and thought maybe I had gone way over the top! :crazy:

I don't think divers could get into culvert pipe, though not sure. I know I'd be afraid of getting stuck myself
z7shysterical.gif

I'm off to run some errands and will be back in a couple of hours. I think I actually got food poisoning from some BBQue sauce. Gotta watch that sauce! xox

{{{{{So Glad You're Feeling Better!!!! }}}}}}} ......nasty old BBQ sauce :mad:

I am trying to remember where MB works/worked. A certain store in Elma? It could be a female but there is one male that I am kind of focused on. And if she works where I think she does, this male may also work there. I'll have to go see what I can find out.
I just wish we had a little more info from LE/FBI - frustrating, frustrating, frustrating!
I believe it is the 5 Cent - 5 Dollar store.

The reason some may not have heard about that situation Yosande mentioned is because the mods deleted it due to him being a minor and we are not allowed to discuss his criminal history evidently.

when we were all focusing on the men in the pics from the vigil, i meant to post that we can't be sure the perp is a male.

i know we all throw things out there but what i just can't grasp is....Lindsey is ONLY 10! how in the heck could she be looking for a job? who would hire her? :confused:

she's ONLY 10....how could her friends (the same age) be helping her on the run?

has KK mentioned what Lindsey's frame of mind was when she left her home? i haven't seen it if she has. yeah, she might've been bummed out cuz she couldn't spend the night but the plan was she was going to spend the following night there, right? i would think if Lindsey was THAT scared to go back home because of threats from her bro....it would've shown?

now...do we know that bro was home when Lindsey left KK's house?

another question i have...LOL...sorry....
the sightings...are there 2 of them? one..a girl looking for a job and the second one she was seen with 2 (?) guys walking on the side of the road?
i'm confused about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member