WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone took this sighting seriously and checked into it. I Google Earthed the town or Roy and it is only about 10 miles south of Fort Lewis, the place where that SO "Smiley" was captured last week. The road from Roy to Fort Lewis is surrounded by woods with small secondary roads.

To me, the call sounds frantic, legit, and typing mistakes look to me to be something that might be done by some frantic witness. I also checked out the home phone number and it is definitely registered to the Roy area.

This spotting was 5 days ago, one day before Jeffrey Smiley was arrested for his antics in Fort Smith:

http://thedeadkidsofmyspace.blogspot.com/2009/07/jeffrey-smiley-arrested-on-child.html

I'm looking into it as much as I can. I am hesitant to call the number, even though it was posted. That seems like an invasion of privacy. Email is one thing, but I don't know about calling people. It seems my balls are not made of brass, but of some softer metal. :bang:

I haven't heard anything about that! (Don't have your sources. :cool:) It would explain a lot that seems inexplicable at this point. When is this announcement supposed to come? Also, please tell me the info didn't come from KK.

No, not from her. It was suppose to be on the 5 O'Clock news. Guess we'll wait and see what develops, but it would explain allot of things, wouldn't it. It doesn't seem like something that would be leaked if it were true. Not as tight as these guys have been. Unless her hubby works somewhere where he had a good source and none of that info was given. xoxoxox

I'm looking into it as much as I can. I am hesitant to call the number, even though it was posted. That seems like an invasion of privacy. Email is one thing, but I don't know about calling people. It seems my balls are not made of brass, but of some softer metal. :bang:

I was thinking the same thing, they left two numbers so they certainly wanted to be noticed. I do think this one should be reported and would be surprised if it wasn't already. Even if this wasn't Lindsey it may well have been another innocent victim being brought up to Smiley's little woodland haven with all of his toys and mattresses. It's 5 days old but it should still be checked out.

Scandi: I am MELTING! LOL! I've hardly moved today! I have a little portable air conditioner that doesn't get the job done when it gets over 90 degrees, but I'm thankful to have it!!!

As for the Amber Alert - I was also surprised the site didn't have IMMEDIATE information. I mean, the emergency information went over the TV screen so fast that I didn't even get the make of the car. Where does a person go to see the information online? I'd like to give them some input on this - and I will!

O/T: heehee, I love my central air...it was the sole deciding factor on buying this house.

Scandi: I am MELTING! LOL! I've hardly moved today! I have a little portable air conditioner that doesn't get the job done when it gets over 90 degrees, but I'm thankful to have it!!!

As for the Amber Alert - I was also surprised the site didn't have IMMEDIATE information. I mean, the emergency information went over the TV screen so fast that I didn't even get the make of the car. Where does a person go to see the information online? I'd like to give them some input on this - and I will!

I think we have a thread on Mark Klaas {he belongs to Websleuths} and his feelings on how the AA System should be changed. xox

The AMBER Alert for Carissa Palmer has been cancelled.
Reason: Child has been located and is in protective custody with Myrtle Creek PD.

http://www.oregonamberalert.com/current.php

I just tried calling both the McCleary Police (360) 495-3107 (noone available message) and Grays Harbor County Information Hot-line (Tip line) (866) 915-8299 (number not available in my area at this time). I just sent an email off with a link to the comment and page.

Thank you all! I will bookmark those links - you've all been extremely helpful! I'm going to write the Oregon site I referred to and ask them to include those links on their site as well!

O/T: It appears that the Oregon AMBER Alert for Carissa Palmer has been cancelled. This site (http://www.katu.com/?partner=triggernews) says that she has been found. When you click on that article it hasn't been updated yet though.

ETA: darlin_gal beat me to it. Thanks!

Too bad an Amber Alert didn't go out for Lindsey that quickly, maybe it could have been cancelled this quickly as well :mad:

The AMBER Alert for Carissa Palmer has been cancelled.
Reason: Child has been located and is in protective custody with Myrtle Creek PD.

http://www.oregonamberalert.com/current.php

Thanks Heavens she is safe, I bet that's more action Myrtle Creek has seen in a coon's age. It is a neat little town and I notice it has had a bit of a growth spurt in the last several months.

Thank you all! I will bookmark those links - you've all been extremely helpful! I'm going to write the Oregon site I referred to and ask them to include those links on their site as well!

O/T What really gets me Kimster is that in Oregon we have to have the NAME of a SO to enter if we want to see if any are living in our neighborhood.

How stupid is that? If you want to know where they live and who they are you wouldn't have their names, right? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I think we have a thread on Mark Klaas {he belongs to Websleuths} and his feelings on how the AA System should be changed. xox
Thanks for bringing this up as I haven't had much luck with this thread. I am trying to amass cases where the AA system failed miserably due to the strict guidelines which agencies are adhering to instead of using it as it is designed to be used...on a case by case basis. If people want to help add at least one article per case where either we feel an AA could have made an impact or it was mentioned by LE or a parent of a missing child...please feel free! I added Lindsey's case already.

I thought I saw that Tricia had put up another thread on this subject from Marc K., but I couldn't find it.

Marc Klaas Calls For An Amber Alert Revision - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:eek: Now where did this information originate? This sounds intriguing to me.

Sorry about the heat. :( Try soaking a rag in ice water then putting it around your neck or sit with your feet in cold water (great for hot flashes, too!) Works wonders~

Originally Posted by scandi
Considering it is 102 here right now, yes. No AC and the hottest part of the evening yet to come xox

I'm not caught up, but has anyone heard anything about an announcement coming that a police officer is being seriously looked at in the case? I am just throwing that out and know nothing else and of course have no link.

O/T while we're waiting on scandi's evening news:

When I lived in WA and had no A/C and it would get hot for a couple of weeks, I'd cut a plate-sized hole in a styrofoam ice chest and put a fan in front of it to suck the cold air out and blow it into the room. Actually, you have to sit right next to this contraption to get cool.

:eek: Now where did this information originate? This sounds intriguing to me.

Sorry about the heat. :( Try soaking a rag in ice water then putting it around your neck or sit with your feet in cold water (great for hot flashes, too!) Works wonders~

That's how I finally got to sleep last night. Wringing out my floursack cloths in cold water and laying them across my bare body with the fan on low. Heaven LOLOLOL I also have a bag for the neck filled with rosemary and other herbs that you freeze. I put that on a pillow and lay my feet on it.

Well, I shouldn't have brought that over here. But you know you never know anything till you ask. I listen when a poster says my hubby called me and said, as oftentimes there is an inside leak of info.

It might be nothing and yet we don't know yet. I also read a SO applied for one of the 3 or 4 LE positions in McCleary. That might have been a wrong interpretation of the link I read, as I didn't understand that just because it used the letters SO that meant he was a SO. He wasn't hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305