WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, Cyber~ Hope the skit went well and a good time was had by all. :)

Lovely words. It is refreshing to see the men on here pour out their hearts and join in an effort to find a missing child. If I had a hat on, I would tip it to all the gents on this forum for their active participation in providing us with first hand accounts, photos from every angle including from the clouds, and how much you have all contributed in this case. Maybe someday Lindsey will be here to thank you for all your hard work, too.

I applaud our locals (male and female) for everything they have done and are doing in an effort to bring her home. Bravo!! :woohoo: Someday, I wish to visit McCleary, WA and meet the fine people who take time out of their busy lives to try and find one of their own even if they didn't know her personally. The whole community sounds like a place I would find so comfortable.

Now...about that picnic at Tweeker's Creek...Uhm...do people on crack eat? Hahahaha~

Unfourtanetly NMK I feel they know nothing. Hope mom or someone puts pressure on them to "poo or get off the pot"..The silence is killing me I can't imagine how it is for Lindsey's family..:(

I have the same feeling, but I am trying to stay hopeful. When they released the profile, I realized that they knew nothing, but I keep hoping that my initial impression was way off the mark.

Welcome back, Cyber~ Hope the skit went well and a good time was had by all. :)

Lovely words. It is refreshing to see the men on here pour out their hearts and join in an effort to find a missing child. If I had a hat on, I would tip it to all the gents on this forum for their active participation in providing us with first hand accounts, photos from every angle including from the clouds, and how much you have all contributed in this case. Maybe someday Lindsey will be here to thank you for all your hard work, too.

I applaud our locals (male and female) for everything they have done and are doing in an effort to bring her home. Bravo!! :woohoo: Someday, I wish to visit McCleary, WA and meet the fine people who take time out of their busy lives to try and find one of their own even if they didn't know her personally. The whole community sounds like a place I would find so comfortable.

Now...about that picnic at Tweeker's Creek...Uhm...do people on crack eat? Hahahaha~

I wholeheartedly agree. I have followed a handful of cases on these forums and Lindsey's WSers are the best!:clap::clap::clap:

So, is there really a place called Tweeker's Creek?:eek:

Back to work for me too. Jen, you run an excavator? Can we talk? :)

I'm a jack (or is that jill?) of all trades. My in laws have hired my husband and I to clear some land.. a friend loaned us the excavator and I've learned to run it. So if you have a full time job to offer me that includes running heavy equipment, I'll send you my resume (You have to supply the heavy equipment.. but I supply my own hard hat).

Got rained out today.. :(

<snipped>

SS- I don't know any tweakers so I'm not sure if they eat or not. lol

<snipped>

So, is there really a place called Tweeker's Creek?:eek:

According to a "local" that has talked to DD on SM it is. I've personally never heard it called that.

OT - but just shows another case of how screwed up the laws and sentencing are in WA regarding sex offenders:

http://so.co.mason.wa.us/index.php?aid=548
Doesn't this just make you want to scream? These people who make these decisions to release may someday be spending their nights in tearful agony when these predators of our children reoffend causing another tortured death on a child. It even states it is a brain didorder! I'm thinking they are trying to retrain these guys like "Pavlovs Dogs" and keeping fingers crossed it works so that they can right accolades in the lates Psychiatric journals. :furious:

Doesn't this just make you want to scream? These people who make these decisions to release may someday be spending their nights in tearful agony when these predators of our children reoffend causing another tortured death on a child. It even states it is a brain didorder! I'm thinking they are trying to retrain these guys like "Pavlovs Dogs" and keeping fingers crossed it works so that they can right accolades in the lates Psychiatric journals. :furious:

The law should be that level II and level III offenders be monitored for the rest of their lives. Furthermore, they should have to gain employment to pay for the monitoring service and if they can't afford it, go back to jail. That'd keep em busy! One of the problems is, these losers once released, just have too much time on their hands.

Hello Everyone, I finally was able to get signed back in after about a month but have been reading the blog and trying to keep up on it. I just want to say that everyone on here are really awesome! Keep up the good work! I too am a local and everytime someone had a question I wanted to try an answer, but for some reason I forgot my password and then I couldn't get back in. I wrote it down this time! I have to agree with Cyberswept. This town does care about Lindsey missing but we have to keep getting up everyday and doing our normal routine because life goes on, but not a day goes by that when I am out and about that I keep my eyes open and think about her and say prayers for her and her family every night. I also went to the last vigil and noticed that it was mostly local people and not a dry eye but for the exception of JB, mom, KK and her daughter. I came away very angry at mom because of her showing no emotion, but I have calmed myself down since then. A young lady who grew up in this town and then moved away came. Her husband and her drove four hours just to come to the vigil that night. She said that she had to come because this was her town she grew up in. Now as far as having a Tweakers Bar, never heard of it. He-He
I to am frustrated that all of a sudden there hasn't been any information from LE but maybe they do know something and they are trying to keep it quiet. It has been almost six weeks and my heart breaks a little more when I drive down the hill into town everyday.
My friend and co-worker Nancy Moyer from Tenino has been missing for five months now and when they took the poster down at work I cried. Again she vanished without a trace and she has two little darling girls. It just breaks my heart. How can anyone vanish without a trace? To the woman whose son just came back from Iraq, please give him a hug from all of us and shake his hand for all of us! Gotta Go for now. Thank you for letting me vent!

Haven't been posting here, but I have been following along everyday. Ya'll have been doing awesome work!

Where is this baby girl?

Today I drove by "Mikes Market" in town and it looks closed. Like they just packed up in the night. They are the other gas station in town right next to the video store and Subway etc. I stopped in there for premium fuel a few weeks ago and he said he was out so I think they were using up the last of the fuel inventory before closing up shop. Probably nothing but just the facts.:waitasec:

Today I drove by "Mikes Market" in town and it looks closed. Like they just packed up in the night. They are the other gas station in town right next to the video store and Subway etc. I stopped in there for premium fuel a few weeks ago and he said he was out so I think they were using up the last of the fuel inventory before closing up shop. Probably nothing but just the facts.:waitasec:

My dad says that they're closed for a week for vacation or remodel or cleaning or something...

I'm a jack (or is that jill?) of all trades. My in laws have hired my husband and I to clear some land.. a friend loaned us the excavator and I've learned to run it. So if you have a full time job to offer me that includes running heavy equipment, I'll send you my resume (You have to supply the heavy equipment.. but I supply my own hard hat).

Got rained out today.. :(

SS- I don't know any tweakers so I'm not sure if they eat or not. lol

According to a "local" that has talked to DD on SM it is. I've personally never heard it called that.

Prolly cause it was named by a Tweaker who wasn't a Wildcat
muttley.gif

Hello Everyone, I finally was able to get signed back in after about a month but have been reading the blog and trying to keep up on it. I just want to say that everyone on here are really awesome! Keep up the good work! I too am a local and everytime someone had a question I wanted to try an answer, but for some reason I forgot my password and then I couldn't get back in. I wrote it down this time! I have to agree with Cyberswept. This town does care about Lindsey missing but we have to keep getting up everyday and doing our normal routine because life goes on, but not a day goes by that when I am out and about that I keep my eyes open and think about her and say prayers for her and her family every night. I also went to the last vigil and noticed that it was mostly local people and not a dry eye but for the exception of JB, mom, KK and her daughter. I came away very angry at mom because of her showing no emotion, but I have calmed myself down since then. A young lady who grew up in this town and then moved away came. Her husband and her drove four hours just to come to the vigil that night. She said that she had to come because this was her town she grew up in. Now as far as having a Tweakers Bar, never heard of it. He-He
I to am frustrated that all of a sudden there hasn't been any information from LE but maybe they do know something and they are trying to keep it quiet. It has been almost six weeks and my heart breaks a little more when I drive down the hill into town everyday.
My friend and co-worker Nancy Moyer from Tenino has been missing for five months now and when they took the poster down at work I cried. Again she vanished without a trace and she has two little darling girls. It just breaks my heart. How can anyone vanish without a trace? To the woman whose son just came back from Iraq, please give him a hug from all of us and shake his hand for all of us! Gotta Go for now. Thank you for letting me vent!

Thelma, It is such a pleasure to meet you and I hope you post more often. You know from reading that everyone here really appreciates the local input. It is amazing the group of posters assembled here to help find Lindsey. And everyone here works so well together, giving of themselves in their own special way.

I haven't read about Nancy but will do that tonight. When I first started watching COLD CASE I became more positive, learning what they do to solve them. Encouraged is the word, and in the last year we have seen some cases solved like Chandra Levy's. We just can't give up and need to keep on plugging. xox

LOL If I had not read the other post saying they were closed for remodel, vacation, or otherwise...I would have gotten mighty suspicious myself! (Or I would have thought they possibly had a severe downturn in beer sales after they turned a certain buyer away. LOL)

OK...well...I must say...I am just a wee bit suspicious.

Welcome back, Thelma~ Great post!! It is totally understandable the need to vent about our missing who vanish into thin air. I am sorry about your friend, Nancy M. and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Bless those little girls who are struggling without their mother. :( If we as adults cannot comprehend it, how can we expect the youngest victims to grasp what happened to their parent? It must be so confusing for them.

LOL If I had not read the other post saying they were closed for remodel, vacation, or otherwise...I would have gotten mighty suspicious myself! (Or I would have thought they possibly had a severe downturn in beer sales after they turned a certain buyer away. LOL)

OK...well...I must say...I am just a wee bit suspicious.

Got me thinkin'Hmmmmmm as well ;}

I'll have to see if I can find out if Mikes closed for good.

Many years ago my parents owned a small grocery store/gas station (much like Mikes) and the cost outweighed the profit so they eventually sold it. In todays economy and as depressed as Grays Harbor is.. It would not surprise me if Mikes closed for good. There is no profit in those little stores like that. It's hard to keep your head above water.

So I just got caught up over at SM. Seems like they are saying now that everything they posted have been proven to be lies.. funny that, huh? Someone questions the validity of said "contacts" and all of a sudden they turn around and say that everything was a lie. Why not name the contacts? It seems they have no problem naming every other person who lives in McCleary as a suspect. Why not give us (and the LEs) the names of the contacts?
Why do possibly innocent people get their names drug through the mud.. but the "tweakers" of the town get anonymity?
hmmm?

Thelma, I followed Nancys disappearance from the beginning. I've never understood what happened to her. It just doesn't make sense. I hope her family and friends are doing ok. I can't even imagine the pain something like this must bring. She continues to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

I haven't stopped hugging my son since he stepped off that plane on Saturday. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288