WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blownaway I have a question you might be able to answer. As I was googling away I came across a report from WSDOT for repairs in Mc cleary. The report stated that they were allowing funds to the tune of $47,500.o(?) rounded to $48,000.00 for new sidewalks. Guess where those new sidewalks were supposed to be? Yep, 6th,7th, 8th, and Simpson. to the community center. Was this work completed and would the structure allotted make a walk safer? Ignore this and delete this if sidewalks lighting have been done. If this hasn't been done do to budget cost I would be miffed as a resident. The one thing that a sidewalk may have done would bring Lindsey closer in towards homes and away from the walking road. Would rails along some strech of sidewalk be part of this addition? Thanks!

I finally got approved to post........I have been waiting for weeks. Cyberswept and JVK can vouch for me. the funny thing is, I am the guy in the road vest watching JVK taking pictures etc. I was with him at the vigil that night. I have been reading the comments and dying to post back. I live right here in McCleary and would love to help.:dance:

WAHOO! We've been WAITING for you for WEEKS! :dance::D:dance:

HUNGRYFROGDAWELCOME-vi.gif

Welcome, blownaway!

You locals are invaluable here!:blowkiss:

A caution, however, about being identifiable on here. This seems like a friendly, small town with our little group of posters in this thread. But anyone can read here. Anyone.

Maybe Lindsey's kidnapper doesn't read here; maybe he/she does -- as many perps and perp's families do.
And keep in mind at all times that a local is probably the perp in this case. And we have NO IDEA who it could be.

You may not feel like Lindsey's kidnapper is a danger to adults, but what about some day when a murder or something happens in, say, Olympia, and you start following that case and post, "Aha, I'm going by the crime scene tomorrow, because I have an idea". . . and into your window that night creeps the murderer!!! :eek:

Okay, that's a little dramatic, but being identifiable on a crime website is not safe. Plus, there are rules here about posting as an "insider" which we're getting close to skirting in this thread. Be sure to contact Tricia if you plan to post as "yourself" anyone.

Welcome, blownaway!

A caution, however, about being identifiable on here. This seems like a friendly, small town with our little group of posters in this thread. But anyone can read here. Anyone.

Maybe Lindsey's kidnapper doesn't read here; maybe he/she does -- as many perps and perp's families do.
And keep in mind at all times that a local is probably the perp in this case. And we have NO IDEA who it could be.

You may not feel like Lindsey's kidnapper is a danger to adults, but what about some day when a murder or something happens in, say, Olympia, and you start following that case and post, "Aha, I'm going by the crime scene tomorrow, because I have an idea". . . and into your window that night creeps the murderer!!! :eek:

Okay, that's a little dramatic, but being identifiable on a crime website is not safe. Plus, there are rules here about posting as an "insider" which we're getting close to skirting in this thread. Be sure to contact Tricia if you plan to post as "yourself" anyone.

My post has been edited. I know what you are saying and I am usually very cautious, I was sort of defending myself because some though I might be a perp or something.

Blownaway I have a question you might be able to answer. As I was googling away I came across a report from WSDOT for repairs in Mc cleary. The report stated that they were allowing funds to the tune of $47,500.o(?) rounded to $48,000.00 for new sidewalks. Guess where those new sidewalks were supposed to be? Yep, 6th,7th, 8th, and Simpson. to the community center. Was this work completed and would the structure allotted make a walk safer? Ignore this and delete this if sidewalks lighting have been done. If this hasn't been done do to budget cost I would be miffed as a resident. The one thing that a sidewalk may have done would bring Lindsey closer in towards homes and away from the walking road. Would rails along some strech of sidewalk be part of this addition? Thanks!

When was that supposed to be done? I believe they are fairly new right now.....I am tempted to go for a drive.....

Crazy....I just went to town and saw JB and his Mom. He was riding his new bike (looked like a new one) listening to his IPOD or something. I noticed him riding toward the intersection in his own little world. I slowed way down in case he decided to fly out onto Mommson or something, Mom was sitting on the front lawn in a chair....It must be hard waiting for a child to come home not knowing if she will EVER even return...

There was also a very strange lady asking about the case at Gordons Grocery, the cashier was tweaked by her also. I wish I saw where the lady went..It was almost like she was probing to see if the cops had told them any secrets about the case there at the grocery store. The cashier did say that LE wanted them to look out for strange people but she said "it would be easier to look for normal people,there are less of them..".

I need to go really quick, I will get back on here later hopefully. Glad to be here.

How sad to picture Lindsey's mom sitting on her porch waiting for her daughter to come home! We have just GOT to find her!!!

Blownaway, we have recently found remains of children in or near waterways. Do you think those waterways and drainage ditches have been searched at least three times?

It really makes me realize how important closure is...You could never relax and move on....

Mabe Cyberswept wants to do some walking around with me soon? I am very skeptical as to how well the area has been searched.

Blownaway, we have recently found remains of children in or near waterways. Do you think those waterways and drainage ditches have been searched at least three times?

Mabe Cyberswept wants to do some walking around with me soon? I am very skeptical as to how well the area has been searched.

It would be wonderful! I was happy last week that LE went door-to-door and used dogs. However, Lindsey is still missing. I was hoping people might want to take some walk-abouts now that the weather has cooled.

I remember early in the search for Caylee Anthony. I had met some people online prior to joining WS and was adamantly wanting them to search the area where she was ultimately found! (My desire was purely logical, I had read the interview where KC's middle school friend said they buried their pets there). The people I talked to said they couldn't search there as it was fenced off private property. Since McCleary is a smaller town, perhaps the landowners won't have a problem with locals searching around on their properties.

Welcome to WS, Blownaway~ Glad to see you here finally! Now we have even more boots on the ground in McCleary which is great. Locals have become a very crucial part in trying to figure out what could have happened to Lindsey. It has been amazing at the information we have gleaned from them...just like your trip to the grocery store.

She sounds maybe more like another sleuth to me. Perhaps she is on this site or the sm site, but I would be willing to say it is more than possible she is one of us. LOL

It really makes me realize how important closure is...You could never relax and move on....
This is so true. I think the not knowing is far worse sometimes than knowing what happened to your child. To sit on her porch day after day and wonder must be pure hell for MB. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. :(

This is so true. I think the not knowing is far worse sometimes than knowing what happened to your child. To sit on her porch day after day and wonder must be pure hell for MB. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. :(

Kathy, the mother of Jennifer Wix and grandmother of Adrianna Wix, describes the feeling as being like when you are in a store and your child gets away from you. She said that panic feeling you have before you find your child hiding in the clothes rack is the feeling she has had every day since her girls went missing. They've been missing over five years!

Oh, cyber, it's wonderful people like you who still have hope that keep the rest of us from despair. I'm usually a very optimistic person but I have to admit that lately it's been hard with all of these babies just disappearing into thin air. So I have a hard time even entertaining the idea that she ran away when it just doesn't seem plausible.

I will hold out hope dear, down to the last person on the board if need be. Hope is what drives us forward in our everyday lives and our search for Lindsey. I can think of all kinds of circumstances that would leave her very much alive and until I am proven wrong, will believe with all my heart that she is alive.

It's a fight every day to get up and keep going when there is no real news, but for the sake of this little 11 year old girl, I will still believe. A glimmer of hope is all I need.

Thank you for your kind words. :)

I finally got approved to post........I have been waiting for weeks. Cyberswept and JVK can vouch for me. I was with them at the vigil that night they took a bunch of pictures. I have been reading the comments and dying to post back. I live right here in McCleary and would love to help.:dance:

Hey Blownaway.... Sorry man, I am all out of vouchers, you'll have to get one from Jvk. :woohoo:

welcome Blownaway!

Crazy....I just went to town and saw JB and his Mom. He was riding his new bike (looked like a new one) listening to his IPOD or something. I noticed him riding toward the intersection in his own little world. I slowed way down in case he decided to fly out onto Mommson or something, Mom was sitting on the front lawn in a chair....It must be hard waiting for a child to come home not knowing if she will EVER even return...

There was also a very strange lady asking about the case at Gordons Grocery, the cashier was tweaked by her also. I wish I saw where the lady went..It was almost like she was probing to see if the cops had told them any secrets about the case there at the grocery store. The cashier did say that LE wanted them to look out for strange people but she said "it would be easier to look for normal people,there are less of them..".

I need to go really quick, I will get back on here later hopefully. Glad to be here.

Welcome, blownaway!
g025.gif
Great report from Gordon's Grocery! Thanks for being there, and here, for Lindsey!

Welcome, blownaway!

Thanks for looking out for us, STEADFAST!
a010.gif

I really want to check out those waterways now. I can't stop thinking about them. Someone on another thread said TM from TES said all areas should be searched three times - and he's the professional!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member