ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something somewhere about the neighbor telling Wallis it was gone??? Am I dreaming?? And where was Wallis??? And he said he had 3 boys...where and how old are they?? Said he "knew the family". Knew them or "knew them".
You are not dreaming. I have read and heard so many things I cant remember what I have been told and what I have read, but I think my brother told me it was the neighbors who first noticed the gray suburban missing from the Wallis home. As far as where Wallis was I am not sure. I did read a comment from Wallis saying he knew Robert and family, but was much closer to Ehrlicks younger brother. I assume Wallis is maybe a family friend. I am curious to know who owns the home Wallis lives in. I know its been said he is a renter. The County I live in has a place you can type an address and see who owns a home, but Ada county where this happened doesnt not have any way to find out as far as I know.The reason I ask is because I had read somewhere that someone googled the Wallis address and it came up Jenkins upholstery and repair or something like that. I dont remember what the address is or I would google myself and see what it really comes up with

sorry if i have missed any previous discussion of this, but i noticed in the article that interviewed his teachers that there is a sentence that says "several residents at the Boise apartment complex where his mom lives described Robert as a quiet, polite boy who regularly carried out the trash and walked the family's dog - a pit bull - that seemed almost too big for him to control.

has anyone heard if the dog was taken by animal control or where it is?

This is the point in a case where new information will be hard to come by. The press conferences (if there are many more) will be full of, "I cannot answer that question. This ia an ongoing investigation." And rightfully so, IMO. Of course, I want to know everything NOW, but know that isn't going to happen.

I do hope that on the day Robert is laid to rest, it will all be about Robert and not all sorts of sordid articles rehashing everything. That day should be about remembering Robert.

I had no idea that the BF and egg donor had a pit bull. People who like to keep drugs in their homes or apartments often choose a pit bull for a pet. Before anyone objects - I am not saying that everyone that has a pit bull has drugs in their house/apt.. If this dog seemed almost too big for Robert to control, then it was probably also over the weight for being allowed in the apartment. I wonder if the management knew about this dog? Some pit bulls can turn against the owner in a split second. I wonder if this dog had bitten or mauled Robert? I have a friend that is a deputy sheriff who lives in an apartment complex as security. He has been bitten by a pit bull responding to a disturbance within an apartment where he lives/works. The resident did not let management know he had a dog and did not have a pet deposit up. I am very alarmed to know of this big dog.

Just speculating here on Robert maybe having been injured by this dog.

Google 7200 southdale boise idaho steve jenkins and tell me what you think. There are three hits when you google this. Two are from other sites saying there is a steven jenkins at this address. The third says that same Steve has a middle name of Robert. Now I am wondering if its Melissas family that might be the landlord of that house. Not sure Steve is related to Melissa, but it would make sense that Robert would be named after his grandpa Steven Robert

~snipped~
I didn't know that someone took the keys from his house. :confused:

He said his black-and-gray Chevy Suburban was stolen July 22 after someone came into his house and took the keys. He found it Monday after returning from a weekend away and called the Ada County Sheriff's Department.

When officials investigated, he told them of his connection to the Ehrlick family.

"I mentioned that I know these guys. I've met the little boy," Wallis said. Wallis said he last saw Robert at David Ehrlick's home a few months ago.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/localnews/v-print/story/852598.html

WHOA....BBM, a few months ago?? How long is summer break?? Here in DFW, Texas its 2 months and 20 days give or take a few days.

WHOA....BBM, a few months ago?? How long is summer break?? Here in DFW, Texas its 2 months and 20 days give or take a few days.
I would assume that if a judge has ordered she get summer visitation then its also been ordered that she get every other weekend or something like that

Did BF do this unsuccessful overdose so he could plead "insane" if he is charged? Males who commit suicide don't generally overdose. Their deaths tend to be more violent and from the info. we know of him he is a violent person, so if he really was serious about this I don't think he would have taken the easy way "out" with drugs.

Like so many of you, I believe he is the one who killed little Robert and I don't think Mom had anything to do with it. At first I did but when I saw her on TV and saw her sad eyes I changed my mind. The BF however, looked quite normal, like he was being filmed shopping or out for a walk in a park, if you know what I mean.

Agreed....I would be shocked if Daniel tried to commit suicide. Does the hospital he is in have a detox program? Seems to me he's an addict and with being the center of a murder investigation, couldn't get his fix. Withdrawal can be worse than death for some. mho

In looking at the Crime Mapping page of the Ada County Sheriff department I was ASTONISHED at the amout of drug related crime in the area..

Take a look...(Click on Drugs)

http://www.adaweb.net/mapping/
Idaho has had a very big drug problem for a long time now. It is a highly populated meth area. You would think that for the amount of drugs this state has we wouldnt be as supportive as we are.

I would assume that if a judge has ordered she get summer visitation then its also been ordered that she get every other weekend or something like that

I have worked in the social service field, here in Idaho for 13 years (I am not a social worker, associated with Health and Welfare, or in law enforcement) and my experience has been that if the judge gave the mother Summer visitation, she also had regular visitation. Here in Idaho, judges favor the mother, even when there have been laws broken and convictions. While he was placed with his father, the court will do everything possible to preserve the relationship with his mother. Not saying that's right (It obviously isn't in some cases), but it's just the way it rolls here. Also, here in Idaho, my experience has been that a parent (especially mom) does not lose visitation unless they are incarcerated.

What if Wallis wasn't actually gone for the weekend, but was helping Ehrlick with Robert? Maybe he told people he was going to be out of town so he would have an alibi, the neighbors noticed his car was gone, and he reported it stolen so they wouldn't get suspicious about him lying about being gone for the weekend?

I don't know. Kinda far-fetched, but everything seems so off about this part of the story, and I think it's going to end up being a very important part.

I thought of that every other week visitation after I typed it, but who knows. Still think Wallis connection and suburban is weird. I also wondered about what became of the pitbull. Did your brother or sister say anything about the dog, Idaho-Native??? Are there pets allowed there?? That just broadens the speculation. Maybe Robert was supposed to take dog out, didn't, it messed in there and bf got mad...or any other of a 1000 reasons.

What if Wallis wasn't actually gone for the weekend, but was helping Ehrlick with Robert? Maybe he told people he was going to be out of town so he would have an alibi, the neighbors noticed his car was gone, and he reported it stolen so they wouldn't get suspicious about him lying about being gone for the weekend?

I don't know. Kinda far-fetched, but everything seems so off about this part of the story, and I think it's going to end up being a very important part.
I get a feeling Wallis didnt have anything to do with it, but at this point anything is possible. If this was the case then it takes it back to premeditated. For the life of me I cant understand why friends or family would plan a killing like this.

My 'guess' would be that Wallis' keys were in his Suburban when it was found.

We're only getting bits and pieces of the details surrounding this 'stolen vehicle', which is making us assume things. I wish those darn reporters would do a better job! ;)

I'd love to know if there was any phone contact between Wallis and Ehrlick Jr around the 22nd (or afterwards), when the Suburban was allegedly stolen; but I don't expect to get an answer.

(bbm) Or maybe phone contact instead w the bf's bro, who wittingly or unwittingly could conceivably have served as mutual middleman in which case Wallis may have been kept genuinely in the dark. Personally I did not detect deception on Wallis' part either, he may have simply returned to the report by a neighbor of his vehicle having mysteriously gone missing, thus been genuinely puzzled when keys were discovered inside the vehicle. I'm sure he's starting to put it all together by now...

:parrot:

True, Wallis may be an innocent bystander......who was taken advantage of because someone knew he was gone and knew his suburban was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen