Donnie Stallworth

An Air Force staff sergeant suspected in the shooting deaths of Byrd and Melanie Billings was booked into the Escambia County Jail this morning.
Advertisement

Donald Stallworth, 28, was extradited from Escambia County, Ala., where he was arrested July 14.

(snipped)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090728/NEWS01/90728020

A judge has denied bond for an Air Force sergeant accused in the shooting deaths of Byrd and Melanie Billings.

Donnie Ray Stallworth Jr. is one of eight people charged in the deaths.

The couple, who were known for adopting 13 special needs children, were killed in a July 9 home invasion. A safe was stolen from their home.

Stallworth appeared via video from jail in a Pensacola court Wednesday after he was extradited from nearby Brewton, Ala., where he turned himself in earlier this month.

(snipped)

http://pnj.com/article/20090729/NEWS01/907290355

No drug problem.
I am related to Donnie and can vouch that he does not do drugs.

No drug problem.
I am related to Donnie and can vouch that he does not do drugs.

Hi Suki: Welcome to WS. Good to have a relative here. But I did not ask if Donnie did drugs. I asked:

"Does Donnie Stallworth have a relative named Katrina Denise Stallworth who lives in Cantonment?"

Oh, Oh. Donnie Stallworth is married to a THS. However, in one police report it is stated that a woman, MS identified herself as Donnie Stallworth's girlfriend. He sent her a text message over the July 4th weekend about being involved in a robbery. I guess this meant he told her he WOULD be involved in a robbery. He enquired about storing a safe on her property (by text message!). Then the next week, he sent her another text message and told her he had been involved in a robbery.

Several posters have said that Donnie Stallworth is a good guy. But not only was he involved in the Billings murder, he cheated on his family.....

Man. This is the story that just keeps on hurting.

We had the initial crime and associated shock, then the details in media, then all the statements released with their grisly specifics...

As if that were not bad enough, I just finished reading the heartbreaking statement from Donnie Stallworth Jr.s wife. There is no 'blockbuster' revelation in there, and of course, the focus needs to be on Billings as victims, but as a piece of linear narrative, this is just horrible to read, to see how this affects his family in his wife's own words.

What a waste.

pp 241 of master pdf file, her statement is 6 pages long - it starts slow, so read all six pages
http://weartv.com/newsroom/documents/billings_evidence.pdf

Man. This is the story that just keeps on hurting.

We had the initial crime and associated shock, then the details in media, then all the statements released with their grisly specifics...

As if that were not bad enough, I just finished reading the heartbreaking statement from Donnie Stallworth Jr.s wife. There is no 'blockbuster' revelation in there, and of course, the focus needs to be on Billings as victims, but as a piece of linear narrative, this is just horrible to read, to see how this affects his family in his wife's own words.

What a waste.

pp 241 of master pdf file, her statement is 6 pages long - it starts slow, so read all six pages
http://weartv.com/newsroom/documents/billings_evidence.pdf

Yeah Loss, Their story breaks my heart too.... he really could have had a good life and tossed it.........and crushed everyone who cared about him.

according to ricksblog.........Jr/Sr are racists but NEEDED Stallworth?Sumner because tey were experts in HOME INVASION...............

He must not have been very racist if he recruited them. I'm sure there are white experts in home invasion in the area.

I've respected ricksblog, but this racist info is unnecessary jouranlistic icing.

Link Posted by Solomisskitty earlier in Media Links.

Billings Murder: Crime Spree Connection

By Jessica Taloney Reporter

Two men charged in the calculated murders of a Florida panhandle couple may also be tied to a rash of unsolved home invasions and another murder.

According to newly released documents in the Billings murder investigation, Donnie Stallworth, 28, and Gary Sumner, 30, "have possibly been involved in other criminal activity." The document, a request from investigators in the Florida state attorney's office to the U.S. Air Force to obtain Stallworth's military record, says the Air Force Staff Sergeant and Sumner may specifically be linked to robberies in the Fort Walton Beach area dating back to 2005.

They're suspected of robbing Dope Houses. 1 man killed. Everywhere you turn with this bunch there's drugs.They also linked the gun used in the murder to a member from the same squadron as Stallworth.

From Ricks Bolg

The robberies involved black males wearing dark clothing and ski masks.

On Sept. 5, Luis Magana-Gonzalez- a known drug dealer and Mexican national- was killed in his apartment in Fort Walton Beach. Before he died, he identified his attackers as two black men. Police found a Taurus 9mm handgun at the scene and traced it to James Calzo, who was active duty USAF. Calzo claimed that he had sold it to Adrian Watson, who was stationed at Hurlburt in early 2005.

The murder remains unsolved.

Stallworth worked in the same squadron as Watson.

RicksBlog

That's relevant. Publishing that someone was racist isn't relevant.

This part of Florida is near Alabama. Adding the racism is mere icing to spin fear and hate.

This part of Florida is near Alabama. Adding the racism is mere icing to spin fear and hate.

No, as a local, I respectfully disagree. The fact that some of the perps may have been racist or had negative attitudes about minorities, just proves how twisted and convoluted this case is. Some of the perps may have been so ignorant that they would not normally hang with these other guys because of race, but the "bond" of criminal intent brought them together. It is ironic, IMO.

And for the minority perps involved ...if they realized who these people were that they were hooking up with ...
but the root motive for most involved was greed, the great equalizer.

This is a funny town (Pensacola area) with a lot of contradictions. It is more like lower Alabama, and less like Central and South FL, IMO. There are a lot of GREAT things about this area. But there are a lot of frustrations also.

In the documents released by the State Attorney, Sue Ann Matthews, a girlfriend of Frank Gonzalez (Lenny’s brother), says in her statement, “I knew Leonard did not like black people.”

Jerry Wood told investigators, “Patrick don’t fool with black people either.”

Not sure why Rick chose to print this. However, it does add some insight on the type of mentality these murdering animals have.

Just a tid-bit. The area of the Gulf Coast running from Pensacola to Alabama is known to some as the Redneck Riviera.

We're also known here as LA = Lower Alabama.

No, as a local, I respectfully disagree. The fact that some of the perps may have been racist or had negative attitudes about minorities, just proves how twisted and convoluted this case is. Some of the perps may have been so ignorant that they would not normally hang with these other guys because of race, but the "bond" of criminal intent brought them together. It is ironic, IMO.

And for the minority perps involved ...if they realized who these people were that they were hooking up with ...
but the root motive for most involved was greed, the great equalizer.

I agree with all that.

This is a funny town (Pensacola area) with a lot of contradictions. It is more like lower Alabama, and less like Central and South FL, IMO. There are a lot of GREAT things about this area. But there are a lot of frustrations also.

Agree with all that also. However, I will say this. I like the Pensacola area a whole lot better than any other part of Florida I've ever been in and I've been all over the state. I have some friends I met over the internet. They used to bust my chops saying Pensacola wasn't really part of Florida. They had been going to S. Florida for years. I talked them into coming to this area. They stayed a few days at Pensacola Beach and a few days over in orange Beach, Alabama. Funny thing is, this was in 1995 and they haven't been back to S. Fla. since. They either come to Pensacola or Orange Beach now.

Just a little info on Donnie. First, we don't believe he had even met Gary at this time in 2005, also if they pull Donnie's military records, they will perhaps find that he was deployed during the time of that robbery also.

Just a little info on Donnie. First, we don't believe he had even met Gary at this time in 2005, also if they pull Donnie's military records, they will perhaps find that he was deployed during the time of that robbery also.

On Page 205 Marquita Scruggs says "There is also a Joseph McBride that has been involved in a robbery that I know of with Sgt. Stallworth but from my understand that happened a few years ago"

On Page 175 Joseph McBride states: "Also a while back I think I was here when I got this text message. But it read something like I just pulled a lick and he came up on some money. He didn't say anything else about it it was awhile ago I can't even remember I just remember him saying something about money he got from a lick" (to "pull a lick" is slang for robbing someone).

Some of Donnie's closest friends are testifying that he has previously been involved in robberies. We do not know if they involved Gary or not. But there seems to be alot of evidence that the Billings hit was not his first.

Likewise the evidence (in multiple statements) about the drug dealing out of 5th Dimension, and DStallz association with it, the guys, and even the Green Back Stackas.

I have no doubt that in many respects, Stalls was a compelling and genuinely nice guy. He seemed to want to take care of his kids, etc., and he did join the military for a 'square' job... but the ' life' influences and his acceptance of it cannot be ignored. It suffuses his own lyrics, his own websites, his own associations and actions. And now , it looks like he will pay the piper for the poor choices he made, although of all the 'ninja gang', I would easily believe that he would be the most honestly remorseful.

Also, in the statements, one of the shady characters that is close friends with Pat Poff discussed doing "jobs" (crimes) with Stallworth Sr.

Now, those are just statements and allegations, but they are certainly plausible, in the context of what happened, and the fact that even some of the military people Stallworth Jr associated with admitted to AFOSI to their own criminality while in uniform. That is a disgrace.

What's the most lenient murder sentencing possible in Florida?

In Pennsylvania, the most lenient sentence for murder is LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE.

I'm just wondering how Florida laws are different.

As a *minor* aside, I was tracing a phrase used in one of the statements: "get straight"... the search led me to the rap song "Gotta touch Em Part 2", where the phrase is used by DJ Paul. There is a lot of imagery and slang in there that I don't know of course, being a foolish 'straight' working stiff. Stuff like "Pamper house" (drug house with kids home?) or "Honeycomb", "Duece Duece" (must be a .22 pistol?).... anyway, I not only took the time to read DJ Paul's verse, but when my eye's read the rest of the lyrics, especially "Crunchy Black's" verse... I literally got a cold chill, because the attitudes and actions could have been written to describe exactly what went on in the horrific robbery and murder of the Billings.

I know rap is an 'expressive art form', but when I read that kind of thing, my sense of humor and interest in supporting 'other cultural forms of expression' goes right out the window. Any culture with these attitudes is, IMHO, a sign we need to do something about our situation in this nation. I don't have the answers, but I am ready (somewhere else, of course) to have the discussion. Anyone running around thinking that, and singing that, and living that, is not going to jibe with the world I want to create for my kids, and their kids, and so on.

Link to lyrics that are definitely NSFW:
http://www.kovideo.net/lyrics/t/Three-6-Mafia/Gotta-Touch-Em-Part-2.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77