CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this really is going to be :eek:fftopic:

Hey "e" I had something I wanted to tell ya, been meaning to for a while now. I want you to know that my a/c took a dump. Because of this we have the widows open with fans running. Because of THIS flies keep coming in and they land on my monitor.
I HAVE TRIED TO KILL YOUR SIGGY AVATAR THREE TIMES!!!!!
:waitasec: :doh: :floorlaugh:

and on another note, while I'm making an :butthead: of myself look at this lil guy I just found...

:baby:

Isn't he just the cutest thing?

I have to do this periodically to take my mind off of the issue at hand or I think I may take a road trip to Fremont. Seriously though. The last update AWC posted said that...

" The volunteers spent most of the day searching through high brush at the park and marshlands in Hayward for any sign of the missing 5-year-old. Police say investigative leads led them to the search areas but they would not be any more specific."

Think that would imply leads GENERATED by LE...as in perhaps following pings? I would think there would be a difference in "investigative leads" and "leads followed up by LE"...KWIM?

You are awesome and he is cute .... thanks for making me laugh - :woohoo:

Hi CarrieBean, I am stuck at work taking the occasional peek in on the thread. Any idea how far away this park is from the shoe store where the BMW was parked?

Eleph
30 miles, if your question hasn't already been answered.

Sure wish we could find some background info on LWR and JMC which may provide some insights into past behaviors - can't find a danged thing .... off to search again. :bang:

Sure wish we could find some background info on LWR and JMC which may provide some insights into past behaviors - can't find a danged thing .... off to search again. :bang:

Offhand I can't remember the email address for Mars. I'm beginning to think they're from outter space because NO ONE seems to be able to find these two anywhere.
On his 17 minute spotlight, LWR said that JMC doesn't drive. I wonder if that means she doesn't even have a drivers license? The complete and total lack of information about these two is mind boggling.

Well this really is going to be :eek:fftopic:

Hey "e" I had something I wanted to tell ya, been meaning to for a while now. I want you to know that my a/c took a dump. Because of this we have the widows open with fans running. Because of THIS flies keep coming in and they land on my monitor.
I HAVE TRIED TO KILL YOUR SIGGY AVATAR THREE TIMES!!!!!
:waitasec: :doh: :floorlaugh:

and on another note, while I'm making an :butthead: of myself look at this lil guy I just found...

:baby:

Isn't he just the cutest thing?

I have to do this periodically to take my mind off of the issue at hand or I think I may take a road trip to Fremont. Seriously though. The last update AWC posted said that...

" The volunteers spent most of the day searching through high brush at the park and marshlands in Hayward for any sign of the missing 5-year-old. Police say investigative leads led them to the search areas but they would not be any more specific."

Think that would imply leads GENERATED by LE...as in perhaps following pings? I would think there would be a difference in "investigative leads" and "leads followed up by LE"...KWIM?

YThank you kindly for the laugh. I needed that tonight...too many missing babies.

BTW I love that bouncing elephant.

From this part of your post:

I would like to know in what article or interview did the couple say that they were being profiled or unduly questioned solely because of their race.
Someone else made mention of something similar, and yet I must have missed seeing or reading any reference to such a thing. Do you have a link to an article?

Based on what I read, their attorney is a civil rights lawyer.
IDK, but that gave me the impression that it had something to do with race.

Thanks, Angel. You could be right about what others are mistaking. John Burris is one of the most high profile attorneys in the entire Bay Area, who also happens to be black.
His practice areas include Civil Rights Violations, Employment Discrimination, Child Dependency, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury/Wrongful Death.
My point is, there are a number of areas in which his expertise might be helpful and encouraging to them. And, he is a familiar figure, since he is often in the news or on television, both locally and nationally.

Is this the same John Burris who is a TH on Nancy Grace?

ETA: Yup...answered my own question. It's the same attorney. http://www.johnburrislaw.com/

Here is a snap of what has been found for LWR but then the trail goes cold.

Attachments

• LWR Texas.jpg
    LWR Texas.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 36
http://cpsasystemoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/2009/08/missing-boys-relatives-plead-for-his.html

Efforts to reach the couple have been unsuccessful. But Campbell's mother, Pamela Clark, 62, of San Francisco, said authorities seemed more focused on her daughter and Ross than on finding the boy.

Court records show that San Francisco officials sued Shemika Campbell and Hasanni's father, Ronald Hughes, starting in 2005, claiming they were unable to support Hasanni.

The actions, one against Hughes and the other against Campbell, were apparently resolved last year with a default judgment entered on behalf of the city. They could not be reached for comment

I think this is the first time I have noticed the biological father's name mentioned.

I wonder if this attorney just wanted press? I find it very odd that he is discussing what he discussed with a prospective client, and I find his advice very odd as well.

Oakland attorney John Burris said Thursday that he was contacted earlier this week by Ross and Campbell because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then the police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

ETA- He is a civil rights attorney and defense firm, specializing in rights violations, police misconduct, racial profiling, which makes the advise not to be dismayed by being aggressively interrogated? Oh and BTW the front page of his site has his book for sale.
I know Burris personally, I've met him, and yes he is a media hound and has a high-profile in the Bay Area.

From this part of your post:

I would like to know in what article or interview did the couple say that they were being profiled or unduly questioned solely because of their race.
Someone else made mention of something similar, and yet I must have missed seeing or reading any reference to such a thing. Do you have a link to an article?

It was briefly and generally discussed and no one attributed it to a quote by the couple. I think the inference came from articles stating:

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.
"They're emotionally traumatized, then police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said. —pg. 14, #330

combined with the identification of Mr. Burris solely as a civil rights attorney:

said Oakland civil rights attorney John Burris, —pg. 15, post #363

The couple, who also have custody of Hasanni's year-old sister, were seeking advice from John Burris, a civil rights attorney. —pg. 15, #363

There is one that I haven't located again which had a list of legal areas in which Mr. Burris practices immediately following his name, similar to the description you gave, but it did not include any of the ones you mentioned other than the ones that fall under civil rights.

and finally the articles only describe the couple as consulting or seeking the advise of Mr. Burris; it has yet to be confirmed he is their attorney.

Burris has not been formally retained by Ross.
"I don't think (he) needs an attorney," Burris said today. —pg. 15, #363

Your post is the first to ascribe fields of law to Mr. Burris other than civil rights. If this information had been provided simultaneously with the couple's issues with LE, or if Mr. Burris had been confirmed as their lawyer, the inference wouldn't have been made I don't believe. In any case, racial bias was not the context in which it was presented, and I don't think you took it that way, did you?

The www is global and not everyone posting/reading at WS will be familiar with Mr. Burris' reputation, etc. The only reference some will have is the information provided here. This may result in erroneous leads and faulty premises. Fortunately, we work as a team and everyone contributes what they have discovered formally and sometimes just what they think or suspect in a kind of brainstorming mode; no offense intended or taken. I have never encountered, nor do I ever expect to, any criteria that would eliminate a case from being sleuthed here. As far as children are concerned, it goes well beyond solving a crime. Everyone here knowingly subjects themselves to the full range of intense emotions associated with crimes against children and everyone takes it personally. I think most everyone here if they could, would voluntarily go to that horrific point in time, and if they couldn't defend the child, would say, let me take this and not this child. You haven't said anything contrary to this, I just wanted to absolutely dispel any concern the posts about this matter may have generated for you. I hope I have, but if I haven't please accept my sincerest apology for my failure.

Hmm - Jumping in the middle of all of your excellent sleuthing. . .

Something that Mr. Ross said on Nancy Grace is not sitting well with me:

ROSS: Initially, it didn`t hit me. He`s probably standing around there, probably just got -- when Hasanni gets frustrated, he freezes. So I thought he would still be on the side. And we all thought -- even Jennifer thought he was probably just hiding and joking around.

First he says that Hasanni "freezes" when he's "frustrated" and then, almost in the same breath he says "we all thought. . . he was probably just hiding and joking around".

Anyone else find this statement contradictory. . . and possibly telling?

And then we find out that LE is searching by the auto salvage yard that Ross allegedly took Hassani and his sister to that morning.

Did Hassani "freeze" and not want to get out of the car at the junk yard? Did Ross take the baby inside and leave Hassani in the hot car too long? Did he lock him in to make sure he didn't "wander away" something else that news reports mentioned Hassani as doing in the past?

IMO, I looks like Hasani will be found near the auto salvage yard. I don't believe he ever made it to the shoe store. It may well be that his death was a horrible accident, and it appears that Mr. Ross didn't have the courage to face his fiancee or LE with the truth.

I could certainly be wrong (and I hope to God that Hassani is alive and well).

I understand that they've taken the car in for forensic testing.

Here is a snap of what has been found for LWR but then the trail goes cold.

Elepher, we need to get someone with ancestry to check on that DOB. I searched ancestry for a LWR and it came up with two sets of births to a LR, and the other child died in 1970 according to the SSDI. Perhaps someone can look at that for us.

http://cpsasystemoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/2009/08/missing-boys-relatives-plead-for-his.html
I think this is the first time I have noticed the biological father's name mentioned.

Yes I made note of that, first and only time I saw that too. Also made a Word Doc of all family members as reported by media too.

I'm thinking it is. :)

Hmm - Jumping in the middle of all of your excellent sleuthing. . .

Something that Mr. Ross said on Nancy Grace is not sitting well with me:

ROSS: Initially, it didn`t hit me. He`s probably standing around there, probably just got -- when Hasanni gets frustrated, he freezes. So I thought he would still be on the side. And we all thought -- even Jennifer thought he was probably just hiding and joking around.

First he says that Hasanni "freezes" when he's "frustrated" and then, almost in the same breath he says "we all thought. . . he was probably just hiding and joking around".

Anyone else find this statement contradictory. . . and possibly telling?

And then we find out that LE is searching by the auto salvage yard that Ross allegedly took Hassani and his sister to that morning.

Did Hassani "freeze" and not want to get out of the car at the junk yard? Did Ross take the baby inside and leave Hassani in the hot car too long? Did he lock him in to make sure he didn't "wander away" something else that news reports mentioned Hassani as doing in the past?

IMO, I looks like Hasani will be found near the auto salvage yard. I don't believe he ever made it to the shoe store. It may well be that his death was a horrible accident, and it appears that Mr. Ross didn't have the courage to face his fiancee or LE with the truth.

I could certainly be wrong (and I hope to God that Hassani is alive and well).

I understand that they've taken the car in for forensic testing.

Hi Lindadanette - so much of what Ross says are at two extremes...it's almost scary.

some conflicts I remember:

Ross said - I was early by about an hour - I was running late....that's why I didn't use my cell.

Ross drives a BMW - why was he at the salvage yard?

Ross said - Hassani freezes when frustrated - he laughs and jokes (your ex.)

Ross is attending school to become a Medical Assistant (very people oriented) - he is a computer engineer or consultant (very detail oriented) IMO that is very strange switch of careers!

Look at how Ross fudges his reports to the media and in interviews - specific details do NOT exist

Appears to be quite articulate, calm, and intelligent when reporting to the media - his details about even the smallest scenario of the day are a disaster

Seems to me that Ross is self-absorbed and totally narcissistic making it difficult to focus on others around him. That would make an accident theory very possible - he just didn't notice the heat and how it would affect a child. If he was as sloppy in getting rid of the little body as he is in reporting - Hussani will be found. all my opinions only

Hmm, if we are going to look at LWR with an objective eye. Might I make the suggestion also that we view JC with an objective eye as well?

Just because LWR has chosen to place himself in front of the media, we still have JC who has refused a LDT. Just a thought rambling through my head. We have seen stranger things happen haven't we elepher?

It was briefly and generally discussed and no one attributed it a quote by the couple. I think the inference came from articles stating:

combined with the identification of Mr. Burris solely as a civil rights attorney:

There is one that I haven't located again which had a list of legal areas in which Mr. Burris practices immediately following his name, similar to the description you gave, but it did not include any of the ones you mentioned other than the ones that fall under civil rights.
and finally the articles only describe the couple as consulting or seeking the advise of Mr. Burris; it has yet to be confirmed he is their attorney.

Your post is the first to ascribe fields of law to Mr. Burris other than civil rights. If this information had been provided simultaneously with the couple's issues with LE, or if Mr. Burris had been confirmed as their lawyer, the inference wouldn't have been made I don't believe. In any case, racial bias was not the context in which it was presented, and I don't think you took it that way, did you?

The www is global and not everyone posting/reading at WS will be familiar with Mr. Burris' reputation, etc. The only reference some will have is the information provided here. This may result in erroneous leads and faulty premises. Fortunately, we work as a team and everyone contributes what they have discovered formally and sometimes just what they think or suspect in a kind of brainstorming mode; no offense intended or taken. I have never encountered, nor do I ever expect to, any criteria that would eliminate a case from being sleuthed here. As far as children are concerned, it goes well beyond solving a crime. Everyone here knowingly subjects themselves to the full range of intense emotions associated with crimes against children and everyone takes it personally. I think most everyone here if they could, would voluntarily go to that horrific point in time, and if they couldn't defend the child, would say, let me take this and not this child. You haven't said anything contrary to this, I just wanted to absolutely dispel any concern the posts about this matter may have generated for you. I hope I have, but if I haven't please accept my sincerest apology for my failure.
i.b.nora said:
Thanks, Angel. You could be right about what others are mistaking. John Burris is one of the most high profile attorneys in the entire Bay Area, who also happens to be black.
His practice areas include Civil Rights Violations, Employment Discrimination, Child Dependency, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury/Wrongful Death.
My point is, there are a number of areas in which his expertise might be helpful and encouraging to them. And, he is a familiar figure, since he is often in the news or on television, both locally and nationally.
I wanted to add, which I forgot earlier that I happen to know that the bulk of John's caseload is wrongful death suits against the Oakland P.D. I do believe the fact that Louis Ross is black and suspicious of why LE is questioning him is why he chose John Burris...

O/T: WS's went off line for a few minutes!

Glad it was corrected fast...thank you to the PC techs! :clap:

I want to add that the video I posted above, has a NEW short clip with JC & LR in it.

I just can't get past his choice of wording being in past tense...for example Hassani WAS..... as well as how JC can never look at the interviewers in the eyes directly for very long. Which could very well be due to the stress of the Hassani missing & not knowing where he is or what happened to him.

I do agree with Kat that we all should be looking at both of them. Not just focusing on LR...who knows what happened in the morning or since the last confirmed sighting by a relative on Aug. 6th.

There has only been one statement that at the junk yard a child was seen crying in the car. This may very well have been the baby & they both set up Monday as the day to pull off their story that Hassani was abducted. Which I still don't believe he was abducted, looking at the photos that Columbo posted, & the excellent visual explaination of the area that was given, it just dosen't add up to him being abducted that day in the alley. MOO

:angel:

Try to get some sleep Angel :blowkiss: I'm going to bed myself. Hopefully, when we awake Hassani will be found.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member